Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #2581
disfamilyfun
Earning My Ears

Safe travels

Safe travels all!
disfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #2582
BluegrassBelles
Mouseketeer

We are staying there also
Register to remove

Old 06-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #2583
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof34man View Post
Our family is also flying out on the 12th from SFO. We can't wait! The kids are almost done with school....yeah!

Time for all those last minute things. Have a safe trip to Barcelona everyone!
Do you live in the Bay Area? We are originally from the peninsula but now live in Virginia. Our license plate is SFO! Safe travels

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #2584
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath View Post
Also...it's a good idea (if you have a way to make copies at home) to make a copy of the first page of your passports, credit cards, DL just in case (God forbid) something is stolen or misplaced. I also photograph my luggage so that if lost (it did on our way home from our Medi cruise in 2007), I show them the photo with exact dimensions. It worked and I had my luggage within 24 hours.
Those are really great tips. Another thing we do it put a large address label on the outside of our luggage tags that has our destination information on it while our permanent info is on the inside of the luggage tag (we have a hard plastic covered kind). On the label we put our names and the dates / locations we'll be. In this case, we'll list the Renaissance Barcelona for June 13-14 (with address, phone) and June 15 Disney Cruise Line Magic from Port of Barcelona. Inside the suitcase we'll have a fuller itinerary. For the trip home, we'll replace that label with ones we've pre-printed that will have our ATL information (we're staying over a night). That way if our luggage is delayed and the baggage people look at the luggage tag first, they won't have to guess as to where we'll be or call our house where we won't be nor will they need to rummage through our luggage for destination information.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:29 PM   #2585
momof34man
Earning My Ears

Yes, we are from the Bay Area. I love the helpful tips. I keep thinking I'm bringing too much stuff. How many pairs of shorts and/or capris are people bringing for the trip? I am planning on doing laundry on the ship.
momof34man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #2586
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, we are from the Bay Area. I love the helpful tips. I keep thinking I'm bringing too much stuff. How many pairs of shorts and/or capris are people bringing for the trip? I am planning on doing laundry on the ship.
For DH and the boys, they are packing 6 pairs of shorts, 6 t-shirts, two pairs of long pants, and two collared shirts. I have a similar list but instead of six pairs of shorts, I have three and then I have five capris because some can be used for dinner. One pair of jeans and one casual dress. And tops to coordinate. Plus the outfit we wear traveling. We, too, are planning to do laundry. We will leave on Tuesday and.not have laundry day until Sunday (or maybe Saturday if its not too busy with everyone else who has been traveling several days already). If an item won't be worn at least twice, it doesn't go.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #2587
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
For DH and the boys, they are packing 6 pairs of shorts, 6 t-shirts, two pairs of long pants, and two collared shirts. I have a similar list but instead of six pairs of shorts, I have three and then I have five capris because some can be used for dinner. One pair of jeans and one casual dress. And tops to coordinate. Plus the outfit we wear traveling. We, too, are planning to do laundry. We will leave on Tuesday and.not have laundry day until Sunday (or maybe Saturday if its not too busy with everyone else who has been traveling several days already). If an item won't be worn at least twice, it doesn't go.
Last items going into the space saver bags this weekend.

See you all soon!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #2588
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassBelles View Post
We are staying there also

Hi Bluegrass!

When are you getting in? We are arriving around 9 am on Thursday, June 13, and I have absolutely nothing planned in Barcelona. I left it that way, because I had no idea how tired we would be or what the surroundings would be like.

I'm thinking about doing the Las Ramblas, finding a good tapas bar, and seeing La Sagrada Familia (but I hear the lines are terrible, bad reviews on Trip Advisor), maybe the Flamenco show/dinner, maybe the Piccasso Museum.

Oh, and by the way, I have roots in the Commonwealth of Kentucky - I was born in Louisville, and grew up right across the river from there in Clarksville, IN!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #2589
Deb in IA

These are great packing tips! I always think I am packing too much.

I hate to waste time on vacation doing laundry, but I can't imagine going 16 days without it!

Old 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #2590
Deb in IA

Quote:

Are you packing anything special for Formal/Semi-formal nights, Pirate night?

Old 06-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #2591
Meum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
we are leaving from SFO on the 12th as well!!!! we are flying KLM to Schipol, what are you flying?

as for laundry, I don't want to do it! in 2010 I picked the afternoon we left warnemunde and missed all the horn blowing and fun stuff I also don't want to stink during the trip so we'll see what happens. I've got all clothes ironed and hanging up (or folded) and just ready to be put in the suitcases then i'll find out how much I have to leave behind
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #2592
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
When are you getting in? We are arriving around 9 am on Thursday, June 13, and I have absolutely nothing planned in Barcelona. I left it that way, because I had no idea how tired we would be or what the surroundings would be like.

I'm thinking about doing the Las Ramblas, finding a good tapas bar, and seeing La Sagrada Familia (but I hear the lines are terrible, bad reviews on Trip Advisor), maybe the Flamenco show/dinner, maybe the Piccasso Museum.

Oh, and by the way, I have roots in the Commonwealth of Kentucky - I was born in Louisville, and grew up right across the river from there in Clarksville, IN!
I just finished putting together our itinerary for BCN - Thursday will be check in at the hotel, find some food, have a little rest, then head over to Montjuic via the Bus Turistic so we can do the cable car (weather and lines permitting) and see a couple of other things over that way, then back to the hotel to chill.

Friday we have our Sagrada tix for 11 AM and based on Ame's report via Facebook, you'd better not be late for your time! So we aren't planning anything for before that. We bought our tix online - is it too late to get yours if you really want to do it and avoid the lines? We wouldn't do it if we had to wait in a long line (darn that WDW for spoiling us with Fast Passes). Then we want to go over to the Barri Gothic area and see a few things there, then rest, take care of whatever DCL administrative things we can do (like checking in if they have that at the hotel like they've had in the past), and just hanging out til time to meet and head over to the Magic Fountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Are you packing anything special for Formal/Semi-formal nights, Pirate night?
No, we're not - we don't attend them, just go to Topsiders instead ever since our first cruise when one of the boys had way too much chicken and mac/cheese and puked his way out of the dining room all over DH's suit pants and dress shoes. My guys don't want to dress up, and getting them into long pants / collared shirts for dinner will be enough of an ordeal. We are one of those families that you will see in the dining room with shorts on if dinner is right as we come back from a shore excursion. But not on formal or semi-formal night (which of course are typically sea days so no worries). Nothing special for Pirate Night either. We tend to be more "observers" than participants.

Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #2593
Cali Tracy
Earning My Ears

Smile Movies onboard

Called DCL today about dining and also asked if they happened to have movie info. was told to expect: Iron Man 3, Lincoln, Wreck-It Ralph, Frankenweenie, Finding Nemo, Oz the Great and Powerful, Brave, Avengers, Chimpanzee, Tangled, and Monsters University! (some are in 3D)
Cali Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:25 PM   #2594
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

I seem to remember earlier a post that there are two Renaissance hotels. Which one is the cruise meet on Thursday and Friday evening?

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #2595
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Those are really great tips. Another thing we do it put a large address label on the outside of our luggage tags that has our destination information on it while our permanent info is on the inside of the luggage tag (we have a hard plastic covered kind). On the label we put our names and the dates / locations we'll be. In this case, we'll list the Renaissance Barcelona for June 13-14 (with address, phone) and June 15 Disney Cruise Line Magic from Port of Barcelona. Inside the suitcase we'll have a fuller itinerary. For the trip home, we'll replace that label with ones we've pre-printed that will have our ATL information (we're staying over a night). That way if our luggage is delayed and the baggage people look at the luggage tag first, they won't have to guess as to where we'll be or call our house where we won't be nor will they need to rummage through our luggage for destination information.
I do the same thing! I travel a lot for work and these strategies have worked for me thankfully.
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: