Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #2386
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We leave in 19 days!!!!!
We when Cindy and family leaves!
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #2387
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

It's not too early to put in your "hold mail" request with the USPS. We did ours today.

http://www.usps.com

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #2388
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's not too early to put in your "hold mail" request with the USPS. We did ours today.

Thanks for the reminder! I thought I'd share this experience with USPS "mail hold"... In December, our family were on the eastbound Panama Canal cruise and had ordered some Christmas gifts that we hoped to arrive before we leave. A few shipped by UPS and FedEx didn't make it in time and we asked our neighbor to retrieve them from our front door. Our neighbor never saw those packages on our door and we simply thought they had been stolen. Imagine our surprise when those packages were among our "mail hold" with USPS! To this date, I still don't know if UPS/FedEx/USPS all talk to each other, or just that our mail man knew we were out and just grabbed them for us. Has anyone else experience this? Or know how it works?

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #2389
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post

Thanks for the reminder! I thought I'd share this experience with USPS "mail hold"... In December, our family were on the eastbound Panama Canal cruise and had ordered some Christmas gifts that we hoped to arrive before we leave. A few shipped by UPS and FedEx didn't make it in time and we asked our neighbor to retrieve them from our front door. Our neighbor never saw those packages on our door and we simply thought they had been stolen. Imagine our surprise when those packages were among our "mail hold" with USPS! To this date, I still don't know if UPS/FedEx/USPS all talk to each other, or just that our mail man knew we were out and just grabbed them for us. Has anyone else experience this? Or know how it works?
Sometimes UPS and FedEx use USPS to finish the delivery. We get stuff that way all the time, particularly if its not the super fast delivery but the free shipping that we go for.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:23 PM   #2390
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:

HAHAHA! Did this yesterday!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #2391
Meum
Mouseketeer

Quote:

thanks!!! just put in our request! kept thinking about it, but never did it, i'm so easily distracted!!!
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #2392
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
HAHAHA! Did this yesterday!
We don't need to, the person watching my animals will take the mail in.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #2393
Lynn G
Walker of Malamutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Yes, what Cindy said, UPS uses USPS for local deliveries some of the time, I do not know if Fed Ex does the same thing here.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:27 AM   #2394
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks! I just did it last night.

I also am packing for myself today.

Exciting!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #2395
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof34man View Post
I'm the SIL to Cali Tracy who is in room 5513. I'd like to participate in the fish extenders, but I don't want to be any trouble for the folks who have already made plans (or for those who wanted to be part of the extenders group before me). From what I understand, the family that was supposed to be in this cabin were going to participate. We have two boys 14 and 16. Please let me know whether I should start planning for the goodies or not. Thanks so much!

Margie (aka momof34man)
Hi! I'm updating the FE exchange spreadsheet and I realized that I don't have your DH or DS's names. If you don't want their names listed...no problem...just let me know.
Thanks!
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:34 AM   #2396
momof34man
Earning My Ears

The names of the men in my family are: DH: Dave, DS (16) Caleb, DS (14) Mark.

By any chance, do you know if families with adjoining cabins will have one FE container for the family...or two; one on each door. I want to put the right amount per cabin. I can't tell for some of the families with multiple cabins. Otherwise, I think I will do one bag per family (that registered) for FE. (I hope that wasn't too confusing.)

I made my FE container from a canvas bag. I think it turned out cute. I used a red bag and cut out Mickey head shapes from black and white fabric and ironed them on. I made my own communication board for the front of our door from scrapbook Disney paper and laminated it...and added strips of magnet on the back. To make it steady, I used card stock as the base.

I've seen on other boards that people use over the door shoe holders to hold toiletries. Has anyone done this before? And is it worth it to find done?

Thanks,
Margie (momof34man)
momof34man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #2397
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:

By any chance, do you know if families with adjoining cabins will have one FE container for the family...or two; one on each door. I want to put the right amount per cabin. I can't tell for some of the families with multiple cabins. Otherwise, I think I will do one bag per family (that registered) for FE. (I hope that wasn't too confusing.)

I made my FE container from a canvas bag. I think it turned out cute. I used a red bag and cut out Mickey head shapes from black and white fabric and ironed them on. I made my own communication board for the front of our door from scrapbook Disney paper and laminated it...and added strips of magnet on the back. To make it steady, I used card stock as the base.

I've seen on other boards that people use over the door shoe holders to hold toiletries. Has anyone done this before? And is it worth it to find done?

Thanks,
Margie (momof34man)
Just FYI there are 3 staterooms under my Dis name DL1957 however they are not connecting rooms. It is my BFF in one room and DSIS and DBIL in the other who want to participate. So actually all three will have FE hangers and are bringing gigts.
I am happy to say DH and I have finished ours and have them bagged. This year we are not putting stateroom numbers on our gifts we have found it is easier to give out this way with a large group just to drop one in each FE hanger per our list. Sue
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:23 PM   #2398
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks,
Margie (momof34man)
DCL recently put out a notice to not use the shoe holders because they can damage the doors.

http://edge.sharethis.com/share5x/in...649416efc.html

Old 05-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #2399
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
I am happy to say DH and I have finished ours and have them bagged. This year we are not putting stateroom numbers on our gifts we have found it is easier to give out this way with a large group just to drop one in each FE hanger per our list. Sue
Not quite done ours, but we are doing this too - everyone gets the same FE, no personalization. This group is just too big to keep track of anything else for me!!! Come on people - it IS a vacation!

Getting so excited - 20 days left for us. Will stop at the library this weekend to pick up some kids history books I think mine will enjoy. It's a series called "You Wouldn't Want to Be..." and there are a bunch of them relevant to where we are going - a Roman Gladiator, slave in Ancient Greece, knight in the Crusades, etc. Supposed to be a good mix of history and gore/grossness that my boys will love. I'll let you know how they are! There are also some books I need for our Paris post-cruise time - my kids have never seen Hunchback of Notre Dame and they will turn their noses up at the movie now, so I will get a storybook.

Also for those of you with younger boys who didn't see my post on cruisecritic, I ordered the zip-off pants from Boden and they are great! Very comfortable waist band, lots of pockets (including a zippered one that fits their iPods) and nice lightweight material. These will be our "church" pants in case they can't wear shorts, plus will be good for dinner on the boat so they can be zipped off afterwards to go play in the kids club. Just a note though - they came form their facility in the UK so it took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive.

Will do another screening of the Travel With Kids shows next weekend as DH hasn't seen them yet. My kids want to watch them all the time, and have decided they will do what the kids in the show did - go on strke from visiting churches until they get 5 scoops of gelato! Youngest DS has decided he needs to be in "gelato training" so he can handle 5 scoops... Oldest DS has decided that the entire 50 euros he got as birthday money form his aunt is going towards crepes in Paris... Do you get the feeling that if I keep them fed I will keep them happy this trip? Shouldn't be too hard at least! I have promised them cookies and milk in the evening from room service at least once this cruise since we never did it on our first one.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013

Last edited by canadakath; 05-24-2013 at 03:20 PM.
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:51 PM   #2400
momof34man
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information. I'll double check the list of rooms and hopefully it lists how many people are in each room even if they are put under one ID name. I just want to pre-bag everything before we leave.
momof34man is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: