Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #151
dara00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Your kids are adorable. They all have such big, bright smiles. My DH does not like Disney as much as I do either, but he always appeases me and enjoys himself when we go. Crap used to travel a lot for work. He had a trip (which he never ended up taking) planned for Orlando and told me we could not come. I was devastated. We took a last minute trip to WDW for our honeymoon, so I did not do any planning. I love the cool things you stumbled upon. The Mickey’s driver’s license sounds awesome. Your matching Minnie fingernails are so awesome. Yet another reminder of how much I want a daughter. It is awesome that Zachary walked through Disney. Xander needs to do that. After our Disneyland trip in June, I will not let him to use a stroller anymore not matter how much he complains. Five is old enough to walk, especially if your four year old can do it.

I am not surprised the monorail was not running based on the luck we had. It seems to be a theme across a lot of trip reports. Cool pictures with the fairies. My kids do not know them yet. Simon is so cute standing off to the side. It is cute that he won. How cute that Simon did not want to get off the carpet ride. Glad Dave found you before the Jasmine picture, because that is a cute family picture with her. More great family pictures with the characters. I love the one of Ariel and Eric with Gabbie and Zachary. It is cute that Zachary calls IASW, Small Town. That makes your TR title that much cuter. We rarely watch the parades, because DH does not enjoy them. It is cool to see the pictures. I would watch them more if seating was easier to come by.

You really had a lot of meet and greets before noon. What great timing you guys must have had. I love that you got Pooh and Tigger at the same time even though Simon was napping. It was smart of you to take some items of clothing off before riding Splash. Glad all the kids did well on HM. Crap took forever to get the Pooh fastpasses for the exact same reason as Dave. The biggest change to PoTC post movie was that Captain Jack Sparrow was added into three scenes. Most of the other changes were small, although the ride is a little better at Dl. The drop is bigger and I like seeing the atmosphere to include the Blue Bayou.

I love that the 3:00 parade starts at 3:25. What time is the 3:00 parade is one of my favorite questions but a truly valid one depending on where you are. Xander does not like to wear the 3D glasses either. Surprisingly, I loved Philharmagic too. Minnie has been to WDW more than a lot of kids (even though she was new the third time). That is cool. Thanks for sharing those pictures. We met Buzz there two trips ago and also waited a bit for him. Twenty minutes was one of our smaller waits to see a character. Love the picture of the kids in jail with Zurg.

I cannot believe how much you got done in one day. The family picture with Mickey and Minnie is pretty great too. I will start Day Two next time I log in.
thank you for all of your comments! It was like reliving my trip again.

The Mickey Mouse driver's license thing was way back when people were allowed in the front of the monorail. Too bad they don't let you do that anymore.

Having a daughter for things like fingernails is great! I'm so happy I had my girl first, but I love the boys too, they are so fun! Yes Zachary did great walking at Disney. I had brought a carrier to put Simon in and figured Zachary could sit if he wanted, but he never even complained. I forgot that Xander is older than Zachary! Is he in kindergarten?

thanks for all the compliments on the photos! we got some good ones for sure. I had one of them printed (the one with Jessie and Woody) to frame and I can't find it! I'm reorganizing my office room now and I should find it! speaking of finding things, we found the missing Minnie Mouse! she was sitting in a drawer. ugh!

thanks again for reading!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 05-01-2012, 01:26 PM   #152
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Xander turned 5 in December, so he missed the cutoff for Kindergarten. He has been going to preschool two days a week for almost 2.5 years, so he is ready. Entering full time school in the fall is part of the reason I decided our June trip to Disneyland would be his last trip in a stroller. If he is old enough to get up each day, go to school, walk all over the school, etc, he is old enough to walk at Disney. Our next trip is not planned until October 2013. If we throw in any extra trips between the two, he will walk! I am glad you found Minnie.

I love that you took all three kids into the park by yourself while DH worked. If I am lucky enough to get a daughter on our next try, I will have three kids. DH always jokes about getting a job at Disney. I am all for it, because I would take the kids all the time while he worked. That doll you spotted is adorable. Her grandparents must have had a lot of fun carrying her through the parks. I went into the American Girl store in LA (in hopes of a future daughter). After seeing those prices, I would not let the doll out of my house either. Thanks for sharing the pictures of rope drop. In all of our trips to Disney, we have never seen a rope drop. Yay, Simon got in there with Rapunzel. Seeing the interactive queue at Pooh makes me sad. Xander loved the Pooh playground. I am glad they moved the pieces to the ride but wish the playground was still intact.

It is cool when you keep running into people, so seeing the lady in the Rapunzel line is neat. There were people staying at our hotel last trip who we ran into three times. (<<<Spell check wants me to change the who in the previous sentence to that, but I do not think that is right). You took them on Small Town again. You are a patient Mama. I love the picture of Gabbie and Zachary on the PeopleMove when they went through Space Mountain. People are so kind when they see a Mom needing help. How nice of that man to grab Zachary off the PeopleMove. Xander received a lanyard with pins in his gift basket. He loved the pins and did not want to trade them. It is cute that your kids do the trading. We forgot to ride the train on our last trip. It was not on our must list, but Xander does love trains. Glad you go to ride it longer than everyone else (I will remember that tip).

Zachary was really into the castle show. It looks like Mickey had a lot of fun with Zachary’s doll. I love the look on his face. You got some great shots there. There are a lot of princesses in that meet and greet. It is like CRT only Belle actually has on her beautiful yellow dress. I can hardly talk DH into the princess meals. He is not going to let us do any princess character meets until I have a girl, I bet. Looks like Simon enjoyed the carousel. You rode Small Town a third time. Wow, you are the most patient Mom ever. Riding it once each trip is more than enough for me. Kids love that ride though, and I am glad Crap and Xander rode alone the second time.

Xander loved those mini carts when he was little too. Simon looks adorable behind it. The Children’s Museum in Tampa is neater than the one we have here. Looks like all of the kids had a good time at the aquarium. I adore the picture of all three of them sleeping in the car afterward. A Mom can dream for moments like that. It is rare when two sleep at the same time, so they must have burned off a lot of energy. Looks like the kids enjoyed dinner. Lots of smiles all around.

Looks like everyone had a great time at the zoo. I love that you posted the picture of the bat upside down. It is official that you are the most patient Mom ever. The last time I had strep, I could barely get out of bed. My temp was 104.6. Luckily, Xander was in preschool that day, so I only had Connor. DH had to leave work at 3pm to care for the kids. It was also our wedding anniversary, but we spent our evening at Urgent Care rather than the fancy evening he planned. He brought Connor into me for feedings and took him away. You took your kids to the zoo!

We once got into a cast member line at AK pre-opening (never saw a rope drop though). The park was scheduled to open at 9am. It was already a couple minutes after that when we arrived, but the lines had not moved yet. By the time we realized we were in the wrong line, the regular lines were super long. Around 9:15, the park opened (not sure why they were late). We did not enter until almost 9:30. Glad you did not have to move your car. You got fastpasses and rode Toy Story with no line. That is awesome. Way to plan, Mom. How cool to see an empty Buzz and Woody line! It’s awesome that you were first. Crap and I thought the interaction was awesome there too. I am bumming big time that we did not do all of those character stops early in the morning like you guys did. Being the only one in line for Lightning too is pretty awesome. It seems like we spent our whole HS day moving from one character line to another. I am learning what to do from your report. Thank you.

The more I read, the more I am tripping. You did the same Playhouse Disney and Voyage of the Little Mermaid like we did. Our days are so similar so far only you did some of the characters we waited forever for while we were in line for Piglet. I should edit mine to say do read your day for what to do and mine for what not to do. Sorcerer Mickey and the kids is a great picture. It is nice to see that the Photopass photographer took more than one picture of your family with Pooh. I think the Muppets show is still the same although DH did not want to watch it last trip, so I cannot be sure. Glad Gabbie did better this time. It has been a few trips since I rode RnR, but I like it more than I like California Screamin. Glad you had a good time.

We have not seen Lights Motor Action since Lightning was added. That is so cute that Zachary thought he was real. Love it. You are making incredible timing again. Thanks to all of the long character waits, we never got to do the Great Movie Ride. You even managed to get in a parade (which we rarely watch) before riding Toy Story again with your Fast Pass. Amazing. I am laughing that you got more done at HS than I did, and still had time to spend the evening off site with your in-laws. How nice that you had that time with the family.

Looks like you had a great time at Downtown Disney and everyone enjoyed the ice cream. I love your professional photos. We did that (have not written about it yet), but our pictures did not come out great. Ours were not done in the park either, so I think it is fine you waited for your in-laws. One day, I would love to get a drawing from the Art store for our home. They are all beautiful. I want them all too.

You got a lot of excellent PhotoPass pictures. I love that there are some where all five of you are looking at the camera. That does not happen often with such a short shoot. Thanks for sharing all of the recap pictures from previous trips. The one of Zachary with Lighting made me think of Xander. I love the smile of Gabbie’s face when she was a baby with Belle. Gabbie as a youngster on Small Town is a magical picture.

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family with us. I really enjoyed reading (and learning what to do).

Last edited by kmedina; 05-01-2012 at 01:33 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #153
dara00
DIS Veteran

oh, so Xander is about 1/2 a year old than Zachary. Zachary is 5 in June. He is going to start kindergarten too. I bet they would get along well!

Gabbie just got another American Girl doll! She is spoiled by her grandma. (I do not know if the one I took a picture of was bought by a grandma - but Gabbie's both were).

I have pictures of Gabbie at the Pooh playground. I actually did not know what happened to it until reading your tr. I did recognize the little house, but don't remember what else was there last time we were there in 2007. I do remember there was a Pooh, Tigger, and Darby meet and greet nearby.

It's funny that you think I'm patient - I'm really not! But Disney brings out the best in me. I actually like IASW though. It's not so awful. Reminds me of a record album I used to have as a kid!

I think the tip about the back of the train having a longer ride was actually a joke.

My DHS day was pretty lucky timing wise! I do have to say that with the new fastpass enforcement, we wouldn't have been able to hit up TSM again at the end of the day like we did - I'm sure our fastpass time had past! I do definitely recommend doing character meets first thing though. We were first in line for Woody and Jessie in MK and Woody and Buzz in DHS and that was great! We also got Jasmine and Ariel pretty soon after their lines opened. We also had low crowd levels!

Thanks again for all your comments! I look forward to reading more of your tr!

First Disney Trip 4/1992 ~ 7th Grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 4/1994 ~ 9th grade with parents and brother ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 3/1998 ~ College Spring Break with then bf now dh ~ MK, Epcot, MGM / 8/2006 with dh and 17 mos dd ~ DLR / 3/2007 with dh and 23 mos dd ~ AK / 12/2007 with dh, 2.5 yr dd and 6 mos ds ~ MK & Epcot / 5/2009 with dh, 4 yr dd, and 2 yr ds ~ DLR & CA /1/2012 with dh, 6 yr dd, 4 yr ds, and 17 mos ds ~ MK & DHS / 11/2012 for my birthday and Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon with dh ~ Marathon & Epcot / 6/2013 with dh, 8 yr old dd, 6 yr old ds, 2.5 yr old ds ~ all!

Old 05-01-2012, 10:04 PM   #154
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by dara00 View Post
oh, so Xander is about 1/2 a year old than Zachary. Zachary is 5 in June. He is going to start kindergarten too. I bet they would get along well!

Gabbie just got another American Girl doll! She is spoiled by her grandma. (I do not know if the one I took a picture of was bought by a grandma - but Gabbie's both were).

I have pictures of Gabbie at the Pooh playground. I actually did not know what happened to it until reading your tr. I did recognize the little house, but don't remember what else was there last time we were there in 2007. I do remember there was a Pooh, Tigger, and Darby meet and greet nearby.

It's funny that you think I'm patient - I'm really not! But Disney brings out the best in me. I actually like IASW though. It's not so awful. Reminds me of a record album I used to have as a kid!

I think the tip about the back of the train having a longer ride was actually a joke.

My DHS day was pretty lucky timing wise! I do have to say that with the new fastpass enforcement, we wouldn't have been able to hit up TSM again at the end of the day like we did - I'm sure our fastpass time had past! I do definitely recommend doing character meets first thing though. We were first in line for Woody and Jessie in MK and Woody and Buzz in DHS and that was great! We also got Jasmine and Ariel pretty soon after their lines opened. We also had low crowd levels!

Thanks again for all your comments! I look forward to reading more of your tr!
They probably would get along well. Xander loves everyone. I mean literally. He always tells people he just met that he loves them. Scary. I know. He will not play alone until he is 16!!!!

I said the Grandparents carried the American Girl Doll, because the doll's Mom would be the little girl who owns it. That is funny that her Grandma or the doll's Great Grandma bought her both of the dolls though.

Xander met Pooh and Tigger near that playground before, but we never met Darby. He would have liked to meet her, since he was a fan of the show.

I like the joke about the back of the train but have never played on the joke with Xander. We need to do that next time (if I remember).

You are probably more patient than you realize. My sister who is very patient (and single) will not visit a theme park with her two kids unless someone goes along to help her.

I am going to do characters first thing from now on. Thanks again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: