Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #1816
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Just re-read - definitely check Barcelona to Iceland with a Stopover, then Iceland to Houston for your dates. About to have to run somewhere or I'd check - will check when back home.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #1817
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Just re-read - definitely check Barcelona to Iceland with a Stopover, then Iceland to Houston for your dates. About to have to run somewhere or I'd check - will check when back home.
we decided to go to Paris first - so we are doing Easy Jet.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2013, 03:08 PM   #1818
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! I still think I need to push back final payment until we find out about our moving deal. I asked on the board and they said I can move the reservation and move it back but keep my on board credit and discount. We DEFINITELY have plans on doing it but without all the info for the move I hate to be locked into it. Right now I have options.

What excursions are those of you with kids planning on in Portugal and UK? My dd is 9. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #1819
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Easy Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post

. . . The carry on bags are limited in size only - they are VERY small.

. . . Be careful with the weight - I understand that if you are over even an ounce - they will charge you about 40 Euro.
Last year, we flew to and from Switzerland on Easy Jet. Cayla is correct -- they are very strict about carry-on and checked luggage. But as long as you follow the rules, you'll be okay.

Woody
Old 01-10-2013, 03:37 PM   #1820
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we decided to go to Paris first - so we are doing Easy Jet.
Sorry for any confusion --- I was trying to answer Queenbee's question about flights and Paris afterwards. I should've hit that quote button before replying to avoid confusion.

I think I recall a while back in the thread you ladies heading to Paris - glad it is going to work out for you!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #1821
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenbee99 View Post
What excursions are those of you with kids planning on in Portugal and UK? My dd is 9. Thanks!
Last time we used Daniel Taxi (Madeira) and a private tour (Gibraltar) for our family. Of course our kiddos then were ages 5 and 15 months at that time, but for a 9 year old I would suspect they would also be enjoyable and beneficial for the family.

Because of the second half of this vacation we are taking it easy on the ports on this EBTA cruise. Hoping to stick around town for both Madeira and Gibraltar as we didn't spend much time in the "town" areas in 2011.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:53 PM   #1822
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Sorry for any confusion --- I was trying to answer Queenbee's question about flights and Paris afterwards. I should've hit that quote button before replying to avoid confusion.

I think I recall a while back in the thread you ladies heading to Paris - glad it is going to work out for you!
no worries - actually you got me thinking - so I rechecked Icelandic Air - they are using a co-chair to do the flights from Barcelona. British Air, so the flight leaves at night and stays overnight somewhere, then arrived the next morning in Paris. Easy Jet is still the best bet for us.

However, since we are now on Southwest in the states for our first leg (2 checked bags) and Icelandic Air has 2 checked bags, now I am looking to purchase more checked kilos. Yea, more money, but a lot less stress to use our regular bags instead of duffel bags.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #1823
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you know anyone that has flown with Iceland Air? Read any reviews? I was wondering how their service/flight was. thanks!
I researched it when looking for myself this summer. As a former airline employee and hubby still is, we tend to look at the safety first. We had found a great deal on Turkish Air, but I recall checking them out and immediately taking them off the possible list. He knew it before I even had to research that one.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:02 PM   #1824
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
no worries - actually you got me thinking - so I rechecked Icelandic Air - they are using a co-chair to do the flights from Barcelona. British Air, so the flight leaves at night and stays overnight somewhere, then arrived the next morning in Paris. Easy Jet is still the best bet for us.

However, since we are now on Southwest in the states for our first leg (2 checked bags) and Icelandic Air has 2 checked bags, now I am looking to purchase more checked kilos. Yea, more money, but a lot less stress to use our regular bags instead of duffel bags.
Oh, the joys of the multiple modes of transportation I'm still needing to look at Italian trains to figure out that baggage post-cruise. We'll have Southwest Air to Houston and Iceland Air / US Air codeshare home, but trains in the middle somewhere. But surely if we only pack for 7 nights and do laundry we'll be fine. I do good enough keeping up with the kids. Hubby has been put in charge of keeping up with his mother.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:19 PM   #1825
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Last year, we flew to and from Switzerland on Easy Jet. Cayla is correct -- they are very strict about carry-on and checked luggage. But as long as you follow the rules, you'll be okay.

Woody
We flew glasgow to Paris to Barcelona for the 2011 wbta, in glasgow they did not check our carryons but Paris oh my they checked that every single persons carryon bag fitted into the stand with the required measurements. I was stressing big time as our bags were well over, with a 9 month old baby though we lucked out and she started screaming and we got swept along with thank you and Cheerio lol
Old 01-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #1826
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

We are planning on joining the FE as well. Please let me know when the final day is to sign up.

For those of you that have been on this cruise before, what is the weather supposed to be like? Both on the cruise and off in Europe?
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #1827
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post

. . . I was stressing big time as our bags were well over, with a 9 month old baby though we lucked out and she started screaming and we got swept along with thank you and Cheerio lol
Too funny!

One time we were in line to board Easy Jet, and the gate attendant started making everyone put their carry-on into the luggage stand right before boarding. I've never seen so many people get out of line to try to repack their stuff.

Woody
Old 01-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #1828
queenbee99
DIS Veteran

I haven't had time to read thru this thread but who is planning on Paris or London?
At first we thought we would do a combo but decided we would be rushing both. My little girl has been dying to go to Paris, but I really want to do London. I do think if we add the extra week Paris will win out. For those of you that have been to both, which did you prefer? We do want at least one day in DLParis but don't want to spend alot of time there.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 PM   #1829
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen

Quote:

. . . Paris or London?

. . . For those of you that have been to both, which did you prefer?
I've done both many, many times. I prefer Paris. That said, London is much easier for a first timer.

I see you're from Louisiana. If you speak French, that's helpful for Paris.

Woody
Old 01-10-2013, 09:04 PM   #1830
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I haven't had time to read thru this thread but who is planning on Paris or London?
At first we thought we would do a combo but decided we would be rushing both. My little girl has been dying to go to Paris, but I really want to do London. I do think if we add the extra week Paris will win out. For those of you that have been to both, which did you prefer? We do want at least one day in DLParis but don't want to spend alot of time there.
I love going to London but I love Paris even more, we took my daughter when she was 6 and 9 and she loves it too, but then we are from UK so maybe the different culture appeals to us more when on vacation. although a cospomolitan city, London can be very much home away from home for us. In Paris I love nothing more than sitting outside a cafe, people watching, listening to the romantic accent of the French men [even if they are saying I stink] and drinking lots of coffee and wine

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: