Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #2551
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

For those interested in going to the Magic Fountains on Friday night, June 14th, the 9:00 PM show is Remix Disney. Here are the rest of the shows.

From the Renaissance Barcelona, we will take the metro, L3, from the Passeig de Garcia station to the Placa Espanya station. Here's the metro map online. The nearest metro stop to the hotel is the Passeig de Garcia where lines 3 and 4 meet. And while I'm at it, here's info about fares. It seems that because the route is all within Zone 1 that we can use a T10 card for 9,80 Euro for our family (and have two uses left over) rather than paying 2 euro per person each way (which would be 16 euro round trip for the 4 of us). The T10 card gives you 10 uses and can be shared among your group, so you just have to be careful putting it in and out of the machine.

It looks like we should allow about 30-45 minutes to get there with plenty of tie to spary (it may be pretty busy) from the hotel to include time to walk to the metro stop (which is very close to the hotel), purchase required metro tix (we may go get ours earlier in the day), getting to the stop, and then walking to the fountains from the metro stop, so I'd say if we leave the Renaissance Barcelona no later than 8:00 pm, we should be there in plenty of time for the Remix Disney show at 9:00 PM. It looks like the next performance starts at 9:17 PM so we can still be back to our respective hotels and apartments before we turn into pumpkins ala Cinderella's coach.

So does that sound like a good plan, or does someone have other suggestions (I'm open, I had originally planned to just ask the concierge at the hotel for the best way to do it but tonight I was working on our Barcelona details and had the Streetwise Map out and saw how easy it looked). Feel free to jump in with your experience or other information we may have overlooked. Can't wait to be there next week!!!!

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #2552
disfamilyfun
Earning My Ears

New to the group

I am new to the group and I have been reading many of the posts, so I felt I should post something. My mom, my daughter (16), and I can't wait to to fly out and start our vacation. We have cruised many times with DCL, but have never cruised in the Med so we are excited.

Thanks for all the great posts.

Newbie Malikah
disfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #2553
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfamilyfun View Post
I am new to the group and I have been reading many of the posts, so I felt I should post something. My mom, my daughter (16), and I can't wait to to fly out and start our vacation. We have cruised many times with DCL, but have never cruised in the Med so we are excited.

Newbie Malikah
Welcome Malikah. We have a really fun group here. Are you on Facebook? We have a fun group there as well. If you're on Facebook look us up.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #2554
disfamilyfun
Earning My Ears

I will look on Facebook tonight! I am just so ready to pack and leave. DD has school until Friday and I will be working from home until then.
disfamilyfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #2555
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Newbie Malikah
Welcome to the group! Glad you found us. There is a meet and greet scheduled for boarding day at 3:00 PM in promenade Lounge so if you all are able, come by to meet everyone.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #2556
lambego
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your dedication and hardworking!
lambego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #2557
lambego
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath View Post
Just wait a little while and I will check the spreadsheet. things may have shifted incorrectly when I moved long_time_cruiser to deck 6. I cannot do it until I get home from work.
Thank you for your dedication and hardwork - for all of us!!!
Old 06-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #2558
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
For those interested in going to the Magic Fountains on Friday night, June 14th, the 9:00 PM show is Remix Disney. Here are the rest of the shows.

From the Renaissance Barcelona, we will take the metro, L3, from the Passeig de Garcia station to the Placa Espanya station. Here's the metro map online. The nearest metro stop to the hotel is the Passeig de Garcia where lines 3 and 4 meet. And while I'm at it, here's info about fares. It seems that because the route is all within Zone 1 that we can use a T10 card for 9,80 Euro for our family (and have two uses left over) rather than paying 2 euro per person each way (which would be 16 euro round trip for the 4 of us). The T10 card gives you 10 uses and can be shared among your group, so you just have to be careful putting it in and out of the machine.

It looks like we should allow about 30-45 minutes to get there with plenty of tie to spary (it may be pretty busy) from the hotel to include time to walk to the metro stop (which is very close to the hotel), purchase required metro tix (we may go get ours earlier in the day), getting to the stop, and then walking to the fountains from the metro stop, so I'd say if we leave the Renaissance Barcelona no later than 8:00 pm, we should be there in plenty of time for the Remix Disney show at 9:00 PM. It looks like the next performance starts at 9:17 PM so we can still be back to our respective hotels and apartments before we turn into pumpkins ala Cinderella's coach.

So does that sound like a good plan, or does someone have other suggestions (I'm open, I had originally planned to just ask the concierge at the hotel for the best way to do it but tonight I was working on our Barcelona details and had the Streetwise Map out and saw how easy it looked). Feel free to jump in with your experience or other information we may have overlooked. Can't wait to be there next week!!!!
Here's a YouTube video of the Barcelona Metro L3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-uy5FqaHi8

For those of you unsure and hesitant about Barcelona at night, it's a beautiful city with wonderful helpful people.

We stayed two blocks from the Magic Fountain in 2010 for the MedCruise. It's so nice. Warm. Just be aware of your surroundings at all times. We had a great time. We were 3 families with a total of 11 people including 5 children and 2 grandparents.

Great experience! We are staying in la Nova Esquerra de l'Eixample neighborhood this time.

Very excited. We might even walk back to our apt. It's 20 mins. from the fountains.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:43 AM   #2559
Boomerang4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
The only thing I've updated was long_time_cruiser's cabin # and changed the Disname from the previous DISer to Momof34Man. I have not gone through the final FE list to see if there were other changes.
Thanks Connie, Cindy, and IIIPath.

Lots of hard work.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #2560
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Newbie Malikah
Welcome to the group! Where are you flying in from there are several of us that are meeting up on various days on different flights. If you go to FB they are posted!
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #2561
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:

Newbie Malikah
Welcome to the group!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #2562
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath View Post
Apparently when I moved long_time_cruiser to Deck 6, things in the spreadsheet shifted incorrectly.

I believe that this version is accurate and should be the version for use on the cruise.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3rs...it?usp=sharing
THANK YOU SO MUCH for doing this!!!

And sorry to be a pain, I just didn't want to end up with another family's gifts!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #2563
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Mini-Meet-up for those DIY in VF and CT

Families who are DIY to VF & CT will meet @ Renaissance on Friday before 7 p.m. Just for 15 mins. to discuss a preliminary plan as to Preliminary.

I will add the event list.

Then, we will meet at the Promenade lounge at 3:45 p.m. to discuss who wants to walk to the Train, or walk to the Train and take it to final destination.

Note: If we are not off the ship at the same time, it is important to have the group go ahead with as the plan for a designated time to disembark for the VF and CT excursion.

For example, we can also preface that if any family is 5 mins. late, the families and groups will need to leave.

It is important that we are respectful that families are not held up by waiting for another family.

Again, this is for families who want to DIY in VF and CT and feel more comfortable traveling in groups.

Heck, it's always fun to have fun families traveling together.
  • taking pictures of each other's families
  • sharing a nice lunch together
  • Children swimming together and sharing stories about their home town
  • having a gelato eating contest.
  • Just to name a few...
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #2564
lambego
Earning My Ears

Can items be shipped directly to the ship?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #2565
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Well everyone do not know if I will get a chance to post this evening. We leave tomorrow at 1:30 from HSV and our flight departs Atlanta at 5:45. I am super excited.

Just want to say I hope everyone has a safe trip to Barcelona.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: