Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #2281
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

Menus

I was wondering if the menus on the cruise was different since we are in the Mediterranean? Do they have the menu posted on line?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #2282
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelH View Post
I was wondering if the menus on the cruise was different since we are in the Mediterranean? Do they have the menu posted on line?
Well, because it is a longer cruise, they will have some menus that are not served on the 7-night or shorter cruises. But you can expect the 7 that are traditionally offered. It seems like there was at least one night that was location-inspired when we did the Baltic in 2010. Maybe someone who has more recently done a med cruise would know... You could ask on the main DCL board.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013

Last edited by nzdisneymom; 05-11-2013 at 10:22 PM.
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #2283
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

HO HO Bus

I have been looking at the HOHO bus and see 2 options, Barcelona Bus Turistic and Barcelona Red Bus. Anyone with experience, besides the routes, what is different? Which would you do? In your opinion, would a 1 day pass be enough, or should a 2 day pass be explored. If the 2 day option is used, do the 2 days have to be consecutive? There will be 4 individuals and we will have approximately a 45 minute train ride just to get to Barcelona.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:22 PM   #2284
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
I have been looking at the HOHO bus and see 2 options, Barcelona Bus Turistic and Barcelona Red Bus. Anyone with experience, besides the routes, what is different? Which would you do? In your opinion, would a 1 day pass be enough, or should a 2 day pass be explored. If the 2 day option is used, do the 2 days have to be consecutive? There will be 4 individuals and we will have approximately a 45 minute train ride just to get to Barcelona.
We did Bus Turistic in 2007 based on a friend's recommendation and found it to suit our needs. We are using them again this summer... We went ahead and got the two days since buying online had a discount and we are in the city for that long. We will use it the day we arrive and the next.

If you plan to be in the city two consecutive days, then consider the two day pass... That way you can see the whole tour but also explore off the bus. The Bus Turistic has an itinerary planning feature on the website so you can build a list of places you want o see. I made a list for me, and Gary still needs to make his list. Then where they overlap, we will see those places for sure.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #2285
rossjen2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We did Bus Turistic in 2007 based on a friend's recommendation and found it to suit our needs. We are using them again this summer... We went ahead and got the two days since buying online had a discount and we are in the city for that long. We will use it the day we arrive and the next.

If you plan to be in the city two consecutive days, then consider the two day pass... That way you can see the whole tour but also explore off the bus. The Bus Turistic has an itinerary planning feature on the website so you can build a list of places you want o see. I made a list for me, and Gary still needs to make his list. Then where they overlap, we will see those places for sure.
We are doing the two day bus turistic too (bought tixs online too for the 10% discount). Our plan is to do the red route one day and blue route the other, hopping off when we want to see something. It looks like it will take us to everything we want to see and then some. Hopefully then by day three, we will have recovered from jetlag and have some time to go back and see anything we missed or relax on the beach.
rossjen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #2286
lllpath
Mouseketeer

FE Exchange Listing

I did not receive any corrections or updates this week so I did not make any changes to the spreadsheet. I did not hear from long_time_cruiser regarding their GTY stateroom number. It is the only outstanding stateroom number. I sent multiple PMs but have not received any messages. Does anyone in the FB group know if they are in the FB group? If they are, please ask for their stateroom number so that I can update the listing. Thanks!

Anyway... in case you missed the document last week...here it is!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3rs...it?usp=sharing

If I do hear from them before the cruise, I will update the listing.
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:30 PM   #2287
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Scubadiver: We used the same tour bus, Bus Turistic in 2010. They were good and clean. The employees were professional and helpful. They also gave us the discount tickets to the major attractions. We used the tickets to the Aquarium, absolutely beautiful architecture on the outside and there are a bunch of cafes. We ate lunch there and also had some dessert. Discount tickets used as well.

We loved the tour, because we only had two days to see everything. We plan on doing this again to get to the Gaudi and other parts of Barcelona.

There different lines. It is fairly simple. It get really crowded at Las Ramblas. If you are prone to getting sunburnt, make sure that you have a lot of sunscreen or go down below.

In August 2010, a thunderstorm rolled through Barcelona while we were touring the town. Everyone crammed into the lower deck. We were lucky that we had seats inside. The inside of the bus had AC. This is a nice way to travel.

To get discount tickets for the Bus Turistic, visit the official Barcelona Tourism website (I wish that I had this in 2010). We just purchased the tickets prior to getting on the bus. They take credit cards and Euros/cash.

They will also give you prepackaged/sterilized earbuds.

http://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com/...Ucw2oLSn8iVUMc
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #2288
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath View Post
I did not receive any corrections or updates this week so I did not make any changes to the spreadsheet. I did not hear from long_time_cruiser regarding their GTY stateroom number. It is the only outstanding stateroom number. I sent multiple PMs but have not received any messages. Does anyone in the FB group know if they are in the FB group? If they are, please ask for their stateroom number so that I can update the listing. Thanks!

Anyway... in case you missed the document last week...here it is!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3rs...it?usp=sharing

If I do hear from them before the cruise, I will update the listing.
I posted over on FB group.

Old 05-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #2289
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I posted over on FB group.
Thank you!
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:57 PM   #2290
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

Thanks everyone on the feedback for the bus tour companies. We will have 5 days before the cruise to explore the region. I thought this may good for 2 of those 5 days.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #2291
puredata
Earring, my ear

Hey, everybody! Just want to thank everybody for the orders so far for the shirts... the group pic is gonna rock!

For everybody else, remember: the form is closing in 24 hours... last call to get your request on the form!
Disney Wonder Hawaii Sept 7 2015 https://www.facebook.com/groups/HI2015A/
Disney Wonder Hawaii Sept 17 2015 https://www.facebook.com/groups/HI2015B/
Disney Wonder Hawaii Sept 7 2015 FE https://www.facebook.com/groups/HI2015AFE/
Disney Wonder Hawaii Sept 17 2015 FE https://www.facebook.com/groups/HI2015BFE/
puredata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:29 AM   #2292
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puredata View Post
A group-buy form for Cruise Shirts has been set up on Facebook, and it was requested that it be shared here, too.

The link contains the cruise logo for the shirts, as well as colour samples and sizing information...

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Iw...PrBOA/viewform

If anybody is interested in cruise shirts, please fill out the form ASAP, it will only be live until May 14th at Midnight EST in order to give time to collect orders and get everything done in time...
And in case you needed the link for ordering a group T-shirt or two, here it is again.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15Iw...PrBOA/viewform

Old 05-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #2293
CDNDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

32 days until we board the ship
DL Dec 2011 Grand Californian
DCL Wonder Dec 2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera
WDW Jan 2013 Tree House Villas
DCL Fantasy Jan 2013 7 night Eastern Caribbean
DCL Magic June 2014 13 Night Med with Greece
WDW Jan 2014 Saratoga Springs

CDNDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #2294
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNDisneyMom
32 days until we board the ship
We leave in 29 days... I can't wait.

DDs.are so excited.

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #2295
MichaelH
DIS Veteran/Disney Fan

We leave in 23 days. We are excited and the kids are very excited.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: