Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #1741
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

gonecrusin, there is so much to do in London! Its very easy to get around, and in central London places are a lot closer together than you might think if walking.

The Tube (London Underground) is extremely easy to navigate and a great way of getting round.

If you (or anyone else!) puts up a list of places you are interested in I'm happy to try and find discount vouchers for you to use whilst there (love getting a bargain, everyone at work uses me to find things cheaper for them!).

I don't know much about hotels as never stayed there, as I only live an hour away so travel by train.

Whilst I wouldn't like to live there, London is a fantastic city and I love visiting it - in fact I was there yesterday, albeit only for a hospital visit so didn't see anything else!

I am extremely lucky as I am a police officer, and our force gets free train travel on London Midland trains, so it doesn't cost me anything to get there. Was great in the summer, as I went and saw several free olympic events in Hyde Park.

Padalyn - sorry to hear about your flights, thats crappy. Hope you manage to get it sorted.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #1742
belle2011
Earning My Ears

Hi,
Which company do you use to transportation to the port from the airport ? We're 4.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM   #1743
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
We are heading to Paris after Barcelona and I was wondering if anyone has used a tour company or even a private tour that is reliable and cost effective for 4 people. It will be me, DH, DD 13 and DS 11.
We are planning to do at least one or two guided tours during our week in Paris. Here are a few companies we are considering.
http://www.newparistours.com/
http://www.paris-walks.com/private-tours.html
http://www.parismuse.com/index.shtml
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

Old 01-09-2013, 08:10 AM   #1744
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Someone posted this before...

http://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/

When I checked rates for 4 it seemed reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2011 View Post
Hi,
Which company do you use to transportation to the port from the airport ? We're 4.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #1745
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Awesome, thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
We are planning to do at least one or two guided tours during our week in Paris. Here are a few companies we are considering.
http://www.newparistours.com/
http://www.paris-walks.com/private-tours.html
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #1746
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
I would have a back up plan for your car or a reservation at an airport hotel just in case. Air Tran seems to never be on time arriving or departing Chicago.
REALLY????? So you are implying that we might be stuck in Chicago? That would more than suck. So, let me get this - if we do get out of Chicago, we could arrive in Hobby up to 3 hours late?

Way too much stress for me now...I was so stressed yesterday just because of Jet Blue - now this?

I finally managed to get a rental car so we can drive from home to Philadelphia to get on the first leg of the journey - this trip is becoming a trains, planes, and autos trip - I did this a couple of years ago - I really don't want to do it again...please, some reassurance would be appreciated.

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #1747
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
REALLY????? So you are implying that we might be stuck in Chicago? That would more than suck. So, let me get this - if we do get out of Chicago, we could arrive in Hobby up to 3 hours late?

Way too much stress for me now...I was so stressed yesterday just because of Jet Blue - now this?
Unfortunately it could happen with any airline. Are you able to take an earlier flight so there are backup flights later just in case? Any flight attendant, pilot or dispatcher could give you more scenarios than you want to hear about the possible "what-ifs" they have encountered. Not just plane maintenance, but weather (spring thunderstorms), other passenger medical emergencies, waiting on a group of connecting passengers who had weather in their area, etc - and waiting too long or a diversion could put a flight crew too long to be legal to fly, then looking for a replacement crew per FAA guidelines.

Just some of the delays I have been on as a passenger include: a man complaining of tightness in chest (diverted takeoff, return to terminal, then coerce the man off the plane... and he had previously had a heart attack and didn't want to get off yet had no clue medical care is much better at ground level versus 35,000 feet in the air), some jerk in a business suit who refused to get off his cell phone (return to terminal from end of runway and deplane the idiot who became hostile), a plane that looked nice to a flock of birds... one getting sucked up in the engine so when we landed it had to go for maintenance (that wasn't a nice smell...), a faulty light on an airplane in air (we had to turn around to DFW after already being around our destination because AA had no maintenance facility where we were landing - that 45 minute flight arrived 6 hours later... which we ended up having an emergency landing at DFW complete with fire trucks waiting on us - my first flight with my 2 year old by myself of course), a luggage bin latch that would no close correctly because a passenger used a fist to "help" it close by pounding it (so bags had to be offloaded for that bin), and don't even get me started on the Aloha Air flight that was 8 hours late to go from Maui to Kaui (and our luggage arrived over 24 hours later - that we got to drive 45 min back to LIH to pick up ourselves just sitting there in the terminal). None of these were weather related or planned delays. Those are just some of the delays I have experienced (granted out of hundreds of flights, so still a small percentage). Not to scare you, but some things that are completely unplanned can wreak havoc on a schedule. That's why I suggested considering an earlier flight if possible.

Ugh, just thinking through some of my delays - coming home from the Virgin Islands this Spring the girls and I got stranded in Miami on AA. Finally got out of there and overnighted at Orlando, but of course we arrived after every restaurant had closed. Another one of those I was thankful for whatever snacks I had stuffed in my bag. (one of those trips where it was cheaper to buy a ticket to Orlando vs Miami although the plane had a connection in Miami - that was over a 2 hour delay)
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #1748
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post

I finally managed to get a rental car so we can drive from home to Philadelphia to get on the first leg of the journey - this trip is becoming a trains, planes, and autos trip - I did this a couple of years ago - I really don't want to do it again...please, some reassurance would be appreciated.

Cayla
You're connecting through O'Hare? Are you changing planes or just stopping in Chicago? It can be a mess for connections, I don't believe you will be stuck in Chicago... too many options for that but I do think you could be delayed which could throw off your already tight schedule.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause any stress. I just wanted you be prepared.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

Old 01-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #1749
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

kid travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
You don't have to ask her anymore now.

You can ask whatever tou want to know about the Netherlands and i'm willing to answer as much as i know myself....

Are the kids tall enough to go without carseats??
Or do you have to find a way to get them here??
My kids are small. The oldest under 50lbs. We have both height and wieght restrictions, here. Is Europe just a height restriction?

America is 65lbs. and 4'5". I tell my DD(8) that she will take her drivers test in her booster, lol.

I will have to find a way to transport them from Barcelona to Amsterdam, and then around town.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #1750
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvet View Post
Getting around in Europe with small kids would be flying.
Fly from Barcelona to Amsterdam an Copenhagen.
Keep an close eye to the bagage weight restrictions, most airlines allow the max of 20kg (44 pounds) or some 23kg (50 pounds) in total not per bag.
Is it possible to take the train? I was hoping they could see some of the countryside. I would like to avoid Paris, and see the Alps. Not looking for the fastest route.

Thanks, again.
Sarah
Old 01-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #1751
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause any stress. I just wanted you be prepared.
I should have put mine that way - not meaning to cause stress. Just be prepared for whatever could happen.

I have Spirit Air booked this Spring, and I know they are not that good, but they were half the price of anyone else for our routing (international). Dreading that flight for sure.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #1752
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Happy New Year!

What is the magnets only mandate?

Hope all is well with all of you!
DCL has posted taping decorations to the door is ruining the finish. They have stated that they will fine those that do, and ask that only magnets be used.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:59 AM   #1753
belle2011
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
Someone posted this before...

When I checked rates for 4 it seemed reasonable.
Oups sorry it was in Houston we need transfer (in Barcelona we're gone have our own car).
Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #1754
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Welcome aboard!! Which part of Oklahoma? Hubby is an OSU Cowboy, and his parents and grandmother live outside OKC. He's a transplant to Texas now. We will have our two daughters with us - one who will be almost 7 and one turning 3 the week after we disembark. Also - If you are needing a room for the four of you in Galveston, we have a group rate at the Tremont. $159 for two queens in a 500 sq ft room. I can get you the info if needed.
Hello!
I grew up in the Panhandle, Guymon, but we are a Sooner family now. We live just south of OKC in Norman.
My daughters are 8 and 3 with a 6yr old brother in the middle.

I had not thought about spending the night. Is that necessary?
We normally just fly in, grab the DCL bus, and roll out to the boat. (This way I only have to watch kids, rather than kids and luggage.) I am new to taking DCL out of Galveston, though. Total rookie.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #1755
Cabinfever2013
Earning My Ears

That's OK. I had no idea about registering, so it helped someone, lol.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: