Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #661
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
For anyohne looking for information about the hotels DCL is using in Barcelona, here's what we've learned.

Renaissance Barcelona (was AC Diplomatic (Marriott)) DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $408/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

Hilton Diagonal Mar DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $416/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

We went ahead and added two nights pre-cruise and one night post-cruise at the Renaissance Barcelona through DCL. You can cancel for a full refund as long as it is more than 14 days prior to your stay. We added it while we could get it. I compared the price with what these hotels are currently booking at and the DCL rate is fair per room per night. When our TA first emailed me the price for a night, I thought it was per-room and that we'd have to still get two rooms - no thank you! But for two rooms, this is in the range of what we've paid for one room pre-cruise in both London and Vancouver through DCL (and stayed at really nice hotels).

Just thought I'd pass along the information in case someone else was waiting to find out.
Do the prices include transfers?

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #662
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For anyohne looking for information about the hotels DCL is using in Barcelona, here's what we've learned.

Renaissance Barcelona (was AC Diplomatic (Marriott)) DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $408/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

Hilton Diagonal Mar DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $416/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

We went ahead and added two nights pre-cruise and one night post-cruise at the Renaissance Barcelona through DCL. You can cancel for a full refund as long as it is more than 14 days prior to your stay. We added it while we could get it. I compared the price with what these hotels are currently booking at and the DCL rate is fair per room per night. When our TA first emailed me the price for a night, I thought it was per-room and that we'd have to still get two rooms - no thank you! But for two rooms, this is in the range of what we've paid for one room pre-cruise in both London and Vancouver through DCL (and stayed at really nice hotels).

Just thought I'd pass along the information in case someone else was waiting to find out.
Thanks Cindy we are a party of 8 arriving at different times and want to begin to coordinate this! Sue
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 07:29 AM   #663
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Do the prices include transfers?
I don't think so. We have transfers scheduled as part of our flight which is associated with our second cruise rather than this one, and the hotel price that we got through DVC/DCL is the same as what our TA gave us.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:38 AM   #664
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Fodor's Insider's Guide to the South of France

(Cross posting this with our Venice cruise, sorry for the repeat for the B2Bers).

Thought someone might be interested.

Fodor's Insider's Guide to the South of France.

Also, have any of you see Madagascar 3? We saw it this week and loved it - what was especially fun was seeing Monte Carlo and Rome It was a fun movie.

Old 06-22-2012, 09:30 AM   #665
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmatt View Post
For anyone else doing the math also I thought I would contribute. For a June 13th departure (Arrive morning of 14th, ~33 hours prior to sail away), you can book your outbound leg on July 17th of this year. While some might have to wait until the full round trip length of time is available, if you are doing AWARD travel using miles, it is actually beneficial to book the legs separately, as you can snag them earlier, and it makes it easier to make changes to one rather than both down the road if something goes awry, you can cancel a leg without cancelling the whole itinerary and rebooking, etc. There's no added cost to booking one way at a time.

We're doing AA Explorer awards, which American uses based on mileage flown to determine amount of frequent flier miles needed rather than just flat rates based on class. Depending on distance traveled and availability of the other types of awards it might actually require less mileage for some. 160k miles is getting us both round trip in Business/First.

Another BIG tip for award travel, both British Airways and Iberia pass on the fuel tax to the customer even for award tickets. So for this itinerary it was pricing at 120k ff miles + $1200 even for economy. Whereas if you stay just on American planes/flight numbers, our total round trip taxes were $80 + the miles.

Of course if you fly some other airline than American, you'll have to do your own research.
Matt - are you joining us on this cruise? At first I thought I was on the wrong thread when I saw your post. Welcome aboard!!! It is really fun to have our running friends cruising with us!
Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #666
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I got excited for a minute when I checked DCL this afternoon and saw there were some additional cabins in our Category available- 6120 and 6122 - I was thinking I'd switch our 6114 for 6120, but when I checked the deck plan, it's also a connecting cabin which is what we have in 6114. I will keep checking and hope 6116 or 6118 open up.

Old 06-22-2012, 06:27 PM   #667
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.

Hi Everyone, Fresh off our Fantasy and Magic B2B cruises, just got off the ship today! .... I may be reconsidering this cruise and booking a cheaper one for 2013.
DS's HS graduation wish for 2014 is 2 week a tour of Japan (including the disney parks) and I may need to work on money saving in other areas to do it in the way I want to. We are considering Alaska instead of the Med. .....not fully ready to jump ship just yet. Still thinkin it all through.

The Fantasy was awesome! and Nova Scotia was beautiful....but not warm LOL
Cruises: 2006 - 4 nt. Wonder...2007 Eastern Caribbean Magic...2008/9 New Years Western Caribbean ... April 2010 14 nt. Eastbound TransAtlantic Magic... August 2011...B2B Disney Dream.... June 2012 Fantastic Fantasy Voyage...and then hopping back to NY for a New England MAGICal adventure.... June 2013 The Wonders of Alaska!

Park Hopping: June 2014 TOKYO DISNEY HERE WE COME!... 2014 4 Days WDW and MY FIRST PRINCESS 5K!!... 2013 10 days WDW ....2011 Pre-cruise WDW...2011 Disneyland... 2010 WDW All Star Music ..:2009 WDW Pop Century...2006 WDW Pop Century ...2005-Disney Land(w/out DS)...1997-WDW
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #668
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I got excited for a minute when I checked DCL this afternoon and saw there were some additional cabins in our Category available- 6120 and 6122 - I was thinking I'd switch our 6114 for 6120, but when I checked the deck plan, it's also a connecting cabin which is what we have in 6114. I will keep checking and hope 6116 or 6118 open up.
Cindy You may try calling DCL and asking for a supervisor. We did that on the Baltic and got the stateroom we wanted. Not all of them are opened this early as they hold some back. It is worth a try. Good luck. Sue
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 06-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #669
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Cindy You may try calling DCL and asking for a supervisor. We did that on the Baltic and got the stateroom we wanted. Not all of them are opened this early as they hold some back. It is worth a try. Good luck. Sue
I don't know...the ship is pretty sold out right now. We booked a dummy date on our NYC 2 day to exchange for our 2nd room on this cruise so that we could get the credit and discount and they couldn't do it. The TA spoke with her contact. They said this cruise is so booked that as soon as they would release my cat 11 and try to rebook it, it would be gone. Odds were I wouldn't get it back....Now I've heard many on these boards say they were going to ultimately jump ship and go a cheaper route, at guess at this juncture since no money needs to be paid, people are keeping the ressies...I'm sure lots will open up when payment is due.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 AM   #670
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
I don't know...the ship is pretty sold out right now. We booked a dummy date on our NYC 2 day to exchange for our 2nd room on this cruise so that we could get the credit and discount and they couldn't do it. The TA spoke with her contact. They said this cruise is so booked that as soon as they would release my cat 11 and try to rebook it, it would be gone. Odds were I wouldn't get it back....Now I've heard many on these boards say they were going to ultimately jump ship and go a cheaper route, at guess at this juncture since no money needs to be paid, people are keeping the ressies...I'm sure lots will open up when payment is due.
Mindy
You are so right on this. DSIS called about the hotels in Barcelona and when talking with the CM found out all of deck 5 where we are is currently sold out. I agree with you about folks jumping ship at the paid in full date too bad they don't do sooner if it is not their intention to go. Sue
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 06-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #671
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Great idea. We have this booking through DVC and when we made it, 6116 was not available, and while we haven't seen it pop up, maybe they could wait list us for the cabin. I will give DVC a call to have them check with DCL for us. When we booked, I confirmed with DVC that changing cabin assignments would not cause me to incur another $95 fee

Old 06-24-2012, 07:30 AM   #672
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

So maybe I'm kidding myself thinking that the price of the airfare will be in line to what we paid last time and maybe I'm not. I just priced the same airline for the exact same flights we took last time - timing wise in May (cause that's the latest you can do it right now) and the price was $3643 for all 4 of us. I paid $4228 last time. Do you think the month's differenc will make that much of a difference in the price?

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:56 AM   #673
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So maybe I'm kidding myself thinking that the price of the airfare will be in line to what we paid last time and maybe I'm not. I just priced the same airline for the exact same flights we took last time - timing wise in May (cause that's the latest you can do it right now) and the price was $3643 for all 4 of us. I paid $4228 last time. Do you think the month's differenc will make that much of a difference in the price?
The price per ticket went up about $50 just from late April 2013 to early May. And when I looked back in January for a 2012 June flight, it was $1400. A May 2013 is running $1121 right now for the schedule we want.

Old 06-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #674
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I jumped ship already and did cancel over a month ago and applied my deposit to my November Fantasy Cruise. So, this morning just for kicks I went and checked out my cruise price today. We originally booked 9A for $10,471 on 1/28/12. Today that same room is $12,493 so, $2022 difference. I think for a lot of people to plan a cruise so far in advance is hard but if you don't book the day the cruise opens you can't lock in the best price. So, I think many times people book not knowing what might happen in 18 months and whether or not they can go. So, many things can make or break a trip. Hopefully, people will want to cancel to get their deposit money back. It was nice to apply it to our other cruise now, I feel like we have less to pay on that cruise.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:50 PM   #675
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurDogCisco View Post
Well, I jumped ship already and did cancel over a month ago and applied my deposit to my November Fantasy Cruise. So, this morning just for kicks I went and checked out my cruise price today. We originally booked 9A for $10,471 on 1/28/12. Today that same room is $12,493 so, $2022 difference. I think for a lot of people to plan a cruise so far in advance is hard but if you don't book the day the cruise opens you can't lock in the best price. So, I think many times people book not knowing what might happen in 18 months and whether or not they can go. So, many things can make or break a trip. Hopefully, people will want to cancel to get their deposit money back. It was nice to apply it to our other cruise now, I feel like we have less to pay on that cruise.
I am on my way to doing the same Cisco. Just holding on a little while longer to see what kind of "bonus" I get from work in July and what my financial picture looks like at that point. I do like keeping the choice open and most likely will keep my Med. ressie for at least a few months, because like you said....you never know, maybe i will get some pixie dust and be able to do both! (Alaska and the Med!)
Cruises: 2006 - 4 nt. Wonder...2007 Eastern Caribbean Magic...2008/9 New Years Western Caribbean ... April 2010 14 nt. Eastbound TransAtlantic Magic... August 2011...B2B Disney Dream.... June 2012 Fantastic Fantasy Voyage...and then hopping back to NY for a New England MAGICal adventure.... June 2013 The Wonders of Alaska!

Park Hopping: June 2014 TOKYO DISNEY HERE WE COME!... 2014 4 Days WDW and MY FIRST PRINCESS 5K!!... 2013 10 days WDW ....2011 Pre-cruise WDW...2011 Disneyland... 2010 WDW All Star Music ..:2009 WDW Pop Century...2006 WDW Pop Century ...2005-Disney Land(w/out DS)...1997-WDW
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: