Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #2641
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post

nzdisneymom,

Did you (or anyone else) get your SF tix through Ticketmaster on the SF website? We were looking at the 11-12 slot on Friday as well. Are you doing the "Basilica" tour or the Basilica with "towers" or with "guide"?? I know kids under 11 are free, but will they enjoy the inside? Will the adults? Any other tips from anyone, including best way to get there (Looks like maybe the bus)? We are not on FB so did not see the report there.

Thanks!
We got ours thru ticketmaster. No towers, no guide. We are using the bus Turistic hoho bus for our sightseeing that day. It looks like a 25 minute stroll from where we are staying.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #2642
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
nzdisneymom,

Did you (or anyone else) get your SF tix through Ticketmaster on the SF website? We were looking at the 11-12 slot on Friday as well. Are you doing the "Basilica" tour or the Basilica with "towers" or with "guide"?? I know kids under 11 are free, but will they enjoy the inside? Will the adults? Any other tips from anyone, including best way to get there (Looks like maybe the bus)? We are not on FB so did not see the report there.

Thanks!
If the "tower" is taking the elevator up to the top, then we did it in 2010. Allison loved taking those dark windy steps down and the view from the top is amazing (but not any more spectacular from the view from the top of Park Guell). We didn't take any guided tours either.

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #2643
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Hello everyone! One more day in London then we head to Paris then Barcelona. We have had great weather so far. Hope it continues through our cruise. Safe travels everyone. See u in Barcelona.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #2644
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
Hello everyone! One more day in London then we head to Paris then Barcelona. We have had great weather so far. Hope it continues through our cruise. Safe travels everyone. See u in Barcelona.
Michael. What have you done and seen in London?

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:00 PM   #2645
Double Trouble
Ready for Vacation!

Quote:
Alas, we are so jealous you are already out there while we don't leave for another 3 days. Have a great time though!

Apr 2014, Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean, 7-day, Spring Break
Oct 2013, Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean 7-day, Just Because
Jun 2013, Disney Magic, Mediterranean 12-day (Inaugural Greece/Turkey), Father's Day
May 2013, Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Northbound Repo 7-day, Memorial Day
Nov 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Thanksgiving
Apr 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Spring Break
Dec 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 8-day, Christmas
Apr 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 10-day, Easter/Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2010, Mariner of the Seas, Pacific Coast 7-day (it's not Disney, but it was dirt cheap...so we went)
Apr 2009, Disney Magic, Western Caribbean 7-day, Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2008, Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Father's Day
Oct 2007, Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7-day, Halloween
Many others (non-DCL) before the DD's came along
Double Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #2646
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

My wife has a razor and my son has an iphone. Both work in Europe. My wife purchased additional data minutes for over seas. We have Verison and did not have to do anything special.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #2647
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Michael. What have you done and seen in London?
We did tower of London today. It was great and the kids loved it. Saw the crown jewels too. We ate at the original Hard Rock today. We did a walking tour of Westminster yesterday and Friday we did an Eccentric London tour. We have done all the walks with London Walks. They are a great walking tour group if u plan on hitting London while u r over here.

Have seen Buckingham palace today also.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #2648
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Quote:
We did tower of London today. It was great and the kids loved it. Saw the crown jewels too. We ate at the original Hard Rock today. We did a walking tour of Westminster yesterday and Friday we did an Eccentric London tour. We have done all the walks with London Walks. They are a great walking tour group if u plan on hitting London while u r over here.

Have seen Big Ben and Westminster Abby. We also did the London Eye also. Hard to keep up we have done so much in the three days we have been here.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #2649
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

London Walks is amazing! We recommend them, too. Glad you guys are having a good time - we loved London so much and can't wait to go back. Have a safe transfer to Paris and keep in touch. See you real soon.

Old 06-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #2650
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:

Have seen Big Ben and Westminster Abby. We also did the London Eye also. Hard to keep up we have done so much in the three days we have been here.
That sounds so geeat. I've never been to London. How are the kids holding up?

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #2651
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post

That sounds so geeat. I've never been to London. How are the kids holding up?
Mindy, you guys should plan a trip to London sometime. It is a fabulous city and I hope to have a chance to go back some time. It took me 46 years to get there the first time, I hope it doesn't take that long before I can go back. And honestly, if we hadn't been cruising in the Baltic when we did, I don't think I would have gotten there yet, so yay for Disney Cruise Line

Old 06-09-2013, 07:39 PM   #2652
BobandLee
Proud Parrothead with Mouse Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaulater View Post
Started packing for the 35 days in Europe. I keep taking stuff out. Trying to really keep things to a minimum and will do laundry numerous times.

One week from now we will be at the Orlando airport waiting for our departure to Paris! Can't wait to get this adventure started!
I was looking for the "LIKE" button, but forgot I was on the Dis trying to finally get caught up.
Won't be long.

xxx
x
The color of the ships at the water line is DARK BLUE. Always has been. Always will be.
BobandLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #2653
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:

We have done London Walks also, they are great walking tours!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #2654
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Strike Alert!

Several air traffic controllers are staging a strike from June 11 to June 13 - affecting flights in France, Italy, Greece, Hungary and more. No mention of Spain yet.

We are stressing - our flight arrives at CDG in Paris at 8:00 a.m. on june 14. Air France has committed to getting long haul flights into and out of Paris (although they don't rule out delays and last minute cancellations), but then we are on a short flight a couple hours later to Barcelona. Technically the strike will be over but I'm worried the back up will cause complete chaos. There are several other flights to BCN that day, plus we could always take the train. This is exactly why we would never plan on arriving in a port on embarkation day!

Hope everyone else gets there safely and with minimal delays.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #2655
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Several air traffic controllers are staging a strike from June 11 to June 13 - affecting flights in France, Italy, Greece, Hungary and more. No mention of Spain yet.

We are stressing - our flight arrives at CDG in Paris at 8:00 a.m. on june 14. Air France has committed to getting long haul flights into and out of Paris (although they don't rule out delays and last minute cancellations), but then we are on a short flight a couple hours later to Barcelona. Technically the strike will be over but I'm worried the back up will cause complete chaos. There are several other flights to BCN that day, plus we could always take the train. This is exactly why we would never plan on arriving in a port on embarkation day!

Hope everyone else gets there safely and with minimal delays.
Thanks for posting this. I'm hoping there will be loads of pixie dust to get us all there on time and without event.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: