Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #1366
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrabitdad View Post
Hi All,

We're still going, just haven't had much time to be on the boards.

Just filled out the info for the spreadsheet. Is there a seperate signup for the FE or is the spreadsheet being used for that??

Thanks, Bob & Dale (& Gordy)
It will be great to see you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yensidfan View Post
Hi Bob, Dale & Gordy,

Looking forward to sailing with you guys again. We were able to get our Dining changed to late seating for all of the group, so we will be linking us all after we all book our own excursions.

Do you have any idea of excursions that you are thinking about? Would be interested in your choices and views. Let us know in a pm or email.

Talk to you soon,

Pete & Faith
Good news about late seating!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #1367
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Has anyone looked at airfares? We booked ours in Sept. and now the same seats are now $1,000 more! Boy did we make a great decision to book early!
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #1368
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957
Has anyone looked at airfares? We booked ours in Sept. and now the same seats are now $1,000 more! Boy did we make a great decision to book early!
Just checked mine and it's up as well, almost $1200 .... Yikes ...glad I booked when I did as well!
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM   #1369
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Happy Superbowl Sunday for all our American friends! Enjoy the day!
NanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1370
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanNan
Happy Superbowl Sunday for all our American friends! Enjoy the day!
Thanks we are 49er fans from SF living in Virginia
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 02-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #1371
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Enjoy the game all! How's the weather in Alberta NanNan? It's chilly here in Ontario, but, at least it isn't snowing!
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #1372
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
Enjoy the game all! How's the weather in Alberta NanNan? It's chilly here in Ontario, but, at least it isn't snowing!
Don't jinx us!!!!!
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #1373
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrabitdad View Post
Hi All,

We're still going, just haven't had much time to be on the boards.

Just filled out the info for the spreadsheet. Is there a seperate signup for the FE or is the spreadsheet being used for that??

Thanks, Bob & Dale (& Gordy)
Good to see you again! I think that now that we are four months out, lots of folks will be checking back in and firming up plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USUKMama View Post
I haven't posted in ages, but sadly we are jumping ship. I have a work conflict and can't take time off in June. We are not missing out on the Med all together - we changed to a NCL cruise in August. Not quite the same though

Sophia
Sorry to see you go, but I'm glad you'll still be able to cruise in the Med this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileysgm View Post
You're correct...the same thing has happened to us. They've changed from a Boeing 767 to an Airbus 330 and I'm not happy. I couldn't find a time change on any of our flights, though.
We had booked back in early September and there was just a slight change in the times - seems like we are getting into BCN a little earlier than the original schedule had it - doesn't matter to me - I'm just hopeful that at least one of our rooms at the Renaissance will be available for us to go ahead and check in. If not, we'll store our luggage and find something to do. Speaking of storing our luggage, when we went to the Baltic, another DISer shared a tip with us about pre-packing a daybag with passports, money, etc. ready to go so you won't have to be shifting so much in the hotel lobby. We were fortunate then that our room was ready so we could go ahead and take a shower and get a nap before heading out for a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yensidfan View Post
Looking forward to sailing with you guys again. We were able to get our Dining changed to late seating for all of the group, so we will be linking us all after we all book our own excursions.
Yay for getting your dining situated! Question about linking reservations - if you link them and some people are different levels, does that mean you can't book your excursions until everyone in your linked group can? And when they are linked, does that just mean they'll seat you together at dinner or something different? Just wondering what advantages there are to linking reservations. We had a couple from home who sailed with us in Alaska and she linked our reservations so it forced us to late dining when we wanted main, so we had our TA switch us back to main, but then that switched them to main but they wanted late. They had to get switched back to late once we got onboard because I don't think she realized they had been changed back to main (or why).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
I just checked and our flights are up about $84 over what we paid per ticket - still better than what DCL was charging ($1,818 from ATL to BCN). It shows up at $1,512 today. For a while, I kept checking after we purchased - mostly because I'd been in the habit of checking every day for a drop so we could go ahead and by them.

We aren't watching the Super Bowl but plan to check out the ads online tomorrow

Oh, we did decide what we're doing for excursions for Athens and Ephesus. For Athens, we're going to do the Athens Acropolis and Archaeological Museum with Lunch and for Ephesus, we're doing Ephesus, Didyma and Miletus with Lunch. We have found the "with Lunch" portion of excursions to be hit or miss - in St. Petersburg, we were served still-raw-inside chicken (no thank you) and in Sorrento, we had a fabulous pasta dish. I do like a chance to try local dishes, and it's nice when you have good company as well - we've found that when fellow DISers are on the same excursions, that makes it more fun. Once we all have been able to get our excursions booked, we'll have to see who all are on the same ones - it's fun to have familiar faces to share the experiences with.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #1374
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom

Yay for getting your dining situated! Question about linking reservations - if you link them and some people are different levels, does that mean you can't book your excursions until everyone in your linked group can? And when they are linked, does that just mean they'll seat you together at dinner or something different? Just wondering what advantages there are to linking reservations. We had a couple from home who sailed with us in Alaska and she linked our reservations so it forced us to late dining when we wanted main, so we had our TA switch us back to main, but then that switched them to main but they wanted late. They had to get switched back to late once we got onboard because I don't think she realized they had been changed back to main (or why).

Oh, we did decide what we're doing for excursions for Athens and Ephesus. For Athens, we're going to do the Athens Acropolis and Archaeological Museum with Lunch and for Ephesus, we're doing Ephesus, Didyma and Miletus with Lunch. We have found the "with Lunch" portion of excursions to be hit or miss - in St. Petersburg, we were served still-raw-inside chicken (no thank you) and in Sorrento, we had a fabulous pasta dish. I do like a chance to try local dishes, and it's nice when you have good company as well - we've found that when fellow DISers are on the same excursions, that makes it more fun. Once we all have been able to get our excursions booked, we'll have to see who all are on the same ones - it's fun to have familiar faces to share the experiences with.
If you're linked to someone with a higher CC level, that higher level can book group Palo ressies.....

If you don't care to dine together, then it will cause issues as you described.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #1375
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
Hi MJGirl!
Not bad here in Alberta. Hovering around 0', (that's about 32'F for our American friends). Heard it has been brutal down east. We get the magical chinook winds that take the temp up 20' in just a couple hours and melts the snow!
What part of Ontario are you from? DH is from Toronto but moved out west when he was a teenager.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #1376
NanNan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
Don't jinx us!!!!!
Don't worry, I will send down some warm Chinook winds your way!
Old 02-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #1377
DL1957
DIS Veteran

When we went on the NY to Canada cruise we were Gold and we were travleing with one Silver and one first timer. We were able to make our palo reservations and shore excursions even though the reservations were linked. The only thing we could not do was book everyone for Palo/shore excursions but added to Palo's as their time came up. You may want to check but even if you are linked you should be able to book even if your level is higher.
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #1378
JimmyJackJunior
DIS Veteran

subscribing On the July 13th cruise.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #1379
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

You can book your own stuff when you are linked, but you can't book for the others anymore. We used to be able to book Palo for our friends (with us, so table for 4), but last cruise we couldn't, they had to book when their window opened and it was gone by then. We just added them when we got on board.

Same with excursions, we could only book for ourselves, not them.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #1380
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat
You can book your own stuff when you are linked, but you can't book for the others anymore. We used to be able to book Palo for our friends (with us, so table for 4), but last cruise we couldn't, they had to book when their window opened and it was gone by then. We just added them when we got on board.

Same with excursions, we could only book for ourselves, not them.
I've always booked a table for as many as I needed. But I was concierge then. Dont know how that works non concierge

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: