Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 07:48 PM   #871
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrudyen
Just booked airfare for 4(2A,2C) for 3993$ with Air Canada, from Calgary,AB. Can't wait.
Welcome!
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:26 PM   #872
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
I've booked the 3D dessert party ... The desserts are made by different restaurants and bakeries. I've heard that Babycakes in NYC will be there! I can't wait! It also includes 3D Fireworks !

We attended the 3D dessert party the first year it was offered and LOVED it. The only thing we thought could be improved up on was variety (I had different expectations based on Party for the Senses) but what they did have was really good. We talked about attending last year and this year but our daughter is now the age where we have to buy her a ticket and we thought we'd wait a few years until she's older. The 3D Fireworks were very cool! Enjoy.....mindelmouse, sorry your experience wasn't as nice.
890537 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #873
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
MJ I asked and a few of the crew said Ponz has left DCL. We had a great time on the Magic and she looked in good form and ready for all of us to sail on her next year. I had two different CM tell me that dry dock in 2013 is going to be in Spain not Venice! Sue
Oh no ... how could Ponz leave without saying goodbye ... In May I was told he was still on the Wonder, just on vacation at the time. Hope he isn't gone for good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrudyen View Post
Just booked airfare for 4(2A,2C) for 3993$ with Air Canada, from Calgary,AB. Can't wait.
I ended up paying $2300 for 2A on Lufthansa from Toronto, but we are on an Air Canada flight for the first leg. This includes Toronto to Barcelona, Barcelona to Venice, Venice to Toronto. When I priced it out on Air Canada's site, I was quoted 2100 for Toronto to Barcelona, Barcelona to Venice, so worked out cheaper using Expedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 890537 View Post
We attended the 3D dessert party the first year it was offered and LOVED it. The only thing we thought could be improved up on was variety (I had different expectations based on Party for the Senses) but what they did have was really good. We talked about attending last year and this year but our daughter is now the age where we have to buy her a ticket and we thought we'd wait a few years until she's older. The 3D Fireworks were very cool! Enjoy.....mindelmouse, sorry your experience wasn't as nice.
Thanks for the info ... I'm so looking forward to this. We splurged and spent the extra for the reserved seating for the dessert party ... includes a special gift bag !!!
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM   #874
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I knew not to look... Our Delta flights are $40 less today than when we bought them. But yesterday they were $40 more than when we bought them.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #875
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I figured out what we're going to do for Fish Extenders! I'm usually last minute on these, and with doing both cruises and needing to not have too much weight, I figured out what we're going to do! We will keep them simple and hopefully you all will find them of use - and they won't take up space in your luggage for your return trip home! Now to order materials

FWIW, I'm copying what someone else did for us on our Alaskan cruise and we still use it!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:40 PM   #876
seaulater
FIRST TO MAGICALLY CROSS FROM KINGDOM TO KINGDOM AND FROM THE EAST TO THE MED!

Just a quick check in. I have our hotel booked at the Hilton Diagonal Mar the night before the cruise. Been watching airfares from Salt Lake City, but waiting for them to go down. There is a direct flight everyday from here to Paris, so may book that and then hop over the Barcelona.

We are also B2B, and have been to the Med before, so we are not too worried at this point.

In the meantime, we have a couple of cruises before then. Actually, have been watching for a deal on the December 15th 6 night out of Galveston, and just got a great cruise rate today, so my daughter and I will be going on that cruise as soon as college breaks for the holidays. She is trying to get a couple more friends to join us also.

So for sure, a cruise Nov 8 on the Dream and then Dec 15 on the Magic and then we will see if we can survive for 6 months before we get back on a Disney ship again!
Magic 2/12/99; 10/7/00; 12/18/04 (1st 10 day Christmas Cruise); 5/14/05 (1st Panama Canal Cruise); 5/12/07 (1st EB to the Med); 7/18/07 (Meditteranean); 11/17/07 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 5/10/08 (2nd WB Panama Canal Cruise);9/1/08 (5 night double-dip); 6/5/10 and 6/12/10 (Jamie's high school graduation cruise-3 weeks on the Magic!); New Year's Eve Cruise 12/29/10; 7/13/12 2 Night NY Cruise to No Where; 12/15/12 6 Night Cruise from Galveston; 6/15/13 Inaugural Cruise to Greece; 6/27/13 Inaugural Cruise to Venice 7/9/13 4 Night to Mallorca Spain; First on the Reimagined Magic 10/25/13 2 night cruise; Second on the Reimagined Magic 10/27/13 5 night cruise (displaced from 10/20); 12/18/13 (the emergency gallbladder surgery cruise); 3/28/14; 4/7/14; 6/26/14 Inaugural Cruise from Venice; 7/5/14 9 night cruise; 7/14/14 Inaugural Cruise Venice to Barcelona Wonder 3/23/00; 11/14/02; 9/4/05 (DVC Member Cruise) 9/17/06 (1st 11 Night); 10/22/06 (DVC Member Cruise); 4/5/07 (mom/dtr BD trip); 10/21/07 (DVC Member Cruise) and BTB 10/25/07; 2/28/08; 9/21/08 (DVC Member Cruise); 10/26/08 1st Don Ducky Williams Art Showcase Cruise; 4/9/09 mom/dtr BD trip); 8/13/09 (10 yr. Wonder Anniversary Cruise); 9/13/09 (DVC Member Cruise); 11/25/09 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 4/15/10 (Jamie's 18th birthday 4/16 cruise with dinner in Palo's); 4/27/11 Repo from Long Beach to Vancouver; 5/3/11 Disney's First Alaska Cruise; 8/30/11 Last Alaska Cruise for the season!; 4/29/12 First cruise to Hawaii!; Easter 4/18/14
Dream Maiden Voyage 1/26/11; 4321 Cruise 11/8/12 Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/31/12;Birthday Cruise 5/10/14
seaulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:51 PM   #877
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaulater View Post
So for sure, a cruise Nov 8 on the Dream and then Dec 15 on the Magic and then we will see if we can survive for 6 months before we get back on a Disney ship again!
How fun - and each of your cruises will be so different - we enjoy cruising around the holidays - it's different than regular cruises.

We are so excited about being able to do B2B - I've been trying to figure out who all will be B2B'ing with us.

Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #878
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer

New to this thread

Hi all!

I booked for this cruise back in February, got my pre and post hotels in June and my plane tickets 2 weeks ago. I just hadn't looked for a thread until now. You all seem like a great group. I'll be adding myself to the roll call list.

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. Traveling with my Mom and Daughter (13 at cruise date). It's my daughter's graduation trip so she chose this cruise and I'm letting her choose all of our activities this time (I have veto power, but don't think I'll need to use it). A lot of helpful info here from the experienced Disney Med cruisers.Thank you!

I saw there's some opposition to an FB page, but if there ever becomes one (for those who expressed interested and who have FB) I'm in. I follow both DIS and FB for my upcoming December 2012 on the Fantasy and it's been fun for me. Plus I like that it's not open to the public. I just don't want to be the admin.

My Disney Adventures
Disney Magic Inaugural Greek Cruise: June 15, 2013
Disneyland/California Adventure: April 4, 2013
Disney Fantasy: December 29, 2012
Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot: December 25, 2012
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 17, 2012 (Opening week of Cars Land and Mad T Party)
Disneyland/California Adventure: March 2012
Became DVC Member: December 28, 2011,
First Disney Cruise: December 24, 2011, Magic
Magic Kingdom and Epcot: January 2011
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 2007
My Daughter’s first trip to Disneyland: December 31, 2001
Animal Kingdom: August 1999
Epcot: June 1997
Disneyland: July 1994
Disneyland: June 1991
Disneyland: April 1987
First trip to Disneyland: November 29, 1986
MoonDaughter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #879
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
well I did find this

He looks very Greek. Am sure he's likely copyrighted though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Dom over on the creative thread did this...

I love these pics! And I love the "Greece is the Word" many of you are using on your signatures. I think I'll add it to mine too.

Are there any plans for a group T-shirt? If not would the creators be offended if I make T-shirts for my family?

My Disney Adventures
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 17, 2012 (Opening week of Cars Land and Mad T Party)
MoonDaughter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #880
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Well, you won't believe our itinerary for getting to Barcelona.

I booked our flights yesterday and I wanted to use my Aeroplan points (Star Alliance) because I've got a bunch and a bunch due to expire next year AND to offset the cost of what will be an expensive cruise.)

It is the most ridiculous routing but it could have gotten worse before it gets better so I took the flights.

Toronto to London Heathrow to Zurich to Barcelona

We're stopping in London for a few days after the cruise but we have to connect in Geneva to get to London.

Not to mention the fact that I waited one day too long and because of that, I missed out on a better itinerary AND the day I actually wanted to fly. Consequently, we get to spend 2.5 days in Barcelona instead of the original 1. I hadn't planned on seeing much of Barcelona but that's now changed. LOL

Let's hope our luggage follows us everywhere!
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #881
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDaughter23 View Post
Hi all!

I booked for this cruise back in February, got my pre and post hotels in June and my plane tickets 2 weeks ago. I just hadn't looked for a thread until now. You all seem like a great group. I'll be adding myself to the roll call list.

This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. Traveling with my Mom and Daughter (13 at cruise date). It's my daughter's graduation trip so she chose this cruise and I'm letting her choose all of our activities this time (I have veto power, but don't think I'll need to use it). A lot of helpful info here from the experienced Disney Med cruisers.Thank you!

I saw there's some opposition to an FB page, but if there ever becomes one (for those who expressed interested and who have FB) I'm in. I follow both DIS and FB for my upcoming December 2012 on the Fantasy and it's been fun for me. Plus I like that it's not open to the public. I just don't want to be the admin.

Welcome! I added you to the Who's Sailing list which is the unofficial list - thanks for adding yourself to the Roll Call spreadsheet. I think it's great that your DD will get to choose what to do - there are so many skills that she'll develop as she goes through the offerings and figures out what interests her and fits into the schedule. When I was in middle school, my favorite assignment was for 7th grade social studies when we had to plan a trip through our state. This was before the days of the internet so we had to write to Chambers of Commerce to get brochures, etc. I think that's when I became hooked on travel planning!

A few folks have asked about doing a FB page but no one has set one up. There's one for the next cruise that we're doing but I find that most of the planning stuff is still done here on the DIS and the FB is more getting us connected as "friends" on FB to become better acquainted in "real life" sort of ways.

Quote:
I love these pics! And I love the "Greece is the Word" many of you are using on your signatures. I think I'll add it to mine too.

Are there any plans for a group T-shirt? If not would the creators be offended if I make T-shirts for my family?
As far as I know, no one has mentioned doing group T-shirts. We did them once for a cruise and then we all met in the Atrium while wearing them and had the Shutters guy do a group picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
Well, you won't believe our itinerary for getting to Barcelona.

I booked our flights yesterday and I wanted to use my Aeroplan points (Star Alliance) because I've got a bunch and a bunch due to expire next year AND to offset the cost of what will be an expensive cruise.)

It is the most ridiculous routing but it could have gotten worse before it gets better so I took the flights.

Toronto to London Heathrow to Zurich to Barcelona

We're stopping in London for a few days after the cruise but we have to connect in Geneva to get to London.

Not to mention the fact that I waited one day too long and because of that, I missed out on a better itinerary AND the day I actually wanted to fly. Consequently, we get to spend 2.5 days in Barcelona instead of the original 1. I hadn't planned on seeing much of Barcelona but that's now changed. LOL

Let's hope our luggage follows us everywhere!
Wow- I would be afraid of my luggage not making it with me, and if it didn't make it, how long it might take to "catch up." I would definitely put your "final destination" on your luggage tags - maybe that's the advantage to having 2 1/2 days in Barcelona - you have a cushion of time there, so you won't need it because your luggage won't get lost - where if you only had a day, then you'd have to worry. (DH tells me I'm a worrier.) We loved London and would love to go back for more time there. We will have 1 1/2 days in Barcelona (I figure once we arrive at the hotel, if we can get into our room, we'll crash for a couple of hours before I make everyone get up and get out to start getting through the jet-lag.) We're figuring out what we want to do while there and have a pretty good plan for how to spend the day and see the city - we were there for a few hours in 2007 and nodded off the whole time we were on the HOHO bus but do remember some of what we got to see! When we went to London, we were able to get into our room when we checked in, so we all got a shower and then had a nap - the shower did way more to refresh us than the nap did - I let everyone rest for two hours and then made them get up so we could get out and explore. We had a meet and greet at the hotel lobby with other DISers at 7 p.m. that night and as soon as we were done chatting with them, we were ready for bed (LOL).

Old 09-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #882
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all!

Welcome, like you I follow both Dis and FB. Sue
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #883
seaulater
FIRST TO MAGICALLY CROSS FROM KINGDOM TO KINGDOM AND FROM THE EAST TO THE MED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Wow- I would be afraid of my luggage not making it with me, and if it didn't make it, how long it might take to "catch up." I would definitely put your "final destination" on your luggage tags - maybe that's the advantage to having 2 1/2 days in Barcelona - you have a cushion of time there, so you won't need it because your luggage won't get lost - where if you only had a day, then you'd have to worry. (DH tells me I'm a worrier.) We loved London and would love to go back for more time there. We will have 1 1/2 days in Barcelona (I figure once we arrive at the hotel, if we can get into our room, we'll crash for a couple of hours before I make everyone get up and get out to start getting through the jet-lag.) We're figuring out what we want to do while there and have a pretty good plan for how to spend the day and see the city - we were there for a few hours in 2007 and nodded off the whole time we were on the HOHO bus but do remember some of what we got to see! When we went to London, we were able to get into our room when we checked in, so we all got a shower and then had a nap - the shower did way more to refresh us than the nap did - I let everyone rest for two hours and then made them get up so we could get out and explore. We had a meet and greet at the hotel lobby with other DISers at 7 p.m. that night and as soon as we were done chatting with them, we were ready for bed (LOL).
In 2007 when we did the Med the first time, there was alot of luggage that did not make it (I think over 60 bags). By the end of the 10 nights, there were still about 30 missing bags that never caught up with us. The problem seemed to be for those flying from the US that they changed carriers in like Atlanta or Miami or New York. So they would fly domestically in the US and then connect to like Aer Lingus or British Airways and from what we were told that if the flight was overweight, that those changing carriers generally got their luggage bumped.

We flew Delta the whole way and had no problems with luggage coming.

However, someone I know at DCL that was dealing with all these luggage issues suggested that if you have say four people travelling, instead of putting all of dad's luggage in one suitcase, mom's in anothers, kids in each of their own, that instead you spread out the luggage so if you are missing a bag you aren't missing all of someone's stuff. So in 2010 when we did it again, my daughter and I split up clothing so we had it spread out just in case our luggage didn't follow us. On that trip we did Delta to London and then connected to Gilbratrar on Ryan Air, because we couldn't make Barcelona because of her high school graduation.

Luckily our luggage all arrived, but in case it didn't, at least one of us wouldn't have been without clothes for the trip.
Magic 2/12/99; 10/7/00; 12/18/04 (1st 10 day Christmas Cruise); 5/14/05 (1st Panama Canal Cruise); 5/12/07 (1st EB to the Med); 7/18/07 (Meditteranean); 11/17/07 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 5/10/08 (2nd WB Panama Canal Cruise);9/1/08 (5 night double-dip); 6/5/10 and 6/12/10 (Jamie's high school graduation cruise-3 weeks on the Magic!); New Year's Eve Cruise 12/29/10; 7/13/12 2 Night NY Cruise to No Where; 12/15/12 6 Night Cruise from Galveston; 6/15/13 Inaugural Cruise to Greece; 6/27/13 Inaugural Cruise to Venice 7/9/13 4 Night to Mallorca Spain; First on the Reimagined Magic 10/25/13 2 night cruise; Second on the Reimagined Magic 10/27/13 5 night cruise (displaced from 10/20); 12/18/13 (the emergency gallbladder surgery cruise); 3/28/14; 4/7/14; 6/26/14 Inaugural Cruise from Venice; 7/5/14 9 night cruise; 7/14/14 Inaugural Cruise Venice to Barcelona Wonder 3/23/00; 11/14/02; 9/4/05 (DVC Member Cruise) 9/17/06 (1st 11 Night); 10/22/06 (DVC Member Cruise); 4/5/07 (mom/dtr BD trip); 10/21/07 (DVC Member Cruise) and BTB 10/25/07; 2/28/08; 9/21/08 (DVC Member Cruise); 10/26/08 1st Don Ducky Williams Art Showcase Cruise; 4/9/09 mom/dtr BD trip); 8/13/09 (10 yr. Wonder Anniversary Cruise); 9/13/09 (DVC Member Cruise); 11/25/09 (Thanksgiving Cruise); 4/15/10 (Jamie's 18th birthday 4/16 cruise with dinner in Palo's); 4/27/11 Repo from Long Beach to Vancouver; 5/3/11 Disney's First Alaska Cruise; 8/30/11 Last Alaska Cruise for the season!; 4/29/12 First cruise to Hawaii!; Easter 4/18/14
Dream Maiden Voyage 1/26/11; 4321 Cruise 11/8/12 Fantasy Maiden Voyage 3/31/12;Birthday Cruise 5/10/14
seaulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #884
burma
My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

Paid off the trip today
I was GTY when I got my email confirmation of final payment there was a room number on there. I guess we are excited was hoping for the upgrade to a 1 br ... so we are on deck 8 any thoughts about this we have read good and bad reviews ... input is appreciated.

Thanks !!!
Old 09-21-2012, 07:43 PM   #885
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Welcome! I added you to the Who's Sailing list which is the unofficial list - thanks for adding yourself to the Roll Call spreadsheet. I think it's great that your DD will get to choose what to do - there are so many skills that she'll develop as she goes through the offerings and figures out what interests her and fits into the schedule. When I was in middle school, my favorite assignment was for 7th grade social studies when we had to plan a trip through our state. This was before the days of the internet so we had to write to Chambers of Commerce to get brochures, etc. I think that's when I became hooked on travel planning!
That sounds like a cool project.

Over the summer we went to the library and my daughter has read 3 books on Spain and/or Barcelona (Rick Steves being one of them made me proud) She made a list of everything she wants to see during our 2 1/2 days there. I haven't gotten the list for the other places yet, but she's been working on it in her free from mega homework and school activities schedule. But I'm not worried. The hardest part of the planning is done for me.

My Disney Adventures