Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #286
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran
 
MrsScooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb T. View Post
Just to clarify... you can transfer your deposit if it is a reservation that you booked on your own and retain control of. If you have turned your reservation over to a travel agent, then only they have the authority to make any changes (per your requests).

Good luck to everyone who is re-shopping this cruise!
We booked with Dreams Unlimited on opening day.
Does that mean we can't cancel our old reservation and rebook the same cabin while onboard?

I guess we can book at new cabin, same cat while onboard (listing our DU TA) and then straignten it out when we get home???

I really should contact our TA to let her know what we are planning on doing
__________________
Laurie (Wonder July 2002, Wonder August 2006, Magic PC Repo August 2008, Wonder July 2009, Magic Baltic July 2010, Dream June 2011, Fantasy June 2012, Magic Med June 2013, Wonder Alaska 2014)
MrsScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #287
Deb T.
It's so nice to read for fun again
I love my iPod!
I'm Crazy DIS Tag Lover...now gimme some S'Mores!
 
Deb T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Beach Club Villas as often as possible!
Posts: 2,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
We booked with Dreams Unlimited on opening day.
Does that mean we can't cancel our old reservation and rebook the same cabin while onboard?

I guess we can book at new cabin, same cat while onboard (listing our DU TA) and then straignten it out when we get home???

I really should contact our TA to let her know what we are planning on doing
You are correct... you cannot cancel your existing reservation on your own. You can only do that through DU. So, if the new cruise fare works out to be cheaper, then you will need to book a new reservation in a new cabin, name DU as your Travel Agent, and pay the new deposit - all while still onboard. Then after you get home, just contact your TA at DU and tell him/her that you'd like to cancel the old reservation, switch the new reservation to the old cabin number, and what to do with your original deposit (move it to the new reservation or refund it). Hope this helps!
__________________
DVC Members since 1995! OKW, SSR, BLT

62 Disney World Trips so far... next one this winter!
21 Disneyland Trips so far... next one this fall!
1 Disneyland Paris Trip!

DCL PLATINUM!: Magic 1998; Wonder 1999; Wonder 2006; Wonder 2007; Mediterranean Magic 2007; Wonder 2008; Mexican Riviera Magic 2008; Wonder 2009; Wonder 2010; Baltic Sea Magic 2010; B2B Dream 2011/Dream 2011; Dream 2012; Fantasy EC 2013; looking forward to Baltic Magic again in 2015!
Deb T. is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-02-2012, 02:04 PM   #288
jel0511
DIS Veteran
 
jel0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
We booked with Dreams Unlimited on opening day.
Does that mean we can't cancel our old reservation and rebook the same cabin while onboard?

I guess we can book at new cabin, same cat while onboard (listing our DU TA) and then straignten it out when we get home???

I really should contact our TA to let her know what we are planning on doing
I think I'll be the first of us trying this re-shop. I'll post what I did, when I get back from the Maiden!!!!
__________________
DVC Owner VWL BWV SSR
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:46 AM   #289
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran
 
MrsScooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb T. View Post
You are correct... you cannot cancel your existing reservation on your own. You can only do that through DU. So, if the new cruise fare works out to be cheaper, then you will need to book a new reservation in a new cabin, name DU as your Travel Agent, and pay the new deposit - all while still onboard. Then after you get home, just contact your TA at DU and tell him/her that you'd like to cancel the old reservation, switch the new reservation to the old cabin number, and what to do with your original deposit (move it to the new reservation or refund it). Hope this helps!
Thanks Deb
Yes, it helps alot.
Makes sense once I think about it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jel0511 View Post
I think I'll be the first of us trying this re-shop. I'll post what I did, when I get back from the Maiden!!!!
Cool
__________________
Laurie (Wonder July 2002, Wonder August 2006, Magic PC Repo August 2008, Wonder July 2009, Magic Baltic July 2010, Dream June 2011, Fantasy June 2012, Magic Med June 2013, Wonder Alaska 2014)
MrsScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #290
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,795

We were at AAA last week buying our Disney World tickets and saw that Rick Steves is coming to our city. Unfortunately we won't be able to make it, but I thought if he was in some of your cities, someone might be interested in going. Here's the schedule from http://www.ricksteves.com/news/road-...dtrip_menu.htm

Grand Junction 3/6/2012 Avalon Theatre with Rocky Mountain PBS
7:30-9:30pm

Colorado Springs 3/7/2012 Colorado College's Shove Chapel with Rocky Mountain PBS
7:00-9:00pm

Houston 3/9/2012 The Houstonian Hotel with HoustonPBS 11:00-1:00pm

Omaha 3/12/2012 Joslyn Art Museum with Nebraska Educational Television
7:00-9:00pm

Des Moines 3/13/2012 Hoyt Sherman Auditorium with Iowa Public Television 6:00-8:00pm

Conway 3/16/2012 Reynolds Performance Hall with University of Central Arkansas 5:30-9:00pm

Memphis 3/17/2012 Buckman Performing & Fine Arts Center with WKNO
7:00-9:00pm

Atlanta 3/20/2012 Georgia Public Broadcasting Studios
7:30-9:30pm

Atlanta 3/21/2012 Georgia Public Broadcasting Studios
7:30-9:30pm

Tallahassee 3/22/2012 Florida State University's Ruby Diamond Concert Hall with WFSU
7:00-9:00pm
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #291
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran
 
MrsScooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We were at AAA last week buying our Disney World tickets and saw that Rick Steves is coming to our city. Unfortunately we won't be able to make it, but I thought if he was in some of your cities, someone might be interested in going. Here's the schedule from http://www.ricksteves.com/news/road-...dtrip_menu.htm

Grand Junction 3/6/2012 Avalon Theatre with Rocky Mountain PBS
7:30-9:30pm

Colorado Springs 3/7/2012 Colorado College's Shove Chapel with Rocky Mountain PBS
7:00-9:00pm

Houston 3/9/2012 The Houstonian Hotel with HoustonPBS 11:00-1:00pm

Omaha 3/12/2012 Joslyn Art Museum with Nebraska Educational Television
7:00-9:00pm

Des Moines 3/13/2012 Hoyt Sherman Auditorium with Iowa Public Television 6:00-8:00pm

Conway 3/16/2012 Reynolds Performance Hall with University of Central Arkansas 5:30-9:00pm

Memphis 3/17/2012 Buckman Performing & Fine Arts Center with WKNO
7:00-9:00pm

Atlanta 3/20/2012 Georgia Public Broadcasting Studios
7:30-9:30pm

Atlanta 3/21/2012 Georgia Public Broadcasting Studios
7:30-9:30pm

Tallahassee 3/22/2012 Florida State University's Ruby Diamond Concert Hall with WFSU
7:00-9:00pm
No Virginia though

Thanks for posting

I bring RS's book with me whenever I know I will have time to kill.
I think I have my DD14, Kelly, interested in going now
My DS18 has agreed to think about it
__________________
Laurie (Wonder July 2002, Wonder August 2006, Magic PC Repo August 2008, Wonder July 2009, Magic Baltic July 2010, Dream June 2011, Fantasy June 2012, Magic Med June 2013, Wonder Alaska 2014)
MrsScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:12 PM   #292
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran
 
MrsScooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,402

Hey a question for those of you that have cruised the Med before...
Do you remember if there was a DCL excursion that included transport only to see Florence and Pisa? Do you remember how much it cost?

Reading my Rick Steve's Med cruise book in the doctor's waiting room today and the doctor asked me if the RS book was really better than the other travel books (like Frommers, etc). I find the other books have some great info too, but that the RS books just seem to be more fun to read
__________________
Laurie (Wonder July 2002, Wonder August 2006, Magic PC Repo August 2008, Wonder July 2009, Magic Baltic July 2010, Dream June 2011, Fantasy June 2012, Magic Med June 2013, Wonder Alaska 2014)
MrsScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:54 AM   #293
jel0511
DIS Veteran
 
jel0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,262

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
Hey a question for those of you that have cruised the Med before...
Do you remember if there was a DCL excursion that included transport only to see Florence and Pisa? Do you remember how much it cost?

Reading my Rick Steve's Med cruise book in the doctor's waiting room today and the doctor asked me if the RS book was really better than the other travel books (like Frommers, etc). I find the other books have some great info too, but that the RS books just seem to be more fun to read
Yes there is a DCL excursion that went to both Florence and Pisa. I do not remember how much it cost, but prob was $150 per adult...... I did a private tour to both Florence and Pisa, we climbed the tower, which you do not do on the DCL excursion. In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have done both in one day, we barely had anytime in Florence. Friends we had on the DCL excursion, also complained about the lack of time in Florence.......
__________________
DVC Owner VWL BWV SSR
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #294
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,795

Quote:
Originally Posted by jel0511 View Post
Yes there is a DCL excursion that went to both Florence and Pisa. I do not remember how much it cost, but prob was $150 per adult...... I did a private tour to both Florence and Pisa, we climbed the tower, which you do not do on the DCL excursion. In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have done both in one day, we barely had anytime in Florence. Friends we had on the DCL excursion, also complained about the lack of time in Florence.......
That's exactly why in 2007 we picked to go to just Pisa - the boys really wanted to climb the tower and they had an excursion that would do that - but not if you combined it with Florence. We were disappointed when we first tried to book the excursion because it was only offered in the morning and it was full - but we kept checking and they added an afternoon one, so we were able to do that. This time we'll go into Florence.

I was just looking on iTunes and see that Rick Steves offers some of his audio tours free - just search for Rick Steves and you'll find the selections. I've downloaded some of the Italy ones, particularly in Venice and Florence.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #295
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran
 
MrsScooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 4,402

Quote:
Originally Posted by jel0511 View Post
Yes there is a DCL excursion that went to both Florence and Pisa. I do not remember how much it cost, but prob was $150 per adult...... I did a private tour to both Florence and Pisa, we climbed the tower, which you do not do on the DCL excursion. In retrospect, we probably shouldn't have done both in one day, we barely had anytime in Florence. Friends we had on the DCL excursion, also complained about the lack of time in Florence.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
That's exactly why in 2007 we picked to go to just Pisa - the boys really wanted to climb the tower and they had an excursion that would do that - but not if you combined it with Florence. We were disappointed when we first tried to book the excursion because it was only offered in the morning and it was full - but we kept checking and they added an afternoon one, so we were able to do that. This time we'll go into Florence.

I was just looking on iTunes and see that Rick Steves offers some of his audio tours free - just search for Rick Steves and you'll find the selections. I've downloaded some of the Italy ones, particularly in Venice and Florence.
Thanks Gotta check out those Rick Steve's audio tours.

I just booked excursions and Palo for our June 2012 Fantasy cruise and was thinking that approx. this time next year I will be booking for this cruise
__________________
Laurie (Wonder July 2002, Wonder August 2006, Magic PC Repo August 2008, Wonder July 2009, Magic Baltic July 2010, Dream June 2011, Fantasy June 2012, Magic Med June 2013, Wonder Alaska 2014)
MrsScooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #296
kventventx
Mouseketeer
 
kventventx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 114

We will be booking next month

We are sailing on the Wonder in April and plan to book this cruise on board. Sailing will be my husband and me. This will be our third Disney cruise. Question: What does ABD mean?
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/qcloex17fun07xbe.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
kventventx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #297
Deb T.
It's so nice to read for fun again
I love my iPod!
I'm Crazy DIS Tag Lover...now gimme some S'Mores!
 
Deb T.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Beach Club Villas as often as possible!
Posts: 2,983

Quote:
Originally Posted by kventventx View Post
We are sailing on the Wonder in April and plan to book this cruise on board. Sailing will be my husband and me. This will be our third Disney cruise. Question: What does ABD mean?
Adventures By Disney
__________________
DVC Members since 1995! OKW, SSR, BLT

62 Disney World Trips so far... next one this winter!
21 Disneyland Trips so far... next one this fall!
1 Disneyland Paris Trip!

DCL PLATINUM!: Magic 1998; Wonder 1999; Wonder 2006; Wonder 2007; Mediterranean Magic 2007; Wonder 2008; Mexican Riviera Magic 2008; Wonder 2009; Wonder 2010; Baltic Sea Magic 2010; B2B Dream 2011/Dream 2011; Dream 2012; Fantasy EC 2013; looking forward to Baltic Magic again in 2015!
Deb T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #298
kventventx
Mouseketeer
 
kventventx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 114

Thanks so much for the clarification.
__________________
<a href="http://distickers.com/ticker/"><img src="http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/qcloex17fun07xbe.png" alt="DIStickers.com Ticker" border="0"/></a>
kventventx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:58 AM   #299
jel0511
DIS Veteran
 
jel0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 9,262

I'm SO MAD!!!! I was planning on reshopping this cruise while onboard the Fantasy maiden, but cat 11B is now in GTY. According to my TA, it still MIGHT work, but it's not guaranteed (no pun intended). Since the OBB will be a GTY, she can't ensure she'll be able to move the cabin number to the new ressie. Luckily I had one OBB and used it for the balcony. I'll keep you posted on to what happens......
__________________
DVC Owner VWL BWV SSR
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 AM   #300
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,795

Our Category 5C still has some availability, but on the Greece one, they are sold out.

I suspect more and more categories will sell out / become GTYs as people sail on the Fantasy this summer and book. I'm envious of those of you sailing on the Fantasy - I've watched her on the port canaveral webcam and she's beautiful. In fact, she's sitting there right now: LINKIE LINKIE
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: