Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #2176
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
I have to laugh at posts like this. We have no idea who the CD was on our last 5 cruises, nor do we care. These people do not make our vacation, we do. I have never had a conversation with a CD, nor do I care to. Why do others care who the CD is? I will get flamed here, but I want to know who really cares and why. We go on the cruises to enjoy each other and enjoy new experiences the CD has nothing to do with our bad/good experiences.
Why do you feel it necessary to laugh at somebody else's cruise experience? You enjoy cruises your way and others enjoy them another way. It's not for you to say which way is the "right" way. I like interacting with the crew and I enjoy it when they seem to be enjoying interacting with me. I grow attached to our servers and stateroom hosts. Don't you? And maybe you don't because you don't really talk to them or care to ... that's fine....but a lot of us do care. For a lot of us, that's why we're on a Disney ship.

As for Peter ... I think we've had him once or twice. Can't remember now. I know we've had Brent once. Peter, I think, actually has a an amazing pirate costume that I wish I had taken a photo of ... so I'm hoping he's wearing it again this year. That was the only time I talked to him ... to compliment him on his costume. He seemed friendly enough taking my compliment.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #2177
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Peter has been the CD on the Magic for about 3 years. We had him as our CD on the Med in 2010, I had him on my two day out of NY last summer and then on the NYC to Bahamas cruise. He doesn't compare to Brent, Clayton or Christian. He has a personality on stage but that's it. We've met him many times in the hallways on the ship and tried to have a conversation with him and he's just not friendly. When you talk to the other CD's you feel like they are excited and happy your there and you never feel like you're bothering them. Quite the opposite vibe from Peter. Trust me, everyone I travelled with felt the same about him.
I've been on too many DCL cruises - LOL - if Peter was CD on the Magic in the summer of 2010, then that's why he was familiar to me in the pictures - I had a conversation with him when coming into one of the Baltic ports while watching on Deck 10 - but I didn't know he was the CD - we hadn't been to any of the shows in the WDT.

I'm always much more interested in hanging out with the characters on the ship One time I was taking pictures of Minnie at a deck party (sail away time from one of the ports) and then later the same day, I was getting my picture made with her in one of her fancy outfits and she remembered me from earlier - she pointed at me, then up (towards Deck 9) and then did a little dance and signed picture taking - It was the coolest character interaction I've had.

And really, character interactions on DCL are so great. Our first Med I saw Peter Pan just hanging out on Deck 5 and asked him what he was doing - he winked and said "looking for mischief." He was on the train to Rome with us and came "****-a-doodle-doo-ing" as we got near Rome - Nathan will never forget it because it woke him up with a start because Peter Pan was so loud - and so in character.

DH likes chatting up the Princesses. And the Queen of Hearts is a favorite of mine - she "swooshed" her skirt at me once when she was coming through as if I was in her way and as if to say "off with her head." She's my inner villian, just so you know

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #2178
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

6 weeks

We fly out in SIX WEEKS!
I know that DL1957 and some of her group are on the same flight as us (ATL to BCN, Delta) leaving on June 12th - anyone else? We plan to meet up in the gate area to make the time go faster.

Also as a reminder. we're "hosting" a Meet/Greet at the Renaissance Barcelona on both Thursday night and Friday night, both starting at 7 PM. We'll hang out in the lobby area, so if you're staying at the hotel or just want to pop in to say hi, we'll look around for DISers. Nothing formal, nothing long - just a chance to get acquainted and share travel stories and exchange tips for Barcelona, etc.

And on Friday night, after the Meet, we're going to go to the Magic Fountains of Montjuic - I'm going to get directions from the concierge, but it looks pretty easy to get there with public transportation. Thought we'd head out around 8 PM so if anyone wants to go at the same time, that's what we're doing.

Meet and Greet on the ship is scheduled for Saturday, June 15th in the Promenade Lounge beginning at 3 PM til time for safety drill; come by during that time to say hi to your fellow DISers - definitely a come-and-go, or come-and-stay sort of thing.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:11 AM   #2179
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
I plan to deliver them on the sea days. It gives the DDs a special thing to do.
We try to deliver as soon as possible because DH made luggage tags that have the port times on them. Especially helpful for those who do not got on DCL excursions. Sue
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #2180
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
The CD does no make or break my cruise, but he does have a part in your experience. I like to interact with the crew and my DH has made quite a few friends and connections with them over the years. Part of going on DCL is that interaction, that is unlike any other cruiseline. Try it, you may find that you have some new friends. We love when we come back and the crew remembers our names. I"ve had crew members seek us out just to say hi. Trust me he doesn't make or break my experience, if that was the case I wouldn't sail with him.
I agree with you. DSIS and DBIL changed to DCL because they felt the crew really cared about their day when the asked. It raises a good cruise to a great cruise in our opinion. I have to agree about Peter. We had him as assistant DC on the 1st Alaska cruise because he was taking over from either Brent or Clayton. Maybe Clayton will routate off before or after the transalantic.
Sue
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 05-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #2181
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
We fly out in SIX WEEKS!
I know that DL1957 and some of her group are on the same flight as us (ATL to BCN, Delta) leaving on June 12th - anyone else? We plan to meet up in the gate area to make the time go faster.

Also as a reminder. we're "hosting" a Meet/Greet at the Renaissance Barcelona on both Thursday night and Friday night, both starting at 7 PM. We'll hang out in the lobby area, so if you're staying at the hotel or just want to pop in to say hi, we'll look around for DISers. Nothing formal, nothing long - just a chance to get acquainted and share travel stories and exchange tips for Barcelona, etc.

And on Friday night, after the Meet, we're going to go to the Magic Fountains of Montjuic - I'm going to get directions from the concierge, but it looks pretty easy to get there with public transportation. Thought we'd head out around 8 PM so if anyone wants to go at the same time, that's what we're doing.

Meet and Greet on the ship is scheduled for Saturday, June 15th in the Promenade Lounge beginning at 3 PM til time for safety drill; come by during that time to say hi to your fellow DISers - definitely a come-and-go, or come-and-stay sort of thing.
Thanks Cindy!
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #2182
lambego
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I think another update will be on May 12th - by then all the GTYs should be in.

There's someone on the Facebook group who just booked last week and was asking about participating in the FE. I told her that it had closed on April 1st but that I know some of us will have extras. I'm fine with latecomers as long as I have extra gifts already, but I know that a cut-off is for a reason. With that said, if she wants to participate with the understanding that not everyone will be able to deliver to them, is it ok to tell her to add herself to the main spreadsheet and put her cabin info and call herself a LateComer in the FE column (that is Yes, No)?
I think you were talking with my daughter on FB, thank you for helping us! How do we access the document to add our names and be listed as late comers? This is so exciting! This is our first Disney cruise and we appreciate all the help and hints!
lambego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #2183
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambego View Post
I think you were talking with my daughter on FB, thank you for helping us! How do we access the document to add our names and be listed as late comers? This is so exciting! This is our first Disney cruise and we appreciate all the help and hints!
Hi - ok, that makes sense.
For some reason, you can't add yourself directly to the spreadsheet but you may be able to add yourself via the form:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VSWnc6MQ#gid=0

(OK, I just tested it out and was able to add data to the spreadsheet via the form - just can't edit it).

I would suggest when you fill it out that you put YES for the FE's (it's really fun - this is a huge group and not as typical as other cruises - in fact, we're doing the next sailing and have less than half the number of cabns participating) and in the ALLERGY section put LATE SIGN UP so that your cabin info will be included for the final FE list but so that people that have already done their FE gifts know that if they have enough, they can deliver, but if not, they don't have to scramble to add another cabin. And send LLLPath a message directly (private message) so she'll know to look out for the info.

And as a note, to be able to send a PM, you have to have 10 posts on DIS, so get to posting to introduce yourself / traveling party - you've got a lot of catching up to do (LOL) - actually, this would be a great time to ask any specific questions you have.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #2184
Clairelow
Earning My Ears

Where is everyone from on the fish extender are most usa how can we tell?
Clairelow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #2185
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairelow View Post
I don't think you can tell from the list as we didn't include a location. But I think many of us are from the US but there are some from other countries as well.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #2186
CDNDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairelow View Post
We are from Canada
DL Dec 2011 Grand Californian
DCL Wonder Dec 2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera
WDW Jan 2013 Tree House Villas
DCL Fantasy Jan 2013 7 night Eastern Caribbean
DCL Magic June 2014 13 Night Med with Greece
WDW Jan 2014 Saratoga Springs

CDNDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #2187
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Wow - sorry I opened a can of worms with the CD question. We just didn't care for Clayton's cheesy jokes/dances but have enjoyed every other CDs (Brent, Christiaan, and Jimmy) we have had. It also looked like our favorite server is now on the Fantasy so we're thinking of requesting a dining rotation instead. So is it just APL, LPA, PLA repeatedly over 12-day span?

Only six more weeks to go. How cool is that. For those of us (most of us I think) that booked on opening day, this cruise seemed a lifetime away but here we are!!

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #2188
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Last edited by nzdisneymom; 05-01-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #2189
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:

I think that's right - it just continues to rotate. We'll have the three "themed" nights that go with the individual restaurants, formal, semi-formal, pirates, til we meet again, and probably a night or two that are specifically themed to our location(s).
Actually sometime is doesnt just rotate like that. Ive been on ones that have been apllpla... You get the idea. Doesnt just go in order

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:26 PM   #2190
cameron991
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We fly out in SIX WEEKS!

My family and I are also on the ATL - BCN flight on June 12th and staying at the Renaissance!

The countdown is on...

Suzanne

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: