Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #646
FLPat
Earning My Ears

Booked the Med cruise while on the Inaugral Hawaiian cruise!!! Been to the Med on the Magic before, but not to Greece!! Excited!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #647
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLPat View Post
Booked the Med cruise while on the Inaugral Hawaiian cruise!!! Been to the Med on the Magic before, but not to Greece!! Excited!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome! I see this is your 1st post. Have you been a lurker or are you a new dis'er?

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #648
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Old 06-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #649
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome
When did you do the Med? We were on in 2007
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #650
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Less than a year to go!!!
My Reservation
Only 364 days until your cruise sets sail!
View Details
Cruise:12-Night Mediterranean Cruise (with Greece) on Disney Magic - Itinerary A
Ship:Disney Magic
Sail Date:June 15, 2013
:c heer2:
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:31 AM   #651
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
My Reservation
View Details
Cruise:12-Night Mediterranean Cruise (with Greece) on Disney Magic - Itinerary A
Oh so very sweet!!!!!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #652
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
My Reservation
View Details
Almost time to start looking at air.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #653
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott H View Post
Almost time to start looking at air.
Yep - we'll be a little later in our ability to book since we won't be coming back until July 9th, so we have to wait until our return flight is available to book before we'll know what we're doing about air. Right now you can book through May 13th or 14th depending on the airline.

Old 06-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #654
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

Let the countdown begin!!! Less than a year to go!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo :d ance3:

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #655
thndrmatt
Real Life Mickey Wannabe!

For anyone else doing the math also I thought I would contribute. For a June 13th departure (Arrive morning of 14th, ~33 hours prior to sail away), you can book your outbound leg on July 17th of this year. While some might have to wait until the full round trip length of time is available, if you are doing AWARD travel using miles, it is actually beneficial to book the legs separately, as you can snag them earlier, and it makes it easier to make changes to one rather than both down the road if something goes awry, you can cancel a leg without cancelling the whole itinerary and rebooking, etc. There's no added cost to booking one way at a time.

We're doing AA Explorer awards, which American uses based on mileage flown to determine amount of frequent flier miles needed rather than just flat rates based on class. Depending on distance traveled and availability of the other types of awards it might actually require less mileage for some. 160k miles is getting us both round trip in Business/First.

Another BIG tip for award travel, both British Airways and Iberia pass on the fuel tax to the customer even for award tickets. So for this itinerary it was pricing at 120k ff miles + $1200 even for economy. Whereas if you stay just on American planes/flight numbers, our total round trip taxes were $80 + the miles.

Of course if you fly some other airline than American, you'll have to do your own research.
Running PRs: 5k-21:07, 10k-45:22, 15k-1:08:17, HM-1:37:45, M-3:44:48, 50k-7:49:19
Triathlon PRs: Oly-2:47:49, 70.3-5:29:25, IM-12:56:17

thndrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:01 PM   #656
gotomu212
Mouseketeer

Hi Everyone. Just checking in since we're under the year mark!!! We just planned a somewhat last minute Alaska cruise for the end of August so I've been a little distracted.

I know a few have already mentioned it, but would love to get a sheet going around (maybe in the late fall?) for anyone interested in sharing excursions. I've been looking around a little and there's such a small price increase (relatively speaking) for adding people on those, but the cost for the first 3 or 4 is high. We've had so many people recommend the flexibility or the private tours so we're very interested.

The countdown continues!!!
gotomu212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 PM   #657
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotomu212 View Post
Hi Everyone. Just checking in since we're under the year mark!!! We just planned a somewhat last minute Alaska cruise for the end of August so I've been a little distracted.

I know a few have already mentioned it, but would love to get a sheet going around (maybe in the late fall?) for anyone interested in sharing excursions. I've been looking around a little and there's such a small price increase (relatively speaking) for adding people on those, but the cost for the first 3 or 4 is high. We've had so many people recommend the flexibility or the private tours so we're very interested.

The countdown continues!!!
My brother and I would be interested in sharing excursions. We did the Disney ones last year and they were astronomical in price. Wooo...could have bought way more stuff in the shops if it wasn't for those excursions.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:46 PM   #658
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

DCL Hotels available

For anyohne looking for information about the hotels DCL is using in Barcelona, here's what we've learned.

Renaissance Barcelona (was AC Diplomatic (Marriott)) DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $408/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

Hilton Diagonal Mar DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $416/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

We went ahead and added two nights pre-cruise and one night post-cruise at the Renaissance Barcelona through DCL. You can cancel for a full refund as long as it is more than 14 days prior to your stay. We added it while we could get it. I compared the price with what these hotels are currently booking at and the DCL rate is fair per room per night. When our TA first emailed me the price for a night, I thought it was per-room and that we'd have to still get two rooms - no thank you! But for two rooms, this is in the range of what we've paid for one room pre-cruise in both London and Vancouver through DCL (and stayed at really nice hotels).

Just thought I'd pass along the information in case someone else was waiting to find out.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:56 PM   #659
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
For anyohne looking for information about the hotels DCL is using in Barcelona, here's what we've learned.

Renaissance Barcelona (was AC Diplomatic (Marriott)) DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $408/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

Hilton Diagonal Mar DCL IS USING THIS ONE. PARTY OF 4 IS $416/NIGHT (2 ROOMS)

We went ahead and added two nights pre-cruise and one night post-cruise at the Renaissance Barcelona through DCL. You can cancel for a full refund as long as it is more than 14 days prior to your stay. We added it while we could get it. I compared the price with what these hotels are currently booking at and the DCL rate is fair per room per night. When our TA first emailed me the price for a night, I thought it was per-room and that we'd have to still get two rooms - no thank you! But for two rooms, this is in the range of what we've paid for one room pre-cruise in both London and Vancouver through DCL (and stayed at really nice hotels).
Just thought I'd pass along the information in case someone else was waiting to find out.

We have stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona both times before the WBTA. Only problem is if you want to go into town, you must take a cab (30 Euros each way) or their shuttle which leaves you at the Christopher Columbus Statue at one end of La Rambla which is a hike to get to the other end of La Rambla! If you are staying for a week like we did, it was not convenient but we were staying on points!

If anyone would like a copy of the shuttle schedule, I will be happy to email the pdf the concierge sent to me.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:33 PM   #660
disneyfan888
DIS Veteran

One year from today we are in ATHENS!!!!
Ahhhhh, so exciting!

[

disneyfan888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: