Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1351
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Here's the info for the spreadsheet for Roll Call and also if you want to join the facebook group.

ROLLCALL FORM

SPREADSHEET

If you want to join the Facebook group, go here to request to join the group.

To see a list of who is sailing from DIS, see the June 15th Cruisers link in my sig line.
If someone can check the spreadsheet and remove those folks that have had to cancel that would be super. I know the 4boons had to transfer to another cruise so I deleted them from the spreadsheet. I know there have been others but I can't seem to find those posts readily.
I just want to make sure we have the spreadsheet accurate if we can!
As a reminder...FE Exchange signup deadline is April 1. The concensus a while back was that we would not do a daily sign up for delivering the FE gifts...we'll just leave it up to folks.
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #1352
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath

Cool! We're Platinum too but we never receive any emails from DCL...oh well.
We designated email notices from DCL maybe that is why we got it.
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #1353
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
If we had a Change of plans where would you like to see the magic take us?
Just curious
The Croatia stop would be nice.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #1354
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath View Post
If someone can check the spreadsheet and remove those folks that have had to cancel that would be super. I know the 4boons had to transfer to another cruise so I deleted them from the spreadsheet. I know there have been others but I can't seem to find those posts readily.
As a reminder...FE Exchange signup deadline is April 1. The concensus a while back was that we would not do a daily sign up for delivering the FE gifts...we'll just leave it up to folks.
I went through the spreadsheet and removed the people that I knew had said they were no longer sailing with us, but we do have folks on the list that haven't posted in ages, so maybe it's worth sending a PM to those we haven't heard from in a while so they can "check in" if they are still planning to sail and would like to participate in any of the Meet activities we might end up planning.

Speaking of Meet activities, do you all want to schedule a brief meet-and-greet for the first day onboard? And what about for the first Sea Day for those who might not be able to make it to a sail-away meet and greet? I personally love getting to put faces with the names I've become familiar with early on in the cruise as it's nice to have friendly faces to say hi to when passing. We've found that the Promenade Lounge is a good place for a sailing day meet and greet, usually 30-minutes or so before safety drill. We obviously don't have to decide right away but could start thinking about if we want to do something particular.

Also, we'll be staying at the Renaissance Barcelona arriving on Thursday morning and would be happy to Meet and Greet on Thursday and/or Friday evening in the lobby of the hotel for anyone else who is staying there (or makes their way over). If you think you'd be interested, PM me and I'd be glad to host. We've done that before and find that it's a good way to share port-city touring tips ... we got a great tip in London about how to not have a long line to see the crown jewels at the Tower by meeting up with other DISers the first night while we still had a whole other day to tour London.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #1355
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Speaking of Meet activities, do you all want to schedule a brief meet-and-greet for the first day onboard? And what about for the first Sea Day for those who might not be able to make it to a sail-away meet and greet? I personally love getting to put faces with the names I've become familiar with early on in the cruise as it's nice to have friendly faces to say hi to when passing. We've found that the Promenade Lounge is a good place for a sailing day meet and greet, usually 30-minutes or so before safety drill. We obviously don't have to decide right away but could start thinking about if we want to do something particular.
I would be interested in this! DS2 turns 7 on our last sea day so I have told him if he meets a few friends we could try to have a "party" for him. I have noticed lots of others with kids in the 5-10 range so it would be great if the kids could meet outside of the clubs.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #1356
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Well, we're arriving on the Wednesday before sailing so we'll have 2 full days of Barcelona. Whether our luggage will arrive at the same time is entirely a different story (2 connections before arriving ... travelling on points is a real eye opener)

We're staying at the Barcelona Universal. I booked it myself on Expedia. The reviews seem ok.

I've been lax in my trip research. Reality is setting in so I better start reading. LOL I have to think of when I should call DCL up and request a particular server too... I can't remember when I did that last time ...
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #1357
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I went through the spreadsheet and removed the people that I knew had said they were no longer sailing with us, but we do have folks on the list that haven't posted in ages, so maybe it's worth sending a PM to those we haven't heard from in a while so they can "check in" if they are still planning to sail and would like to participate in any of the Meet activities we might end up planning.

Also, we'll be staying at the Renaissance Barcelona arriving on Thursday morning and would be happy to Meet and Greet on Thursday and/or Friday evening in the lobby of the hotel for anyone else who is staying there (or makes their way over). If you think you'd be interested, PM me and I'd be glad to host. We've done that before and find that it's a good way to share port-city touring tips ... we got a great tip in London about how to not have a long line to see the crown jewels at the Tower by meeting up with other DISers the first night while we still had a whole other day to tour London.
DH and BFF will be there as well since we are on the same flight we can touch base with you. By the way our seats and my DSIS/DBIL who come in the next daygot changed on the Alanta/Barcelona flight both coming and going .
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #1358
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath View Post
I am not on Facebook (yeah, I know, I need to get with the times!), but we would like to be in the FE Exchange. Can I still join, and can I get a list/spreadsheet of all the participants?

We'd love to meet and greet too. We are staying at the Hilton Diagonal for 2 nights before the cruise.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #1359
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA

I am not on Facebook (yeah, I know, I need to get with the times!), but we would like to be in the FE Exchange. Can I still join, and can I get a list/spreadsheet of all the participants?

We'd love to meet and greet too. We are staying at the Hilton Diagonal for 2 nights before the cruise.
Not a problem. Will share in both places.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #1360
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957

DH and BFF will be there as well since we are on the same flight we can touch base with you. By the way our seats and my DSIS/DBIL who come in the next daygot changed on the Alanta/Barcelona flight both coming and going .
I think Delta changed the aircraft. We had a time change alert several weeks ago and I noticed our seats had also slightly changed... Different configuration of the plane.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 PM   #1361
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom

I think Delta changed the aircraft. We had a time change alert several weeks ago and I noticed our seats had also slightly changed... Different configuration of the plane.
Gee. Havent ckd mine in a while.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #1362
wrabitdad
Traveling companions with Gordy "The World Traveler"

Hi All,

We're still going, just haven't had much time to be on the boards.

Just filled out the info for the spreadsheet. Is there a seperate signup for the FE or is the spreadsheet being used for that??

Thanks, Bob & Dale (& Gordy)

WDW too many to list (at least 2X/year since honeymoon in 1987!); DLP 1997; DL 2001, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2011 & 2013
DCL Magic July 1998 Maiden Voyage; DCL Wonder Sept 2000; DCL Magic (western) Dec 2002; DCL Wonder Nov 2003; DCL Magic (eastern) Dec 2003 DCL Magic (eastern) May 2004; DCL Wonder Nov 2004; DCL Magic (western) Dec 2004
DCL Magic May 2005 1st Panama Canal Crossing (westbound)
DCL Wonder Nov 2005; DCL Magic (eastern) May 2006; DCL Wonder 1st 11 Night Southern Caribbean Sep 2006
DCL Wonder Oct 2006 Halloween; DCL Magic May 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing (eastbound); DCL Magic May 2007 1st Mediterranean
DCL Wonder Nov 2007; DCL Magic Aug 2008 Panama Canal Crossing (eastbound);
DCL Magic Sept 2008 1st Magic 5N 2X CC; DCL Magic Nov 2008 (western);
DCL Wonder March 2009; DCL Magic Apr 2009 1st Tortola (eastern); Magic Nov 2009 (eastern, St Croix);
DCL Magic June 2010 1st Barcelona-Dover repo; DCL Magic June 2010 1st Northern Europe; DCL Magic Nov 2010 (western; 2X CC); DCL Magic Dec 2010 New Years 5N 2X CC; DCL Dream Jan 2011 Maiden Voyage; DCL Dream Jan 2011 Inaugural; DCL Wonder April 2011 1st LA-Vancouver Repo; DCL Wonder May 2011 1st Alaska; DCL Magic Sept 2011 Transatlantic Crossing (westbound); DCL Fantasy March 2012 Maiden Voyage; DCL Wonder April 2012 1st Hawaii; Disney Magic June 2012 1st NYC-Canada; DCL Wonder Oct 2012 2nd Hawaii; DCL Fantasy Dec 2012(eastern, Puerto Rico); DCL Magic June 2013 1st Greece; DCL Magic June 2013 1st Venice; DCL Wonder Sep 2013 Alaska; DCL Wonder Sept. 2013 Vancouver-LA Repo; DCL Fantasy Nov 2013 (eastern); DCL Wonder 1st 9N Alaska w/Sitka May 2014; DCL Magic Transatlantic Crossing (westbound) Sep 2014; DCL Magic 1st 7N Southern Caribbean Sep 2014; DCL Magic 1st 9N Norwegian Fjords June 2015; DCL Magic 1st 11N Copenhagen-Dover Repo w/Iceland June 2015; DCL Wonder 1st Vancouver-Hawaii & Hawaii-Vancouver (B2B) September 2015
wrabitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #1363
USUKMama
Mouseketeer

Jumping Ship

I haven't posted in ages, but sadly we are jumping ship. I have a work conflict and can't take time off in June. We are not missing out on the Med all together - we changed to a NCL cruise in August. Not quite the same though

Sophia
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #1364
baileysgm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom

You're correct...the same thing has happened to us. They've changed from a Boeing 767 to an Airbus 330 and I'm not happy. I couldn't find a time change on any of our flights, though.
baileysgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #1365
Yensidfan
Mouseketeer

Hi Bob, Dale & Gordy,

Looking forward to sailing with you guys again. We were able to get our Dining changed to late seating for all of the group, so we will be linking us all after we all book our own excursions.

Do you have any idea of excursions that you are thinking about? Would be interested in your choices and views. Let us know in a pm or email.

Talk to you soon,

Pete & Faith

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrabitdad View Post
Hi All,

We're still going, just haven't had much time to be on the boards.

Just filled out the info for the spreadsheet. Is there a seperate signup for the FE or is the spreadsheet being used for that??

Thanks, Bob & Dale (& Gordy)
Yensidfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: