Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #1426
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
I found this wesbsite www.everlater.com that allows you to journal a trip, then you can have your journal produced into a book. It has a corresponding iPad app that I am going to use on the trip. You can enter journal entries on the iPad and sync the to the Internet whenever you want! It' s not quite a liv blog, but It will hopefully work for me. Oh yea, you can open the journal as public or password protect it for friends only!
Thanks for posting this - I just set up a trip to see how it works and think I will probably use it! Definitely going to check out the iPad app for working on it and see how it does with uploading pictures. When we sail from Port Canaveral, we might take a laptop with us and I'll type my trip report as we go, but I don't like flying with a laptop if I don't have to - love having iPad now, but it's harder for me to type on. I also take a journal and make notes throughout the trip for details I want to remember.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013

Last edited by nzdisneymom; 02-07-2013 at 09:05 AM.
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #1427
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanNan View Post
Which B&B? We have been looking at an apartment for the 4 of us, think I found one near the market. Interesting searching.
Just kind of finalized an intinerary for our pre cruise week in London and Nottingham. Hope my DH puts his runners on! I will keep reminding him of the at sea days, he can veg then!
Marilyn
We're staying at the Marinaview B&B ... here is the link http://www.marinaviewbcn.com/
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #1428
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

For all who liked my link ... thank you ... but I must confess ... I got the idea from TammyAlphabet when she blogged her Down Under trip. So Tammy .. these thanks are for you

By the way Tammy ... You still sailing with us ????
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #1429
BillandChris
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
I'll be happy to host a pre-cruise Meet and Greet at the Renaissance Barcelona on both Thursday and Friday night and leave it as a "come if you can" to either one. I'm thinking 7 p.m. on Thursday and then maybe 7:30 or 8 on Friday - we'll hang out in the lobby for half-an-hour and if no one shows up, no worries. We've done that before and had a few folks able to come on the first night and others on the second - and some on both to meet those who can only come one night When it gets closer to time, I'll post again to get an idea if the times would be good and whether or not folks could come by for a bit.

Totally different topic - are any of you going to "live blog" or "live trip report" while on the cruise (either for DIS or just for family and friends)? If so, how are you setting it up? With blogspot or similar? With or without pictures from the road? I was thinking about doing something but trying to figure out what makes the most sense. We did a small one in 2010 that I set up through Blogspot to be able to just email the posts - then I could compose offline and upload when we had free wifi or as part of the internet access we bought onboard. But we didn't do anything with pictures until we returned. I was also thinking I won't do it publicly (like not announce it on facebook) but would just send the link directly to people that I wanted to have it (or who had expressed an interest in it like family and friends and coworkers who already know where we're going and when).
Great idea. We will be there if we are not sleeping due to jet lag.

40+ trips to DW since 1971:
1 Alaska Cruise: 1 Med Cruise
BillandChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:13 PM   #1430
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitdad View Post
Very interesting. Wonder if that is only for getting tickets on site or if you are able to still prepay for tickets on line before you go.
I believe that everything onsite is cash only. You can purchase tickets online. Do not forget to print out the online reservation stuff; otherwise, you will not be allowed in.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #1431
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
Looks like many cabins have opened up in the last day or so.
Agreed. I checked last week for the cabins and the same cabin that we booked was $3K more that what we paid.

I just checked this morning and it is now $1K more. I bet there are more cruisers canceling and moving to another cruise date.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:29 PM   #1432
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers

Agreed. I checked last week for the cabins and the same cabin that we booked was $3K more that what we paid.

I just checked this morning and it is now $1K more. I bet there are more cruisers canceling and moving to another cruise date.
Wow i should chk. I chk yesterday to see if it would be cheaper to get one cabin for all 4 of us rather than the 2 cabins we have and it was actually more expensive.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:34 PM   #1433
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're staying at a B&B in Barcelona on the 13th and 14th ... We would love to meet up with everyone, but if I had my choice, I would prefer Friday night. Will probably spend Thursday forcing myself to stay awake until I crash, and Friday day will be spent touring Barcelona with friends (yes like you Marianne )
Our family will be flying a red-eye into BCN (June 13th) and then heading over to the apt. that we found through Trip Advisor - Flat Barcelona. For two nights, 2 adults, and 2 children $270Euros. We booked it last November.

Fira Palace Barcelona where we stayed 3 years ago has doubled in price. So, opted to have a place near Font Montjuc and Fira Palace Barcelona.

We are also going to book the Chocolate Factory class for the DD13 & DD10 which we did with other cruisers on our last MedCruise August 2010.

So, if any would like to book a chocolate factory class for your child, please let me know and I will send you details privately. Just protecting the privacy of the children and their families.

When we disembark, we are heading straight to the airport for an afternoon or evening flight to the UK.

The DDs want to visit the Harry Potter studios... any suggestions on where to stay would be great!

Thanks!

By the way, I printed out the pages for the pre-cruise stuff from our TA at Dreams Unlimited. It's so nice and exciting!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #1434
Meum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We're staying at a B&B in Barcelona on the 13th and 14th ... We would love to meet up with everyone, but if I had my choice, I would prefer Friday night. Will probably spend Thursday forcing myself to stay awake until I crash, and Friday day will be spent touring Barcelona with friends (yes like you Marianne )
yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
I'll be happy to host a pre-cruise Meet and Greet at the Renaissance Barcelona on both Thursday and Friday night and leave it as a "come if you can" to either one. I'm thinking 7 p.m. on Thursday and then maybe 7:30 or 8 on Friday - we'll hang out in the lobby for half-an-hour and if no one shows up, no worries. We've done that before and had a few folks able to come on the first night and others on the second - and some on both to meet those who can only come one night When it gets closer to time, I'll post again to get an idea if the times would be good and whether or not folks could come by for a bit.
sounds great!!! thanks!

i am ready to go, got my patches to prevent seasickness what's the seas been like on previous med cruises? hate to wear the patch if i don't have to!

see ya, marianne
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:57 AM   #1435
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We're staying at the Marinaview B&B ... here is the link http://www.marinaviewbcn.com/
Very nice! I just booked our apartment near the Liceu Metro station on Las Ramblas.
So excited!
NanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #1436
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Wishing safety to all of our fellow cruisers in the Northeast. We have rain here in VA and nothing like what your folks are in for.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:12 AM   #1437
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meum View Post
i am ready to go, got my patches to prevent seasickness what's the seas been like on previous med cruises? hate to wear the patch if i don't have to!
We had calm seas in the Med in 2007, but I have read reports of rougher seas. And we'll be crossing further east so I don't know how the seas might be - I'll be bringing our Bonine.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #1438
colemame
Earning My Ears

CM Gifts?

This is our families first Disney cruise and I have read that a lot of people bring gifts to give to special CMs... Anyone do this and if so what is appreciated?
colemame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #1439
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemame
This is our families first Disney cruise and I have read that a lot of people bring gifts to give to special CMs... Anyone do this and if so what is appreciated?
I have never brought stuff to give to cast members but if anyone is really special to us we usually pick them up something in port.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #1440
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the welcome! Ok, I've signed up on the roll call. At this point, we are leaning on not doing the FE but would love to join in on the Dismeets. As of today, we are PIF with airfares booked. Now we just have to figure out the hotels and excursions!

In 2010, we had very calm seas except for one day. It seemed like Brent was always on the PA saying "another picture perfect day" in his Australian accent.

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: