Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 05:59 PM   #1546
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayOfRedondo

If you do get back to Curacao, I recommend the tour of the Ostrich Farm. It was so interesting and fun. I still tell the story of feeding the ostriches to my friends, and I did this seven years ago. Great fun.

Ray
Thanks very much for the tip - that sounds like fun!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 12-30-2012, 06:01 PM   #1547
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie

I saw your name on that thread today. Good question. I'm hoping for an answer.

That link and some others have been collected on our website.

https://sites.google.com/site/onamag...eful-documents

If anyone has anything else, please send them along and I'll add them. I was looking for Cruise drinks today but didn't find a good single spot yet... Going to try making a couple this evening to get the final planning juices flowing.
Yeah I am really hoping he replies, it intrigued me when he says he was trying to work out the rotational dining. I do wish he had said at the end how much his bar bill had cost etc, would have been nice to know. SO jealous he got that Ducky Williams lithograph!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-30-2012, 06:19 PM   #1548
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayOfRedondo View Post
Hello Heather:

Will you please tell me more about the toboggan ride? What was it like? Do you recommend it.
Not Heather... but can give two thumbs up for the toboggan ride. As of last September it cost 25 euros for our family of four. That was with both kiddos riding in our laps (they were little then). If you incorporate it into a tour, then your driver can pick you up at the bottom of the hill. It was one of those "we must do it... when will we EVER be back here?" experiences.

That said... this time we are bringing my mother in law, and of course my 5 year old remembers it and has asked to do it again. Still trying to figure out Madeira... we want MIL to see it like we did last year on a tour, but hubby and I want to see the downtown area this time.

If you want to see videos, let me know and I can PM you some links. Not scary, quite fun, and it's got some history to it.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM   #1549
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayOfRedondo

Hello Heather:

Will you please tell me more about the toboggan ride? What was it like? Do you recommend it.

I am originally from your neighborhood. I was born in East Saint Louis (lived in the farm communities near Collinsville), lived in Granite City for many years and then moved to California in 1964. I have a brother who lives in St. Charles, MO.

Hope we can meet on the cruise.

Ray
Ray,
We're practically neighbors!!! Lol we live in Bethalto, IL. Yes, we'll definitely have to meet!!
We really enjoyed the toboggan ride, it isn't fast like I thought it would be. It's adventurous but not real scary. There is a cable car ride to the top which is beautiful!!! My DD wants to do the ride again. There was a very nice lunch after the ride and then we chose to walk back to the ship instead of taking the bus so we could walk around town more. We were there on a Sunday and most of the town was shut down. By having our tour scheduled through DCL it did allow us to cut the line for the toboggan ride and they were closing soon.

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 12-31-2012, 09:50 AM   #1550
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlong329 View Post
GTY is different from I-GTY, O-GTY ad V-GTY.

I-GTY, O-GTY and V-GTY are made available online, but only when the sailing date is approaching (ie: 90, 120, 150 days prior to sailing). On the other hand, GTY is offered by Disney when you call to book a cruise, but DCL is low on inventory in the stateroom / class you are seeking. Essentially, DCL says, they do not want to give you a specific stateroom, and reserves the right to move you elsewhere on the ship, but guarantees the Category (or higher). So, we booked a 7A GTY (Navigator's Verandah), after requesting a Secret Navigator. The idea is similar to I-GTY, O-GTY or V-GTY, but slightly different. Had I called for a Cat 7C, I would likely have been guaranteed 7C or better ... and would not be offered a 7A or 7B. Whereas, a V-GTY will put you in ANY verandah. I am not sure if there is a difference in price on cash rates, but we were charged normal DVC points for 7A. Had we wanted 7C (and offered GTY), we would have been charged points for 7C.

For now, it seems, the more I try to explain, the more confusing it gets!

Steven
No, your explanation is not too confusing. To clear up a few things about GT rates. The GT rates (IGT, OGT,VGT) are non refundable, paid in full at the time of booking, extremely restricted discount rates. They are usually offered closer to PIF date or after but there have been times they were offered much earlier. These rates can be booked online or by phone through DCL or a TA.

The description of GTY rates was spot except they can be booked online as well as by phone. Online they usually show up when you try to book a specific room number.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 12-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #1551
Goofy39.3
Earning My Ears

Is there anybody that would be interested in a mostly friendly game of poker? Probably tournament style for $10 or $20. We did this on our last Magic cruise and had a few players. We only played once because there was so much else to do. I think with all the sea days this cruise we would play more often. I know there is four players from my travel party, so we don't need that many more to make a good game.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:04 PM   #1552
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Chris,

My DH (dado004) Ross, (he isn't on here much and gets his DIS vicariously through me ) said he would be interested, but had a question about gambling being allowed? If it is allowed, he said he would definitely be interested. Maybe you guys could set up a time to go to Diversions 3 or 4 times and just put it on the calendar

Missy in MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy39.3 View Post
Is there anybody that would be interested in a mostly friendly game of poker? Probably tournament style for $10 or $20. We did this on our last Magic cruise and had a few players. We only played once because there was so much else to do. I think with all the sea days this cruise we would play more often. I know there is four players from my travel party, so we don't need that many more to make a good game.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #1553
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
Chris,

My DH (dado004) Ross, (he isn't on here much and gets his DIS vicariously through me ) said he would be interested, but had a question about gambling being allowed? If it is allowed, he said he would definitely be interested. Maybe you guys could set up a time to go to Diversions 3 or 4 times and just put it on the calendar

Missy in MN
Hi Missy, I can't be sure, but I think you're confusing Goofy39.3 and I. It would be a crazy coincidence to have 2 Goofy Chris-es.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #1554
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy39.3
I would be

Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 PM   #1555
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

I don't do a lot of hotel bookings by myself for personal travel. It's been part of a bundle deal with Disney or for business done by our travel agent.

I've been looking through Booking.com and some other sites for our hotel in Barcelona. What's people's thoughts? Is it better to book directly through the hotel's website or does something like Booking.com give you some better guarantees maybe?

Thoughts and opinions would be appreciated.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #1556
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Yes you are right, I was confusing you two. It wouldn't surprise me if there were 2 Goofy Chris's though

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
Hi Missy, I can't be sure, but I think you're confusing Goofy39.3 and I. It would be a crazy coincidence to have 2 Goofy Chris-es.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #1557
RayOfRedondo
Earning My Ears

Toboggan Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Not Heather... but can give two thumbs up for the toboggan ride. As of last September it cost 25 euros for our family of four. That was with both kiddos riding in our laps (they were little then). If you incorporate it into a tour, then your driver can pick you up at the bottom of the hill. It was one of those "we must do it... when will we EVER be back here?" experiences.

That said... this time we are bringing my mother in law, and of course my 5 year old remembers it and has asked to do it again. Still trying to figure out Madeira... we want MIL to see it like we did last year on a tour, but hubby and I want to see the downtown area this time.

If you want to see videos, let me know and I can PM you some links. Not scary, quite fun, and it's got some history to it.
Hello Mandy: my apologies for the name confusion.

Thank you for the quick reply and encouraging details about the toboggan ride. The family I am traveling with wants to take in a wine tour, but they also feel we have time for the toboggan ride, too, now that I have told them all about it.

Your mother-in-law sounds like a hoot. My mother-in-law was quite adventurous. She and I even went on a glider ride together. God rest her soul.

Take care, have a safe and joyous 2013 and I do hope we get a chance to meet on our cruise.

Ray
Old 12-31-2012, 03:13 PM   #1558
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Has anyone ever been to Italy, specifically Rome, or anywhere in Switzerland? I would appreciate any information. We were thinking of taking some time in each place, ending up in Paris since that seems to be the cheapest city to get home from
Old 12-31-2012, 03:23 PM   #1559
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I'll be honest, I'm getting pretty annoyed/upset about it. No flights or anything, not even from London. Why should I have to keep calling them instead of being able to book it online like others?! :/
I cannot speak from experience (I live in the US), but I am guessing transfers can be booked by calling your Travel Agent, or DCL direct. I understand DCL may not be offering flights to London ... but that does not mean you cannot obtain transfers to the airport. During our last EB TA, there were hoards of 55+ passenger motor coaches ready for guests as they disembarked. They do not ask for residency ... rather ... only your airline (so they can organize the stops).

Steven
Old 12-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #1560
dee slack
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy39.3 View Post
DH (Nigel) is also interested.

Disney Vow Renewal Wedding Pavilion Dec 13th 2007
Visited EVERY Disney park on the planet!!

Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer & Canada 05/02 *Florida 12/02*tour of Italy 05/03 *Kenya safari 12/03 *US S'west states 05/04 *Dubai 12/04 *China & HK 05/05 *Barbados & Royal Clipper 12/05 *Sth Africa, Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 05/06 *India 12/ 06 *Iceland 05/07 *Florida 12/07 (VR) & 10/10* Baltic Cruise 05/11*Tanzania safari 12/11 * tour of Turkey 05/12* Japan tour & TDR 10/12* DCL EBTA 5/13 * HKDL, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand & Singapore 04/14 * Norway 5/14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: