Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #196
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfalcon View Post
Wow! Lots of people have done the Med cruises before! We were on the April/May 11 night Med in 2010.

I've got a trip report around here somewhere if anyone's interested. I reread it last night just for the memories and to get even more excited!
L.O.V.E.D. your trip report and pictures. Got me all sorts of antsy to go later that summer.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #197
speakupjc
DIS Veteran

DebinIA,

Welcome aboard! We are in 8500 which is on the other side of the ship exactly 2 cabins away from yours. The reviews look amazing for our cabins. Other have posted that they loved seeing the crew on the bridge docking the ship and that the crew waved back! How many kids do ya'll have and what ages?
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #198
pxlbarrel
They won't allow any kind of cow though
Geez, I gotta start cleaning your rooms so I can get those treats

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
OK, I made a list of all the DISers who have posted who seem like they are booked - if I've left someone off, let me know and I'll add you to this post, or if I've put someone on who has not booked or since cancelled, let me know that, too, and I'll edit here.

IIIpath had offered to start a FE google spreadsheet - I think that's great idea (but have no idea how to do something like that).

By no means do I want to be the "keeper of the list" but thought I'd get it started so someone else could pick it up - after all, we're already on Page 13!

armyferret
4boons (Bill), DW, DD (19)
Yensidfan, DW, DD (25), DS (22)
Scott H and Lynn G
Deb_in_IA
MJGirl, DD
BluegrassBelles
maleficent1959, DH, DS (9), DS (13)
mehaul
seaulater, DD (21)
NAG, DW, DS (22), DS (19), DD (12)
TammyAlphabet, DD
TDC_Nala
caniac27, DH, DD (11)
Kmc33 (Kim), DH, DS (14)
jmatias
disneyfan888, DH, DNephew
speakupjc (Dantz), George, Catherine (10)
danfromca
Disneyfalcon
justhat
adedward
mr.tom.morrow (Brian), Marsha, DS (2)
haddybaby
nzdisnemom (Cindy D.), DH (Gary), DS (17), DS (15)
acourtwdw2 (Amanda), DSister (Annette)
BobandLee
JOANNEL (Joanne), DH (Roger), DS (27), DS (24) + 2 DGFs
ImprovGal
canadakath (Kath), DH, DS (9), DS (6)
Monstro (Jeff)
Steffy, DGD (16)
pxlbarrel, DBrother
USUKMama (Sophia), DH, DS (12), DS (9), DD (6)
gotomu212, DH, DS (5), Mom
2PrincesseInTow, DH, DD (11), DD (7), DM, DSD
MinnieDiva (Kim), DH (Sean), DD (10), Dad
Meum (Marianne), DH
Cali_Tracy, DH, DD (19), DD (11),
jmatias, DH, DS (15), DS (14), DD (8)
Dayub (Deb), DH (Alex), DD (15)
haddybaby, DH, DS (4), DS (9), DS (11), Mom, Dad
Neriberi, DH, DD (4)
mindelmouse (Mindy), DH (Jim), DS (12), DD (12)
keenercam, DH
IIIpath (Lynda), DH (Scott)
moneyhappy, DH
Lynderella (Lynn), DH, DD (12), DS (10)
DL1957
maleficent_fan51 - Chet and Fern
makaylee
TexasMouseFan, DD (14), DD (11)
abayaflowers, DH, DD (13), DD (10)
OurDogCisco, DH, DD (15), DD (12)
Tozzie
Wow, that's a huge list!!! It's almost like a special DIS cruise. LOL

We've got a year and half to get to know each other (and I gather some of you already do!). My brother and I would be interested in sharing private tours. Because of the short time in Rome, if anybody's interested in a Vatican specific tour, we're there. We want to spend as much time at the Vatican as possible and shop at a store that doesn't give the tour guides a kickback.
1975 WDW Fort Wilderness | 1983 Disneyland | 1992 WDW Offsite | 1996 Disneyland (DL Pacific Hotel)| 1999 Disneyland | 2000 WDW Dixie Landings | 2002 Disneyland | 2003 WDW Offsite | 2004 Disneyland | 2005 WDW Offsite | 2006 Disneyland | 2007 Tokyo Disneyland /Disney Sea / HK Disneyland (Disney's Hollywood Hotel) | 2008 Disneyland | 2008 WDW Offsite | 2009 Disneyland Paris | 2009 Disneyland | 2009 WDW Caribbean Beach Resort - DCL Disney Magic | 2011 Disneyland | 2011 Disney Magic Mediterranean | 2012 Disneyland (VGC) | 2012 ABD -Enchanted China | 2012 HK Disneyland | 2012 DCL Disney Magic NYC/Canada | 2012 WDW Boardwalk | 2013 Disneyland | 2013 Disney Magic Mediterranean Greek | 2013 Disney Dream Bahamas | 2014 Disneyland (VGC)
pxlbarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:47 PM   #199
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by speakupjc View Post
DebinIA,

Welcome aboard! We are in 8500 which is on the other side of the ship exactly 2 cabins away from yours. The reviews look amazing for our cabins. Other have posted that they loved seeing the crew on the bridge docking the ship and that the crew waved back! How many kids do ya'll have and what ages?
Hi there!

Our "kids" are older in age, but they still act like children! As in, they bicker all the time.

Our DD will be 22, and our DS will be 18 - and FINALLY able to go to Palo's! He has been dying to try that chocolate souffle!!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:20 PM   #200
2PrincesseInTow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is a great list of cruisers! Thanks for all of your hard work. Will you please change the spelling of my name from Dantz to Dance. That way it will be easier for everyone. Thanks!

We flew to London and stayed for a couple of days before flying to Barcelona for our 2010 Med cruise. We felt that this helped reduce the jet leg. This time we are looking to fly to Paris after the cruise. Has anyone been to Paris? Did you enjoy it? Any insight would be appreciated.

We discovered that we need lots of room on long voyages and book the largest cabin that we can afford. This gives us lots of room in which to relax. This time we didn't have enough DVC points for a cat t so we booked a cat 4. Has anyone stayed in a cat 4 before. Did you enjoy it? It looked like some of the cabins have an amazing view of the bridge from the balcony.

We would like to explore the option of doing a private tour(s) with a family. Also we would be open to linking our dinner reservations with another family who has child(ren) around the same age.

The last disgroup I sailed with had a get together party on the first day and had a lunch at Palo together in the private dining room. It held all 20 of us. This was a lot of fun! Would anyone be open to participating in this?
Paris was great! My DD's were 9 & 5 last summer. We were there for 3 nights post cruise. We did 2 children's tours with Paris Muse Tours and I highly recommend them. Pricey but worth it. We did the Louvre and If Buildings Could Talk. My DD's both wanted to go back to the Louvre because they had so much fun. We went to Versailles, Eiffel Tower and walk and walked. I wish we had more time there. It was actually chilly in Paris while we were there. The only place we needed sweaters on our trip but I think it was unseasonably cool for the days we were there.

We were in a cat 4 last summer and it worked well for us. The additional square feet more than the other verandah cabins was helpful to us on the long cruise. We've never been in cat t so I can't compare.

Sara
2PrincesseInTow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #201
2PrincesseInTow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
What is the Pack It system?.
http://www.eaglecreek.com/packing_solutions/

I love the folder and the cubes helped the kids keep track of socks, underwear and other small items. The have them at several online retailers. I got mine 50% off at REI.

Sara
2PrincesseInTow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #202
baileysgm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boons View Post
Just booked the June 15, 2013 12-night Mediterranean cruise on the Magic.

Cruising will be DW, me and DD (19 at time of cruise)

Who else is with us?

Bill
Hi Bill,
I know your name from somewhere, I think you were with us in Alaska...down the hall maybe. We also did the first Baltic and if you did the first Med in 2007 we were there too...Are you on the Christmas Fantasy by any chance

We are low key and stay under the radar but we are very excited. Cruising is me, DS, DD, DGD(15)
baileysgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #203
speakupjc
DIS Veteran

Thanks 2Princess that is great information. DebinIA I look forward to meeting you. Maybe we can do Palo together with a Disgroup. The Chocolate Souffle is awesome!
Old 01-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #204
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OK, I made a list of all the DISers who have posted who seem like they are booked - if I've left someone off, let me know and I'll add you to this post, or if I've put someone on who has not booked or since cancelled, let me know that, too, and I'll edit here.

IIIpath had offered to start a FE google spreadsheet - I think that's great idea (but have no idea how to do something like that).

By no means do I want to be the "keeper of the list" but thought I'd get it started so someone else could pick it up - after all, we're already on Page 13!

armyferret
4boons (Bill), DW, DD (19)
Yensidfan, DW, DD (25), DS (22)
Scott H and Lynn G
Deb_in_IA
MJGirl, DD
BluegrassBelles
maleficent1959, DH, DS (9), DS (13)
mehaul
seaulater, DD (21)
NAG, DW, DS (22), DS (19), DD (12)
TammyAlphabet, DD
TDC_Nala
caniac27, DH, DD (11)
Kmc33 (Kim), DH, DS (14)
jmatias
disneyfan888, DH, DNephew
speakupjc (Dantz), George, Catherine (10)
danfromca
Disneyfalcon
justhat
adedward
mr.tom.morrow (Brian), Marsha, DS (2)
haddybaby
nzdisnemom (Cindy D.), DH (Gary), DS (17), DS (15)
acourtwdw2 (Amanda), DSister (Annette)
BobandLee
JOANNEL (Joanne), DH (Roger), DS (27), DS (24) + 2 DGFs
ImprovGal
canadakath (Kath), DH, DS (9), DS (6)
Monstro (Jeff)
Steffy, DGD (16)
pxlbarrel, DBrother
USUKMama (Sophia), DH, DS (12), DS (9), DD (6)
gotomu212, DH, DS (5), Mom
2PrincesseInTow, DH, DD (11), DD (7), DM, DSD
MinnieDiva (Kim), DH (Sean), DD (10), Dad
Meum (Marianne), DH
Cali_Tracy, DH, DD (19), DD (11),
jmatias, DH, DS (15), DS (14), DD (8)
Dayub (Deb), DH (Alex), DD (15)
haddybaby, DH, DS (4), DS (9), DS (11), Mom, Dad
Neriberi, DH, DD (4)
mindelmouse (Mindy), DH (Jim), DS (12), DD (12)
keenercam, DH
IIIpath (Lynda), DH (Scott)
moneyhappy, DH
Lynderella (Lynn), DH, DD (12), DS (10)
DL1957
maleficent_fan51 - Chet and Fern
makaylee
TexasMouseFan, DD (14), DD (11)
abayaflowers, DH, DD (13), DD (10)
OurDogCisco, DH, DD (15), DD (12)
Tozzie
Hi ... I was playing around with Google Docs, and created a form for our Roll Call. I had lllpath look at it, and she thought it was okay... Here is the link to the form for Rollcall. The form creates a spreadsheet, so here is a link to the spreadsheet. I believe people can update their information once entered or not... Let me know. Also, if you are on the sheet, and for some reason have to back out, please pm me or lllpath (she graciously agreed to back me up if needed) and we will remove you. To the original poster, can you add a link to the form and the spreadsheet to the first page. Thanks.
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:27 PM   #205
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
Hi ... I was playing around with Google Docs, and created a form for our Roll Call. I had lllpath look at it, and she thought it was okay... Here is the link to the form for Rollcall. The form creates a spreadsheet, so here is a link to the spreadsheet. I believe people can update their information once entered or not... Let me know. Also, if you are on the sheet, and for some reason have to back out, please pm me or lllpath (she graciously agreed to back me up if needed) and we will remove you. To the original poster, can you add a link to the form and the spreadsheet to the first page. Thanks.
Very Cool! Thanks for starting this!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #206
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PrincesseInTow View Post
Paris was great! My DD's were 9 & 5 last summer. We were there for 3 nights post cruise. We did 2 children's tours with Paris Muse Tours and I highly recommend them. Pricey but worth it. We did the Louvre and If Buildings Could Talk. My DD's both wanted to go back to the Louvre because they had so much fun. We went to Versailles, Eiffel Tower and walk and walked. I wish we had more time there. It was actually chilly in Paris while we were there. The only place we needed sweaters on our trip but I think it was unseasonably cool for the days we were there.
Thanks for the Paris info. Still researching on the best place to stay before the cruise. This sounds like a great option. Although, my kids would want to take the train to see DL in Paris. Might be doable for one park day.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #207
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

When I went on my Med Cruise in 2007, I did the ABD London and Paris before the cruise and DLP after. If you haven't done an ABD before .. they are fantastic, a little pricey, but well worth it. I agree with everyone else about flying in the day before. When we first arrived in London before our 2007 cruise and the Baltic, I forced myself to stay awake. In 2007 we made it through dinner, but I almost did a face dive into my meal. In 2010, we had an early dinner and went back to our B&B to clean up a bit. Laid down to watch some TV, and the next thing I knew it was midnight, and my DD was sound asleep as well. Luckily, I managed to get back to sleep and we slept until the next morning. We were fine after that.
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:27 PM   #208
justhat
DC DISer
pick one night and stay up later for Wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
Sweet! Just filled it out for our family. We're actually sailing with my mom, who is in her own cabin next door, but I just listed the 5 of us as she will never post to this board.

Quote:
That is a great list of cruisers! Thanks for all of your hard work. Will you please change the spelling of my name from Dantz to Dance. That way it will be easier for everyone. Thanks!

We flew to London and stayed for a couple of days before flying to Barcelona for our 2010 Med cruise. We felt that this helped reduce the jet leg. This time we are looking to fly to Paris after the cruise. Has anyone been to Paris? Did you enjoy it? Any insight would be appreciated.

We discovered that we need lots of room on long voyages and book the largest cabin that we can afford. This gives us lots of room in which to relax. This time we didn't have enough DVC points for a cat t so we booked a cat 4. Has anyone stayed in a cat 4 before. Did you enjoy it? It looked like some of the cabins have an amazing view of the bridge from the balcony.

We would like to explore the option of doing a private tour(s) with a family. Also we would be open to linking our dinner reservations with another family who has child(ren) around the same age.

The last disgroup I sailed with had a get together party on the first day and had a lunch at Palo together in the private dining room. It held all 20 of us. This was a lot of fun! Would anyone be open to participating in this?
We've stayed in Cat 4s many times, and will be in March on the Fantasy again. We like them a lot, my favorite being 8088 because there's no overhead noise and it's close to the aft stairs/elevators, but they're all good.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #209
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member

Ok I looked for this link the other day and it wasn't openend yet, today I look at it and there is 15 pages.... Holy Cow.

Anyway we booked Wednesday asGold Members and snagged a 9B and can't wait. We did the first Med cruise in 2010 and can't wait to go back.

I see the price has already gone up $1500 since we booked...PHEW considering I thought it was expensive when we booked compared to what we paind in 2010

Plaese put us on the fish extender list.....

Sailing is
DH Glenn
DW Barbara
DD Christina 12

htmlkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #210
Meum
Mouseketeer

Wow! Such a great group and so full of useful information

We've been on a few cruises but have not been to the Med. Kind of overwhelmed at this point.

When we did the WBTA we arrived in Barcelona the day before we sailed and due to jet lag and rain we didn't get to see much so we'd like to arrive a couple of days early this time.

Thanks to all for the work that has already been done for this group. This will be only our second cruise as DIS members so let me know if I can help out with anything

Marianne
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: