Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #706
canadakath
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
To CanadaKath and any other fellow Canadians out there ... Happy Canada Day!

MJ
Thanks MJ - and to you too! What a perfect weekend of weather for it! Spent all day yesterday at the beach and pool and will be back again today.

I had an interesting conversation at dinner with the kids the other day. Talking about how Canada would be 145 years old, but some buildings in the countries we are going to see next year are thousands of years old. It amazes me what an 8 and 6 year old can grasp. I moved to Europe when I was 11, so I wasn't too sure how the youngest would do with the history part, but he is right into it! I'm so excited for this trip!!!
__________________
Kath, DH, DS 9 , DS 7

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013

Last edited by canadakath; 07-02-2012 at 08:46 AM.
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:48 AM   #707
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,792

So in my daily check of airfare and sliding the return date out as far as they will let me look at this point, I see that airfare is going up - for example, depart on a Wednesday and return on a Wednesday two weeks later, if the return date is May 22, the price is $1121, but if I slide it to a return date of May 29, then the fare is $1485. Round trip red-eye from ATL. Which is about what the fare was for this summer for the actual dates we would've flown if our trip was 2012 instead of 2013. I'll definitely want to watch for an airfare sale, but if it's going to stay at almost $1500, then we'll probably just stick with DCL for air.

However, we have friends who just came back from a cruise from Barcelona and they have highly recommended the apartment stay for pre-cruise so to make up the difference in airfare doing it ourselves vs. leaving it with DCL (and thus some of the worry), we may do an apartment pre-cruise. If I've done the math correctly, DCL AIR + Apt on our own = Air on our own + DCL hotel. So many decisions!
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 AM   #708
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats
 
pxlbarrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Richmond Hill, ON CANADA
Posts: 2,732

I was looking around to see what movies Disney is releasing next year. Monsters University is scheduled to be released on June 21 ... right in the middle of our cruise. What are the chances we'll be able to watch it in the Buena Vista theatre? That would be awesome if we could....
__________________
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #709
DL1957
DIS Veteran
 
DL1957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,328

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I was looking around to see what movies Disney is releasing next year. Monsters University is scheduled to be released on June 21 ... right in the middle of our cruise. What are the chances we'll be able to watch it in the Buena Vista theatre? That would be awesome if we could....
Chances are it they release it while we are on the ship we are about 99% certain to see it. In our past crusies when there has been Disney or a Pixard release that have shown it on the ship at the same time. I really liked Monsters and cant wait for the next one.
__________________
DCLStarted in 1999 became Platimum in September 2012! 1st Panama Canal, 1st Med, 1st Balitic, 1st LA to Vancouver repo, 1st Alaska, 1st to Greece & Turkey!
DCL
Western Carribean 1st time on the Fantasy May 2015
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #710
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,792

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I was looking around to see what movies Disney is releasing next year. Monsters University is scheduled to be released on June 21 ... right in the middle of our cruise. What are the chances we'll be able to watch it in the Buena Vista theatre? That would be awesome if we could....
We've had the same experience - getting to see a new release on the day it releases - and they often schedule it to play in the Walt Disney Theater for a showing or two before moving it to the Buena Vista. And depending on how they do scheduling, they sometimes will do a midnight showing.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:00 PM   #711
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted
 
SueTGGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern CA-Gilroy
Posts: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by joius24 View Post
Bye for a few days!

Will be incognito for the next 12 days..... Doing B2B Fantasy - Caribbean then the NYC Canadian Cruise with Mickey YAY!

Ha! then it's focus on the MED time!!!!! ( I exist between Disney Cruises LOL)

j
Just popped in to see what I had missed. Joius you did the opposite of what we just did. We were on the Magic (6/10) for the 1st NYC/Canada cruise and then flew down to catch the Fantasy (6/16) for the 7 night Eastern Caribbean! Did you feel any effects of the Tropical Storm Debbie @ sea? We had smooth sailing on the NYC/Canada but a little rough on the Eastern Caribbean. Opposite of what we had expected!
OK, off to catch up on reading! Who is ready to go now??
Later,
Sue
__________________
Thank you Aulani for the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!
Best Summer, yet! Magic in the Med and then Italy for 2 more weeks!
Quick road trips to DLR will have to be it for awhile as Italy broke us!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #712
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Amish Country PA.
Posts: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
Just popped in to see what I had missed. Joius you did the opposite of what we just did. We were on the Magic (6/10) for the 1st NYC/Canada cruise and then flew down to catch the Fantasy (6/16) for the 7 night Eastern Caribbean! Did you feel any effects of the Tropical Storm Debbie @ sea? We had smooth sailing on the NYC/Canada but a little rough on the Eastern Caribbean. Opposite of what we had expected!
OK, off to catch up on reading! Who is ready to go now??
Later,
Sue
Sue
That is hilarious! We must of passed each other in Airports! We literally did switch places! We got nothing from Debbie on either one, Phew!
I loved them both for different reasons, good times on both!
I am always ready to cruise! LOL
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #713
SueTGGR
Disney visits as often as money will allow-donations accepted
 
SueTGGR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Northern CA-Gilroy
Posts: 669

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxlbarrel View Post
I was looking around to see what movies Disney is releasing next year. Monsters University is scheduled to be released on June 21 ... right in the middle of our cruise. What are the chances we'll be able to watch it in the Buena Vista theatre? That would be awesome if we could....
We were on the Fantasy when Brave opened last month. They had Steve Pilcher, the production designer do a special intro for the midnight showing (didn't make it but I heard it was great but CROWDED!) and then we had 3 more showings the next day. I love this movie as did DS (12) and DH. I will have to let DS know about a potential showing as they had previews for Monsters University before Brave and the date didn't sink in that we would be on board, again! From talking to others about the PremEARs that have been on the cruises before there is always something special.
__________________
Thank you Aulani for the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!!!!!
Best Summer, yet! Magic in the Med and then Italy for 2 more weeks!
Quick road trips to DLR will have to be it for awhile as Italy broke us!
Grew up around Disneyland until I was silly enough to move away. Now make yearly (or more) trips from Nor Cal And now hoping to help others find their Paradise!
SueTGGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:28 AM   #714
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Amish Country PA.
Posts: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
We were on the Fantasy when Brave opened last month. They had Steve Pilcher, the production designer do a special intro for the midnight showing (didn't make it but I heard it was great but CROWDED!) and then we had 3 more showings the next day. I love this movie as did DS (12) and DH. I will have to let DS know about a potential showing as they had previews for Monsters University before Brave and the date didn't sink in that we would be on board, again! From talking to others about the PremEARs that have been on the cruises before there is always something special.
We got to see Brave on the Canada ruise too! They showed it the night before disembarking at 12:01 AM so it was "released" on the right day ... They showed it on the Magic in both theaters, one 3Dand one regular. The line was huge, and I was in line about 35 minutes early LOL
I didnt care I if didnt get any sleep the night before getting off the ship ...worth it to see Brave!

Funny thing though...DS went to the other theater (he said didnt know there was two showings) and after looking for me, just settled and watched the movie LOL... and I did the same at the other theatre. OR he ditched me to sit with the Vibe crew LOL... either way I love premEARS!
Saw the Avengers onboard too... good stuff!
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 AM   #715
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,792

I absolutely love that DCL has a movie theater - we always see several while onboard. In fact, as it gets closer to sailing day, we'll check with DCL to see what movies are scheduled for our cruises and if there's something newly released, we'll wait to see it onboard rather than spending the cash on land
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #716
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran
 
OurDogCisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 2,905 miles away from WDW
Posts: 3,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
So in my daily check of airfare and sliding the return date out as far as they will let me look at this point, I see that airfare is going up - for example, depart on a Wednesday and return on a Wednesday two weeks later, if the return date is May 22, the price is $1121, but if I slide it to a return date of May 29, then the fare is $1485. Round trip red-eye from ATL. Which is about what the fare was for this summer for the actual dates we would've flown if our trip was 2012 instead of 2013. I'll definitely want to watch for an airfare sale, but if it's going to stay at almost $1500, then we'll probably just stick with DCL for air.

However, we have friends who just came back from a cruise from Barcelona and they have highly recommended the apartment stay for pre-cruise so to make up the difference in airfare doing it ourselves vs. leaving it with DCL (and thus some of the worry), we may do an apartment pre-cruise. If I've done the math correctly, DCL AIR + Apt on our own = Air on our own + DCL hotel. So many decisions!
Yikes.. I'm not on this cruise any more but we are still going to Europe and this post caught my eye. That is pricey. We paid in 2010 around $900 each to fly to London and we live on the West Coast. It always seems like the East Coast is cheaper than the West Coast by a couple hundred dollars. I can't imagine flying for $1700 each. Do you think your ticket is more because you are flying non-stop. Off to check kayak to see....
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:12 PM   #717
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,792

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Yikes.. I'm not on this cruise any more but we are still going to Europe and this post caught my eye. That is pricey. We paid in 2010 around $900 each to fly to London and we live on the West Coast. It always seems like the East Coast is cheaper than the West Coast by a couple hundred dollars. I can't imagine flying for $1700 each. Do you think your ticket is more because you are flying non-stop. Off to check kayak to see....
It may be a little more because of non-stop, but we won't fly to Europe any other way if possible - we've done the non-stop flight to both Barcelona and London - both times we had delays leaving out of Atlanta which has been fine because then we didn't have to worry about missing a connection. Today the same flight is $1493, but those with connections are actually more - at $1521. Again, this is just on Delta, so other airlines might have better fares - we just know that DCL has put us on the non-stop red-eye from ATL in the past and expect that to be the same this time - in fact, we're delaying our return by a day because of the return flight time from BCN to ATL so they won't put us on a connector with the BCN to ATL flight leaving before noon.

Oh, a quick Kayak check still has airfare at over $1400 with stops (one or two). Once our dates are available, I'll continue to check daily and hope to catch a fare sale. We're going on vacation this summer to Yellowstone and got a steal of airfare from ATL to Salt Lake City that I just happened on by fare checking. We are hopoing to have similar luck with going to BCN.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #718
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Amish Country PA.
Posts: 506

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
I absolutely love that DCL has a movie theater - we always see several while onboard. In fact, as it gets closer to sailing day, we'll check with DCL to see what movies are scheduled for our cruises and if there's something newly released, we'll wait to see it onboard rather than spending the cash on land
I agree Cindy, I waited to see the Avengers on board ...DS however could not wait but he was kind enough to see it again with me

It's the flights that are scaring me a bit, price wise....but not willing to give up the ressie yet..... ya never know ! maybe I will bet some pixie dust!
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #719
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran
 
OurDogCisco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 2,905 miles away from WDW
Posts: 3,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
It may be a little more because of non-stop, but we won't fly to Europe any other way if possible - we've done the non-stop flight to both Barcelona and London - both times we had delays leaving out of Atlanta which has been fine because then we didn't have to worry about missing a connection. Today the same flight is $1493, but those with connections are actually more - at $1521. Again, this is just on Delta, so other airlines might have better fares - we just know that DCL has put us on the non-stop red-eye from ATL in the past and expect that to be the same this time - in fact, we're delaying our return by a day because of the return flight time from BCN to ATL so they won't put us on a connector with the BCN to ATL flight leaving before noon.

Oh, a quick Kayak check still has airfare at over $1400 with stops (one or two). Once our dates are available, I'll continue to check daily and hope to catch a fare sale. We're going on vacation this summer to Yellowstone and got a steal of airfare from ATL to Salt Lake City that I just happened on by fare checking. We are hopoing to have similar luck with going to BCN.
Phew... our rates aren't as high which I find weird. But our flights are not non-stop. The only way I can fly non-stop if I fly out of SFO but that is 2 hour drive my house and parking fees are expensive. Although, when we did the Med and Baltics we did fly out of SFO. On the Med we flew SFO to Paris and then, to Barcelona. We barely made our connection in Paris. I think, part of the reason was our layover was very short. We tried for a longer layover but the rep on the phone had a hard time understanding us. Plus, in Paris that summer the luggage handlers were on strike so, we did not get one piece of luggage. It had all of our evening attire in it. For London we flew out of SFO direct to Heathrow. No problems on that flight.

Anyways, I can get to Rome via Washington DC for $1200 per person. The only issue I see is that the layover is 1 hour and 45 minutes. I'm not sure if that is enough time for a layover. I prefer the 2 or 3 hour range for international flights. I like being able to sit down to eat, go to the bathroom etc...

Good luck with your flight arrangements.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #720
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Phew... our rates aren't as high which I find weird. But our flights are not non-stop. The only way I can fly non-stop if I fly out of SFO but that is 2 hour drive my house and parking fees are expensive.
Where are you finding a nonstop out of SFO? You got me excited there...but I don't see one....
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: