Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 11:50 PM   #91
dara00
DIS Veteran

On Day 1 we:
Met 13 characters
Rode 11 rides
Saw 3 parades
Saw the fireworks

One Day 2 we:
Met 10 characters (4 were repeats)
Rode 7 rides (2 were repeats - one of them a double repeat! and I'm counting PhilharMagic as a "ride")
Saw 2 shows

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #92
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Great update !

Philharmagic is one of our favorite things and I'm glad Gabbie decided to do it for you. I just love all the scenes and music.

What's with the riverboat anyway ? I've never done it and have no idea what it's all about. Is it just a cruise around the water ?
Sounds like maybe a nice break ... Or will my boys get bored ? Hmmmmm

Looking forward to your next update !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #93
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

I give you credit for doing that whole day for yourself! Yall really got a lot accomplished!

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 02-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #95
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
Great update !

Philharmagic is one of our favorite things and I'm glad Gabbie decided to do it for you. I just love all the scenes and music.

What's with the riverboat anyway ? I've never done it and have no idea what it's all about. Is it just a cruise around the water ?
Sounds like maybe a nice break ... Or will my boys get bored ? Hmmmmm

Looking forward to your next update !
Gabbie is pretty funny with the things she gets scared of! But I'm glad she agreed to do it too.

Yeah the riverboat is just a cruise around Tom Sawyer island. I didn't pay attention to the scenery we passed - I think I was deleting photos to try to make room for more or something! But yeah, it's a nice break, especially if your kid really loves boats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
I give you credit for doing that whole day for yourself! Yall really got a lot accomplished!
Thanks! I was nervous, but it went well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoboysnmygirl View Post
I'm reading and reading Dara! Not caught up yet, but I'm working on it!!
Thanks for joining in!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #96
dara00
DIS Veteran

Tampa Day 1

Wednesday, January 18th - Tampa

Everyone got up and ate breakfast in our Tampa hotel and then my husband headed to his office to work. Since we still had 2 rented cars, he drove himself. The kids and I went back to the room and then met up with a friend of mine and her 2 sons at the new children's museum. I'm actually not sure how new it is, but it was not there the last time we visited Tampa! (in 2007). It was really nice! The kids could have stayed there all day. Just a few pictures:

From there, we headed to the Tampa Aquarium. Somehow I remembered this place being much bigger - we went through everything in an hour! I am glad I only planned it for 1/2 the day. However, we did get to meet the penguins, so that was a lot of fun!

They take your picture when you first get there:

Some more photos:

We found Nemo!

It started to rain before we left and the way back was very rainy. The kids didn't seem to mind - and I used the very long Tampa lights to snap a few pictures of them:

I went through a Dunkin Donuts drive through and then parked by our hotel while the kids slept. When they woke up we went inside the hotel until Dave called and told us to pick him up at work. Once again my GPS failed me and I was directed to the totally wrong place! When I finally found Dave, we all went to have dinner with his co-worker and his family. He uploaded all my pictures for me so I had more room on my camera again - yay! Here are the kids at his house:

Next up: Day 2 in Tampa

Old 03-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #97
dara00
DIS Veteran

Day 2 in Tampa

On our second morning in Tampa I woke up with a bit of a sore throat. I figured I was getting a cold - ooh yay. The kids and I headed off to the Lowry Park Zoo. We love zoos and are members of our zoo in KC, so we get half price admission to many zoos around the country, this one included! By the time we got to the zoo though, I started feeling feverish and achy and my sore throat was becoming much worse...more on that later. Pictures from the zoo:

After lunch the kids discovered the fountains. I didn't want to let Simon into them though because he would have gotten soaked!

To get back to the sore throat thing...I decided that I needed to find out what was wrong with me. The feeling feverish thing definitely gave me a clue that something wasn't right. I knew there was a CVS near where we were staying because when I'd gotten lost on the way there Dave met me at the CVS. So we went there, but they didn't have a clinic. They were kind enough to direct me to a nearby Walgreens which did have a clinic. So picture me, feeling sick, and 3 kids sitting in a Walgreens waiting to be seen. Not fun. I was ready to leave, but they finally called me back.

I had a fever, an ear infection, and strep throat. Oh my. The doctor (nurse?) was very kind and helpful and sent me to Publix where you can get free antibiotics. Good to know! I also got ibuprofen and gatorade and snacks for the kids. We went to the hotel and I lay on the bed while the kids built some kind of fort out of the couch cushions and put their Minnie and Mickey dolls to bed.

The meds made the fever go away and by the next morning my sore throat was totally gone.

I am truly thankful that 1. It was me who got sick and not one of the kids. 2. It was not on a Disney day. 3. I was fully back to functioning for our next day plan - no way I could have ridden Rockin Roller Coaster on Thursday, but by Friday I was all set!

Old 03-01-2012, 09:35 PM   #98
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Looks like yall had a lot of fun in Tampa! Sorry you got sick, but glad it was gone so soon!

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 03-02-2012, 08:53 AM   #99
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

Tampa looks fun ! Bummer about getting sick though. But like you said, at least it wasn't one of the kids !! Thank goodness for those clinics.

Come check out ..
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 AM   #100
dara00
DIS Veteran

Toy Story Mania

Friday, January 20 - Disney Hollywood Studios!

The kids were sound asleep at 6 AM:

Soon after that, we got everyone up so we could head back to Orlando. We brought our breakfast in the car and were on the road by 6:45 AM. We arrived by 8:30 AM and parked here:

Somehow we were in a cast member lot?? We asked someone and they said it was fine, so we headed off to the entrance - well after we got the kids out of their pajamas and into their clothes!

That's Dave's head on the lower right!

The turnstiles opened around 8:45 and we headed in, of course we went straight to Toy Story Mania.

We got fast passes but there was no line, so we went straight in. I tried to grab some pics in the queue:

And then we were grabbing our glasses!

I sat with Zachary:

After the ride, we crossed the street and Dave got some coffee and I got a danish of some sort and then we got in line to meet Buzz and Woody. We were first! Simon had some fruit loops in the stroller and when the CM took the stroller to park it, they fell out. Oops. So in we went:

This Woody was very good at interaction - when he first came out he went straight to Dave and gestured that he wanted his coffee!

Zachary headed to Buzz:

And Woody gave me a kiss:

Woody held Woody:

And we all stood together:

As we exited the meet and greet area, the CM who spilled the fruit loops handed us a ticket for free popcorn. And by 9:30 AM we were off to start another magical day!

Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #101
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

TSMM is one of our fav rides ! I showed my boys your pics and they got so excited.

Come check out ..
Old 03-04-2012, 03:02 PM   #102
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

The TSMM line is just the cutest thing! I've never seen Mr. Potato Head though! Always in the fastpass line I suppose.

Looks like yall had a fun Buzz and Woody meet and greet! But I must ask, WHERE is Woody looking in the group shot, out the window?

Completed Trip Reports:
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #103
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
TSMM is one of our fav rides ! I showed my boys your pics and they got so excited.
I'm glad the boys liked the pics! Your trip is coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
The TSMM line is just the cutest thing! I've never seen Mr. Potato Head though! Always in the fastpass line I suppose.

Looks like yall had a fun Buzz and Woody meet and greet! But I must ask, WHERE is Woody looking in the group shot, out the window?
Disneyland TSMM doesn't have fast pass! I stood in that line in front of mr. potato head forever! haha. this time we went by too fast.

don't know where Woody is looking, but in the other pics he was bent over patting Simon's head...oh here:

Old 03-05-2012, 11:51 PM   #104
dara00
DIS Veteran

Lightning and Pirates and a Mermaid

OK, so this update connects with one that happens later in the day, but I want to keep everything in order, so it's going to be suspenseful as to why this was so important!

Well first, we stopped at the Singing in the Rain umbrella:

I couldn't get it to rain though!

And then we headed over to see Lightning McQueen. Zachary has always been a big fan - here he is at 2!

(Simon is wearing the same shirt Zachary wore in this picture, and Zachary is wearing it in a bigger size!)

So when we got there we were the only people there and the CM asked Zachary if he would like to wipe down Lightning. So he did.

And the pose:

After that fun encounter (which you will have to remember for later!) we were off to the Disney Jr. show for the 9:45 showing.

Zachary is kinda obsessed with Jake and the Neverland Pirates right now, but was just getting into them when we were in DHS, so we didn't meet him! We just saw him in this show!

Captain Hook:

After that show was over, Dave decided to head over to the Tower of Terror for a fast pass. I took the kids across to:

Soon after we got inside, they sent us on into the theater. Dave didn't make it back on time! He didn't care - instead he rode Rockin Roller Coaster on the single rider line! The kids enjoyed the Little Mermaid show even though Daddy missed it.

Next up - if you guessed more characters, you're right!

Old 03-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #105
hochuli
Earning My Ears

I'm loving your trip report!

Where did you purchase your boys' shirts for Day 1 at MK? I would love to get one for my little guy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: