Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #691
2PrincesseInTow
Mouseketeer

So we've officially jumped ship..... DH finally convinced me that we need to explore other places before going back to the Med. I know you will all have a wonderful time.
2PrincesseInTow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 05:41 AM   #692
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PrincesseInTow View Post
So we've officially jumped ship..... DH finally convinced me that we need to explore other places before going back to the Med. I know you will all have a wonderful time.
Sorry to hear you're not coming with us...but I can understand it..it's not exactly like we're getting good value on this cruise...the best thing going for it is that it's Disney. Enjoy whatever you do.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2012, 06:59 AM   #693
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMickey View Post
We just booked this cruise this week! I'm so excited but was really surprised at how full it is. We are a family of 5, no family rooms available and only 2 choices when it came to trying to get cabins next door to each other (no connecting rooms available either). I'll check as we get closer to the full payment date in hopes that some other rooms open up, but at least we are on

We are going on our first Disney cruise this August 6 to Alaska. Originally I wanted to wait to try to take advantage of the OBB discount but I was afraid I wouldn't have any choices by then!!

Our daughter will be 14 and our sons will be 10 and 8 (almost 9) when we cruise the Med - it looks like there are lots of kids so far
I don't know what category you are looking for but this morning connecting cabins 6120 and 6122 are available. They are category 5C. We are hoping either 6116 or 6118 become available but they are not connecting rooms. So I am checking every day and noticed this morning that these two connectors are available. Hope that helps.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:01 AM   #694
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb51 View Post

We are presently planning to do back to back cruises and are booked on the 6/27 cruise which includes Venice but if we need to choose just one, the 6/15 cruise will be the one that we keep. With kids this age, I can't help but think something might come up to change our plans. I will feel more sure about our plans as the time gets closer. Meanwhile, I will enjoy catching up on the cruise thread.
I meant to also say that we too are on the June 27 to Venice. Come on over to the meet thread and say hi if you havent already.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #695
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMickey View Post
We just booked this cruise this week! I'm so excited but was really surprised at how full it is. We are a family of 5, no family rooms available and only 2 choices when it came to trying to get cabins next door to each other (no connecting rooms available either). I'll check as we get closer to the full payment date in hopes that some other rooms open up, but at least we are on

We are going on our first Disney cruise this August 6 to Alaska. Originally I wanted to wait to try to take advantage of the OBB discount but I was afraid I wouldn't have any choices by then!!

Our daughter will be 14 and our sons will be 10 and 8 (almost 9) when we cruise the Med - it looks like there are lots of kids so far
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PrincesseInTow View Post
Sorry you are leaving!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #696
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
I don't know what category you are looking for but this morning connecting cabins 6120 and 6122 are available. They are category 5C. We are hoping either 6116 or 6118 become available but they are not connecting rooms. So I am checking every day and noticed this morning that these two connectors are available. Hope that helps.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but where do you go to check cabin availability? I have looked at Cruisefish before but never seen anywhere that shows individual cabins.

Thanks!

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #697
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Maybe this is a dumb question, but where do you go to check cabin availability? I have looked at Cruisefish before but never seen anywhere that shows individual cabins.

Thanks!
I have never uised Cruisefish but find cabin availablity directly on DCL website. You have to bring up the cruise you are looking at and when you get into the section regarding staterooms you can click on "+" and select a stateroom. It brings up the ones available in the category you chose.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #698
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post

Thanks!
I just go to Disneycruise.com and start a search and then when I get to the point in the booking process that allows you to select your cabin, it gives you the option to select your cabin - and it will give you those that are available (usually up to about 8) - you can also type in the number of the cabin you want if you have a specific cabin you want to get if it's not one that's showing up as available. If it's available, they will assign it to you and it will be "held" until you complete the booking or it will "release" back after a period of time has passed if you do not complete a booking. If it's not available, it will assign a cabin for you. If there are no specific cabins available for the category you are trying to book, it may offer a GTY status.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #699
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone ... it's been awhile since I've been on the DIS, so I thought I would jump in and let everyone know I am still onboard. I actually just got off the phone with DVC. I transferred my reservation to them. I booked myself on points and paid for my daughter in cash, so I am officially doing the paid in full dance!

Can't wait!!! I can start booking my reservations now ...ooops .. I have to wait a few more days yet! Have started researching and hope to fly in on the Thursday morning before we board. I want to spend a few days after the cruise, but am still deciding whether we want to spend a few days in Venice, or travel over to DLP??? Oh the decisions I have to make
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #700
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
Hello everyone ... it's been awhile since I've been on the DIS, so I thought I would jump in and let everyone know I am still onboard. I actually just got off the phone with DVC. I transferred my reservation to them. I booked myself on points and paid for my daughter in cash, so I am officially doing the paid in full dance!

Can't wait!!! I can start booking my reservations now ...ooops .. I have to wait a few more days yet! Have started researching and hope to fly in on the Thursday morning before we board. I want to spend a few days after the cruise, but am still deciding whether we want to spend a few days in Venice, or travel over to DLP??? Oh the decisions I have to make
Sweet - we have this one on DVC/cash so it's also PIF, but we still have a long ways to go til we're PIF for the second half of our vacation. We, too, are planning to fly in arriving on Thursday pre-cruise to give us some time in Barcelona.

Old 06-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #701
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Has anyone tried to check actual airfare? I tried Delta and Expedia today but neither would allow me to select dates in June 2013 hopefully it opens up on Sunday the 1st.
MJ like you we booked DVC points and cash. Ran out of points because of 2 cruises last year. We did not want to miss the chance for Turkey and Greece. We are looking to leave here Tuesday night and hopefully can get a flight out the day we dock because we did not want to stay an extra day at the end. If that happens we my go in on Wednesday night. Sue
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 06-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #702
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Has anyone tried to check actual airfare? I tried Delta and Expedia today but neither would allow me to select dates in June 2013 hopefully it opens up on Sunday the 1st.
MJ like you we booked DVC points and cash. Ran out of points because of 2 cruises last year. We did not want to miss the chance for Turkey and Greece. We are looking to leave here Tuesday night and hopefully can get a flight out the day we dock because we did not want to stay an extra day at the end. If that happens we my go in on Wednesday night. Sue
You can't book airfare out yet - it is usually 330 days in advance that you can book, but unless you're booking going and coming separately, you'll have to wait until your return flight date is available to book.

I've been pricing our airfare each day using the same days of the week that we'll be traveling to see how the pricing holds as we are going to need to decide whether we stay with DCL air or do air on our own. We know which flights we want (non-stop red-eye, ATL to BCN on Delta). Because we're also doing the following cruise, we won't be able to book air (or even have a "for real" price on it until our return flight date opens for a return in July - so it will be August before we're able to see what the price will actually be to book on our own vs DCL's price).

I came across a new-to-me site that helps with airfare: matrix.itasoftware.com - thought I'd pass it along - it's helpful for identifying lowest fares on the days you want to fly and lets you also see surrounding days so you can decide if flying one day is better than another. For example, for us, if we fly out on Tuesday or Wednesday and return on a Wednesday the cost is the same, but if we waited until Thursday to leave, the price goes up - or if we came home on Thursday, the price is up.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #703
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
You can't book airfare out yet - it is usually 330 days in advance that you can book, but unless you're booking going and coming separately, you'll have to wait until your return flight date is available to book.

I've been pricing our airfare each day using the same days of the week that we'll be traveling to see how the pricing holds as we are going to need to decide whether we stay with DCL air or do air on our own. We know which flights we want (non-stop red-eye, ATL to BCN on Delta). Because we're also doing the following cruise, we won't be able to book air (or even have a "for real" price on it until our return flight date opens for a return in July - so it will be August before we're able to see what the price will actually be to book on our own vs DCL's price).

I came across a new-to-me site that helps with airfare: matrix.itasoftware.com - thought I'd pass it along - it's helpful for identifying lowest fares on the days you want to fly and lets you also see surrounding days so you can decide if flying one day is better than another. For example, for us, if we fly out on Tuesday or Wednesday and return on a Wednesday the cost is the same, but if we waited until Thursday to leave, the price goes up - or if we came home on Thursday, the price is up.
Thanks for the info so I have to wait until our return is 330 days away. How much is DCL charging from FL?
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 06-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #704
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Thanks for the info so I have to wait until our return is 330 days away. How much is DCL charging from FL?
Depends on which airport you depart from. We're actually flying from ATL as that's where our hometown is "zoned for" in terms of "home airports" for major airports - and DCL wants $1800/ticket. It's a little less from ORL or JAX. The JAX flights would go to ATL and then get on the very same plane that is $1800 fare from ATL. Crazy, right? We're using $1400 as a price point that if we can get airfare for $1400 or less per person, the savings is worth the hassle and expense of booking on our own and having to get the separate trip insurance policy and picking up costs for transfers that are included in the DCL price.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #705
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to wish the American's out there a Happy fourth of July! To CanadaKath and any other fellow Canadians out there ... Happy Canada Day!

MJ
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: