Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2012, 01:24 PM   #901
NAG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
When are you flying out of Toronto? I'm on the June 12 flight direct flight. Not flying back until June 30. Doing a side trip to Venice
Leaving on the 12th @5:55....until they change the flight times which seems to happen a lot. Last year we came back through New York. They changed our return trip so that we actually had to land at JFK and somehow make it to Laguardia to complete the trip to Chicago ....A couple phone calls later, we were on a partner airline from Heathrow direct to Chicago.
NAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #902
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAG View Post
Leaving on the 12th @5:55....until they change the flight times which seems to happen a lot. Last year we came back through New York. They changed our return trip so that we actually had to land at JFK and somehow make it to Laguardia to complete the trip to Chicago ....A couple phone calls later, we were on a partner airline from Heathrow direct to Chicago.
Looks like we are on the same flight ... We are in row 18 .. How much time do you have at Pearson before the flight leaves? We should arrange to meet for coffee. It will be just my daughter and I. We live an hour outside of Toronto, so it is the first leg of the journey for us. We will be there around 2:30 - 3:00
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-27-2012, 03:19 PM   #903
NAG
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Looks like we are on the same flight ... We are in row 18 .. How much time do you have at Pearson before the flight leaves? We should arrange to meet for coffee. It will be just my daughter and I. We live an hour outside of Toronto, so it is the first leg of the journey for us. We will be there around 2:30 - 3:00
We actually have a 6 hour layover , so we were considering grabbing a cab to the Hard Rock Toronto. I guess its a long ride, so we're not sure when exactly when we'd get back to the airport. But either there or after would be good. We are in rows 19 & 20 on the right side of the plane.
NAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #904
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAG View Post
We actually have a 6 hour layover , so we were considering grabbing a cab to the Hard Rock Toronto. I guess its a long ride, so we're not sure when exactly when we'd get back to the airport. But either there or after would be good. We are in rows 19 & 20 on the right side of the plane.
We're in seats A & C, I think we are right in front of you!! How funny is that!

Oops ... think we are on the left side ?? I got it wrong

Last edited by MJGirl; 09-27-2012 at 10:46 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:34 AM   #905
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We did this on our Med cruise in 2007 - another DIS family was on the same flight - we just met at the Gate, and as it turned out, we hit it off so well that we hung out a lot on the cruise itself, and we cruised together another time after that. We always scope out other passengers to see if they might be cruising with us - sometimes we do find other cruisers - or even if we don't know that then, when we see them on board, we're like - hey - you were on our flight!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:16 PM   #906
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

On our Hawaiian cruise, the couple seated behind us were on our cruise, and on the same with the Alaskan cruise. They say things come in threes!

Also .. check out the Disney Park Blog .. they have a video highlighting Venice tours, and said to look for Turkey excursions next!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #907
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl
On our Hawaiian cruise, the couple seated behind us were on our cruise, and on the same with the Alaskan cruise. They say things come in threes!

Also .. check out the Disney Park Blog .. they have a video highlighting Venice tours, and said to look for Turkey excursions next!!!!
Yay

Old 10-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #908
DL1957
DIS Veteran

DH BFF and I are going out of Alanta on Delta at 5:30 on 6/12. Anyone going on that flight? Last time we flew into Spain we met up with quite a few DCL folks in Alanta. Sue
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
2015 Denmark to England!
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #909
Disneyfalcon
DIS Veteran

Wow, I had so much to catch up on! I haen't checked in for a while!

How exciting to see everyone's plans!

We still haven't bought our flights. We're kind of waiting to see what the Air Force has planned for us next summer. Hubby will hopefully be between assignments and if so we are hoping to stay a few extra days to visit Disneyland Paris. But we really need to know what the next assignment is to know if that will work out.

It would also be nice to know where we are flying out of!

Of course if we see an incredible price, I'd probably jump on it since we can get to DC from wherever we move, but it would be nice to know for sure.

I'm not too worried yet. Last time we did the Med we found great prices about 3 months before the cruise.

Surely we'll know something by then! Surely?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #910
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
DH BFF and I are going out of Alanta on Delta at 5:30 on 6/12. Anyone going on that flight? Last time we flew into Spain we met up with quite a few DCL folks in Alanta. Sue
Yes, we are!

Old 10-01-2012, 11:26 AM   #911
wvuflu
Earning My Ears

Flying out of RIC on 6/12

Our family of 4 (DH, DD 10, DS 8, and myself) are flying out of Richmond on 6/12 on United and connecting through Dulles (10:05pm) on the overnight Lufthansa flight through Munich and on to BCN. Anyone else??

I'm in the process of booking a hotel for 4 too, what a nightmare...
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:21 PM   #912
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Yes, we are!
We will be flying in from Newport News Williamsburg. There are 3 of us and we are in rows 18 and 19! We will have to look for each other at the airport.
Are you staying at the Marriott ( I forget the other name of the hotel)? That is where we are staying.
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
2015 Denmark to England!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #913
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuflu View Post
Our family of 4 (DH, DD 10, DS 8, and myself) are flying out of Richmond on 6/12 on United and connecting through Dulles (10:05pm) on the overnight Lufthansa flight through Munich and on to BCN. Anyone else??

I'm in the process of booking a hotel for 4 too, what a nightmare...
Too bad we are not the far from each other but we are going through Alanta with no stops in Europe. We live in Williamsburg just down the road from you.
I have a life long friend who has been a flight attendent for Lufthansa since PanAM sold their European routes in the 1980s. Sometimes he comes to DC. I will check closer to the trip to see if he is on the flight! Sue
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
2015 Denmark to England!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #914
wvuflu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We will be flying in from Newport News Williamsburg. There are 3 of us and we are in rows 18 and 19! We will have to look for each other at the airport.
Are you staying at the Marriott ( I forget the other name of the hotel)? That is where we are staying.
That's awesome! I think we're in row 31 right now, DH should be platinum premier before we go, so hopefully we can all move to economy plus.

We are staying at the Renaissance in downtown, is that the same one?

This is truly amazing! Same flights and possibly same hotels, and we're an hour apart? I can't believe I didn't know about this board sooner.
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 01:31 PM   #915
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are driving to ATL on June 11th and will either spend the night with my brother or at a nearby hotel pre-flight. We are in rows 32 and 33 on the right side of the plane if you're facing rear (so as you board). We are staying at the Renaissance Barcelona pre-cruise. It was a little less money (like $8 US) per night for the two rooms. We will probably get to the airport super-early, and we'd definitely like to meet and greet while waiting! What time is your flight scheduled to arrive from NNW?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: