Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #1636
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
That sounds fun - one thing I would mention though is to have a back-up plan for transportation back to Naples in case the seas are such that the hydrofoil won't go - that happens from time to time. The nice thing about the hydrofoil is that it is just steps away from the ship
The driver will wait with us until we have tickets. They said the same thing!

IF they don't go, we just stay with our driver until we are back to the ship.

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:51 PM   #1637
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohmomof5 View Post
The driver will wait with us until we have tickets. They said the same thing!

IF they don't go, we just stay with our driver until we are back to the ship.
Awesome - I'm glad they arranged that.

So here's a picture for you of the hydrofoil

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 05:03 PM   #1638
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Awesome - I'm glad they arranged that.

So here's a picture for you of the hydrofoil

So excited! Now that our flights are booked and hotel rooms paid for (save over $200 by doing that), I am feeling SUPER excited!

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:12 PM   #1639
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So excited! Now that our flights are booked and hotel rooms paid for (save over $200 by doing that), I am feeling SUPER excited!
I'm working on details for the ports where we are not doing a ship-sponsored excursion nor a private guide. For the ports that we stop at twice, we're doing one offical excursion and then one on our own sort of day. So for Villefranche, we're doing one of the Monaco excursions and then when we are there again, we'll just hang out in the town, maybe go to the beach. In La Spezia, we're going to Cinque Terre on our own because it will be a Monday the first time through so the excursion to Florence we want to do isn't available, but it is with this itinerary. We're hiring a driver and guide for our first stop in Valletta but will use that opportunity to plan an "on our own" day when we go back. For Civitavecchia, we're doing Rome in Limo the first time (on a Tuesday) and DH and I are doing the Bracciano Lake excursion on this itinerary and then planning to hang out in town and get some gelato or something the rest of the afternoon. We figured Rome on a Sunday - the LAST Sunday of the month - would be crazy. Here's something we noticed though - for this itinerary, our all aboard is an hour later than the previous one. We figure we can get some laundry done that day while the rest of you are in Rome

Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #1640
jel0511
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We figure we can get some laundry done that day while the rest of you are in Rome
Can you do my laundry too???????
Cont 6/93 Poly 9/96 ASMo 8/00 DVC Member 6/01 VWL 8/01 Poly Concierge 12/01 GF RPC - YC - VWL 7/02 Disney Wonder 11/03/02 AKL Concierge-VWL 2/03 Poly-BCV 7/03 GF-BWV 7/04 Disney Magic 11/06/04 Grand Californian Concierge - Disney Magic 7/09/05 BWV - VWL 4/06 POP 08/06 SSR 11/06 SSR 3/07 AKV 3/08 BWV 12/08 HRH-Disney Magic 8/29/09 BLT 3/10 10 night Med Magic 8/18/10 AKV - Disney Dream 4/17/11 Alaskan Wonder 8/23/11 SSR - Disney Fantasy Inaugural Sailing 3/31/12 GCV - Aulani 7/12 VWL 3/13 Disney MAGICal Med to Venice 6/27/13 BWV 10/13 Disney Magic 1/2/14 GFV - OKW 4/14 Disney Magic 04/25/14 Art of Animation 11/14 SSR - Disney Dream 04/03/15 Magic in the Baltic July 10, 2015
jel0511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #1641
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Only 49 days for us till we fly to Barcelona!

Anyone else feel like time is flying by way to fast and they need more time to prepare? Cause I sure do! So much to remember I'm afraid to forget something.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #1642
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Only 49 days for us till we fly to Barcelona!

Anyone else feel like time is flying by way to fast and they need more time to prepare? Cause I sure do! So much to remember I'm afraid to forget something.
I'm with you! I'm sure it will be fine and they actually do have stuff in Europe if we forget something, right?!? That's what I keep telling myself anyway.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:32 AM   #1643
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Here's a link to Taxi info for Naples in case anyone needed it. Look for the ordinary urban tariff pdf.

We are thinking that we'll cab to the pizza place after our excursion. Here's what the pizza place said to do:

Take a taxi and let them lead to VIA CASANOVA n.109 near PORTA CAPUANA. With the taxi arrived in less than 15 minutes (3.3 km away).

This is the pizza place we're planning to go to.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #1644
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser

Quote:
Here's a link to Taxi info for Naples in case anyone needed it. Look for the ordinary urban tariff pdf.

We are thinking that we'll cab to the pizza place after our excursion. Here's what the pizza place said to do:

Take a taxi and let them lead to VIA CASANOVA n.109 near PORTA CAPUANA. With the taxi arrived in less than 15 minutes (3.3 km away).

This is the pizza place we're planning to go to.
Thank you so much for posting this! This will help us figure out how to get to the National Museum in Naples and then hopefully on to delicious pizza.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #1645
krennhack
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We were booked on the Capri, Sorrento and Pompeii excursion. It looked really interesting to me, but when I talked to a local guide, we said they would NOT offer that trip to us as it would be too much for the short time we have their. They said we woudn't really get to enjoy much of each place. So we decided to cancel it. But I am still kind of wondering about it. What were your thoughts of the excursion?
We are booked on the Pompeii, Sorento and Capri for Families excursion. This trip is all about sampling for us. We will come back on our own some day and do a more indepth coverage of things that really interest us.
krennhack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #1646
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krennhack View Post
We are booked on the Pompeii, Sorento and Capri for Families excursion. This trip is all about sampling for us. We will come back on our own some day and do a more indepth coverage of things that really interest us.
That's exactly how we express it when talking to people about cruising - it's a way to see a lot of places and figure out if there are places we would like to go back and explore more via a land-based trip. I tell people that all the time when they are thinking about cruising - it's a sampler platter.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #1647
MrsScooby
DIS Veteran

Hey, Anyone out there interested in sharing a private tour for Rome ?
We have a minibus and guide booked with Rome and Limo with Thumpery and her family and there is room for another family if anyone is interested.

We are planning on these sites:

Pantheon
Colliseum
Circus Maximus
Trevi Fountain
Roman Forum & Palantine Hill
Church of Bones
St. Peter Basillica (depending on wait time)
Pasta/pizza lunch, gelato, and souvenir shopping

And saving the Vatican/Sistine Chapel for our next trip...

Between the two families so far we have 4 kids ranging in age from 15-20.
Anyone interested send me a pm
Price depends on how many we get in our group so potential for saving money is very good
Old 05-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #1648
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post
We have a minibus and guide booked with Rome and Limo with Thumpery and her family and there is room for another family if anyone is interested.

Pantheon
Colliseum
Circus Maximus
Trevi Fountain
Church of Bones

Price depends on how many we get in our group so potential for saving money is very good

You guys will have a great time, and honestly if we weren't going to Rome the previous week, we'd jump at this. If you can't get to St. Peter Basillica, try to get to Basillica San Clemente. It's open from noon to 6 PM. Here's a link to their brochure. Our friends were there in February and said it's worth going to look at.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #1649
sandiedvc
Mouseketeer

Well, I'm back! Hopefully for good this time. The last couple of months have been a little rough. My parents moved down here to be close to someone in the family as they were in poor health and in the time they were here their health has gotten much worse. Took my sister coming to visit the folks for me to realize that there was no way for me to do everything that they needed. Took until now to find the best place for them and get that all finalized. Still have a dining room and storage unit full of "important" stuff to figure out what to do with, but I think that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, the tunnel is still littered with all the things that I haven't gotten done because they didn't make the triage list, but I feel hopeful.

So now I am scrambling to get things together for the trip. I was putting together a spreadsheet for clothing and I realized that I don't have when the formal/semi formal nights are. Does anyone know when they are?

Spent all morning trying on clothes to see what I have that will work, now I have to slot that into the spreadsheet and see what I still need while I have time to get something!

Has anyone gotten luggage tags yet?
Old 05-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #1650
thumpery
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScooby View Post

Pantheon
Colliseum
Circus Maximus
Trevi Fountain
Church of Bones

I'm Thumpery and SOOOO looking forward to this tour with MrsScooby and family! We are a friendly bunch if anyone wants to join!

On a sidenote - I prepaid out tips yesterday. Almost double of a 7 night cruise . BUT SO WORTH IT! Disney does it right!
thumpery is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: