Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #2056
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Sorry, we have to pass.

We'd love to be social and get to know folks, but we don't drink alcohol.
Same for us, but we would be up for a scheduled "event" some time, some where ... ideas? suggestions? Sea Days?

Which reminds me - do any of you go to the Trivia games they have on the ship? We've been to a few - some folks are "hard core" about it, but generally most of the other guests we've encountered are fun and easy going. The boys have enjoyed the family ones like the Pirate trivia and the "name that tune" ones that are sometimes done in the Promenade, and at times have gone with me to the ones that are adults in the mornings (because we didn't realize it was only adults but it wasn't busy so the CM said they could stay).

We like to go to Mickey Mania and such in Studio Sea, too.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #2057
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

The Cutest and Great Explanation of the Vatican City

So, I love watching www.viralviralvideos.com after a long day of work. I ran across this cute and great explanation of the Vatican City. I tried to explain it to my DDs (and I am Catholic hah!) and they were confused. But now I will just show this to them:

http://www.viralviralvideos.com/2013...ned-animation/

Looking forward to the Cruise!

I am going to look for the Disney store in Barcelona.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 06:26 PM   #2058
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
Same for us, but we would be up for a scheduled "event" some time, some where ... ideas? suggestions? Sea Days?

Which reminds me - do any of you go to the Trivia games they have on the ship? We've been to a few - some folks are "hard core" about it, but generally most of the other guests we've encountered are fun and easy going. The boys have enjoyed the family ones like the Pirate trivia and the "name that tune" ones that are sometimes done in the Promenade, and at times have gone with me to the ones that are adults in the mornings (because we didn't realize it was only adults but it wasn't busy so the CM said they could stay).

You'll find my daughter and I at most of the trivia events Cindy ... not hard core, but competitive.
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #2059
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Mail your postcard or letter from the Vatican City

I found this information online. This is so neat! I have to try it. I will probably take an hour writing postcards.

Many visitors to Rome take the opportunity to mail postcards and letters back home from another country, no, not Italy ó Vatican City! The Vatican has had its own post office and stamps since 1929. More items are mailed from the Vatican City postal code (00120) per inhabitant than from any other postal code in the world. The Universal Postal Union has called the Vatican, ďone of the best postal systems in the world.Ē

In fact, the Italian postal system has such reputation for slow service that I know Romans who will only use the Vaticanís postal system when mailing things abroad. Why? Well, your mail will get where itís going faster than if you mailed it from a regular Rome post office and spent the same amount. Plus, isnít it neat to have Vatican City stamps on your postcards? (Remember, you canít use Italian stamps here!)

There are several outposts of the Vatican Post Office including one near the museum and one of the left side of St. Peterís Square as you are facing St. Peterís Basilica. Another advantage of visiting the post office ó their stamps are truly beautiful and the perfect souvenir to bring back home for any stamp lover.
Old 04-10-2013, 07:33 PM   #2060
lllpath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Sorry, we have to pass.

We'd love to be social and get to know folks, but we don't drink alcohol.
We don't drink alcohol either. We do go to some of the trivia games though we are not hard core at all.
2013 - Magic's 1st Greek Islands
2012 - Magic - Canada
2011 - Dream Maiden Voyage and Thanksgiving on the Dream
2010 - Magic's 1st Northern European
2007 - Magic's 1st Medi and Christmas on the Magic (Eastern)
2006 - Spring break on the Magic - Western
2005 - Magic's 1st Mexican riviera
2004 - Wonder 3 day family reunion
2003 - land and sea - Grand Floridian/Wonder and Wonder 4-day Christmas
lllpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:08 PM   #2061
BluegrassBelles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Thank you

That being said, I have DH calling to find out if we can prearrange a mixology, or one of the "alcohol" seminars for a private group (rather than all of us having to run and book" Who would be interested if we can do it?
We would be all for it. Love those mixology or tasting seminars
Old 04-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #2062
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassBelles View Post
We would be all for it. Love those mixology or tasting seminars
Please see prior post for information and sign up instructions.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #2063
CDNDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
Thank you for putting this list out. My sincere apologies if I 'm reading them incorrectly, but would it be possible to get some clarification on a few lines just to be sure? We want to verify an accurate count for everyone so we don't leave anyone out.

Could the following parties please clarify their FE numbers?

pawhitejr: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 0 children, but there appear to be 3 children listed in the names columns in addition to the 2 adults. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (2, 5, other?)?

finkerbell: There are 2 listings on the spreadsheet under the "finkerbell" disname, and although the cabins are different, the names appear the same. Cabin 7563 shows 3 adults, and Cabin 7043 shows 4 adults (3 with the same names as 7563 plus one additional name). Could you clarify the actual number of travelers (3, 4, 7, other?) and cabin(s) for the FE please?

MEB51: The numbers columns show 3 adults and 0 children, but there appear to be 5 total people listed in the names columns. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (3, 5, other?)?

Kayancam: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 5 children, but there appear to be only 6 total people listed (1 and 5) in the names columns. Maybe there just wasn't enough room. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (6, 7, other?)?

justthat: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 4 children, but there appear to be only 5 total people listed (2 and 3) in the names columns. Maybe there just wasn't enough room. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (5, 6, other?)?

htmlkid: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 1 child, but there is no 3rd traveller listed in the names column. We don't need specific names, but could you please clarify how many travellers for the FE (2, 3, other?)?

Thank you so much!

I noticed these as well, can the people listed please verify the information so that we have correct numbers for the FE
DL Dec 2011 Grand Californian
DCL Wonder Dec 2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera
WDW Jan 2013 Tree House Villas
DCL Fantasy Jan 2013 7 night Eastern Caribbean
DCL Magic June 2014 13 Night Med with Greece
WDW Jan 2014 Saratoga Springs

CDNDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #2064
Cali Tracy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers
So, I love watching www.viralviralvideos.com after a long day of work. I ran across this cute and great explanation of the Vatican City. I tried to explain it to my DDs (and I am Catholic hah!) and they were confused. But now I will just show this to them:

Looking forward to the Cruise!

I am going to look for the Disney store in Barcelona.
Thanks so much for sharing! This is great!
Cali Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #2065
Meum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post

I love this! thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

I don't usually drink and suck at trivia!! but do like to watch the activities!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
I found this information online. This is so neat! I have to try it. I will probably take an hour writing postcards.

Many visitors to Rome take the opportunity to mail postcards and letters back home from another country, no, not Italy ó Vatican City! The Vatican has had its own post office and stamps since 1929. More items are mailed from the Vatican City postal code (00120) per inhabitant than from any other postal code in the world. The Universal Postal Union has called the Vatican, ďone of the best postal systems in the world.Ē

In fact, the Italian postal system has such reputation for slow service that I know Romans who will only use the Vaticanís postal system when mailing things abroad. Why? Well, your mail will get where itís going faster than if you mailed it from a regular Rome post office and spent the same amount. Plus, isnít it neat to have Vatican City stamps on your postcards? (Remember, you canít use Italian stamps here!)

There are several outposts of the Vatican Post Office including one near the museum and one of the left side of St. Peterís Square as you are facing St. Peterís Basilica. Another advantage of visiting the post office ó their stamps are truly beautiful and the perfect souvenir to bring back home for any stamp lover.
oh, thanks so much, gonna get my postcard pen ready!!!

see ya, marianne
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 PM   #2066
meb51
Mouseketeer

Clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
Thank you for putting this list out. My sincere apologies if I 'm reading them incorrectly, but would it be possible to get some clarification on a few lines just to be sure? We want to verify an accurate count for everyone so we don't leave anyone out.

Could the following parties please clarify their FE numbers?

pawhitejr: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 0 children, but there appear to be 3 children listed in the names columns in addition to the 2 adults. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (2, 5, other?)?

finkerbell: There are 2 listings on the spreadsheet under the "finkerbell" disname, and although the cabins are different, the names appear the same. Cabin 7563 shows 3 adults, and Cabin 7043 shows 4 adults (3 with the same names as 7563 plus one additional name). Could you clarify the actual number of travelers (3, 4, 7, other?) and cabin(s) for the FE please?

MEB51: The numbers columns show 3 adults and 0 children, but there appear to be 5 total people listed in the names columns. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (3, 5, other?)?

Kayancam: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 5 children, but there appear to be only 6 total people listed (1 and 5) in the names columns. Maybe there just wasn't enough room. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (6, 7, other?)?

justthat: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 4 children, but there appear to be only 5 total people listed (2 and 3) in the names columns. Maybe there just wasn't enough room. Could you clarify your total for the FE please (5, 6, other?)?

htmlkid: The numbers columns show 2 adults and 1 child, but there is no 3rd traveller listed in the names column. We don't need specific names, but could you please clarify how many travellers for the FE (2, 3, other?)?

Thank you so much!
I can clarify mine (MEB51). Sorry for the confusion. There are five of us who are traveling in two cabins. We have 3 of us in one cabin and 2 in the other. Marie
meb51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #2067
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 890537 View Post
Will post their response? We likely cannot join you because we are planning to arrive in Barcelona Saturday morning (train from Madrid) but thought we might go after the cruise and my dd will be less than week shy of 5. Thanks!

Pam
The museum made an exception for the group on the 15th of June to include children from 4 to 13 years old.

I recommend emailing them ahead of time prior to your visit to see if they allow your child to join a class after the cruise.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:30 PM   #2068
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Ok folks..just posted over at FB and now sharing here...we have 7 spots left in Mixology and 6 in Wine tasting...once we hit 40, we can take no more...If you haven't pm'd me and are interested I would suggest you do it now.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #2069
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Gina shared this over on the FB group -

The app CityMaps2Go Ė full version is free today for ipad / ipod.

No wifi needed to use them after youíve downloaded.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #2070
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom
Gina shared this over on the FB group -

The app CityMaps2Go – full version is free today for ipad / ipod.

No wifi needed to use them after you’ve downloaded.
Thank,you!

MedCruise June 15-27, 2013 VilleFranche-Sur-Mer, La Spezia, Civitavecchia, Piraeus, Kusadasi, Mykonos, Valetta

MedCruise Aug. 7, 2010 Valetta, Tunis, Naples, Civitavecchia, La Spezia, VilleFranche-Sur-Mer

Mexican Riviera 2008

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: