Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #301
joius24
Faith Trust and Pixie Dust...we can all use a little bit of magic.
 
joius24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Amish Country PA.
Posts: 481

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueTGGR View Post
MinnieDiva - You look familiar to me. You didn't happen to do the MR cruise last January did you?
Sue
Sue....you look familiar LOL
Were you on the EBTA (2010) or dream (2011) in the last two years????
__________________
Joius24
2006 - 4 nt. Wonder...2007 Eastern Caribbean Magic...2008/9 New Years Western Caribbean ... April 2010 14 nt. Eastbound TransAtlantic Magic... August 2011...B2B Disney Dream... June 2012 Fantastic Fantasy Voyage... and then hopping back to NY for a New England MAGICal adventure. Park Hopping: 2011 Pre-cruise WDW...2011 Disneyland... 2010 WDW All Star Music ..:2009 WDW Pop Century...2006 WDW Pop Century ...2005-Disney Land(w/out DS)...1997-WDW
joius24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #302
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
We live in Happy Valley, OR - just outside of Portland. My husband grew up in Kirkland and we lived in Kirkland and Everett when we first got married. His mom currently lives in Anacortes. We are practically neighbors!!!

Marni
No kidding!! We're actually in Anacortes right now for a swim meet!!! I work up here, too!
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #303
o&smom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Happy Valley, OR
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
No kidding!! We're actually in Anacortes right now for a swim meet!!! I work up here, too!
That's even funnier!!! I was a competitive swimmer as a kid and into freshman year of college! I was a member of the Shelton Sharks AAU team in Shelton, WA from about 11 yrs old. As I got into high school I became a distance freestyler. What's your kids fav event and how old?


Marni
__________________
Disney Magic 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise August 2011
Disney Fantasy W Caribbean Cruise April 2012
Disney Magic 12-Day E Med Cruise June 2013
Disney Fantasy Very Merry Christmas/ New Year '14/'15 - Hello Gold!
Disney Magic N European Cruise June 2015
DL - 1/07, DLH 2/09, GC 1/10, GC 1/14
WDW - POR, Epcot, MK 4/12
DLP - 6/13
o&smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #304
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
That's even funnier!!! I was a competitive swimmer as a kid and into freshman year of college! I was a member of the Shelton Sharks AAU team in Shelton, WA from about 11 yrs old. As I got into high school I became a distance freestyler. What's your kids fav event and how old?


Marni
DD is 8, and officially can kick my butt!! She's far better on longer distances. Fly and IM's are her faves, but she did an amazing job today in the 500 Free. She's starting to get 10U gold times, so today when she qualified for 3 more events, she earned her way into a meet in Kamiak (Mukilteo) in 2 weeks. Sigh. And...we'd gambled that if she did personal bests and got a gold qualifying time, she'd get a new suit and goggles.....so....we owe her...
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:33 PM   #305
o&smom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Happy Valley, OR
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
DD is 8, and officially can kick my butt!! She's far better on longer distances. Fly and IM's are her faves, but she did an amazing job today in the 500 Free. She's starting to get 10U gold times, so today when she qualified for 3 more events, she earned her way into a meet in Kamiak (Mukilteo) in 2 weeks. Sigh. And...we'd gambled that if she did personal bests and got a gold qualifying time, she'd get a new suit and goggles.....so....we owe her...

Good for her! I hated fly! When is her bday? My DS is 8 and will turn 9 on July 13. Too funny!!

Marni
__________________
Disney Magic 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise August 2011
Disney Fantasy W Caribbean Cruise April 2012
Disney Magic 12-Day E Med Cruise June 2013
Disney Fantasy Very Merry Christmas/ New Year '14/'15 - Hello Gold!
Disney Magic N European Cruise June 2015
DL - 1/07, DLH 2/09, GC 1/10, GC 1/14
WDW - POR, Epcot, MK 4/12
DLP - 6/13
o&smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 12:20 AM   #306
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
DS will be turning 7 on the last sea day on the cruise - hopefully by then he will have made some friends and we can have a little party for him! That was one of the things I liked the most with this itinerary - the number of sea days.

How fun for him to celebrate his birthday on the ship! We did my son's 1st birthday on the Med cruise in 2007 (technically his birthday was the day after we got home, but who can have too much cake for a first birthday!?) and he loved it.

Our umbrella stroller is on its last legs after carting around DS at WDW the last few years. I think he may be well over the weight limit come next year! But it was certainly a necessity for us at WDW! Good to hear that there is less walking with Disney excursions - we are considering biting the bullet and forking out the $$$ for the ABD add on, once it is released.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossjen2 View Post
Just curious about what you and others have done regarding car seats/booster seats for your children on the flights and various modes of transportation in Europe? My son will be 4yrs2mths on the cruise....I've been thinking (and I know I have WAY too much time to figure it out) that at some of the ports, we might just grab a taxi or such and explore stuff on our own. While I know safety is of the most importance, the idea of lugging around a booster seat is not fun.
Well, last time we did bring carseats, but only when we took private vans for the entire day. And even then it was a total waste as the seatbelts didn't pull out to lock and we didn't have a locking clip for the seats, so basically useless. For a taxi I wouldn't even bother. In fact, we'll likely do some private vans again and not bring anything for our 3yo. I would like to, so maybe our backless booster, but she's super tiny (22lbs at 34" at 2yo), so she won't technically meet the reqs for our backless booster. Mind you, I am one of those, and I hate the term, "car seat nazis" at home. My 2yo is rearfacing, 5.5yo in a 5pt harness, and ~8yo just moved from harness to booster in November. So for me this is huge! But it was just such a waste of manpower last time with seatbelts that didn't work with carseats that I figure why bother? So we'll see with the backless booster, but that would be the extent, and only if I can leave it in one van all day, not carry it around cause *that* isn't happening with 3 kids to watch!
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #307
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Well, last time we did bring carseats, but only when we took private vans for the entire day. And even then it was a total waste as the seatbelts didn't pull out to lock and we didn't have a locking clip for the seats, so basically useless. For a taxi I wouldn't even bother. In fact, we'll likely do some private vans again and not bring anything for our 3yo. I would like to, so maybe our backless booster, but she's super tiny (22lbs at 34" at 2yo), so she won't technically meet the reqs for our backless booster. Mind you, I am one of those, and I hate the term, "car seat nazis" at home. My 2yo is rearfacing, 5.5yo in a 5pt harness, and ~8yo just moved from harness to booster in November. So for me this is huge! But it was just such a waste of manpower last time with seatbelts that didn't work with carseats that I figure why bother? So we'll see with the backless booster, but that would be the extent, and only if I can leave it in one van all day, not carry it around cause *that* isn't happening with 3 kids to watch!
My DH was certain that our boys would still be riding in booster seats when they went to middle school, but both were finally big enough for the vehicle seatbelt to do its job without the boost by the summers between 4th and 5th grade. And the thing is, the boys didn't mind sitting in the booster, so I don't know why he was so worried. Better safe than sorry, I say. I'd bring the backless booster for the younger one for those times you do have a vehicle that it will be helpful in.


o&smom - welcome to the group.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:13 AM   #308
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
Good for her! I hated fly! When is her bday? My DS is 8 and will turn 9 on July 13. Too funny!!

Marni
She turns 9 at the end of May!
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #309
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
My DH was certain that our boys would still be riding in booster seats when they went to middle school, but both were finally big enough for the vehicle seatbelt to do its job without the boost by the summers between 4th and 5th grade. And the thing is, the boys didn't mind sitting in the booster, so I don't know why he was so worried. Better safe than sorry, I say. I'd bring the backless booster for the younger one for those times you do have a vehicle that it will be helpful in.


o&smom - welcome to the group.

Very true and exactly how I see it. In fact, my oldest opted to sit in the harness cause she found it more comfortable than the booster till November. She still fit either way so it was fine with me. But my husband said the same sorta thing, like, "won't kids start teasing her?" We're lucky that several of her friends have the same harness to booster seat she has, some harnessed, some boostered, so never a complaint or criticism.
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #310
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,767

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
Very true and exactly how I see it. In fact, my oldest opted to sit in the harness cause she found it more comfortable than the booster till November. She still fit either way so it was fine with me. But my husband said the same sorta thing, like, "won't kids start teasing her?" We're lucky that several of her friends have the same harness to booster seat she has, some harnessed, some boostered, so never a complaint or criticism.
I think these days that kids just know that you ride in a booster seat until you're big enough to not. We never had an issue with friends teasing or kids at school in the car line. What's funny is that our boys still prefer to ride in the back seat even though they are teenagers and certainly big enough to ride in the front. In fact, one could get his learner's permit now and the other will be eligible in September, so we had to enforce the "you must ride in the front seat" rule if we don't have both adults in the car. After all, you can't drive from the back seat
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #311
o&smom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Happy Valley, OR
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
She turns 9 at the end of May!

Our DD bday is May 22. She will be 2 this year.

Marni
__________________
Disney Magic 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise August 2011
Disney Fantasy W Caribbean Cruise April 2012
Disney Magic 12-Day E Med Cruise June 2013
Disney Fantasy Very Merry Christmas/ New Year '14/'15 - Hello Gold!
Disney Magic N European Cruise June 2015
DL - 1/07, DLH 2/09, GC 1/10, GC 1/14
WDW - POR, Epcot, MK 4/12
DLP - 6/13
o&smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:49 PM   #312
o&smom
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Happy Valley, OR
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
So, in case you want to know how deep my craziness lies, I started a PTR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334


Love your PTR! It seems we follow you around a bit as we were on the last 2010 Med cruise and the last 2011 Alaska cruise as well.

Marni
__________________
Disney Magic 10-Day Mediterranean Cruise Sept 2010
Disney Wonder Alaska Cruise August 2011
Disney Fantasy W Caribbean Cruise April 2012
Disney Magic 12-Day E Med Cruise June 2013
Disney Fantasy Very Merry Christmas/ New Year '14/'15 - Hello Gold!
Disney Magic N European Cruise June 2015
DL - 1/07, DLH 2/09, GC 1/10, GC 1/14
WDW - POR, Epcot, MK 4/12
DLP - 6/13
o&smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #313
kmc33
DIS Veteran
 
kmc33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 949

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
So, in case you want to know how deep my craziness lies, I started a PTR:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334

Your PTR is a hoot! I'll bet my family wishes I would find a way to channel my Disney crazed energies instead of bugging them

Also, had to tell you... I had a similar conversation with my DH on his birthday -- it looks like our DHs share the same birthday!

I am so happy to have a place to come where others understand my Disney obsession!!1 I look forward to reading more of your PTR!
__________________
Kim
kmc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:50 PM   #314
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes
 
justhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 7,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
Our DD bday is May 22. She will be 2 this year.

Marni
My youngest will be 3yo on the cruise next year. Glad to hear there are some other little ones!
__________________
justhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #315
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner
 
MinnieDiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Oak Harbor, WA
Posts: 1,667

Quote:
Originally Posted by o&smom View Post
Love your PTR! It seems we follow you around a bit as we were on the last 2010 Med cruise and the last 2011 Alaska cruise as well.

Marni
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmc33 View Post
Your PTR is a hoot! I'll bet my family wishes I would find a way to channel my Disney crazed energies instead of bugging them

Also, had to tell you... I had a similar conversation with my DH on his birthday -- it looks like our DHs share the same birthday!

I am so happy to have a place to come where others understand my Disney obsession!!1 I look forward to reading more of your PTR!
Glad you all are enjoying it! I'm glad to have an outlet for my thoughts....

And Marni, that is too funny that 2 years in a row you've gone right after! Let me know if you wander up this way to see your MIL. We can have a mini dis meet!!
__________________



Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: