Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 02:02 PM   #1411
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
I will forward you the face book google doc before then
Are there people on the Facebook group that aren't here on DIS? I always have a hard time translating DISnames to REALnames

Lynda, thanks for taking on the FE coordination.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #1412
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom

Are there people on the Facebook group that aren't here on DIS? I always have a hard time translating DISnames to REALnames

Lynda, thanks for taking on the FE coordination.
I dont know, thats why I'll send her that list as well just to make sure.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #1413
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
I understand that was your experience but it absolutely wasn't mine. On every cruise I've been on (6) on 3 different ships, I have been able to make the Palo reservations for my entire group. I never had to give any names, I just had the concierge book a table for how many I needed. I did this in 2008, in the med in 2010 (got a table for 10), in Alaska (8), NY to Bahamas this past August. So I think it depends on how you book it. I'm not concierge this time, so I don't know if I'll get the same ability, but I sure am gonna try.
We've only had this issue on the more recent cruises that I mentioned, prior to those it was never an issue. This will be our 12th or 13th cruise and only maybe those 3 have had that problem, and we were concierge on 2 of the 3. Concierge did accommodate us onboard, but not in advance and they were clear that their services were only for those booked in concierge rooms, but that they would extend our reservations to immediate family members only. We were linked with family and friends, but they wouldn't book everyone at the concierge booking date. So in the Baltic in 2010, we wanted to do this glassblowing excursion, they booked us on our opening date, but it was completely full by our friend's booking date (silver). We ended up having to cancel the excursion because we wanted to be with our friends and they couldn't get on. We actually complained to DCL about this, but, and this is a very valid point, they said it wouldn't be fair to book them at the concierge date when they weren't paying for a concierge room, ahead of the people with gold status who deserved to book ahead of silver.

And with Palo (and Remy on the Fantasy/Dream), they booked our table of 2, then added our friends when their window opened. Only for Palo on the inaugural Fantasy, it was booked for 4 every night, so we had to change it on board (that was the non-concierge cruise, but we were platinum, friends were gold, I think, maybe silver). Remy we were able to switch to 4 at the same time.

My only thought is that maybe our cruises were more crowded than yours so they were more willing to accommodate you at the time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
DCL changed last year. I think it was early last year. You can no longer book Palo or excursions using your own CC status for linked staterooms with a lower CC status. Only for the persons registered in your own stateroom.

Don't know what the procedure is for concierge staterooms, it could well be different. But not on non-concierge staterooms.

If the linked staterooms have the same CC status, no problem.

This has been our experience.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #1414
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

We're staying at a B&B in Barcelona on the 13th and 14th ... We would love to meet up with everyone, but if I had my choice, I would prefer Friday night. Will probably spend Thursday forcing myself to stay awake until I crash, and Friday day will be spent touring Barcelona with friends (yes like you Marianne )
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #1415
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I'll be happy to host a pre-cruise Meet and Greet at the Renaissance Barcelona on both Thursday and Friday night and leave it as a "come if you can" to either one. I'm thinking 7 p.m. on Thursday and then maybe 7:30 or 8 on Friday - we'll hang out in the lobby for half-an-hour and if no one shows up, no worries. We've done that before and had a few folks able to come on the first night and others on the second - and some on both to meet those who can only come one night When it gets closer to time, I'll post again to get an idea if the times would be good and whether or not folks could come by for a bit.

Totally different topic - are any of you going to "live blog" or "live trip report" while on the cruise (either for DIS or just for family and friends)? If so, how are you setting it up? With blogspot or similar? With or without pictures from the road? I was thinking about doing something but trying to figure out what makes the most sense. We did a small one in 2010 that I set up through Blogspot to be able to just email the posts - then I could compose offline and upload when we had free wifi or as part of the internet access we bought onboard. But we didn't do anything with pictures until we returned. I was also thinking I won't do it publicly (like not announce it on facebook) but would just send the link directly to people that I wanted to have it (or who had expressed an interest in it like family and friends and coworkers who already know where we're going and when).

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:21 PM   #1416
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

We won't be because I don't go on the computer at all while we're gone. Well, maybe once or twice on this trip since we'll be gone 3 weeks, but just to check phone messages and stuff. I sorta wish I would just to have a running summary of the trip cause I'll never want to do it when we get home, but I sorta ban electronic use on vacations so I can't break my own rule.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #1417
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
I'll be happy to host a pre-cruise Meet and Greet at the Renaissance Barcelona on both Thursday and Friday night and leave it as a "come if you can" to either one. I'm thinking 7 p.m. on Thursday and then maybe 7:30 or 8 on Friday - we'll hang out in the lobby for half-an-hour and if no one shows up, no worries. We've done that before and had a few folks able to come on the first night and others on the second - and some on both to meet those who can only come one night When it gets closer to time, I'll post again to get an idea if the times would be good and whether or not folks could come by for a bit.
That sounds like fun!

My Disney Adventures
Disney Magic Inaugural Greek Cruise: June 15, 2013
Disneyland/California Adventure: April 4, 2013
Disney Fantasy: December 29, 2012
Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot: December 25, 2012
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 17, 2012 (Opening week of Cars Land and Mad T Party)
Disneyland/California Adventure: March 2012
Became DVC Member: December 28, 2011,
First Disney Cruise: December 24, 2011, Magic
Magic Kingdom and Epcot: January 2011
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 2007
My Daughter’s first trip to Disneyland: December 31, 2001
Animal Kingdom: August 1999
Epcot: June 1997
Disneyland: July 1994
Disneyland: June 1991
Disneyland: April 1987
First trip to Disneyland: November 29, 1986
MoonDaughter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #1418
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Totally different topic - are any of you going to "live blog" or "live trip report" while on the cruise (either for DIS or just for family and friends)? If so, how are you setting it up? With blogspot or similar? With or without pictures from the road? I was thinking about doing something but trying to figure out what makes the most sense. We did a small one in 2010 that I set up through Blogspot to be able to just email the posts - then I could compose offline and upload when we had free wifi or as part of the internet access we bought onboard. But we didn't do anything with pictures until we returned. I was also thinking I won't do it publicly (like not announce it on facebook) but would just send the link directly to people that I wanted to have it (or who had expressed an interest in it like family and friends and coworkers who already know where we're going and when).
I found this wesbsite www.everlater.com that allows you to journal a trip, then you can have your journal produced into a book. It has a corresponding iPad app that I am going to use on the trip. You can enter journal entries on the iPad and sync the to the Internet whenever you want! It' s not quite a liv blog, but It will hopefully work for me. Oh yea, you can open the journal as public or password protect it for friends only!
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"

Last edited by MJGirl; 02-07-2013 at 08:34 AM.
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:27 AM   #1419
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyJackJunior View Post
subscribing On the July 13th cruise.
Welcome, JimmyJackJunior! We are from Calgary. Looking forward to meeting you and yours! This group is great, lots of helpful ideas from amazing people.
NanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #1420
Lynderella
DIS Veteran

Just put in the FB request (Gast). Been out of the loop for awhile. Trying to catch up on (gasp) 95 pages. Thank you!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:39 AM   #1421
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
We're staying at a B&B in Barcelona on the 13th and 14th ... We would love to meet up with everyone, but if I had my choice, I would prefer Friday night. Will probably spend Thursday forcing myself to stay awake until I crash, and Friday day will be spent touring Barcelona with friends (yes like you Marianne )
Which B&B? We have been looking at an apartment for the 4 of us, think I found one near the market. Interesting searching.
Just kind of finalized an intinerary for our pre cruise week in London and Nottingham. Hope my DH puts his runners on! I will keep reminding him of the at sea days, he can veg then!
Marilyn
Old 02-07-2013, 02:43 AM   #1422
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

My BFF asked me to do a trip blog and really don't know how to do it online. So will have to investigate. I usually just journal a little diary, but this would be fun. I think we may Ipad it a bit, need to check the homefront a time or two while we will be gone for 3 weeks.
Meet up would be great!
Old 02-07-2013, 02:44 AM   #1423
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I found this wesbsite www.everlater.comwww.everlater.com that allows you to journal a trip, then you can have your journal produced into a book. It has a corresponding iPad app that I am going to use on the trip. You can enter journal entries on the iPad and sync the to the Internet whenever you want! It' s not quite a liv blog, but It will hopefully work for me. Oh yea, you can open the journal as public or password protect it for friends only!
Thanks for the link, gonna check it out!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 AM   #1424
burma
My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

Quote:

We wii try to be there Thursday night we get in@ 2 that day.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #1425
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I found this wesbsite www.everlater.comwww.everlater.com that allows you to journal a trip, then you can have your journal produced into a book. It has a corresponding iPad app that I am going to use on the trip. You can enter journal entries on the iPad and sync the to the Internet whenever you want! It' s not quite a liv blog, but It will hopefully work for me. Oh yea, you can open the journal as public or password protect it for friends only!
This looks pretty good MJ thanks for sharing. Sue
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
2015 Denmark to England!
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: