Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

5E GTY on the Fantasy/Dream?

I just changed my inside virtual porthole room on the Fantasy to a 5E oversized verandah room. These are the aft cabins on decks 5-10. They only had this type of room available for booking as a GTY for some reason. I'm a little nervous, because the size of the verandah in these rooms vary greatly, and for some of them it probably wouldn't be worth the extra money I paid to get the oversize verandah over a normal verandah room.

Has anyone ever done one of these rooms (on the Dream of course) as a GTY, and if so, what was the result? Anyone know why they are GTY? And do all of them sleep 4 people? If not I can narrow down the ones we are not going to get.

Thanks
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
jelliott04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
I just changed my inside virtual porthole room on the Fantasy to a 5E oversized verandah room. These are the aft cabins on decks 5-10. They only had this type of room available for booking as a GTY for some reason. I'm a little nervous, because the size of the verandah in these rooms vary greatly, and for some of them it probably wouldn't be worth the extra money I paid to get the oversize verandah over a normal verandah room.

Has anyone ever done one of these rooms (on the Dream of course) as a GTY, and if so, what was the result? Anyone know why they are GTY? And do all of them sleep 4 people? If not I can narrow down the ones we are not going to get.

Thanks
We are book 5E GTY for early 2013 on the Fantasy. Have you gone on your cruise yet and if so what was your experience?

Thanks in advance
Register to remove

Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 AM   #3
kimb96
Mouseketeer

We booked 5E gty and ended up with 9674. Loved the room and aft location! All the verandahs are very large. The only negative thing I've hard about these rooms is some noise on deck 10 from cabanas.
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #4
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club ~ My driveway to WDW = 1 hour!

Location: Tampa, FL resident since 2007 (formally from Lorain & Columbus O-H-I-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96
We booked 5E gty and ended up with 9674. Loved the room and aft location! All the verandahs are very large. The only negative thing I've hard about these rooms is some noise on deck 10 from cabanas.
9674 was superb We book 5E everytime.

Deck 10 has staterooms, so they would get noise from deck 11 Cabanas.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

2015 - Wonder Mar 4n; Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic - Oct SOUTHERN/B2B repo ~ 2013 - Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 - June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 - Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #5
jahber
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC

Thanks
We booked a 5E GTY in September and were "upgraded" to a 4E (we didn't particularly consider it an upgrade). If you really want the 5E, you can try putting a "do not upgrade" request on your reservation. Happy sailing!
Dream 4-night Bahamas 5/12
WDW too many times to count!
jahber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 AM   #6
Lisa Lisa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahber View Post
We booked a 5E GTY in September and were "upgraded" to a 4E (we didn't particularly consider it an upgrade). If you really want the 5E, you can try putting a "do not upgrade" request on your reservation. Happy sailing!
Since you wanted the XL verandah (and having stayed in a 4E), I can see why you would not consider this an upgrade. We had booked a VGT and were happy with our assignment, but your situation really illustrates the opinion shared by some of us that the 4E rooms should actually be a subcategory of cat 5. If I had booked a 5E GTY, I would have considered 4A-D an upgrade, but not a 4E.

Back to the OP's point, I don't think I would book a 5E GTY since they are several different decks and the verandah shapes and sizes do vary.

Disney Dream ~ February 12-16, 2012
Disney Fantasy ~ March 23-30, 2013
Disney Dream ~ September 1-5, 2013 * Trip Report: Living the Suite Life on the Dream ~ Sept. 1-5, 2013
Disney Fantasy ~ April 19-26, 2014
Lisa Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
We are book 5E GTY for early 2013 on the Fantasy. Have you gone on your cruise yet and if so what was your experience?

Thanks in advance

Since I posted that I went on the Pixar/California cruise and cancelled the Fantasy December cruise. Then GT rates came out and I re-booked the December cruse, but as an IGT. We cruise next week So, guess I'll have to try the 5Es another time...
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: