Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #2626
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern Bay Area
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
The chocolate souffle can only be had at Palo.
Sounds great! I will make sure that I make extra room for it when we dine there

Thanks!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #2627
Tozzie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,957

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
Sounds great! I will make sure that I make extra room for it when we dine there

Thanks!
Make sure you tell them when you order your dinner that you want the chocolate dessert they make them individually and you won't have to wait for it to bake if you tell them early
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #2628
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Northern Bay Area
Posts: 550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
Make sure you tell them when you order your dinner that you want the chocolate dessert they make them individually and you won't have to wait for it to bake if you tell them early
Wow! Must be real special. Thank you!

DH is looking forward to the vacation and eating at Palo's.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #2629
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner
 
ImprovGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,376

It's getting closer!

Here's my answers to the questions:
1) When does your vacation begin? (out the door, flight, Spain, boarding...)
I've got a night flight Thursday night around 10pm BOS-FRA(4.5 hr layover during which time I hope to find an arrivals lounge I can use for a shower)and then FRA-BCN. I'm staying at the Four Points Barcelona Diagonal so I'll be grabbing a cab to the hotel and then a cab to the port the following morning.

2) What are you most looking forward to tasting?
So many ports... so many different cheeses... I also have a Barcelona quest for a cafe I read about that specializes in torrones.


3) What is your favorite secret that you know or have heard about on the Magic?
Hmmmm... that despite having cruised on that ship 6 times before, I still have a tough time picking out the elevator buttons in the deck 3 forward Beat Street cityscape design.

4) Which port are you most excited about? Least?
I'm most excited for Malta, Ephesus, Mykonos, and Piraeus since it will be my first visit to those places.
I can't really say that I'm least excited for any of the ports. For the repeat ports I chose excursions that will take me to areas I haven't seen before. For example, at Civitavecchia instead of going into Rome, I'm doing the Bracciano and Wine Tasting excursion.

5) How will you dress for pirate night?
I'm dining in Palo with my friends that night, so I have a chiffon dress that has a subtle skull print.

6) What one thing do you wish you'd known before your first cruise?
Before my first cruise, I wish I'd known how simple it is to meet so many interesting and wonderful people just by being friendly and outgoing. And then what I wish I'd known before my second cruise is that 1) the crew has phenomenal memories to recognize guests from previous cruises and 2) it's a complete lie if anyone says "you're on vacation and you'll never see these people again". This will be cruise #17 for me and each time I cruise I run into familiar faces among guests and crew.

7) Most irrational fear about this vacation?
That I'll wake up lactose-intolerant and not be able to have the wonderful cheeses or gelatos.

8) Most rational fear about this vacation?
It's not really a fear, per se, but since I'm travelling solo until I board the ship, I'll be particularly on my guard.

9) What moment are you most looking forward to?
Leaving work on Thursday.

10) Who are you most looking forward to meeting/seeing?
Friends and Friends-I've-Yet-to-Meet
__________________
ImprovGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #2630
disfamilyfun
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 53

Getting ready


Will spend most of the weekend washing and packing. Getting hair done the day before we leave. So much to do.

We dress for formal and semi - formal night ( 3 women). We never dress up for pirate night, but one year we will.

When we leave Dulles our phones will stay on airplane mode. We all have iphones and we thought about getting international for the time away. Surprisingly my daughter was like no - cruise vacations are family time (minus her time in the Vibe) and we don't use our phones. Guess we won't be using the phones.

few work things still do to but then off to relax
disfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:17 PM   #2631
canadakath
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 223

At this time 1 week from now it will be cruise day in Barcelona! (accounting for the time difference of course!) When are folks planning on going to the port? We got a port arrival time of 12:30, but we'll probably check out of our hotel at 11 and head right to the port via a cab. Just not keen on keeping track of kids, luggage and DH while trying to navigate public transport!

The kids have Monday off of school, then only 2 days. They will miss two weeks of school, but at that point it doesn't seem to be "did you watch a movie in school today", but "how many movies did you watch in school today! I have to work Thursday morning, but I'm so giddy it doesn't matter.

Unfortunately DS1 seems to have a bit of a head cold I feel it a bit too, although it's hard to tell because seasonal allergies are in full swing here.

Still lots to do! Going to do a "practice pack" tomorrow to see if I need anything else. Want to be able to make it through 7 days between laundry, but also want to fit 4 people's stuff into two suitcases! A challenge my engineering mind is looking forward to! Have already decided that what we wear for semi-formal night will do for formal night and our dinner at Palo's. Sorry if we offend anyone for not being in tuxes and ball gowns

Looking forward to meeting everyone on embarkation day! Safe travels all!
__________________
Kath, DH, DS 9 , DS 7

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #2632
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDC Nala View Post
I have an old Iphone. I am putting it in airplane mode and it will stay that way. Might turn it on to use internet without taking it out of airplane mode, but only in ports or Barcelona if there is wifi available.
Barcelona has several areas where there is free wifi. For more information: http://www.bcn.cat/barcelonawifi/en/

Of course the usual spots also have free wifi like McDs. Our hotel has free wifi in the lobby. Even the bus tour we are doing offers free wifi. Connection speeds are likely to be less than optimal but adequate for checking in with family and friends.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #2633
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,788

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprovGal View Post
It's getting closer!

Here's my answers to the questions:
1) When does your vacation begin? (out the door, flight, Spain, boarding...)
I've got a night flight Thursday night around 10pm BOS-FRA(4.5 hr layover during which time I hope to find an arrivals lounge I can use for a shower)and then FRA-BCN. I'm staying at the Four Points Barcelona Diagonal so I'll be grabbing a cab to the hotel and then a cab to the port the following morning.

2) What are you most looking forward to tasting?
So many ports... so many different cheeses... I also have a Barcelona quest for a cafe I read about that specializes in torrones.

3) What is your favorite secret that you know or have heard about on the Magic?
Hmmmm... that despite having cruised on that ship 6 times before, I still have a tough time picking out the elevator buttons in the deck 3 forward Beat Street cityscape design.

4) Which port are you most excited about? Least?
I'm most excited for Malta, Ephesus, Mykonos, and Piraeus since it will be my first visit to those places.
I can't really say that I'm least excited for any of the ports. For the repeat ports I chose excursions that will take me to areas I haven't seen before. For example, at Civitavecchia instead of going into Rome, I'm doing the Bracciano and Wine Tasting excursion.

5) How will you dress for pirate night?
I'm dining in Palo with my friends that night, so I have a chiffon dress that has a subtle skull print.

6) What one thing do you wish you'd known before your first cruise?
Before my first cruise, I wish I'd known how simple it is to meet so many interesting and wonderful people just by being friendly and outgoing. And then what I wish I'd known before my second cruise is that 1) the crew has phenomenal memories to recognize guests from previous cruises and 2) it's a complete lie if anyone says "you're on vacation and you'll never see these people again". This will be cruise #17 for me and each time I cruise I run into familiar faces among guests and crew.

7) Most irrational fear about this vacation?
That I'll wake up lactose-intolerant and not be able to have the wonderful cheeses or gelatos.

8) Most rational fear about this vacation?
It's not really a fear, per se, but since I'm travelling solo until I board the ship, I'll be particularly on my guard.

9) What moment are you most looking forward to?
Leaving work on Thursday.

10) Who are you most looking forward to meeting/seeing?
Friends and Friends-I've-Yet-to-Meet
DH and I are doing the Bracciano excursion on our 2nd cruise. I'd love to hear more about it after you do it, so if we bump into each other after Civitavecchia day, maybe we can chat about it. We are leaving the teenagers sleeping on the ship that morning.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #2634
Tozzie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 2,957

For anyone who wants to know the weather forcast for the cruise, my travel agent sent me a link to a great website that will give you a 10 day forcast based on the cruise you are on so all the ports are listed.

Here is the link http://www.cruiseoutlook.com/report/...gic-2013-06-15
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 PM   #2635
canadakath
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 223

I just noticed a potential issue with the FE list totals. pawhitejr's info does not show the 3 kids in the "Total Number of Children" column. So the total number of kids should be 57 instead of 54. I was cutting it close (only had one extra FE) so I'll make a few more to be safe.
__________________
Kath, DH, DS 9 , DS 7

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #2636
Cali Tracy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie
For anyone who wants to know the weather forcast for the cruise, my travel agent sent me a link to a great website that will give you a 10 day forcast based on the cruise you are on so all the ports are listed.

Here is the link http://www.cruiseoutlook.com/report/...gic-2013-06-15
This is great! Thanks for sharing!
Cali Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #2637
Meum
Mouseketeer
 
Meum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 209

ok, something is wrong, I did a practice pack today and I have fit everything we are taking into 2 bags and they are both between 40 & 45 pounds what am I forgetting????????????????????????? when we did the Baltic cruise in 2010 I had 3 bags of the same size that i'm using this time hubby is thrilled, but i'm looking through the house for a stash of stuff that needs to be packed
__________________
Disneyland - every year
Disney World - 1985,2000,2002,2007
Disneyland Paris 2004,2010
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:45 PM   #2638
lllpath
Mouseketeer
 
lllpath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 204

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfamilyfun View Post
Will spend most of the weekend washing and packing. Getting hair done the day before we leave. So much to do.

We dress for formal and semi - formal night ( 3 women). We never dress up for pirate night, but one year we will.

When we leave Dulles our phones will stay on airplane mode. We all have iphones and we thought about getting international for the time away. Surprisingly my daughter was like no - cruise vacations are family time (minus her time in the Vibe) and we don't use our phones. Guess we won't be using the phones.

few work things still do to but then off to relax
When are you all leaving? We are leaving from Dulles on Wednesday evening (connecting through Brussels).
__________________
Always remember the magic!
2015 - 9-Day Norwegian on the Magic
2014 - Southern Caribbean on the Magic
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #2639
Double Trouble
Ready for Vacation!
 
Double Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Too Far from the Beach!
Posts: 229

June Events

Just to break the monotony of prepping for a few minutes, thought I'd throw out some events for our cruise to look forward to...

Sunday, June 16 (Villefranche): Father's Day

Friday, June 21 (Piraeus): Summer Solstice (first day of summer/longest day of the year)

Sunday, June 23 (Mykonos): Full Moon...it's actually a "supermoon" as it's the largest and closest to the Earth in all of 2013. Sounds like a great excuse for a party! (like we really need one)
__________________
Double Trouble DD(10; 11 on next cruise!) DD(10; 11 on next cruise!)

Apr 2014, Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean, 7-day, Spring Break
Oct 2013, Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean 7-day, Just Because
Jun 2013, Disney Magic, Mediterranean 12-day (Inaugural Greece/Turkey), Father's Day
May 2013, Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Northbound Repo 7-day, Memorial Day
Nov 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Thanksgiving
Apr 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Spring Break
Dec 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 8-day, Christmas
Apr 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 10-day, Easter/Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2010, Mariner of the Seas, Pacific Coast 7-day (it's not Disney, but it was dirt cheap...so we went)
Apr 2009, Disney Magic, Western Caribbean 7-day, Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2008, Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Father's Day
Oct 2007, Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7-day, Halloween
Many others (non-DCL) before the DD's came along
Double Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #2640
Double Trouble
Ready for Vacation!
 
Double Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Too Far from the Beach!
Posts: 229

Sagrada Familia Tix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

Friday we have our Sagrada tix for 11 AM and based on Ame's report via Facebook, you'd better not be late for your time! So we aren't planning anything for before that. We bought our tix online - is it too late to get yours if you really want to do it and avoid the lines? We wouldn't do it if we had to wait in a long line (darn that WDW for spoiling us with Fast Passes).
nzdisneymom,

Did you (or anyone else) get your SF tix through Ticketmaster on the SF website? We were looking at the 11-12 slot on Friday as well. Are you doing the "Basilica" tour or the Basilica with "towers" or with "guide"?? I know kids under 11 are free, but will they enjoy the inside? Will the adults? Any other tips from anyone, including best way to get there (Looks like maybe the bus)? We are not on FB so did not see the report there.

Thanks!
__________________
Double Trouble DD(10; 11 on next cruise!) DD(10; 11 on next cruise!)

Apr 2014, Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean, 7-day, Spring Break
Oct 2013, Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean 7-day, Just Because
Jun 2013, Disney Magic, Mediterranean 12-day (Inaugural Greece/Turkey), Father's Day
May 2013, Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Northbound Repo 7-day, Memorial Day
Nov 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Thanksgiving
Apr 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Spring Break
Dec 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 8-day, Christmas
Apr 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 10-day, Easter/Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2010, Mariner of the Seas, Pacific Coast 7-day (it's not Disney, but it was dirt cheap...so we went)
Apr 2009, Disney Magic, Western Caribbean 7-day, Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2008, Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Father's Day
Oct 2007, Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7-day, Halloween
Many others (non-DCL) before the DD's came along
Double Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: