Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #1981
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Great packing lists, Val and Sandie!

What am I going to wish I had done this week when I am in the last day panic next week? Besides doing my work instead of yakking on this thread and the Facebook page?!?
ditto
Old 06-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #1982
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:

What am I going to wish I had done this week when I am in the last day panic next week? Besides doing my work instead of yakking on this thread and the Facebook page?!?
I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I should be doing something, but for me it just isn't time yet. I feel like I should be packing, but I don't want everything to end up wrinkled from sitting in my suitcase so long. Instead I'm going to be frantically packing on Monday and praying I haven't forgotten anything. At least I have been working on a list.

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #1983
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You will wish you had gone through all your clothes and picked out your outfits in advance, tried them on, remembered to add extras like slips or belts to your list. Choosing only seven outfits that will work for all excursions took more time than I expected.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #1984
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
I know exactly what you mean. I feel like I should be doing something, but for me it just isn't time yet. I feel like I should be packing, but I don't want everything to end up wrinkled from sitting in my suitcase so long. Instead I'm going to be frantically packing on Monday and praying I haven't forgotten anything. At least I have been working on a list.
It's hard to wait. In my mind I'm already gone . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
You will wish you had gone through all your clothes and picked out your outfits in advance, tried them on, remembered to add extras like slips or belts to your list. Choosing only seven outfits that will work for all excursions took more time than I expected.
Great tip! I've been test driving all my outfits for the past month so I am good to go there. Restricting myself to a European sized carry-on suitcase helped me to pare that packing list down a lot!
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #1985
n8tivecaligirl
Mouseketeer

Apparently my debit card already went to italy before us! Just got a call from Chase and my card was used at "Best Union Spa" 4 times today, and processed twice. So My husband says, look up Best Union spa and call them. So I did but it's in Bologna, Italy. Sooooo, needless to say watch you cards gang. I'd rather it be stolen now then when we are there! And now I get a new card (arriving friday). It's better to laugh about it then freak out about it, at least it was caught now....

n8tivecaligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #1986
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:

It's hard to wait. In my mind I'm already gone . . .

Great tip! I've been test driving all my outfits for the past month so I am good to go there. Restricting myself to a European sized carry-on suitcase helped me to pare that packing list down a lot!
What is a European sized carry on?
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #1987
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverVal View Post
I've at least got the outfits narrowed down. If I didn't do that, I'd be overpacking for sure. I'm sure that will happen either way though. But I think my list is set.

Pretty sure my mind is on a plane right now too. Too bad my body isn't with it yet. LOL!!

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #1988
jkind
Earning My Ears

Exchanging currency

I thought I saw this on the board, but I can't locate it through a search. In the FAQ's, Disney suggests bringing travelers checks to exchange for Euros in the ports. I saw some mention of being able to exchange on the ship as well. Our local banks charge $50 to get Euros, even if you have an account. If you don't have an account, they won't help you. We will need Euros for a car/driver we are getting in Florence. Any ideas on the best way to handle? Our layover at JFK is very short.

Thanks for any advice!
jkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #1989
klar
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8tivecaligirl View Post
Apparently my debit card already went to italy before us! Just got a call from Chase and my card was used at "Best Union Spa" 4 times today, and processed twice. So My husband says, look up Best Union spa and call them. So I did but it's in Bologna, Italy. Sooooo, needless to say watch you cards gang. I'd rather it be stolen now then when we are there! And now I get a new card (arriving friday). It's better to laugh about it then freak out about it, at least it was caught now....
Did you happen to buy tickets to the Colosseum/Forum in Rome? We purchased these tickets and this was the exact charge that came through on our credit card.
klar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #1990
n8tivecaligirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klar View Post
Did you happen to buy tickets to the Colosseum/Forum in Rome? We purchased these tickets and this was the exact charge that came through on our credit card.
It wouldn't process on my card. Had to use my husbands. So no I didn't have it charged on my account. Also the person from "chase" wasn't it was a scammer who stole my card number when I tried to process on that ticket site. Long story short, I called chase back to verify they were the ones who called and it wasn't. Sooo.,,, I am getting a new card either way.

n8tivecaligirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:52 PM   #1991
DenverVal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkind View Post
I thought I saw this on the board, but I can't locate it through a search. In the FAQ's, Disney suggests bringing travelers checks to exchange for Euros in the ports. I saw some mention of being able to exchange on the ship as well. Our local banks charge $50 to get Euros, even if you have an account. If you don't have an account, they won't help you. We will need Euros for a car/driver we are getting in Florence. Any ideas on the best way to handle? Our layover at JFK is very short.

Thanks for any advice!
We opened an account with Wells Fargo and then they were happy to sell us euros. I expect to close it later, but I will play along.

WDW: 12/01 12/02 8/03 11/05 11/06 11/07 10/09 3/10 1/13 DL: 6/05 3/06 6/06 6/07 7/08
DCL: Magic 4/24/04, 8/20/05, 10/10/09, 7/15/12, 6/27/13 Dream 2/3/11, 12/29/11 Wonder 6/21/11 Fantasy 1/4/14 NCL: POAm 8/9/08

DenverVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #1992
tajz90
Mama D

We purchased our Euro through Wells also. We had them in hand two days after ordering them.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #1993
LyndaC
Mouseketeer

Here's Rick Steves advice re changing money http://www.ricksteves.com/plan/tips/...rency-tips.htm

I am not changing money before I arrive in London, then I'll use my ATM card at a bank to get some pounds to tide me over until we get to Barcelona. I might use the ATM card at the airport in Barcelona to get some Euros, or probably, I'll just exchange my dollars for Euros at Guest Services on board.

Here's why I'm not getting Euros ahead of time, one of the members of the facebook page just paid $1.42 per Euro, the exchange rate is currently about $1.33. I paid for my Sagarda Famialia membership using my Disney Visa last week, Chase handled the transaction at the $1.33 rate + a $1.51 transaction fee.

I've followed Rick Steves for years, he really knows what he is talking about.
Old 06-20-2013, 02:38 AM   #1994
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gydell View Post
Flying Delta, the 24th, direct from Atlanta.
We got in about 8:15 to BCN from this flight when we came over. Restrooms are a long way from where you get off but before you go thru customs. Then more at baggage claim

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 02:39 AM   #1995
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandJulia View Post
Hi Everyone. With a little less than 10 days to go we are only now joining this group. I have not even had time to go through the previous posts in any great way. This will be the family's 5th Disney Cruise (Magic/E. Carib; Wonder/4 Day; Wonder/Alaska; Fantasy/W.Carib). We are traveling with our 10 and 13 years old boys. Last med cruise was 1996. Been to a number of the ports in other ways.

But it is our first time in Rome. Does anyone still have space in a group for four? We are really only interested in the ancient sights, not the Vatican.

We are flying overnight PHL-BCN direct on US Air arriving the morning of the 27th. I know, tight. We will go straight to the port unless someone has a better idea for me. Thanks!
Welcome Bob and Julia. Be sure to come to the meet on Thursday at 3:00 in the Promenade Lounge.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: