Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #2026
MJGirl
DIS Veteran
 
MJGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,100

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post

Again, why do you think we may need one? No one hangs at the meet and greet that long because we will have the life boat drill at about 4, we aren't there long enough to warrant reserving a space. There aren't lots of crazy groups like ours. We should be fine. We have never had a problem just showing up at the Promenade.
I answered the precious quote before I read yours ... I agree with your assessment
__________________
Adventure by Disney: 2007 - City of Knights and Lights 2008 - Backstage Magic
Disney Cruise Line: 2007 - Med 2008 - Panama Canal EB 2010 - Baltic (Finland) 2011 - Dream MV, LA to Vancouver Repo, Alaskan 2012 - Hawaii 2013 - Med (Greece/Turkey)
Upcoming Cruises: 2014 - Two dummy cruises booked
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:42 AM   #2027
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
I answered the precious quote before I read yours ... I agree with your assessment
Thank you

That being said, I have DH calling to find out if we can prearrange a mixology, or one of the "alcohol" seminars for a private group (rather than all of us having to run and book" Who would be interested if we can do it?
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #2028
darjohn
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Trenton, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

John, deliveries are made any time between boarding and the last night of the cruise, but usually earlier in the trip esp if its something guests can use right away. We deliver whenever we are headed somewhere so having the list in cabin number order is helpful. Also knowing that cabins with a 0 or 1 for their 2nd digit are port IDE and those with 5 or 6 are starboard also helps.
Thanks - looking forward to the FE exchange
__________________
Dar & John Platinum Castaway Members
darjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #2029
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
I've reserved a lounge for secret mickey events before ... Have to set it up with events group. DCL should give you an email address.
thanks - I just didn't know if it was something that could happen - I think the other post was on the Fantasy. On the Baltic, we had a mid-cruise Meet and were in the lounge where the piano is (shoot, I can't remember the name of it - not Diversions but the other one back there) but the person who was hosting had made it an official "event" and even provided snacks (some of us contributed to the cost for that event for the group).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Again, why do you think we may need one? No one hangs at the meet and greet that long because we will have the life boat drill at about 4, we aren't there long enough to warrant reserving a space. There aren't lots of crazy groups like ours. We should be fine. We have never had a problem just showing up at the Promenade.
I wasn't suggesting that we needed one; however with as large of a group as we have, I suspect we'll overflow the Promenade Lounge if even only half of us show up If we're starting at 3:00, then there is time to hang out and get a chance to say hi / put faces and names together before heading to life boat drill - and since we no longer have to go back to our cabins to grab life vests, it doesn't take so long to get to the stations as long as you check where you need to be before heading to the Meet/Greet.

Again, I was just asking if it was something DCL does - making space available for a meet/greet (not an event).
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:44 AM   #2030
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

thanks - I just didn't know if it was something that could happen - I think the other post was on the Fantasy. On the Baltic, we had a mid-cruise Meet and were in the lounge where the piano is (shoot, I can't remember the name of it - not Diversions but the other one back there) but the person who was hosting had made it an official "event" and even provided snacks (some of us contributed to the cost for that event for the group).

I wasn't suggesting that we needed one; however with as large of a group as we have, I suspect we'll overflow the Promenade Lounge if even only half of us show up If we're starting at 3:00, then there is time to hang out and get a chance to say hi / put faces and names together before heading to life boat drill - and since we no longer have to go back to our cabins to grab life vests, it doesn't take so long to get to the stations as long as you check where you need to be before heading to the Meet/Greet.

Again, I was just asking if it was something DCL does - making space available for a meet/greet (not an event).
I think you're confusing the Promenade Lounge. It's quite large. It's the one you described above. Deck 3 towards the back of the ship. Honestly I think well be fine. Many times people forget to show up in the excitement if getting on the ship. I know I have.
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:00 AM   #2031
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
I think you're confusing the Promenade Lounge. It's quite large. It's the one you described above. Deck 3 towards the back of the ship. Honestly I think well be fine. Many times people forget to show up in the excitement if getting on the ship. I know I have.
Actually, I'm not confusing the Promenade Lounge - but I've attended Meet/Greets there that DO get quite crowded particularly with the chairs / tables and staying more on one side to leave the other side open for other guests who always linger on the edge wondering what we're about

But again, I was not suggesting to move the Meet/Greet - just saw the other post and didn't know if it was something that could be done.

Regarding the Meet/Greet, do we want to do nametags? Sometimes we've had them just to stick on for the meet to make the who's who thing a little easier. In Alaska, someone printed some on business cards that we could slip into our lanyard holders which was nice for later in the week when we'd run into each other as an easy way to identify fellow-DISers. I kept mine in my work lanyard after we got home as a memory
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #2032
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

Actually, I'm not confusing the Promenade Lounge - but I've attended Meet/Greets there that DO get quite crowded particularly with the chairs / tables and staying more on one side to leave the other side open for other guests who always linger on the edge wondering what we're about

But again, I was not suggesting to move the Meet/Greet - just saw the other post and didn't know if it was something that could be done.

Regarding the Meet/Greet, do we want to do nametags? Sometimes we've had them just to stick on for the meet to make the who's who thing a little easier. In Alaska, someone printed some on business cards that we could slip into our lanyard holders which was nice for later in the week when we'd run into each other as an easy way to identify fellow-DISers. I kept mine in my work lanyard after we got home as a memory
The name tag thing would be a great idea. I like the lanyard idea as well. Can you organize that? Not everyone will have lanyards but i have a slew at home that I can bring for the new cruisers. Dont know if I'll have enough
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 AM   #2033
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
The name tag thing would be a great idea. I like the lanyard idea as well. Can you organize that? Not everyone will have lanyards but i have a slew at home that I can bring for the new cruisers. Dont know if I'll have enough
I have some peel/stick name tags I can bring but I can also see if I can do the ones for sticking in the lanyards - I'll use the Roll Call spreadsheet to make them from.

I was also thinking of making DISBoard magnets as part of our FE but maybe instead I'll do them and bring them to the Meet/Greet so folks can take one back to their cabin and stick on their door whether they are FE'ing or not - that way it identifies us all as DISers Someone had made a little green design that's pretty subtle that I picked up a few years ago, and I have some small round peel/stick magnets coming so if I can get them to work right, I'll do that. Nothing fancy, just something to stick on the door.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #2034
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post

I have some peel/stick name tags I can bring but I can also see if I can do the ones for sticking in the lanyards - I'll use the Roll Call spreadsheet to make them from.

I was also thinking of making DISBoard magnets as part of our FE but maybe instead I'll do them and bring them to the Meet/Greet so folks can take one back to their cabin and stick on their door whether they are FE'ing or not - that way it identifies us all as DISers Someone had made a little green design that's pretty subtle that I picked up a few years ago, and I have some small round peel/stick magnets coming so if I can get them to work right, I'll do that. Nothing fancy, just something to stick on the door.
That's really cool.
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:27 AM   #2035
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,789

This is the design:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2142170
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #2036
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse
 
mindelmouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hillsborough NJ
Posts: 2,137

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
that's really cute.
__________________
Me DH DD DS

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #2037
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran
 
nzdisneymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: North Florida
Posts: 5,789

If I've counted right, we have 27 states and 4 other countries represented on this cruise who are DISers.
__________________
Cindy D.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #2038
canadakath
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 223

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
Thank you

That being said, I have DH calling to find out if we can prearrange a mixology, or one of the "alcohol" seminars for a private group (rather than all of us having to run and book" Who would be interested if we can do it?
Oh I'm sure we could be convinced!
__________________
Kath, DH, DS 9 , DS 7

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #2039
NanNan
Earning My Ears
 
NanNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzdisneymom View Post
If I've counted right, we have 27 states and 4 other countries represented on this cruise who are DISers.
That is pretty cool!
Love it!
NanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #2040
NanNan
Earning My Ears
 
NanNan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Oh I'm sure we could be convinced!
Sounds like a good time, for sure!
NanNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: