Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #2071
Cptjackandcrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Thanks to all who participated in the Fish Extender exchange - what fun to find such sweet and thoughtful and fun trinkets and gifts in our fish extender!

There were two that were particularly useful for us and I don't know who they were from but wanted to say a special thanks. The first one is the one that had the coin purse with the dollar / penny - I know there must be some significant meaning to it but don't know what it was and wondered if someone could explain - and we used the coin purse for our Euro coins (but kept the dollar / penny in, too). It made it easier for me to keep up with all those coins!

The other was the hand soap that was in the travel kit - I had never seen that before - it's little sheets of soap that when you add water, you can wash with it. I put it right into my daybag and the next day needed it! I went to Bracciano and Wine Tasting tour, and the public WC in Bracciano, while it had plenty of tp, there was no soap. So I was able to use it then - and the other ladies on our tour were glad I had it because I shared it with them!

And how fun to come home and have so many things I can use at the office - notepads, pens and pencils, and magnets for my filing cabinet to remind me of the fun we had meeting each of you.
The soap was from us, I'm so happy you found it to be useful. Thank you for the handmade bag. I put the camcorder in it.

Cynthia, please thank your DD for the origami and the coin purse. We also used ours for our Euros.

Laurie-Loved your gift. I used to collect stamps, so your map was greatly appreciated.

Tasha-Grape Soda Pin. Awesome! I wore it on my camera bag for every adventure.

Thanks to everyone else who participated. Sadly we only received 10 FE gifts. I'm not sure what happened, but I made up for the shortage by purchasing myself plenty of other gifts. Thanks again everyone.
Cptjackandcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #2072
ccander2011
Earning My Ears

Love reading all these..1st time cruiser(magic-10/11/14)...can't wait
ccander2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #2073
lmcarr
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjackandcrew View Post
The soap was from us, I'm so happy you found it to be useful. Thank you for the handmade bag. I put the camcorder in it.

Cynthia, please thank your DD for the origami and the coin purse. We also used ours for our Euros.

Laurie-Loved your gift. I used to collect stamps, so your map was greatly appreciated.

Tasha-Grape Soda Pin. Awesome! I wore it on my camera bag for every adventure.

Thanks to everyone else who participated. Sadly we only received 10 FE gifts. I'm not sure what happened, but I made up for the shortage by purchasing myself plenty of other gifts. Thanks again everyone.
what was your cabin number? I gave 3 different times to all on the list.
lmcarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:27 AM   #2074
Cptjackandcrew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmcarr View Post
what was your cabin number? I gave 3 different times to all on the list.
I apologize for even posting this. No harm meant. It should've read from 10 rooms vs 10 gifts as I did receive 3 from you (magnet, pixie dust, pooh box, etc...) and 2 from Red Coral. Again, thank you so much to those who participated. I realize it's just meant to be fun.
Cptjackandcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #2075
cdnxpat
Earning My Ears

Oh wise ones....

Hello everyone,
I'm madly packing for the July 25th sailing of "your cruise" and I wondered if you had any tips for those of us set to depart. Cptjackandcrew gave a great tidbit about Malta and that got me wondering if anyone else has any suggestions. It would help those of us preparing and would also give you a chance to re-live your amazing experiences. Win-win!
I would also like to say that I may consider naming my next born after the first person who was to post some navigators from this sailing.....
TIA
cdnxpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #2076
disprincess4ever
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnxpat View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm madly packing for the July 25th sailing of "your cruise" and I wondered if you had any tips for those of us set to depart. Cptjackandcrew gave a great tidbit about Malta and that got me wondering if anyone else has any suggestions. It would help those of us preparing and would also give you a chance to re-live your amazing experiences. Win-win!
I would also like to say that I may consider naming my next born after the first person who was to post some navigators from this sailing.....
TIA
There is a link to my trip report from this cruise in my signatures I've just started it but there are some tips. If you have any questions in particular feel free to ask!

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 nightMediterranean w/ Venice June 2013
4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #2077
Kouris_Family
Lovin the Magic

Malta

My take on Malta is get a good excursion going or stay onboard and enjoy a quiet ship. We very much disliked Malta. Hot, deserted and boring.
Kay

Quote:
Hello everyone,
TIA

7/7/07 11 Night Mediterranean MAGIC
6/29/08 Mexican Riviera WONDER
7/18/2010 Baltic Cruise MAGIC
1/21/2011 Cruise to Nowhere WONDER

4/10/2012 Double Dip, Bahamas DREAM

12/23/12 Club 33, Oh Yeah
6/27/2013 Back to the Mediterranean with a new flair MAGIC

5/17/14 Cruise to Nowhere Wonder
Kouris_Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #2078
disprincess4ever
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouris_Family View Post
My take on Malta is get a good excursion going or stay onboard and enjoy a quiet ship. We very much disliked Malta. Hot, deserted and boring.
Kay
Same opinion about Malta. Very hot and dry, not very pretty. It's a good cultural experience but I almost wish we would have chosen to stay on the ship.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 nightMediterranean w/ Venice June 2013
4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #2079
Love2Cruise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Kay
Wow. We loved Malta! I liked that it was quiet that day. We went to Mass in St. John's Co-Cathedral. One of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen. We had delicious lunch and cappuccino at a cafe, visited The shipwreck of St. Paul Church( very interesting and free) and then we had a private tour(set up by a fellow Dis member) of Casa Rocca Piccola. Best tour of the whole trip. There is a lot of interesting history to be discovered on this island. I hope to go back one day.
Love2Cruise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #2080
thumpery
Mouseketeer

Malta

I agree Malta was like a desert. However, the water is beautiful and there is a shopping area including a Hard Rock right on the pier. We did the Blue Grotto and fish market tour through Disney. It was not our favorite tour of our trip, but it did let us see Malta, shop for some lace items in the market and take a small boat into the caves of the Blue Grotto, which is gorgeous. Since it was a short excursion, we had plenty of time to wander around the shops and relax on the ship before everyone returned. Ended up being a relaxing day.
thumpery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #2081
BellesMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Hello everyone,
TIA

I have every navigator from this trip. Are you looking for anything specific?

Last edited by BellesMommy; 07-15-2013 at 08:49 PM. Reason: forgot quoted message
BellesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 PM   #2082
BellesMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Same opinion about Malta. Very hot and dry, not very pretty. It's a good cultural experience but I almost wish we would have chosen to stay on the ship.
Quote:
Kay
I agree. We went to the Old Town area, and it was basically deserted. Really smelly too. Beautiful from afar, but not so much up close. I wish I had done the excursion to Casa Rocca Piccola. It seems the best places were OUT of the old town area.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #2083
Kouris_Family
Lovin the Magic

I'm so glad you had a great day, just didn't do it for me. Like I said, I wish I had a tour, I think my opinion would be different. We were just bored and very very hot. Wanted to do a wine tour at the local winery but they were closed because it was Sunday. Oh well, loved this cruise beyond words.
Kay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Cruise View Post
Wow. We loved Malta! I liked that it was quiet that day. We went to Mass in St. John's Co-Cathedral. One of the most beautiful churches I have ever seen. We had delicious lunch and cappuccino at a cafe, visited The shipwreck of St. Paul Church( very interesting and free) and then we had a private tour(set up by a fellow Dis member) of Casa Rocca Piccola. Best tour of the whole trip. There is a lot of interesting history to be discovered on this island. I hope to go back one day.

7/7/07 11 Night Mediterranean MAGIC
6/29/08 Mexican Riviera WONDER
7/18/2010 Baltic Cruise MAGIC
1/21/2011 Cruise to Nowhere WONDER

4/10/2012 Double Dip, Bahamas DREAM

12/23/12 Club 33, Oh Yeah
6/27/2013 Back to the Mediterranean with a new flair MAGIC

5/17/14 Cruise to Nowhere Wonder
Kouris_Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:16 PM   #2084
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

We did the DCL car, driver, guide on our first visit to Malta and my teenagers declared it their favorite excursion, probably because it was just us and we drove a lot. We liked being at our pace and talking with our guide.

If you go into Valletta, pay the euro to take the lift rather than hiking up.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:23 PM   #2085
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone,
TIA
We have posts from the road in our blog which is in my sig line. If you are on mobile, I don't think it shows up so PM me and I will send it to you.

What plans do you already have?

Venice: the people mover makes for an easier journey to Pzle Roma to get the vaporetto so it's worth the euro there and back, but it stops running at 10:50 PM so plan accordingly. Allow an hour minimum from ship to San Marco square... Longer if you need to buy your vaporetto tickets.

Dubrovnik, the walls only take kuna so get some (do they take credit? I don't remember).

We docked in la Spezia so if you had plans based on tendering, my guess is you will dock again, so be prepared for either.

Free wifi in cruise terminal at Villefranche for 20 minutes. Also outside tourism office in Eze. And at upper Barracca gardens in Valletta.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: