Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #2146
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllpath View Post
Hi! As promised, here is the updated FE Exchange listing. I have incorporated all of the requested changes with the exception of a change requested for 'justthat' which I did not understand (please re-send request) based on the number of children already listed.

There are 4 GTYs remaining.

Next update will be May 12.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3rs...it?usp=sharing
The update to mine is that I didn't list the name/age of the 4th kid in my list. It's Maya, she's 11.5yo. She's my niece.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #2147
Yensidfan
Mouseketeer

cabin assignment

Quote:
Hi! Just a friendly reminder... Please PM me with your GTY stateroom numbers to me when you receive them so that I can add the information to the FE spreadsheet.

So far, I still need stateroom numbers for: yensidfan, WVUFlu, long_time_cruiser, and puredata.

Thanks!

We just got our cabin assigned. We are in cabin 2546.

Thanks
Yensidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 06:02 PM   #2148
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by justhat View Post
The update to mine is that I didn't list the name/age of the 4th kid in my list. It's Maya, she's 11.5yo. She's my niece.
Hi! Thanks! So, just so I'm clear...there are 2 adults (Justine and Joey), there are 4 children (Madison 9, Henry 8, Scarlett 3 and Maya 11.5).

Sorry to be a pain but I just don't want to enter it incorrectly for you.

Thanks!
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #2149
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yensidfan View Post
We just got our cabin assigned. We are in cabin 2546.

Thanks
Thanks for letting me know! This will be on the next FE spreadsheet update!
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #2150
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Hi! Thanks! So, just so I'm clear...there are 2 adults (Justine and Joey), there are 4 children (Madison 9, Henry 8, Scarlett 3 and Maya 11.5).

Sorry to be a pain but I just don't want to enter it incorrectly for you.

Thanks!
All correct except that Henry is 6, not 8. Otherwise looks good. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 AM   #2151
wvuflu
Earning My Ears

Update me please!

Quote:
Hi! As promised, here is the updated FE Exchange listing. I have incorporated all of the requested changes with the exception of a change requested for 'justthat' which I did not understand (please re-send request) based on the number of children already listed.

There are 4 GTYs remaining.

Next update will be May 12.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3rs...it?usp=sharing
For some reason it isn't allowing me to update with our cabin number, we're now 5013. Getting excited and feeling the time crunch to get it all done.
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #2152
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvuflu View Post
For some reason it isn't allowing me to update with our cabin number, we're now 5013. Getting excited and feeling the time crunch to get it all done.
This links to a PDF so it won't update - but send a PM to lllpath so she'll be sure to see you have your cabin number assignment and she'll update it for the FE list. Are you happy with your cabin assignment? We've never GTY'ed before.

There is a link to the full spreadsheet for everyone (FE and non-FE) here.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:34 PM   #2153
wvuflu
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
This links to a PDF so it won't update - but send a PM to lllpath so she'll be sure to see you have your cabin number assignment and she'll update it for the FE list. Are you happy with your cabin assignment? We've never GTY'ed before.

There is a link to the full spreadsheet for everyone (FE and non-FE) here.
Thanks, I sent a message. :-) We've done GTY on other cruise lines and it seemed to work out, and sometimes got upgrades, but this time we didn't get any pixie dust. It shows that it is an inside cabin going front to back and with googling and looking at other reviews, people seem to like the sideways cabins. I like that it's on Deck 5 and right down the hall from the kid's area. We're over the theatre but we have the late dining and our kids can sleep through just about everything, so hopefully that won't be a concern.
wvuflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #2154
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:

Thanks, I sent a message. :-) We've done GTY on other cruise lines and it seemed to work out, and sometimes got upgrades, but this time we didn't get any pixie dust. It shows that it is an inside cabin going front to back and with googling and looking at other reviews, people seem to like the sideways cabins. I like that it's on Deck 5 and right down the hall from the kid's area. We're over the theatre but we have the late dining and our kids can sleep through just about everything, so hopefully that won't be a concern.
Lisa

I know people that have been in those and haven't complained. There is nothing that goes on in the Walt Disney Theater after the 2nd show which is during the late dinner. Noise shouldn't be an issue.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #2155
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We have a sideways cabin, too! We are looking forward to it

We might get an upgrade if we get there. Always looking for some magic pixie dust.

On our Mexican Riviera Cruise 2008, we received an upgrade when we checked into our cabin
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:41 PM   #2156
ame
Addicted to travel

Quote:
10year old DS and I were on deck 5 last year when we went to Alaska. He loved it as he was so close to the kids club.
ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:58 PM   #2157
lambego
Earning My Ears

Hi-

We are so excited to be apart of the Fish Extenders! This is our first Disney cruise! There are 6 of us, 2 in each cabin 7537, 7563, 7539. Plz add us to the spread sheet! Thank you! Any further hints would be appreciated!
lambego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:24 AM   #2158
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambego View Post
Hi-

We are so excited to be apart of the Fish Extenders! This is our first Disney cruise! There are 6 of us, 2 in each cabin 7537, 7563, 7539. Plz add us to the spread sheet! Thank you! Any further hints would be appreciated!
Welcome! Glad that your family can join everyone!

By the way, we had 7535 on our last MedCruise Aug 2010 and it was so nice and quiet.

Please remember to either have an alarm clock or a wake up call. It's so dark and quiet that we almost overslept on one of our ports.

You are also on the same floor as the laundry room.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #2159
CasaMartinez
Mouseketeer

FE delivery

This is probably the largest FE group that I've done and something just came to mind. How will my FE hold so many goodies if everyone starts to deliver the first few days? I know on other cruises people have mentioned assigning delivery dates but that just gets too complicated. Besides we are all on vacation and no one wants to stress about delivering on a set day. None the less I would like to propose that we split the cruise into 2 or possibly 3 delivery shifts. So if we did 3 each group would have 4 delivery days either in the beginning -middle - or end. If your FE is for people to enjoy on board you would take the early or middle group. If your gift was more of a souvenir you could do middle or late. I think this would prevent our FE's from overflowing and would help spread the FE fun through out the cruise instead of just the first few days. Just a thought. Thanks.
*Disney Wonder: 7-Day California Coast (September 30, 2012)
*Disney Dream: 5-Day Bahamas/Double Dip (July 13, 2012)
*Disney Wonder: 10-Day Mexican Riviera (April 17, 2011)
*Disney Magic: 11-Day Mediterranean (May 23, 2010)
CasaMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #2160
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasaMartinez View Post
This is probably the largest FE group that I've done and something just came to mind. How will my FE hold so many goodies if everyone starts to deliver the first few days? I know on other cruises people have mentioned assigning delivery dates but that just gets too complicated. Besides we are all on vacation and no one wants to stress about delivering on a set day. None the less I would like to propose that we split the cruise into 2 or possibly 3 delivery shifts. So if we did 3 each group would have 4 delivery days either in the beginning -middle - or end. If your FE is for people to enjoy on board you would take the early or middle group. If your gift was more of a souvenir you could do middle or late. I think this would prevent our FE's from overflowing and would help spread the FE fun through out the cruise instead of just the first few days. Just a thought. Thanks.
We deliver throughout the cruise. We typically divide our FE gifts into floor and quadrant of the ship - so Deck 6 port forward, Deck 6 port aft, Deck 6 starboard forward, Deck 6 starboard aft - for example - and then depending on where we're going and what we're doing, we make our deliveries on our way somewhere. So we may deliver some at the beginning, some middle of the week, and some later. I try to have them all done before the last day because of packing, etc., but we have delivered on the last day Sometimes we deliver while doing laundry - we know we have a set amount of time that the washing machine runs.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: