Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #151
jeni37
Mouseketeer

We don't have a PAT, because we are staying at one of the Disney Hotels and taking their transfers. Hopefully we can meet all of you at the port before we board. I have a 13 year old son who will be using the tween club. Maybe our boys will get along!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #152
Pinkytink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeni37 View Post
We don't have a PAT, because we are staying at one of the Disney Hotels and taking their transfers. Hopefully we can meet all of you at the port before we board. I have a 13 year old son who will be using the tween club. Maybe our boys will get along!
We could arrange another meet if you want to Jen?? anyone got any suggestions?

Our son is 13 too, seems like the boys will have a small circle of friends before they even board

Me DH DS (14) DS (3) DD

WDW 2002, 2008
DLP 1996, 2004, 2007 x 5, 2008, 2009 x 3, 2010 x 3, 2011, 2012, 2013 x 2
DCL 2008, 2013
Pinkytink is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #153
jeni37
Mouseketeer

Please don't change your plans for me. I would love to meet all of you, so I am hoping to be at the terminal early. Unfortunately, I won't know when the Disney transfer will be bringing us to the port until we arrive at the hotel the day before the cruise.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #154
jennorthernireland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Please don't change your plans for me. I would love to meet all of you, so I am hoping to be at the terminal early. Unfortunately, I won't know when the Disney transfer will be bringing us to the port until we arrive at the hotel the day before the cruise.
Hi Jeni37! I wonder if some of the Med trip reports on Disboards mention port arrival times if they used Disney transfers? Or maybe you could ask on the forum - most members seem like a friendly bunch who would help out if they could. Maybe worth a try
Old 08-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #155
jeni37
Mouseketeer

Thanks! That is a great idea. I will do that.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #156
jeni37
Mouseketeer

Thanks to the helpful suggestion from jennorthernireland, I posted and found that my likely arrival time at the port should be 11am. I should be able to meet up with all of you at the port before we sail! Yahoo!

My DD9 will be wearing a black and gray striped maxi dress with a large sequin heart on the front. My DS13 will have a gray tee shirt with a red dragon in the shape of Mickey head. My DS17 will likely be in video game themed tee shirt. I have no idea what I will be wearing, except that is will a sundress of some kind.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #157
Crackleandpop
Earning My Ears

I have a question for those travelling from the UK. I picked up a bunch of stuff from my TA on Saturday but I'm convinced I'm missing tickets. I was given a booklet telling the trips I'd booked, what I needed to do etc, luggage tags and a printed off voucher. When I asked where the tickets were she said that's all I needed. (I'm not convinced as its the first disney cruise they have booked, the booklet had been sat there for two weeks when I'd been told the tickets wouldn't arrive until this weekend ).

Basically my question is should I be expecting tickets too or is the voucher all I can expect?
Crackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #158
Crackleandpop
Earning My Ears

I love reading about the outfits everyone has planned. I must admit I hadn't even thought about what we were going to wear other than swimsuits under clothes.

Do people tend to wear something they can wear to dinner, pack cruise casual in their day bag or rely on the bags arriving before dinner?
Crackleandpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #159
Pinkytink
Earning My Ears

That's fab news Jeni I can't wait to meet everyone after all these months and it's a great chance for all our kids to meet each other. It's great to know what everyone will be wearing, we are sure to find each other. So, I have finished our t-shirts, they aren't as good as I'd hoped but they aren't too bad. They are white and have a Mickey head on with "Keep Calm and Cruise On" and under the Mickey head it says The Laba Family.

Crackleandpop - we wear casual clothes and take evening clothes for the 1st evening with us in a carry on. I Also pack swim wear in our carry on but hubby and I have never had time to swim on the first day as we like to explore and have a relaxing lunch before the life boat drill. however we have never cruised with the kids before so maybe we will hit the pools after a quick lunch this time. In all honesty we have never needed to carry on evening clothes as our cases have always got to our room on time but I'm a born worrier so I carry them on "just in case"! In fact at least half the clothes I am packing are "just in case"!

So in answer to your question - I think it is probably personal preference, what ever you feel most comfortable with, you'll see some people with just a small bag or ruck sack and others (like us) with a small case. I've also got a small box of FE gifts that I want to distribute for the kids before sail away (I'll hang them directly on the fish) so a small case is the most practical carry on bag for us this time.

Right, time for me to get back to the packing

Me DH DS (14) DS (3) DD

WDW 2002, 2008
DLP 1996, 2004, 2007 x 5, 2008, 2009 x 3, 2010 x 3, 2011, 2012, 2013 x 2
DCL 2008, 2013
Pinkytink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #160
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks to the helpful suggestion from jennorthernireland, I posted and found that my likely arrival time at the port should be 11am. I should be able to meet up with all of you at the port before we sail! Yahoo!

My DD9 will be wearing a black and gray striped maxi dress with a large sequin heart on the front. My DS13 will have a gray tee shirt with a red dragon in the shape of Mickey head. My DS17 will likely be in video game themed tee shirt. I have no idea what I will be wearing, except that is will a sundress of some kind.

Looking forward to meeting all of you!
We will look out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackleandpop View Post
I have a question for those travelling from the UK. I picked up a bunch of stuff from my TA on Saturday but I'm convinced I'm missing tickets. I was given a booklet telling the trips I'd booked, what I needed to do etc, luggage tags and a printed off voucher. When I asked where the tickets were she said that's all I needed. (I'm not convinced as its the first disney cruise they have booked, the booklet had been sat there for two weeks when I'd been told the tickets wouldn't arrive until this weekend ).

Basically my question is should I be expecting tickets too or is the voucher all I can expect?
I only have the booklet that we were sent a couple of weeks ago. No real tickets as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkytink View Post
That's fab news Jeni I can't wait to meet everyone after all these months and it's a great chance for all our kids to meet each other. It's great to know what everyone will be wearing, we are sure to find each other. So, I have finished our t-shirts, they aren't as good as I'd hoped but they aren't too bad. They are white and have a Mickey head on with "Keep Calm and Cruise On" and under the Mickey head it says The Laba Family.

Crackleandpop - we wear casual clothes and take evening clothes for the 1st evening with us in a carry on. I Also pack swim wear in our carry on but hubby and I have never had time to swim on the first day as we like to explore and have a relaxing lunch before the life boat drill. however we have never cruised with the kids before so maybe we will hit the pools after a quick lunch this time. In all honesty we have never needed to carry on evening clothes as our cases have always got to our room on time but I'm a born worrier so I carry them on "just in case"! In fact at least half the clothes I am packing are "just in case"!

So in answer to your question - I think it is probably personal preference, what ever you feel most comfortable with, you'll see some people with just a small bag or ruck sack and others (like us) with a small case. I've also got a small box of FE gifts that I want to distribute for the kids before sail away (I'll hang them directly on the fish) so a small case is the most practical carry on bag for us this time.

Right, time for me to get back to the packing
I am struggling with our packing as I am trying to jam everything into four suitcases.

I am hoping that our cases will be delivered before dinner as I cannot envisage carrying on clothes and shoes for the six of us. Looking at the piles of clothes here I have got a good couple of days ironing ahead of me.
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & 12
WDW- 2001.
DCL (Magic) - August 2013, Dover to Barcelona August 2015
LisaHK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #161
jennorthernireland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crackleandpop View Post

Hi Crackleandpop

I didn't use a travel agent and I think I just have the same booklet and luggage tags as you have. In the Vacation Checklist section it refers to the cruise documents that we have completed online and has a reminder about printing off the final form in the online check in section and bringing that to the port. On page 3 of this section it seems to indicate that this booklet acts as the ticket in the part where it says to keep the booklet together with the signed form and id and be ready to show them a few times. If the booklet you have is the same as this, then I think you probably have everything, as long as you have done the online check in and printed off the signature form. I don't have the voucher you have, but I do have email confirmation from Disney for the booking I made directly with them. If you have any doubts, you could ring Disney - there is a UK number on the DCL website. It goes through to the US call centre, but is charged at UK rates.

I have just read this back and I probably have made this as clear as mud, but I hope it helps a little!
Old 08-05-2013, 05:23 PM   #162
jennorthernireland
Mouseketeer

Meet

I was just thinking there (it doesn't happen too often!) and it occured to me that I may have been out of line inviting myself along on the meet when I am not part of your FE exchange. Is the meet just for those who are taking part? If that's the case I won't be offended, just let me know!
Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #163
jeni37
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennorthernireland View Post
I was just thinking there (it doesn't happen too often!) and it occured to me that I may have been out of line inviting myself along on the meet when I am not part of your FE exchange. Is the meet just for those who are taking part? If that's the case I won't be offended, just let me know!
I can only speak for myself, but I would love to meet you! It is great to meet new friends, so it doesn't matter to me if you are not participating in the exchange. Why make it exclusive?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:34 PM   #164
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

This is neat! I though you might like this. Maybe I'll post it on the Med planning thread too.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx
If you create a log in and name the Disney ships under My Fleet, anytime you return & click on my fleet it will show you all 4 ships all over the world.
I was watching the Magic dock in Barcelona (not live video but the tracking is) and noticed a strange time zone they use. (UCT?) It's not local Barcelona time either. So I dug deeper and found this, also helpful too.

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/
Old 08-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #165
LisaHK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennorthernireland View Post
The more the merrier.
Disneyland Paris - 1992 (opening week), 93,94,97,98,01,02,05,06,07,08,10,11 & 12
WDW- 2001.
DCL (Magic) - August 2013, Dover to Barcelona August 2015
LisaHK is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: