Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #106
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

We are doing Monaco and the car museum (DH chose this one), Lerici Castle and Pompeii.

I am off to Ikea and Hobbycraft on Friday to find some inspiration.
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & 12
WDW- 2001.
DCL (Magic) - August 2013, Dover to Barcelona August 2015
LisaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #107
jeni37
Mouseketeer

I just finished making my daughter's autograph book and my travel journal, so now I can focus on FE gifts! Yippee!
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #108
TahjmanMum
Earning My Ears

Newbie here

Hi All, Pinkytink found me on another website. Thought I would say hello. It will be my DH, me and DD 14 on our cruise. DS 18 will stay at home. DD loves the clubs on Disney and we wont see much of her.

This will be our 4th cruise and 2nd with Disney. We too are DVC members and booked with our points (about 3 years worth!).

Black tie for DH and long dress for me on formal night. Maybe an eye patch for pirate night.

We have Palo booked for dinner and brunch and various excursions, I forget where to now but nothing more than 4-5 hours. Some of the tours were 7.30 starts, too early for us.
TahjmanMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:52 AM   #109
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahjmanMum View Post
Hi All, Pinkytink found me on another website. Thought I would say hello. It will be my DH, me and DD 14 on our cruise. DS 18 will stay at home. DD loves the clubs on Disney and we wont see much of her.

This will be our 4th cruise and 2nd with Disney. We too are DVC members and booked with our points (about 3 years worth!).

Black tie for DH and long dress for me on formal night. Maybe an eye patch for pirate night.

We have Palo booked for dinner and brunch and various excursions, I forget where to now but nothing more than 4-5 hours. Some of the tours were 7.30 starts, too early for us.

Welcome
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & 12
WDW- 2001.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #110
jeni37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeni37 View Post
I just finished making my daughter's autograph book and my travel journal, so now I can focus on FE gifts! Yippee!
Hello and Welcome!! If you are interested we have a small FE Exchange on this cruise, PM me if you would like to join. If you are unable to PM, just let me know on this thread and I will PM you my email.

I am traveling with my DH, DS17, DS13 and DDD9. My parents are cmoing along as well. This is our second Disney cruise.

Last edited by jeni37; 07-03-2013 at 07:37 AM.
jeni37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #111
Pinkytink
Earning My Ears

Hi Tahjmansmum, great to see you on here

Thanks guys for your input on excursions and I also read Disney Mams trip report. I think we are just going to stay local to the port in Villefranche, do Pisa alone by train, hopefully in just a morning, skip Rome as I think it will just be too much for our 2 year old and then do the half day DCL excursion to Pompeii.

We liked the look of the Pompeii and Sorrento DCL excursion but I'm wondering if 2.5 hours in Sorrento would be too long. Anyone have any experience of Sorrento?

Also, thanks for the Fish Extender ideas Did you have any luck in Hobbycraft Lisa? I went there last week but wasn't inspired . We are going to Ikea on Tuesday to get the hanging organiser, I just hope they have one in stock!

I think I'm more or less sorted on the gifts front - at least my ideas are sorted! is it just me or is anyone thinking they won't get it sorted in time?!! I've spent hours looking at forum threads and eBay for ideas! I love it! I'm hooked!!

Me DH DS (14) DS (3) DD

WDW 2002, 2008
DLP 1996, 2004, 2007 x 5, 2008, 2009 x 3, 2010 x 3, 2011, 2012, 2013 x 2
DCL 2008, 2013
Pinkytink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #112
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkytink View Post
Hi Tahjmansmum, great to see you on here

Thanks guys for your input on excursions and I also read Disney Mams trip report. I think we are just going to stay local to the port in Villefranche, do Pisa alone by train, hopefully in just a morning, skip Rome as I think it will just be too much for our 2 year old and then do the half day DCL excursion to Pompeii.

We liked the look of the Pompeii and Sorrento DCL excursion but I'm wondering if 2.5 hours in Sorrento would be too long. Anyone have any experience of Sorrento?

Also, thanks for the Fish Extender ideas Did you have any luck in Hobbycraft Lisa? I went there last week but wasn't inspired . We are going to Ikea on Tuesday to get the hanging organiser, I just hope they have one in stock!

I think I'm more or less sorted on the gifts front - at least my ideas are sorted! is it just me or is anyone thinking they won't get it sorted in time?!! I've spent hours looking at forum threads and eBay for ideas! I love it! I'm hooked!!

I picked up some felt and polka dot ribbon at Hobbycraft. I didn't get to Ikea as we ran out of time but my DH works 5 mins away so hopefully he will pop there in his lunch hour for me. I have checked on-line and they have 55 in stock so should be ok. I am artistically challenged so I will be buying all our FE gifts. We have had a ton of fun looking for stuff to get.

Could those with older boys maybe give a few suggestions of things they would like.
WDW- 2001.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:29 AM   #113
Pinkytink
Earning My Ears

Felt seems like a really popular choice. I found some Disney images on line so I'm wondering whether to get them printed onto the organiser with our names.
I read somewhere to personalise them with names to help avoid them getting pinched (sad state of affairs!!)

I've bought our gifts too and I'm going to Disneyfy them. I suppose all kids vary Lisa, but my 13 year old son likes all things bushcrafty, arty or edible! I suppose common themes would be skateboard/scooter, sport, bushcraft/camping, music, any thing techie related........ This is a tough age, he likes to have the independence of a teenager but he still enjoys playing with his toys like Lego and his techdeck style toy skateboards. he'll also wear Disney gear in Disneyland but that would sooooooo not be cool at home with his friends!

Me DH DS (14) DS (3) DD

WDW 2002, 2008
DLP 1996, 2004, 2007 x 5, 2008, 2009 x 3, 2010 x 3, 2011, 2012, 2013 x 2
DCL 2008, 2013
Pinkytink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:59 AM   #114
jeni37
Mouseketeer

My 13 year old boys enjoys computers, video games, music. My 17 year old likes the same things but now has his driver's license so anything car related would be fine. They both love sweets as well.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #115
jennorthernireland
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I posted here as it has been a really busy time for me, but it's lovely to see the excitement building for August!

As the summer sales have been on, I have found time to get our holiday clothes together - I got some great bargains for us all (maybe spent a wee bit too much on shoes...), but I still have a few things I need to get. I'm desperately trying to persuade my husband to dress up for formal night, but he's having little of it. I think I will be able to get him into a pair of dark trousers and a nice shirt and that will be as far as he goes! My daughter and I are excited to dress up and have been enjoying picking outfits, but I think my 13 year old son is veering more towards my husband's way of thinking! I'm hoping we won't look too out of place...

I had to phone Disney the other day about something else and ended up talking to the advisor about dinner rotation. I have actually made a request now - L, L, AP, PC, L, AP, PC. I liked the look of Lumiere's best - I hope I haven't made the wrong choice! If we get the request, we will be there for formal night.

Excursion wise, we are booked on Disney's 'Taste of Rome' which gives participants a couple of hours by themselves in the afternoon which I am sure we will appreciate and the half day trip to Pompeii. Hopefully, we will be fine for the rest of the port days. I think we will aim for Nice and the antiques market when we are in Villefranche and we hope to visit the Cinque Terre by boat. I'm also completely excited about having a few days in Barcelona! That city looks amazing! I've been there once, but only as a child and I don't really remember it very clearly.

I would really have liked to participate in the FE, but I really am up to my proverbial Mickey ears at the minute and it isn't something I would like to enter into in an ill-prepared or half-hearted way. Total hats off to those of you who are creative enough to do it properly!

One of my best friends is actually going on the Magic tomorrow for a four day cruise - I just cannot wait until she gets home and I can hear what her family made of it all! She has been in Spain for a week or so already - lucky for her, or I would have been round at her door trying to get her to squeeze me into her suitcase (it would need to be a large one)!

Hope everyone is feeling as excited as I am!
Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #116
Crackleandpop
Earning My Ears

Practical stuff

Well with a little over a month to go I have finally started on the practical stuff.

Applied for my E111 card (or whatever it's called now) last week and within seven days it arrived. Now need to photocopy the passports.

Started packing this weekend and quickly concluded we need a bigger case. travelling with child seems to required a case twice as big again.

A familiar question in our house now is 'Is it August yet?' IF ONLY.
Crackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #117
Crackleandpop
Earning My Ears

LisaHK - unable to pm but I am from the UK.
Crackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #118
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackleandpop View Post
LisaHK - unable to pm but I am from the UK.
Thanks
WDW- 2001.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:27 PM   #119
jeni37
Mouseketeer

We just got our cruise documents in the mail today! YIPPEE! I love seeing those luggage tags!
Old 07-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #120
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeni37 View Post
We just got our cruise documents in the mail today! YIPPEE! I love seeing those luggage tags!
Us too!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: