Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #676
shoes99
DIS Veteran
 
shoes99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 6,941

I booked a 10A SPH cabin the day this cruise went on sale. Today the same cat 10A is $2700 more than what we booked. I'm working on my finances right now and I just increased my credit limit on the Disney Visa so that when I have to PIF in February, 2013 I have the correct credit limit. They were shrewd, since I have two cards and two accounts, they upped one card and lowered the other. Its OK we us. We use one card for DCL and the other card for all other purchases so we still have choices as to what card to use for general purchases.
This will be DCL #11 for me and DCL #10 for DH, so I get the platinum lanyard and he still gets the gold. Since I am the lead name, as long as we are paid in full, we can book our tours and Palo a bit earlier. Can't wait.
__________________

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:41 AM   #677
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,791

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
I booked a 10A SPH cabin the day this cruise went on sale. Today the same cat 10A is $2700 more than what we booked. I'm working on my finances right now and I just increased my credit limit on the Disney Visa so that when I have to PIF in February, 2013 I have the correct credit limit. They were shrewd, since I have two cards and two accounts, they upped one card and lowered the other. Its OK we us. We use one card for DCL and the other card for all other purchases so we still have choices as to what card to use for general purchases.
This will be DCL #11 for me and DCL #10 for DH, so I get the platinum lanyard and he still gets the gold. Since I am the lead name, as long as we are paid in full, we can book our tours and Palo a bit earlier. Can't wait.
I'm planning to do our PIF with our Disney Visa and max out the advantages for those Disney Rewards points - I absolutely plan to apply those onboard We're piling up cash now so we can immediately send that in after the payment is applied to our cruise. What's funny is that we are living like we're poor so we can do this trip - and just because we pay in February doesn't mean we can stop living like we're poor - because we will use Feb through Jun to save up for excursions.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-28-2012, 08:56 PM   #678
DenverVal
DIS Veteran
 
DenverVal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Landlocked and Mouse-less Colorado
Posts: 1,461

I've never taken advantage of the six months no interest, but will probably have to make an exception this time, making sure the card is paid off before I PIF, and then using a different card for other purchases so I make it really easy on them and me.

On a different subject, I was looking into Iceland Air for flights - there are four flights a week from Denver to Reykjavic and then a connection to Barcelona two days a week that work. Unfortunately, the Iceland to Denver return flight leaves before the Barcelona to Iceland flight takes off, and there's not another one until Thursday. I heard on the news that they were increasing the number of flights from 4 to 6 flights per week. What are the odds of no flight on that Wednesday? 100%
__________________

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08


DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #679
pacurn
Mouseketeer
 
pacurn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 78

We also have a SPH booked on day one so hi neighbor. As for acting like we are poor, yep. The Disney card is getting paid down as fast as I can in order to put the PIF amount on in Feb. No easy feat as the airfare went on this month.

We are planning one "splurge" excursion with Romeinlimo at the Naples port. Last trip our driver said "next time we skip Pompei and I take you further down the coast." But even with DIY for most ports, and a cheap apartment pre-cruise, I know we will need lots of cash.
pacurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #680
shoes99
DIS Veteran
 
shoes99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 6,941

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacurn View Post
We also have a SPH booked on day one so hi neighbor. As for acting like we are poor, yep. The Disney card is getting paid down as fast as I can in order to put the PIF amount on in Feb. No easy feat as the airfare went on this month.

We are planning one "splurge" excursion with Romeinlimo at the Naples port. Last trip our driver said "next time we skip Pompei and I take you further down the coast." But even with DIY for most ports, and a cheap apartment pre-cruise, I know we will need lots of cash.
We were in a SPH cabin on the Magic in early Sept going to Canada. We had the one that was the least obstructed with no connecting door. It worked out well, those cabins are 5020 and 5520. On the Med we also have the least obstructed cabin with no connecting door. We loved that cabin and are looking forward to June 2013. We have not thought about any land tours except Rome. I want to do The Classical Rome excursion with DCL which is $250+ per person. The other ports we are open to hooking up with other travelers. We seniors age 67 an 68 with no kids .
We are retired, on a fixed income, and by golly I want to get to Rome before I am too old to travel, so yes we are also doing the save everything we can to pay for this cruise route, but we are OK except for the expensive land excursions. We are doing a pre and post hotel also with DCL, have DCL air and hope they put us on a non stop from EWR to BCN.
Michele
__________________

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #681
jel0511
DIS Veteran
 
jel0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoes99 View Post
We were in a SPH cabin on the Magic in early Sept going to Canada. We had the one that was the least obstructed with no connecting door. It worked out well, those cabins are 5020 and 5520. On the Med we also have the least obstructed cabin with no connecting door. We loved that cabin and are looking forward to June 2013. We have not thought about any land tours except Rome. I want to do The Classical Rome excursion with DCL which is $250+ per person. The other ports we are open to hooking up with other travelers. We seniors age 67 an 68 with no kids .
We are retired, on a fixed income, and by golly I want to get to Rome before I am too old to travel, so yes we are also doing the save everything we can to pay for this cruise route, but we are OK except for the expensive land excursions. We are doing a pre and post hotel also with DCL, have DCL air and hope they put us on a non stop from EWR to BCN.
Michele
I think that non stop is wishful thinking at this point. I daily check air prices to/from PHL, EWR and JFK to see if I did in fact get the best price. Air is currently still higher than I paid, and currently the non stop out of EWR is at 1678 pp, a little less than I believe DCL is charging, but Lufstansa is 1200 for a one stop. DCL will for sure put you on that one, to make more money on your fare, especially if you didn't pay the air deviation fee to pick your flights. Now this is pricing 8 1/2 months out. DCL won't lock in your air until about 45-60 days prior to sailing, when pricing is bound to be more than this...........
__________________
DVC Owner VWL BWV SSR
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #682
carpenta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: grand isle, Vermont USA
Posts: 1,169

Lufstansa is a far superior airline than Delta or Continental IF it is Lufstansa fight per se. Love flying Lufstansa!
carpenta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #683
DenverVal
DIS Veteran
 
DenverVal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Landlocked and Mouse-less Colorado
Posts: 1,461

What I've seen is "Lufthansa operated by Air Canada".
__________________

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08


DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:21 AM   #684
carpenta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: grand isle, Vermont USA
Posts: 1,169

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
What I've seen is "Lufthansa operated by Air Canada".
I would prefer that over anything that states "Delta, United, or Continental" Three of THE WORSE IMHO. So long as there are Lufstansa crew you are golden.
carpenta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #685
shoes99
DIS Veteran
 
shoes99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 6,941

When we did the Baltics on Princess we flew SAS out of Newark to Copenhagen , nonstop, with an upgrade to Economy Plus (using Optiontown). I liked Sas.

I'm still shopping for air, but cannot really pay for any flights until January, that is why I have added DCL air to our current reservation just in case.
__________________

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #686
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran
 
MrsScooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,402

So...I pretty much have Rome, Florence/Pisa and Naples planned with Rome in Limo.
Now for the rest of the ports...

My family is no help

Villefranche --I am thinking of Nice or Eze

Dubrovnik will be walking the wall, and probably shopping

Malta, will be Mdina and Valletta

Venice, will be as much as I can squeeze in, (definitely mask shopping) and a gondola ride

Anyone else making DIY plans???
__________________
Laurie (Wonder July 2002, Wonder August 2006, Magic PC Repo August 2008, Wonder July 2009, Magic Baltic July 2010, Dream June 2011, Fantasy June 2012, Magic Med June 2013, Wonder Alaska 2014)
MrsScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #687
jel0511
DIS Veteran
 
jel0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
So...I pretty much have Rome, Florence/Pisa and Naples planned with Rome in Limo. same thing here, but going to Portifino while in La Spezia.
Now for the rest of the ports...

My family is no help

Villefranche --I am thinking of Nice or Ezedid both last time on a DCL excursion. Spent the morning in Monaco. An option if you are interested.

Dubrovnik will be walking the wall, and probably shoppingsane thing prob.....

Malta, will be Mdina and Vallettahopefully Blue Grotto in the am and Valletta in the pm.

Venice, will be as much as I can squeeze in, (definitely mask shopping) and a gondola rideprob going to do the palace party at night the bog mentioned. Wander around a bit, and a gondola ride is a MUST!!!!

Anyone else making DIY plans???
Posted our plans above.
__________________
DVC Owner VWL BWV SSR
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #688
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,791

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
Villefranche --I am thinking of Nice or Eze

Dubrovnik will be walking the wall, and probably shopping

Malta, will be Mdina and Valletta

Venice, will be as much as I can squeeze in, (definitely mask shopping) and a gondola ride

Anyone else making DIY plans???
We went to Nice in 2007 and enjoyed the morning there, and then DH and I dropped the boys back onto the ship and explored Villefranche itself. It's a beautiful little place.

This time I want to go to both Monaco and Eze - so we will decide which we'll do on the Greece cruise and which we'll do on this one... it will likely be a matter of which one costs more if we do it through DCL and which one we feel more comfortable doing on our own. On this one, we'll be doing a full-day in Florence the following day, so we will want an easier day in Villefranche - so I'm thinking Eze on our own - it looks pretty easy to do - and when we go through the first time around, we'll check out what we think we're going to do to make sure we can do it in our allotted time.

For Venice, definitely a gondola ride, some shopping, and what else? I don't know yet - but I'm pretty sure we'll just do it all through DCL. Venice is an important stop to Nathan and he feels much more comfortable when we do ship-sponsored tours.

For Dubrovnik, we'll do that on our own - haven't gotten the plans made yet, but it looks like a great port to do on our own - unless DCL has a pretty inexpensive guided tour - we do like to do a short guided tour and then explore the area on our own afterwards if there is time and the port is situated so that we can easily get back to the ship.

We haven't thought about Malta yet, but as with Villefranche, we'll have a second go at it by the time we get there on this voyage, so it might be a hang out on the ship and do laundry day!
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:00 AM   #689
emmah16
Mouseketeer
 
emmah16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lancashire,UK
Posts: 112

Hi Everyone

Does anyone have an idea on how many formal nights there will be?
On our 10 night Med cruise back in 2010 there was just 1 but on our 14 night WBTA last year we had 2 and this cruise is in between with 12 nights.

Any guess's?
__________________
Emma


emmah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #690
jel0511
DIS Veteran
 
jel0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,259

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmah16 View Post
Hi Everyone

Does anyone have an idea on how many formal nights there will be?
On our 10 night Med cruise back in 2010 there was just 1 but on our 14 night WBTA last year we had 2 and this cruise is in between with 12 nights.

Any guess's?
I'm hoping for only 1 actually. We won't dress formally, as I don't want to have to drag the clothes all the way from the states.
__________________
DVC Owner VWL BWV SSR
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: