Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2012, 08:38 AM   #601
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
No nonstops out of DC?

I'm north of Seattle, not CA. No eclipse for us. It was overcast .
Likely there are nonstops out of DC but we are 3 hours from there and it is costly to leave your car there. The most we pay to leave a car at one of the 3 airports here is $10 a day with one being $5. Also if we leave from closer to home a good chance someone will take us to the airport. Sue
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #602
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Likely there are nonstops out of DC but we are 3 hours from there and it is costly to leave your car there. The most we pay to leave a car at one of the 3 airports here is $10 a day with one being $5. Also if we leave from closer to home a good chance someone will take us to the airport. Sue
We drive the 5 hours to ATL but my brother lives there so he can get us to the airport and back - or if we have a super early flight, he can get us to a hotel with a shuttle and keep our car for us while we're gone.

DCL flies us out of ATL even though we are closer to Orlando - something about markets. But that's ok because we actually like flying out of ATL and since we have a place to leave our car, that works for us. DCL could fly us cheaper out of JAX but by the time we paid parking, it will cost more to go from JAX than from ATL.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #603
gotomu212
Mouseketeer

Hi again everyone! I've been so busy the last few months that haven't gotten to post but I'm definitely getting excited and only a year and a few weeks to go. We're planning on going over a week early and stopping in Scotland or flying into London and driving up to Scotland through the lake district. We're also doing the B2B with a little spain afterwards- so we are looking at about 5 weeks My husband thinks I'm crazy- quote of the week "yes it's a small world, but I don't think we have to see it all at one time".

The only potential roadblock is time off work but since both of us always work the holidays while everyone else disappears we should be okay. That's next months hurtle when tickets start to come out. We are basically doing 1 ways and hoping we can use points so fingers crosses everything falls into place.

Now I'm going to get started planning!
gotomu212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:12 PM   #604
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW93 View Post
Just off the Wonder and a fun-filled Hawaiian cruise and while I was sadly thinking of what I was doing this time last week I also started to think about where we'll be in a little over a year! I LOVE the classic ships, so Disney Magic here we come!!! and....GREECE!!!!
We also just got off the Hawaiian cruise and will be joining you on this cruise to Greece.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #605
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
We also just got off the Hawaiian cruise and will be joining you on this cruise to Greece.
Welcome!
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 05-24-2012, 09:39 AM   #606
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Welcome to the group!
Old 05-24-2012, 01:47 PM   #607
burma
My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

Quote:
Welcome ... maybe we can dive the MED
Old 05-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #608
BobandLee
Proud Parrothead with Mouse Ears

Good morning. Just checking in to see what has been going on.
Have not been on here for a long time, so catching up.

Quote:
Welcome. We did the Hawaiian cruise also. It has to be in the top 5 of the cruises we have taken. So much fun seeing the islands that way. Fun seeing old and new friends.

Enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.

xxx
x
The color of the ships at the water line is DARK BLUE. Always has been. Always will be.
BobandLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #609
birkner
DIS Veteran

Had to move one of my "dummy" reservations from a previous ruise today. John and I may take this June 15, 2013 Med cruise if the WBTA doesn't materialize soon!

Anybody here from the Fantasy MV or the Hawaii cruise? Is there a roll call list somewhere?
Old 05-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #610
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
Had to move one of my "dummy" reservations from a previous ruise today. John and I may take this June 15, 2013 Med cruise if the WBTA doesn't materialize soon!

Anybody here from the Fantasy MV or the Hawaii cruise? Is there a roll call list somewhere?
Welcome I was not on the Fantasy or Hawaii but noticed you are from Woodside up until 11 years ago DH and I lived our entire lives in San Carlos.
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 05-29-2012, 03:23 PM   #611
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
Welcome I was not on the Fantasy or Hawaii but noticed you are from Woodside up until 11 years ago DH and I lived our entire lives in San Carlos.
Thanks for the welcome! Small world is it not?
Old 05-29-2012, 06:12 PM   #612
BobandLee
Proud Parrothead with Mouse Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post

Me and Me!

xxx
x
The color of the ships at the water line is DARK BLUE. Always has been. Always will be.
BobandLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #613
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandLee View Post
Me and Me!
Great to see you here! Do you know if there is a roll call somewhere?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:23 PM   #614
moneyhappy
Mouseketeer

Hello Everyone,

I've been away for awhile my company has been purchased by another bank and work has been non stop.

Just wanted to know your thoughts about the Adventures by Disney ad-on for the shore excursions. The cost is $2,989 per adult or 427 DVC points (for the DVCers in the group).

I'm thinking this is way over priced. I can get private tours at every port for less money then what ABD is asking for.

What do you think?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #615
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneyhappy View Post
Hello Everyone,

I've been away for awhile my company has been purchased by another bank and work has been non stop.

Just wanted to know your thoughts about the Adventures by Disney ad-on for the shore excursions. The cost is $2,989 per adult or 427 DVC points (for the DVCers in the group).

I'm thinking this is way over priced. I can get private tours at every port for less money then what ABD is asking for.

What do you think?
Wow, that is pretty expensive if you ask me. I plan to do some research on private tours as I have organized them before on other DCL trips.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: