Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #616
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
Great to see you here! Do you know if there is a roll call somewhere?
Welcome! And yes, here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VSWnc&hl=en_US

Im not sure what state it's in. We've already had a few cruisers bail out without deleting their names.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #617
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Welcome! And yes, here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VSWnc&hl=en_US

Im not sure what state it's in. We've already had a few cruisers bail out without deleting their names.
Thank you! I recognize a few old friends!
Register to remove

Old 05-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #618
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great to see you here! Do you know if there is a roll call somewhere?
Birkner - I have a link to an updated roll-call in my sig line - I've removed people as they've "abandoned ship" so it is current. Let me know if you're for sure gonna sail and I'll add you there and you can add yourselves to the spreadsheet.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:47 AM   #619
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Had to move one of my "dummy" reservations from a previous ruise today. John and I may take this June 15, 2013 Med cruise if the WBTA doesn't materialize soon!

Anybody here from the Fantasy MV or the Hawaii cruise? Is there a roll call list somewhere?
Scott and I were on both.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #620
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Birkner - I have a link to an updated roll-call in my sig line - I've removed people as they've "abandoned ship" so it is current. Let me know if you're for sure gonna sail and I'll add you there and you can add yourselves to the spreadsheet.
We are GTY right now so please add us. I will add us to the spreadsheet.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #621
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn G View Post
Scott and I were on both.
I am not sure if Nancy and I met you. I was traveling with my DH John on MV and my BFF Nancy on Hawaii.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #622
moneyhappy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow, that is pretty expensive if you ask me. I plan to do some research on private tours as I have organized them before on other DCL trips.
We are booking private tours as well. We did them on our last Med cruise and the cost was must less.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:55 AM   #623
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
I am not sure if Nancy and I met you. I was traveling with my DH John on MV and my BFF Nancy on Hawaii.
I know I saw you in passing, but I do not think we ever formally met each other.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #624
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn G View Post
I know I saw you in passing, but I do not think we ever formally met each other.
We will have to take the time and meet this trip!
Old 05-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #625
gailg3horses
Mouseketeer

For those of you booking private tours, would you be opposed to others tagging along? It will be myself (Gail 37 then) my mom (Florence 68 then) and my nephew (Jakob 9 then) sailing. I had put a deposit down on the abd add on but upon further consideration of their itinerary and the price , I think we can do better ourselves.

If you don't want others on your tour, as you book, would you just post the details so us newbies can get an idea who you're using and what you're doing???

On the day we go to La Spezia (I think thats the port) I'd like to get to piza for the tower, and to Florence for some sight seeing and pictures (I know alot of the important stuff will be closed the day we are there). Anyone know how do-able that will be???

For Rome, I did a little research and found out their is a Jewish themed tour available. Would anyone else have an interest in that? It's on romeinlimo's page. Looks kinda cool.

On the Mykonos day, I'd like to get to the nearby island (I forget the name now) with the ruins. Anyone else thinking of heading there? We're not really beach people so while it might be fun to get in the water there, I can't see us doing that for a whole day.

Any thoughts?? I know alot of people on here have been before so I'd love to hear about your plans and get to know you better. Anyone sailing with a near 9 year old boy? Thanks Gail
Old 05-31-2012, 06:13 PM   #626
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailg3horses View Post
For those of you booking private tours, would you be opposed to others tagging along? It will be myself (Gail 37 then) my mom (Florence 68 then) and my nephew (Jakob 9 then) sailing. I had put a deposit down on the abd add on but upon further consideration of their itinerary and the price , I think we can do better ourselves.

If you don't want others on your tour, as you book, would you just post the details so us newbies can get an idea who you're using and what you're doing???

On the day we go to La Spezia (I think thats the port) I'd like to get to piza for the tower, and to Florence for some sight seeing and pictures (I know alot of the important stuff will be closed the day we are there). Anyone know how do-able that will be???

For Rome, I did a little research and found out their is a Jewish themed tour available. Would anyone else have an interest in that? It's on romeinlimo's page. Looks kinda cool.

On the Mykonos day, I'd like to get to the nearby island (I forget the name now) with the ruins. Anyone else thinking of heading there? We're not really beach people so while it might be fun to get in the water there, I can't see us doing that for a whole day.

Any thoughts?? I know alot of people on here have been before so I'd love to hear about your plans and get to know you better. Anyone sailing with a near 9 year old boy? Thanks Gail
I have no objections and I am sure my DH would not have any to having kids along if the tour were appropriate for a child.

Will keep you posted on what I find as I do research.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:43 AM   #627
2PrincesseInTow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're thinking of Delos.... DH and I went there three years ago. Our ship docked there for a few hours in the morning and then we had the afternoon in Mykonos. I wouldn't be surprised if DCL offered an excursion there and you will certainly be able to find other tours that go there, we saw quite a few. Just FYI, it will be very hot, there is really no shade on Delos ( I found that hard to believe but it was true ). Also, bring some water. There may have been a tiny snack bar but can't say for sure. There is a small museum and gift shop.

I'm looking forward to more time in Mykonos. Lots of cute shops and narrow streets.

Sara
2PrincesseInTow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:40 AM   #628
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Anyone sailing with a near 9 year old boy?
My oldest DS will be 9 on this trip, and youngest will be turning 7. I'm sure they would love to hang out with other kids although I don't know that our touring plans will line up. Youngest DS is NOT a walker (has always hated it - I currently have him "in training" to get him used to it for this trip ) so we aren't planning to do go too in depth on most of the port days except Rome and Athens. We likely will not go to Florence at all, only Pisa, and will probably just do the beach in Mykonos. Villefranche we will likely just do the train to Monaco and a half day there.

Of course once the kids see Madagascar 3 next week, they might be asking to see some more of the European sites from the movie!

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #629
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Woohoo! School is out for the summer and that means this time next year, we'll be just days away from heading out on this great adventure! Woo-hoo!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #630
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Woohoo! School is out for the summer and that means this time next year, we'll be just days away from heading out on this great adventure! Woo-hoo!
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: