Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #1711
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
What is the magnets only mandate?
I am assuming the OP was remarking on the sticky elsewhere on the forum that talks about only using magnets for decorating our doors. Ie No tape.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #1712
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
Ginger ale was available in the dining rooms at dinner. My DH had it every night on the EBPC on Wonder, and at least once on a Canadian cruise on Magic.

Beth
FYI - Last cruise was just before the hurricane and it was a little rough. Oldest daughter was not feeling well and we went to the bar to get a ginger ale and the bartender put extra ginger in it to help settle her stomach.

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #1713
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Kensington and Marble Arch are both good places to stay in. Have you visited London before? I'm happy to help with suggestions on what to do there, as we from the UK we visit London around 7/8 times a year.
Never been before. The truth be the Caribbean, Alaska and Mexican Rivera are the only cruise destinations out of the 20 or so we have done. Everything you can advise us about would be great. We are flying right to London after the cruise and spending 2 nights.

I love to do laundry

2014 Aulani
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #1714
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin

Never been before. The truth be the Caribbean, Alaska and Mexican Rivera are the only cruise destinations out of the 20 or so we have done. Everything you can advise us about would be great. We are flying right to London after the cruise and spending 2 nights.
Is there anything in particular you are interested in visiting whilst there? i.e Buckingham Palace, Tower of London?
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #1715
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

I see the military discount for this cruise is $55 pp/day for a 9C - which is $770 + taxes. That's 50% off the current price of $1,540 pp plus taxes! I know the IGT/OGT/VGT fares won't be that low, but I am really tempted to move my onboard booking reservation for this cruise to something else while we wait to see what DCL offers after the PIF date. We are already booked in an 11C gty - so we can't go any lower!
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #1716
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
I am assuming the OP was remarking on the sticky elsewhere on the forum that talks about only using magnets for decorating our doors. Ie No tape.
Ahh, I hear ya. I thought we could only do magnets for FE hahahaha!

Old 01-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #1717
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I see the military discount for this cruise is $55 pp/day for a 9C - which is $770 + taxes. That's 50% off the current price of $1,540 pp plus taxes! I know the IGT/OGT/VGT fares won't be that low, but I am really tempted to move my onboard booking reservation for this cruise to something else while we wait to see what DCL offers after the PIF date. We are already booked in an 11C gty - so we can't go any lower!
I think I would be playing the gamble as well if not on a military or interline rate that's being offered right now.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #1718
Maza
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
No need to bump ... merely register for messages (daily seems best), via THREAD TOOLS (upper/right of each page). You will be sent an e-mail with all new messages, including links to DCL.
I didn't mean 'bump' as in 'the posts' . I meant as in ' going back to work on two night shifts with very little sleep kind of bump'
Old 01-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #1719
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

UGH!!!

Today is the day I am so upset with Jet Blue....they CANCELED my flight from JFK to HOU - the rebook was either too early in the day (I am graduating on the 17th and won't be done before 2pm - that flight was at 245 with over an hour drive!) The flight the next day lands after the rental car is due back....sigh.

So, we are now booked on Air Tran out of Phili....via Chicago, landing 15 minutes later than the Jet Blue flight...we will be RUNNING to get the car (pickup has to be before 1am - we land at 12:15)

So my question is this - for those who have flown into Hobby - where are the rental car desks in comparison to the luggage carousels? And from the gates? Should we split up? one for luggage one for car? so many questions - I hope all you guys can help!!!

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #1720
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

My newly retired father (also a DCL fan) has decided to join me on the cruise! Another Kiwi on the boat I decided a split bathroom would be a neccessity with the addition of a cabin mate, so have shifted from my 11C into a 10C.

We're staying at the Airport Marriott through Disney, but sadly won't be able to join up with anyone for drinks because we arrive after midnight and will be exhausted after about 17 hours in the air, all up

Now to go and catch-up on this thread,, I am way behind...
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Old 01-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #1721
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Is there anything in particular you are interested in visiting whilst there? i.e Buckingham Palace, Tower of London?
What do you think some of the don't miss things are? If we stay in Kensington is it easy to get around?

I love to do laundry

2014 Aulani
Old 01-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #1722
kyra's mommy
Mouseketeer

Just booked! We are a family of four, a boy and a girl (b-5) (g-10) and we are from Gilbert, Arizona. So excited. I've been wanting to take this trip for awhile. I fly for Southwest Airlines, any other airline people traveling?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #1723
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
UGH!!!

So, we are now booked on Air Tran out of Phili....via Chicago, landing 15 minutes later than the Jet Blue flight...we will be RUNNING to get the car (pickup has to be before 1am - we land at 12:15)

Cayla
Are you on Airtran or Southwest out of PHL? We are looking to fly Southwest via MDW that gets into HOU at 12:15AM Saturday. We might be on the same flight.

I can't help you with the airport questions as I have never been to HOU but I have heard it is a small airport and from my travel experiances, most rental places will stay open if your flight is delayed. I travel a lot for work and my flights has been delayed past their closing times before and they always have stayed open for me. Either for off-site pick up or onsite. They have my flight info in advance and know what flights they are waiting on.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #1724
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Are you on Airtran or Southwest out of PHL? We are looking to fly Southwest via MDW that gets into HOU at 12:15AM Saturday. We might be on the same flight.

I can't help you with the airport questions as I have never been to HOU but I have heard it is a small airport and from my travel experiances, most rental places will stay open if your flight is delayed. I travel a lot for work and my flights has been delayed past their closing times before and they always have stayed open for me. Either for off-site pick up or onsite. They have my flight info in advance and know what flights they are waiting on.
yep seems like we are...whew, that is good info! Thanks for that!
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #1725
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
What do you think some of the don't miss things are? If we stay in Kensington is it easy to get around?
I am not from London but have visited five times and have played tourist every trip as I am always traveling with people who have never been. I stay with friends so I can't comment on the hotels but can offer some of my must-do's! Also, I LOVE the tube. It is sooo easy to use and clean. You can get anywhere you need to get using it. Not sure how many days you will be there but my list includes:
British Museum-Roestta Stone is here
Buckingham Palace
Parliament/St. Stephen's Tower
Kensington Palace/Hyde Park
London Eye (Lots of money,though)
Tower Bridge
Tower of London
London Dungeon (if traveling with older kids)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: