Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #76
ShanaMouse
Mouseketeer

Wow, thank you for sharing all of this information! I thoroughly enjoyed your closing thoughts, as it did put everything in perspective.

I love all of the photos you posted; made me feel as though I was there!

Hopefully I will be able to take my first DCL cruise soon!
ShanaMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:23 PM   #77
OrcaPotter
Lucky to be local to the Mouse

I'm glad you enjoyed it! It's definitely a cruise worth waiting for, for sure! I can't wait until I can begin saving toward a 7 night with DCL.
OrcaPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2012, 09:11 AM   #78
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I just read this over the past few days. What a great trip. To obad you were feeling a bit sick.
We sailed the Dream last year on a 3 night and you are right, time just flies by. I was lucky enough to tour her last Aug as well, and got to see a few areas that I had missed while sailing. We are going again on a 4 night in Nov. I can't wait. There is still so much I haven't had a chance to do or see.

I hope you get your teaching job and can start putting away some money to get on the Fantasy. Thats goal for me too!

I am a laundry doer. BUT we went to Disney after the cruise and I wanted to pack less for myslef, so we did a little bit on board to have it ready for the Disney portion of the trip. I don't mind doing a load or 2 and it keeps down the luggage a bit.

Did they have any Dream 2012 sweatshirts/hoodies? I got the inaugeral one last year and LOVE it. I got one for DD too, but we are hoping to get a new one this year.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #79
solfan68
DIS Veteran

So glad your TR bubbled to the surface. This time next week, we'll be immersed in the magic. Been to The World before, but this will be our first time on DCL. My family has been looking forward to this trip, where we'll celebrate my folks' 50th. Your pictures have helped to clarify some things and amp up the excitement. Thanks again for sharing your vacay with the rest of us !

CBR - 7/94 CBR - 7/96 CSR - 6/07 POR - 6/08 WL - 1/11 DCL - 8/12
solfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #80
OrcaPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I just read this over the past few days. What a great trip. To obad you were feeling a bit sick.
We sailed the Dream last year on a 3 night and you are right, time just flies by. I was lucky enough to tour her last Aug as well, and got to see a few areas that I had missed while sailing. We are going again on a 4 night in Nov. I can't wait. There is still so much I haven't had a chance to do or see.

I hope you get your teaching job and can start putting away some money to get on the Fantasy. Thats goal for me too!

I am a laundry doer. BUT we went to Disney after the cruise and I wanted to pack less for myslef, so we did a little bit on board to have it ready for the Disney portion of the trip. I don't mind doing a load or 2 and it keeps down the luggage a bit.

Did they have any Dream 2012 sweatshirts/hoodies? I got the inaugeral one last year and LOVE it. I got one for DD too, but we are hoping to get a new one this year.
I'm glad you enjoyed it! The good news is that yes, I finally got a full-time teaching position ... my goal is to get enough saved to put as much down as I can on a Fantasy cruise for next summer Praying for a VGT rate for the date I want.

Folks traveling in from a long distance to the port, I can imagine would want to cut down on luggage, so I can see doing laundry in that case. My mother and I always seem to overpack, and we just stuff it all back in the suitcase and dump it in the washer as soon as we get home. But all we have is a 50 min. car ride.

It's hard to remember right now, but I want to say they did have 2012 sweatshirts. They didn't impress me at all--and actually, I don't think they had the Dream on it. Just DCL. That was one of the most disappointing parts of the shopping on board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solfan68 View Post
So glad your TR bubbled to the surface. This time next week, we'll be immersed in the magic. Been to The World before, but this will be our first time on DCL. My family has been looking forward to this trip, where we'll celebrate my folks' 50th. Your pictures have helped to clarify some things and amp up the excitement. Thanks again for sharing your vacay with the rest of us !
Glad you enjoyed it and found it helpful! Have fun
Old 08-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #81
Daisybelle
You don't have to go fast, you just have to go

I stumbled upon your report this morning and thoroughly enjoyed reading it (when I was supposed to be working, oops).

Might I also add that I enjoyed your Doctor Who and David Tennant gifs as well. Disney and Doctor Who in one report??? Nirvana...
Daisybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:00 PM   #82
OrcaPotter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post
I stumbled upon your report this morning and thoroughly enjoyed reading it (when I was supposed to be working, oops).

Might I also add that I enjoyed your Doctor Who and David Tennant gifs as well. Disney and Doctor Who in one report??? Nirvana...
Great to meet another Whovian and Disney fan! I'm glad you enjoyed it
Old 08-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #83
Gillett
Earning My Ears

Wow, that was a great read. Thank you for taking the time to write it. Good luck with the Fantasy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: