Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #61
Steffy
I owe, I owe, It's off to work I go!!!
Knows the best way to fight the post-Disney trip depression is to plan another trip

I'm in. Hi Amanda and Annette from the WBTA! I'm bringing my granddaughter who will be 16 then. I just love the itinerary for this cruise. Love it.
Steffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #62
Monstro
I'm addicted to the Hot Rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstro View Post
... We could see if we could get Grease on the funnel vision... it would be mucho fun...

Jeff
OK. Wishful thinking.....
Monstro is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2012, 10:52 PM   #63
mehaul
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Me and the girls with some friends from WI. We've cruised the Med with some of you before. Looking forward to it.

I love the "Greece is the Word" theme. We could have a 50's party... We could see if we could get Grease on the funnel vision... it would be mucho fun...

Jeff
TDC Nala rocks - "Greece is the Word" was a great name/theme. I like where you're going with the Grease party/theme
mehaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #64
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Me and the girls with some friends from WI. We've cruised the Med with some of you before. Looking forward to it.

I love the "Greece is the Word" theme. We could have a 50's party... We could see if we could get Grease on the funnel vision... it would be mucho fun...

Jeff
Hi Jeff .. it's going to be great cruising with you again .. I too was on the lucky 7/7/7!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehaul View Post
TDC Nala rocks - "Greece is the Word" was a great name/theme. I like where you're going with the Grease party/theme
I can picture the logo ... Minnie Mouse in a 50 theme poodle skirt ! With a greased back Mickey ...
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:12 PM   #65
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Here are some potential photos for the Greece is the word theme:

or

Love the pink sweater on Minnie in the second one ... reminiscent of the Pink Ladies!
Old 01-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #66
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbeans View Post
Can I stow away in your luggage Justhat? I can be your nanny
Totally, Hillary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We booked this afternoon via DVC - we're also B2Bing with the June 27th Venice sailing - which we booked this morning (moved a ressie to that one).

I'm Cindy D., DH is Gary, boys are Nathan (16-turning 17 onboard) and Zachary (15). This one is for Gary, the Venice one is for Nathan - well, they are both for all of us, but Gary really wanted to go to Greece, and we'd promised Nathan that if we hadn't gone to Venice before he graduated high school, we'd do it for his grad trip - this will be between junior and senior year for him. We decided to B2B since we'd already be paying airfare over.

We have 6114 for this sailing and our beloved 6116 for the Venice one - we'll be watching for 6116 to open up on this one so we won't have to move cabins...

Anyway, we're already on page four of the thread and it's just the first day! i can tell this will be a great group - looking forward to getting to know you all.

Justthat - didn't we Baltic together? or was that Alaska?
I think Baltic. Did you do a 2007 Med? We did the 7/6 Baltic, 6/21 Alaska, and the 2007 Med was in July, crap, I forget, mid-late July cause we went to DLP afterwards and flew home on 8/3, day before my son's 1st birthday.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #67
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

well I did find this

He looks very Greek. Am sure he's likely copyrighted though.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:22 AM   #68
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
I think Baltic. Did you do a 2007 Med? We did the 7/6 Baltic, 6/21 Alaska, and the 2007 Med was in July, crap, I forget, mid-late July cause we went to DLP afterwards and flew home on 8/3, day before my son's 1st birthday.

We did the July 18th 2007 Med, and the July 6th Baltic - we got off Alaska the day you got on.

I don't know about y'all, but I'm looking forward to repeating some of the ports from before - Villefranche was (and is still) my favorite port in terms of beauty - and I'm looking forward to seeing more of the area. La Spezia - before we did Pisa, this time we'll do Florence / surrounding area. Civitavecchia - well you'll hear me often say I didn't toss those coins in the Trevi Fountain for nothing! Can't wait to see more of Rome.

505 more days!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:10 AM   #69
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Just booked this! Looking forward to the cruise ... not looking forward to paying for it though.

Just my brother and I on this cruise this time. My parents are sitting this out. They found last year's Med cruise to be exhausting. I think we nearly killed them walking up to Eze. Considering my dad will be 80 next year, I'm not going to push it.

We were on the June 8th Med cruise last year.

Our plan is to avoid the Disney excursions this time ... we'll see. I said that last year but got lazy.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #70
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
I grew up in Oakville. Came to Waterloo for University, then found my way back 5 years later. Been here ever since.... Love it. The price is stressing me out a bit too, but as you say.. we'll make it work! Good luck tomorrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath
Hello to all my fellow Canucks too! So funny that we are so close to each other - I am in Sarnia, and went to school in Waterloo!

Fingers crossed for tomorrow. The prices today were stressing me out, but I have reached the point where I will make it work somehow!
ha! This is great! I grew up in Kitchener, went to school in Waterloo and London and now live in Richmond Hill. We can start a DCL Waterloo Alumni cruise thread.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #71
USUKMama
Mouseketeer

Just booked this!!! This will be our second Disney cruise - we went to Alaska in Aug 2011. We are me (Sophia), DH, DS1 (12 at the time of the cruise), DS2 (9 at the time of the cruise) and DD (6 at the time of the cruise). DS1 is obsessed by Greek and Roman mythology and is incredibly excited to be able to go to Rome and Athens in one trip! Roll on 2013!

Old 01-26-2012, 10:26 AM   #72
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Welcome one and all,

Catherine I like that pic of Mickey.

Man are these boards SLOW!!!
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:38 AM   #73
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
I'm in! I was kind of thinking the thread title should be:

"My Big Fat Greek WEDing"

oh wait... perhaps "The Wonder In Ruins"
Oedipus - Schmedapus... now you have me thinking.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Donít dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 AM   #74
gotomu212
Mouseketeer

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh. We have booked! It's myself, husband, son (5 when we sail), and my mother.

We all went on the Baltic in 2010 not really knowing about DCL or the disboards and now we are addicted (my husband is talking about a twelve step program for me). We have since also done the Panama Canal in Jan. 2011, and a B2B on the Magic in the Caribbean last October. But, secretly I have been dying for the Med.

We're also doing the B2B the following cruise to Venice/Croatia so looking forward to the long slog through 3 seas with several of you.

So EXCITED, bouncing on my ball chair like a 4 year old.
gotomu212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #75
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
ha! This is great! I grew up in Kitchener, went to school in Waterloo and London and now live in Richmond Hill. We can start a DCL Waterloo Alumni cruise thread.
I was just thinking the same about Southern Ontario! There seems to be a lot of us! Did you go to UofW ... or highschool here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Welcome one and all,

Catherine I like that pic of Mickey.

Man are these boards SLOW!!!
Catherine ... I like the Pic of Mickey too ...
Scott ... I agree ... the boards are extremely Slow!

On a side note .. I just noticed that our cruise thread says we are cruising in 2003 I hope we all enjoyed ourselves!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: