Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #856
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver
What is DCL 'recommended' time to get an outbound flight on our return date? I can book a flight out at 11:55 a.m. This will put me back in Chicago at 5:00 p.m. that night. I can save the cost of a hotel room and food the day/night of June 27. I will be spending time in the Barcellona area the week before the cruise, thus seeing Barcellona will have aready been accomplished.
You should be fine with that time; just make sure you file your flight info with DCL because they can put you in early disembarkation. We are staying two nights pre and one night post because our return flight is earlier than we felt comfortable with. In 2007 we flew home the same day and were beat down tired. Coming back from the Baltic we spent two nights post cruise in London and it was better. I think what happens is we stay up entirely too late on the last night of the cruise but we will go to bed at a reasonable our when at a hotel so we are more rested when we head for home.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 05:35 AM   #857
Tired mom of 3 boys
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom

You should be fine with that time; just make sure you file your flight info with DCL because they can put you in early disembarkation. We are staying two nights pre and one night post because our return flight is earlier than we felt comfortable with. In 2007 we flew home the same day and were beat down tired. Coming back from the Baltic we spent two nights post cruise in London and it was better. I think what happens is we stay up entirely too late on the last night of the cruise but we will go to bed at a reasonable our when at a hotel so we are more rested when we head for home.
We're out at 12:05 that day and our TA had no problems putting the info in with DCL....
Tired mom of 3 boys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #858
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

So, if you were holding out for airfare...

...and are looking to splurge on business class, go to American's website asap. I finally booked our flights last night after getting my weekly Kayak fare tracker email. I looked at it, then immediately started looking to see if I could duplicate the fare quoted ($2300-ish, round-trip, from both Seattle or San Francisco). It required us leaving the 13th from SFO instead of the 12th, but I'm good with that. I just looked again to see if the fares are still there, and it appears they are....

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 07:36 AM   #859
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
Thanks for the responses. I called DCL air deviation and still can't figure out why they are so secretive about everything if they can tell me how much the flight is they should be able to tell me flight numbers. either way I found the flights we wanted on Air France out of Boston, so I will call and cancel Disney Air today. With that said do I drop the insurance too?
They don't actually book the flights until 45-60 days out - they contract with the airlines for prices - it's why they want $1818 for me to fly from ATL to BCN but I can book it myself (same flight, based on experience) for $1427. They also cannot change the airfare when the prices go up or down - it's fixed at that price. Our TA checked for us late last week to see if there was any negotiation room.

So we're going to book on our own - just haven't pulled the trigger because we're deciding if we want to rent a car and drive to ATL the day before or if we want to try to book from our home town and worry about flight delays that morning. I priced out one-way rentals to drive to ATL so we don't have to pay to park for a month or leave our car at my brother's house for a month (he's tight on parking space but usually lets us do that for two weeks - we've not done it for a month before). Home to ATL is $52, but ATL to home is $150.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #860
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

We did it. We booked airfare this morning. ATL to BCN, leaving June 12th on the red-eye. We got four seats together - two and two - so we're set for the flight. We have two nights booked at the Renaissance Barcelona through DCL pre-cruise. We are saving over $1,100 by doing air on our own even after adding back in travel insurance. Definitely enough to make it worth booking on our own.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #861
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

I did it too!! Flights are booked! Arriving on the 13th, then flying to Venice on the 27th and home on the 30th. Flight from Barcelona to Venice departs at 12:30 and DCL confirmed this is fine. I booked with Lufthansa ... They confirmed that since I am booked on one ticket, I won't have to pay any extra for the checked bag on the Barcelona/Venice flight. I got a direct flight to Barcelona, but the other two flights have a layover in Frankfurt, Germany, a short layover, so no chance of seeing Frankfurt.

Does anyone know what it would cost for a taxi from the ship to the airport?? Disney is charging $60 for transfers for the two of us? Wondering if a taxi would be cheaper??

I also checked on tips and Disney said the recommended amount is $288 for the two of us! Not sure if this has been mentioned or not?

Finally ... Has anyone been on the Magic lately (Sue) .. I was wondering if Ponz was back on the Magic??? I know he was on the Wonder before our Hawaiian cruise.
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #862
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
The staff at EPCOT did the dessert party for DCL on our Bahamas cruise and I must say if you're doing the party for the desserts you will probably be disappointed. They are not great. We did it for the fireworks seats which we didn't end up getting. ( long story). Got most of our money refunded.
I've booked the 3D dessert party ... The desserts are made by different restaurants and bakeries. I've heard that Babycakes in NYC will be there! I can't wait! It also includes 3D Fireworks !
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #863
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
I did it too!! Flights are booked! Arriving on the 13th, then flying to Venice on the 27th and home on the 30th. Flight from Barcelona to Venice departs at 12:30 and DCL confirmed this is fine. I booked with Lufthansa ... They confirmed that since I am booked on one ticket, I won't have to pay any extra for the checked bag on the Barcelona/Venice flight. I got a direct flight to Barcelona, but the other two flights have a layover in Frankfurt, Germany, a short layover, so no chance of seeing Frankfurt.

Does anyone know what it would cost for a taxi from the ship to the airport?? Disney is charging $60 for transfers for the two of us? Wondering if a taxi would be cheaper??

I also checked on tips and Disney said the recommended amount is $288 for the two of us! Not sure if this has been mentioned or not?

Finally ... Has anyone been on the Magic lately (Sue) .. I was wondering if Ponz was back on the Magic??? I know he was on the Wonder before our Hawaiian cruise.
Just got off the Magic a few weeks ago. Ponz has been off there for quite a while The last time we saw him he was on the Wonder and that was Aug 2011. He left the Magic to go to the Dream and then wanted a smaller ship so went back to the Wonder. I asked about him and some say they think he's still on the Wonder but I've heard nothing about him. We used to be friends with him on FB but he's not there anymore. I'm thinking that if he's not on the Wonder he's left DCL

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:44 AM   #864
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
I've booked the 3D dessert party ... The desserts are made by different restaurants and bakeries. I've heard that Babycakes in NYC will be there! I can't wait! It also includes 3D Fireworks !
You know that the 3D is that they give you 3D glasses and they the desserts are not made by the different restaurants and bakeries. They are just generic desserts. The 3D glasses are cool those..all the lights look like Mickey Mouse.

WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
Old 09-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #865
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MJ I asked and a few of the crew said Ponz has left DCL. We had a great time on the Magic and she looked in good form and ready for all of us to sail on her next year. I had two different CM tell me that dry dock in 2013 is going to be in Spain not Venice! Sue
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #866
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957
MJ I asked and a few of the crew said Ponz has left DCL. We had a great time on the Magic and she looked in good form and ready for all of us to sail on her next year. I had two different CM tell me that dry dock in 2013 is going to be in Spain not Venice! Sue
She's in ok shape. Was on her in August. She can use some TLC but she's still gorgeous. I was told that absolutely the drydock would be after the Med cruises next year in Valencia. They aren't booking an Eastbound TA in case they need the extra days to finish. Supposed to be the biggest overhaul she's ever had

Old 09-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #867
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
She's in ok shape. Was on her in August. She can use some TLC but she's still gorgeous. I was told that absolutely the drydock would be after the Med cruises next year in Valencia. They aren't booking an Eastbound TA in case they need the extra days to finish. Supposed to be the biggest overhaul she's ever had
I was wondering why there was no EBTA available. Not that we could've gone, but we could have dreamed! When was the Magic's last dry dock?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #868
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom

I was wondering why there was no EBTA available. Not that we could've gone, but we could have dreamed! When was the Magic's last dry dock?
I think it was after the 2010 Med season

Old 09-13-2012, 02:35 PM   #869
Orrudyen
Earning My Ears

Just booked airfare for 4(2A,2C) for 3993$ with Air Canada, from Calgary,AB. Can't wait.
Orrudyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #870
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrudyen View Post
Just booked airfare for 4(2A,2C) for 3993$ with Air Canada, from Calgary,AB. Can't wait.
Welcome! Feel free to see who else is sailing via the link in my sigline - and you can also access our rollcall form if you want to include yourself and your traveling party.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: