Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #1831
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
I've done both many, many times. I prefer Paris. That said, London is much easier for a first timer.

I see you're from Louisiana. If you speak French, that's helpful for Paris.

Woody

Agree with you woody
Old 01-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #1832
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
Thank you Sarah - this helps at least we can get started! We are on the give to all list - split or not.

I agree about the first post - maybe you should be the one to start the next thread - I am sure we are getting close!

Can you please post the number of each gender of adults and kids at some point

Cayla
Will have this up on the boards for you by the weekend, on my to do list, now xmas and 3 kids birthdays are out of the way, I'm here for the duration of the countdown to our departure date
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #1833
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post

While I've enjoyed visiting Edinburgh (which has some of the longest days I've ever experienced and friendliest people I've ever met), the military tattoo is still on my bucket list.

Woody
Old 01-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #1834
gramfrog
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
I haven't had time to read thru this thread but who is planning on Paris or London?
At first we thought we would do a combo but decided we would be rushing both. My little girl has been dying to go to Paris, but I really want to do London. I do think if we add the extra week Paris will win out. For those of you that have been to both, which did you prefer? We do want at least one day in DLParis but don't want to spend alot of time there.
We LOVE Paris.
Having had the pleasure of spending several vacations (and business trips) in both, we would choose Paris every time. It has the feel of a walkable village with an excellent transportation system, with Metro locations within a very few blocks of each other. London feels much more spread out and the tube stations are many blocks apart oftentimes.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #1835
binkytell
DIS Veteran

I've sent pm's to both lysand and berries97 to see if they are still organising the activities they volunteered for as Both have not been active on dis for quite a few months.

Bradbrad25 I've searched for but that name is not recognised, is this you or is the name wrong, please get back to us please.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #1836
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
While I've enjoyed visiting Edinburgh (which has some of the longest days I've ever experienced and friendliest people I've ever met), the military tattoo is still on my bucket list.

Woody
Although Ive lived in glasgow for 21 years, I'm originally from Middlesbrough a small industrial town In northeast of England, much like Springfield in the simpsons. I've never been to the tattoo although we arranged a reunion meet with now friends we made on the 2011 wbta to go last year, unfortunately I didn't make it due to no childcare but my husband and daughter went, hi dawn and Steve
Old 01-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #1837
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Haha bad brad, that's why I can't find you

Got you now
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #1838
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know the charge per bag on Easy Jet?

I have a feeling we will do Paris if we add on. It's not like I don't want to go there. But I love all things royal and want to see castles and tower of London. We figure we will end up there at some point and can do it right instead of rushing it.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:36 PM   #1839
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've sent pm's to both lysand and berries97 to see if they are still organising the activities they volunteered for as Both have not been active on dis for quite a few months.

Bradbrad25 I've searched for but that name is not recognised, is this you or is the name wrong, please get back to us please.
Thank you for all your hard work following up with this!!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #1840
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've never been to the tattoo although we arranged a reunion meet with now friends we made on the 2011 wbta to go last year, unfortunately I didn't make it due to no childcare but my husband and daughter went, hi dawn and Steve
I must admit I had to look up what a "tattoo" was when you guys were discussing it a while back. I figured out it wasn't something from the show "Inked"...
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #1841
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know the charge per bag on Easy Jet?

I have a feeling we will do Paris if we add on. It's not like I don't want to go there. But I love all things royal and want to see castles and tower of London. We figure we will end up there at some point and can do it right instead of rushing it.
No clue. Maybe go through the website like you are making a booking until you get to the point you have to put in a credit card to see?

While you are there in the vicinity... worth doing. That's how several aspects of our trip have been - minus well do it.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #1842
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are planning on joining the FE as well. Please let me know when the final day is to sign up.

For those of you that have been on this cruise before, what is the weather supposed to be like? Both on the cruise and off in Europe?
A while back I had peeked at some websites, and I noticed the EBTA in May will be a few degrees cooler than our WBTA in September. Not that it helps much by putting it that way! But I wore shorts and capris onboard, and pretty much shorts at all ports on that WBTA. I will bring mainly capris for this one I believe. Either way, I hope to pack for 7 nights and do laundry onboard as well as in Barcelona (we booked an apartment with a washer dryer).
Old 01-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #1843
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

Hmmm...is it too cold to swim? We did the Alaskan in June and dd did swim one day but it was hard getting out because of the cold. It's hard packing for cooler weather if we will be there for 3 weeks. I wondered about shipping some of dd's things back from Barcelona to make room for new things. Anyone know anything about that?

Is anyone taking the train to Paris? We did the train to Vancouver and dd loved it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
A while back I had peeked at some websites, and I noticed the EBTA in May will be a few degrees cooler than our WBTA in September. Not that it helps much by putting it that way! But I wore shorts and capris onboard, and pretty much shorts at all ports on that WBTA. I will bring mainly capris for this one I believe. Either way, I hope to pack for 7 nights and do laundry onboard as well as in Barcelona (we booked an apartment with a washer dryer).
Old 01-10-2013, 10:15 PM   #1844
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Kids & Adults were swimming each day of the crossing in 2011, it wasn't hot out but warm. It was warm enough to enjoy CC!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #1845
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did the train to Vancouver and dd loved it.
Isn't that a great little ride?!? We did that as well - flew into SEA and took the train to Vancouver. Well worth the ride.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: