Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2013, 08:55 PM   #2101
krennhack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Like you, we had good laundry luck. We never did it on a first sea day, though, because then it was jammed up. We typically did ours after we got back on a port day, especially if we were a little early back.
All 6 functional washers and dryers were going every morning when I walked by at 4:45 on 7th floor. It was the most insane place I've ever seen! I waited in line for 90 minutes on the night we left Civitavecchia and decided that I might have better luck early in the morning. It's a good thing I am a happy morning person.
krennhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #2102
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I hung my shadowbox in my office today

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #2103
thumpery
Mouseketeer

Murano Glass

Did anyone else purchase a piece of Murano glass in Venice and have it shipped home? Just wondering if anyone has received theirs yet. It seems to be taking a long time to receive it, but maybe that is because I'm so excited to get it.

I hung my shadowbox at our lake cottage last weekend. The blue dish is sitting on my counter with tomatoes from the garden on it.

I believe the ship leaves this Thursday for our itinerary. Wish I was back on it! Wonder if they will get goodies like we did.
thumpery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #2104
BellesMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpery View Post
Did anyone else purchase a piece of Murano glass in Venice and have it shipped home? Just wondering if anyone has received theirs yet. It seems to be taking a long time to receive it, but maybe that is because I'm so excited to get it.
My mother and I both got our Murano glass shipped home, and both of us received our shipments on Monday! Yours should be coming any day now!
BellesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:15 AM   #2105
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I hung my shadowbox at our lake cottage last weekend. The blue dish is sitting on my counter with tomatoes from the garden on it.

I believe the ship leaves this Thursday for our itinerary. Wish I was back on it! Wonder if they will get goodies like we did.
They won't get the cool stuff since they were inaugural sailing gifts. This was our first inaugural sailing (well, the Greece itinerary was but they blend in my mind). I'm excited to read their trip reports when they get back... We were the trailblazers for them, particularly with Venice.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #2106
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I hung my shadowbox in my office today
That was such a nice gift! I loved all the gifts Disney gave us, their so special! Perks of an inaugural cruise

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #2107
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Did anyone order a photo cd from shutters? They told us on the morning of debarkation that the cd would be mailed to us in 2 weeks. Hoping we get it soon...and that It has the right photos on it.

Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
Old 07-23-2013, 11:29 AM   #2108
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Did anyone order a photo cd from shutters? They told us on the morning of debarkation that the cd would be mailed to us in 2 weeks. Hoping we get it soon...and that It has the right photos on it.
We didn't order one, but several people on the Greece cruise before this one had their CDs to take with them and they were a mess, so they're being reshipped - they are just beginning to receive theirs that were coming in the mail. By a mess I mean things like heads cut off, wrong frames / ports / info on the borders, etc.

Did anyone else notice that the borders said Pompei ? I always thought it was Pompeii so it looked strange to me, but then I've seen it both ways.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #2109
thumpery
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellesMommy View Post
My mother and I both got our Murano glass shipped home, and both of us received our shipments on Monday! Yours should be coming any day now!
Oh, I hope so!! I keep checking my front door. I hope you don't mind a few more questions. How was it delivered - UPS? Also, did you have to sign for it?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #2110
LyndaC
Mouseketeer

this blog has some great pictures of us sailing into Venice

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2013...-venice-italy/
Old 07-23-2013, 11:26 PM   #2111
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Did anyone else notice that the borders said Pompei?
I noticed that the magnets I bought all said Pompei with just one "i"

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #2112
krennhack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
We received our Shutters CD yesterday and everything matched up with the pictures we carried off the ship. Hopefully yours will get there soon!
krennhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #2113
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krennhack View Post

We received our Shutters CD yesterday and everything matched up with the pictures we carried off the ship. Hopefully yours will get there soon!
Thanks! We got ours yesterday too! It took forever; I mean forever to download, but it had the right photos on it so all is well

Old 07-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #2114
jkind
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We are still waiting for our Murano glass from the Linea factory. Have you received yours yet. Our shipments from Venice (masks) and Malta (glass) have both show up, but no glass yet. I can't wait to get it!
jkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #2115
thumpery
Mouseketeer

Murano Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkind View Post
We are still waiting for our Murano glass from the Linea factory. Have you received yours yet. Our shipments from Venice (masks) and Malta (glass) have both show up, but no glass yet. I can't wait to get it!

I still haven't received my Murano glass! It also was purchased from the Linea factory. You actually just made me feel better that someone else hasn't received theirs. As the saying goes, misery loves company. I was going to let a few more days go by and send an e-mail inquiring about the shipment. It will be a month since ordering it on August 3rd. Seems like forever - I've been really anxious to receive it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: