Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #2596
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
I seem to remember earlier a post that there are two Renaissance hotels. Which one is the cruise meet on Thursday and Friday evening?
Renaissance Barcelona. Pau Claris 122. It's a block from the Passeig de Gracia metro stop. The other one has Fira in the name. And then there is the one at the airport.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...rcelona-hotel/ is the link to the website. There are directions there and a map. Meets start at 7 until... definitely come and go, just a chance to start putting names and faces together and meet in person. The Friday one will break up around 8 for those who are going to the Magic Fountain together, but those who aren't are welcome to hang out or move the party elsewhere.

There are pictures of the lobby area on the website... It looks like it will work as a good place to meet. Hope you can make it one of the nights.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #2597
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I just noticed from our thread title that we are traveling back in time. Hee Hee. Anyone have keys to the DeLorean?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #2598
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Renaissance Barcelona. Pau Claris 122. It's a block from the Passeig de Gracia metro stop. The other one has Fira in the name. And then there is the one at the airport.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...rcelona-hotel/ is the link to the website. There are directions there and a map. Meets start at 7 until... definitely come and go, just a chance to start putting names and faces together and meet in person. The Friday one will break up around 8 for those who are going to the Magic Fountain together, but those who aren't are welcome to hang out or move the party elsewhere.

There are pictures of the lobby area on the website... It looks like it will work as a good place to meet. Hope you can make it one of the nights.
Thanks for the info and the quick response as we leave tomorrow evening, on the flight over the pond. We are planning on Thursday evening and then going to Magic Fountain.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:52 PM   #2599
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post

Thanks for the info and the quick response as we leave tomorrow evening, on the flight over the pond. We are planning on Thursday evening and then going to Magic Fountain.
Have a safe trip!

Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #2600
Tozzie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Is anyone else staying at the Hilton Diagonal?

It seems that so many of you all are at the Renaissance, but I wondered if there would be any other DIS'ers at our hotel.
I haven't visited this thread in forever due to some family reasons but I am staying at the Hilton but I am not flying in until the 14, didn't have that much extra vacation time.
Tozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #2601
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
I just noticed from our thread title that we are traveling back in time. Hee Hee. Anyone have keys to the DeLorean?
You just noticed that? It's been driving me nuts the entire time. And the person that started this hasn't posted since that first page, I think.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:33 PM   #2602
Meum
Mouseketeer

Quote:

it's about a 25 minute walk from our hotel to the renaissance! so we'll do that and see y'all on Friday night and then go with you to the fountains!!! looking forward to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
You just noticed that? It's been driving me nuts the entire time. And the person that started this hasn't posted since that first page, I think.
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:19 AM   #2603
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tozzie View Post
I haven't visited this thread in forever due to some family reasons but I am staying at the Hilton but I am not flying in until the 14, didn't have that much extra vacation time.

Hi Tozzie!

Do you have anything planned there yet?

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #2604
Deb in IA

Quote:
I just finished putting together our itinerary for BCN - Thursday will be check in at the hotel, find some food, have a little rest, then head over to Montjuic via the Bus Turistic so we can do the cable car (weather and lines permitting) and see a couple of other things over that way, then back to the hotel to chill.

Friday we have our Sagrada tix for 11 AM and based on Ame's report via Facebook, you'd better not be late for your time! So we aren't planning anything for before that. We bought our tix online - is it too late to get yours if you really want to do it and avoid the lines? We wouldn't do it if we had to wait in a long line (darn that WDW for spoiling us with Fast Passes). Then we want to go over to the Barri Gothic area and see a few things there, then rest, take care of whatever DCL administrative things we can do (like checking in if they have that at the hotel like they've had in the past), and just hanging out til time to meet and head over to the Magic Fountain.

No, we're not - we don't attend them, just go to Topsiders instead ever since our first cruise when one of the boys had way too much chicken and mac/cheese and puked his way out of the dining room all over DH's suit pants and dress shoes. My guys don't want to dress up, and getting them into long pants / collared shirts for dinner will be enough of an ordeal. We are one of those families that you will see in the dining room with shorts on if dinner is right as we come back from a shore excursion. But not on formal or semi-formal night (which of course are typically sea days so no worries). Nothing special for Pirate Night either. We tend to be more "observers" than participants.
Sounds like a great itinerary!
I was thinking about doing some pre-booking from home, but decided to play it by ear. Don't know how tired we will be, etc.
I think I will check with the concierge to see if we can still get tix to Sagrada or the flamenco show when we get there.

We used to go all out for the Formal nights - rental tux, etc. We like to get formal family pictures, and this was about the only time we had to do that. But the guys (DH and DS) are just going with their dress suits this time. Easier than doing the cruiseformalwear.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Tracy View Post
Called DCL today about dining and also asked if they happened to have movie info. was told to expect: Iron Man 3, Lincoln, Wreck-It Ralph, Frankenweenie, Finding Nemo, Oz the Great and Powerful, Brave, Avengers, Chimpanzee, Tangled, and Monsters University! (some are in 3D)
Looking forward to the Monsters University! Have already seen Iron Man 3, Lincoln, Wreck-It Ralph, Finding Nemo, Brave,Avengers, Tangled, and Frankenweenie, though. Was hoping for Superman Man of Steel, but didn't think that was likely, since it is a Warner Bros. movie, and not Disney.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Have to admit; I kept thinking "something" was not quite right with that title, but couldn't figure out what! DUH!

Wonder what happened to armyferret? Her ticker seems to indicate that she is still going on this cruise.

We were on another cruise meet thread with something similar - someone started the thread, then disappeared . . .

Last edited by Deb in IA; 06-07-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #2605
Deb in IA

Oh, does anyone know what the weather is supposed to be there during the cruise?

Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #2606
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Oh, does anyone know what the weather is supposed to be there during the cruise?
Low 70's in Barcelona, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, and La Spezia/CT area with a low of 60's at night in Barcelona.

So, excited!!!!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:54 AM   #2607
Deb in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
Low 70's in Barcelona, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, and La Spezia/CT area with a low of 60's at night in Barcelona.

So, excited!!!!
Ooooh, sounds great!
I was afraid it would be hot, hot, hot, but 60's and 70's are perfect!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #2608
Deb in IA

Yikes!

Was making copies of our driver's licenses (great idea, lllpath ) when I noticed that DS's graduated license expired on his 18th birthday a few weeks ago!!

Off to the DMV today!!

Last edited by Deb in IA; 06-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:09 AM   #2609
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA

Ooooh, sounds great!
I was afraid it would be hot, hot, hot, but 60's and 70's are perfect!
But it will be HOT HOT HOT in Greece and Turkey. Just drink lots of water!

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #2610
Deb in IA

Cell phone in Europe?

Here's another quick question:

How are you all handling cell phones?

Are there pre-paid plans/cards that can be used for your personal cell phones in Europe?

We all have various phones (kids with iPhones, DH with an Android, me with a regular phone) through Verizon.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Oh, and don't forget to call your credit card companies and tell them you will be in Europe! We were in Chicago for the weekend, and the fraud unit initially denied our charge to the 7-11 there, until we verified that was us!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: