Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #676
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Well, I jumped ship already and did cancel over a month ago and applied my deposit to my November Fantasy Cruise. So, this morning just for kicks I went and checked out my cruise price today. We originally booked 9A for $10,471 on 1/28/12. Today that same room is $12,493 so, $2022 difference. I think for a lot of people to plan a cruise so far in advance is hard but if you don't book the day the cruise opens you can't lock in the best price. So, I think many times people book not knowing what might happen in 18 months and whether or not they can go. So, many things can make or break a trip. Hopefully, people will want to cancel to get their deposit money back. It was nice to apply it to our other cruise now, I feel like we have less to pay on that cruise.
Just out of curiosity, what is your Nov. fantasy sailing? I'm sailing on the fantasy on Nov.3 with the PR stop. Can't wait! At least we get some cruise fun and will hopefully ease the waiting on the Med one a year away, lol.

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:33 PM   #677
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan888 View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is your Nov. fantasy sailing? I'm sailing on the fantasy on Nov.3 with the PR stop. Can't wait! At least we get some cruise fun and will hopefully ease the waiting on the Med one a year away, lol.
Thanksgiving week. We are tied to the school calendar for vacations. We are still going on the Med cruise just doing to different lines. We are doing RCCL for Greek/Turkey part and then, NCL for the Italian ports. It worked out better for us to fly in and out of Rome. And, we really wanted to spend a few days in Rome since a port stop here is never enough. I'm hoping to book a dummy cruise for the future to go somewhere else like Alaska or something.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #678
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Thanksgiving week. We are tied to the school calendar for vacations. We are still going on the Med cruise just doing to different lines. We are doing RCCL for Greek/Turkey part and then, NCL for the Italian ports. It worked out better for us to fly in and out of Rome. And, we really wanted to spend a few days in Rome since a port stop here is never enough. I'm hoping to book a dummy cruise for the future to go somewhere else like Alaska or something.
I completely understand with the scheduling. My husband and I also have strict schedules, but this one worked out for us. I agree about Rome, so much to see. We were there in March and are counting the days to be back

We would love to do the Alaska one at some point, we shall see.

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:13 AM   #679
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

(cross posted on the June 27th meet thread)

Another article I thought you all might find of interest:

Top 10 Sights in Rome - from LonelyPlanet.com

Because we've been to Rome before, we already saw the highlights we had on our "must see" list, so we're beginning to think about what else we might want to see and/or do on a day in Rome. We saw the Vatican, the Colloseum, the Pantheon, tossed our coins in the Trevi Fountain...

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #680
thndrmatt
Real Life Mickey Wannabe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn G View Post
Matt - are you joining us on this cruise? At first I thought I was on the wrong thread when I saw your post. Welcome aboard!!! It is really fun to have our running friends cruising with us!
Let's just say "signs point to yes"... We're cruising Alaska on Sept 3rd, and it's very likely we'll OBB the Med cruise at that point, assuming the price doesn't become too prohibitive between now and then. So far so good...
Running PRs: 5k-21:07, 10k-45:22, 15k-1:08:17, HM-1:37:45, M-3:44:48, 50k-7:49:19
Triathlon PRs: Oly-2:47:49, 70.3-5:29:25, IM-12:56:17

thndrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:36 PM   #681
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmatt View Post
Let's just say "signs point to yes"... We're cruising Alaska on Sept 3rd, and it's very likely we'll OBB the Med cruise at that point, assuming the price doesn't become too prohibitive between now and then. So far so good...
Perhaps I was naive but I was actually hoping the price would drop sometime like they did for last year's Med cruises. But that doesn't look like it's gonna happen with the ship all booked up. Drats.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:46 AM   #682
thndrmatt
Real Life Mickey Wannabe!

I spoke too soon... My alert thingy spammed me last night at 1am saying that category 11C was available... I've been looking at prices for months for this cruise and haven't seen anything below 11A during that time. Crunching the numbers, the 10% discount from 11A that we would have gotten doing an OBB would have been actually a little more than the base price for 11C. We do lose the OBB OBC offer, but that just means when we sail we could use the OBB for ANOTHER cruise sometime in the future. It's also a guaranty room, so who knows what we'll actually end up with, certainly won't be any worse than what we paid!

Edit: We also apparently lose half of the DU OBC because it's a transfer instead of a new booking. Since it was after hours I wasn't willing to risk having to get DU on the phone first thing in order to have them call up first thing and try to snag the one room... Or worse yet try to release the hold I had on it and try to have them snag it before someone else... Peace of mind costs $$ I guess.

In other words, we held it and will be plunking down the deposit here in a day or two once we get it transferred over to DU. For those bargain hunters looking at inside rooms, there's still hope... Also of note, second seating was the only dining available.

I knew I had this Mediterranean port excel spreadsheet going for some reason...
Running PRs: 5k-21:07, 10k-45:22, 15k-1:08:17, HM-1:37:45, M-3:44:48, 50k-7:49:19
Triathlon PRs: Oly-2:47:49, 70.3-5:29:25, IM-12:56:17

Last edited by thndrmatt; 06-26-2012 at 11:35 AM.
thndrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #683
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmatt View Post
I spoke too soon... My alert thingy spammed me last night at 1am saying that category 11C was available... I've been looking at prices for months for this cruise and haven't seen anything below 11A during that time. Crunching the numbers, the 10% discount from 11A that we would have gotten doing an OBB would have been actually a little more than the base price for 11C. We do lose the OBB OBC offer, but that just means when we sail we could use the OBB for ANOTHER cruise sometime in the future. It's also a guaranty room, so who knows what we'll actually end up with, certainly won't be any worse than what we paid!

In other words, we held it and will be plunking down the deposit here in a day or two once we get it transferred over to DU. For those bargain hunters looking at inside rooms, there's still hope... Also of note, second seating was the only dining available.

I knew I had this Mediterranean port excel spreadsheet going for some reason...
Welcome Matt! Glad you decided to join us officially!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:05 AM   #684
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

So I checked with DCL and they no longer will waitlist for specific cabin assignments - they used to, but not any more (haven't for a while, actually), so we're back to checking daily for our cabin to open up.

Matt, welcome to the cruise! Follow the link in my sig for June 15th Cruisers so you can add your information to our who's sailing spreadsheet.

Old 06-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #685
meb51
Mouseketeer

We are also booked for this cruise and I added us to the spreadsheet. We booked as soon as the cruise was announced but it just seemed like it was so far in the future that I hadn't even thought about checking the cruise thread. Now I see I have a lot of catching up to do. I started looking through the thread last night and see some familiar names. We were on the 2005 Panama Canal cruise and took a Med cruise in 2007 as well as DCL cruises to Alaska and the Caribbean. If all works out well, there will be 5 of us in two cabins. The group consists of me (Marie), DH (Steve), DSD (Dora), DD (Katie, age 21 at time of cruise) and DS (Will, age 18 at time of cruise). My DD will have graduated from college and DS will be going into his senior year in high school. I am disappointed that DCL no longer allows 18 year old high school students into the Vibe but I think this is such a port intensive cruise that it won't matter that much.

We are presently planning to do back to back cruises and are booked on the 6/27 cruise which includes Venice but if we need to choose just one, the 6/15 cruise will be the one that we keep. With kids this age, I can't help but think something might come up to change our plans. I will feel more sure about our plans as the time gets closer. Meanwhile, I will enjoy catching up on the cruise thread.
meb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 01:19 PM   #686
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meb51 View Post
We are also booked for this cruise and I added us to the spreadsheet. We booked as soon as the cruise was announced but it just seemed like it was so far in the future that I hadn't even thought about checking the cruise thread. Now I see I have a lot of catching up to do. I started looking through the thread last night and see some familiar names. We were on the 2005 Panama Canal cruise and took a Med cruise in 2007 as well as DCL cruises to Alaska and the Caribbean. If all works out well, there will be 5 of us in two cabins. The group consists of me (Marie), DH (Steve), DSD (Dora), DD (Katie, age 21 at time of cruise) and DS (Will, age 18 at time of cruise). My DD will have graduated from college and DS will be going into his senior year in high school. I am disappointed that DCL no longer allows 18 year old high school students into the Vibe but I think this is such a port intensive cruise that it won't matter that much.

We are presently planning to do back to back cruises and are booked on the 6/27 cruise which includes Venice but if we need to choose just one, the 6/15 cruise will be the one that we keep. With kids this age, I can't help but think something might come up to change our plans. I will feel more sure about our plans as the time gets closer. Meanwhile, I will enjoy catching up on the cruise thread.
Welcome to the thread! I've been reading on other threads that the 18-21 yr olds are getting better organized in terms of having activities offered that fill the need for those late teens/early 20s that have especially grown up on the ships and are suddenly aged-out of the program (particularly for those that are 18 and still in high school). So hopefully there will be enough activities of interest for your young adults in addition to all the time in port. We've found that on port-intensive cruises, the boys enjoy coming back onboard and participating in some organized down time so they can enjoy the "cruise" portion of the cruise rather than the ship being strictly for transportation!

Old 06-27-2012, 08:00 AM   #687
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome to the thread!
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 12:03 PM   #688
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:

Welcome!
Old 06-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #689
TXMickey
Earning My Ears

We just booked this cruise this week! I'm so excited but was really surprised at how full it is. We are a family of 5, no family rooms available and only 2 choices when it came to trying to get cabins next door to each other (no connecting rooms available either). I'll check as we get closer to the full payment date in hopes that some other rooms open up, but at least we are on

We are going on our first Disney cruise this August 6 to Alaska. Originally I wanted to wait to try to take advantage of the OBB discount but I was afraid I wouldn't have any choices by then!!

Our daughter will be 14 and our sons will be 10 and 8 (almost 9) when we cruise the Med - it looks like there are lots of kids so far
TXMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #690
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMickey View Post
We just booked this cruise this week! I'm so excited but was really surprised at how full it is. We are a family of 5, no family rooms available and only 2 choices when it came to trying to get cabins next door to each other (no connecting rooms available either). I'll check as we get closer to the full payment date in hopes that some other rooms open up, but at least we are on

We are going on our first Disney cruise this August 6 to Alaska. Originally I wanted to wait to try to take advantage of the OBB discount but I was afraid I wouldn't have any choices by then!!

Our daughter will be 14 and our sons will be 10 and 8 (almost 9) when we cruise the Med - it looks like there are lots of kids so far
Welcome!
You will enjoy Alaska we did that cruise last year and had a great time.
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: