Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #1861
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ame View Post
What company are you using for Ephesus? We are planning to do Ephesus with a private company and haven't decided which one.
We are using Best Ephesus Private Tours (http://www.bestofephesus.com). I just received confirmation from them. They are charging 230Euros (2 adults & 2 children) for 6 hours in a Mercedes Mini-van with AC and non-smoking). Lunch is not included and will be taking us to the local restaurants that serve milk-free and cheese-free dishes, because our DD is highly allergic to milk, cheese, and any dairy products.

I forgot to mention where I found them. I found them by reading Tripadvisor.

We are touring the following:

Ephesus Ancient City
Ephesus Ancient City is one of the best well-kept Roman Cities in the world ; where the most of cruise guests visit; was the capital of Asia Minor; the most important commercial center of western Anatolia; one of the seven churches of Christianity in Asia Minor; the city where Saint Paul preached and was mentioned several times in New Testament.

Terrace Houses
Also called as "the houses of rich", those houses were for the important and wealthy people of Ephesus, as only rich people could afford such houses. The best examples of mosaics, excellent frescos ( wall paintings ), one of the first examples of central heating system can be visibled in Terrace Houses.

Temple of Artemis
The Temple of Artemision is known as one of the Seven Wonders of the Antic world. The location of temple in only one place in the world where you can see 3 different religious  worship places as Temple, Mosque and Church in the same angle.

Saint John Church ( Expression from Temple of Artemis )
It is believed that the Evangelist St. John had spent his last years in the region around Ephesus and buried in the southern slope of Ayosolug Hill. The tomb of St John was under the central dome.

They also gave us an option to skip the "sales presentation of the local rugs, jewelry, etc."

For those who want to go to the Aqualand or Aqua Fantasy DIY, I was told that there's a paid shuttle from the port to one of the aquaparks. It's not through DCL. I was also told that it becomes really HOT as the day progress so it is important to get the excursions out of the way in the morning.

Last edited by abayaflowers; 03-18-2013 at 11:46 PM. Reason: forgot to mention where I found them.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #1862
CDNDisneyMom
Mouseketeer

Now my user name is spelled correctly

The spelling mistake in my user name was driving me nuts so I had to create a new profile with the correct spelling. Serves me right for registering in the middle of the night.
DL Dec 2011 Grand Californian
DCL Wonder Dec 2011 7 Night Mexican Riviera
WDW Jan 2013 Tree House Villas
DCL Fantasy Jan 2013 7 night Eastern Caribbean
DCL Magic June 2014 13 Night Med with Greece
WDW Jan 2014 Saratoga Springs

CDNDisneyMom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #1863
finkerbell
Mouseketeer

We are getting very excited!!!

We will be celebrating our D/D's graduation from Law School and her masters as well!

Busy now thinking of FE ideas
finkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:16 PM   #1864
finkerbell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCPixieDust View Post
Hi Jen- I almost requested LAP to have formal night in Animators! Animators is my favorite- with or without the show. I think it's actually kind of cool to have formal night in the "black & white" of Animators. However, since I requested that in the past, I requested rotation 3 and aimed for Lumiere's for formal night. You can't go wrong either way. We also don't know when the full Animators show is- would be cool if it was more than once. You're going to have an amazing time- there is nothing like DCL!
I need to request our rotation this week....I'm confused about the "full Animator's show" you are discussing. I've been on two other Disney cruises but I'm not sure what differentiates between the full show an a regular show? Can someone fill me in one this? Thanks a bunch Also just to clarify I would request rotation 3 if I want to be in Lumiere's on formal night?

Thanks!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #1865
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Got all the excursions we wanted on Saturday night. i'm wondering if anyone else on here will be on the same ones? Especially all you folks with kids in the 5-12 age range (mine will be turning 7 and 9.5).

Best of Rome (my major splurge for excursions - hoping it works out!)
Athens Sightseeing, Acropolis, and New Acropolis Museum with Lunch
Ephesus and Virgin Mary
Valletta - the City of the Knights

Anyone overlap with us? Villefranche we will do Monaco on our own (counting on jetlagged grumpy kids - going for a light day), La Spezia my youngest is focused on doing Pisa so we will book tickets on our own (he won't be 8 so I'm hoping nobody checks) and Mykonos we are going to find a beach!

Also got Palo dinner for the day we are in Malta - only very late times for sea days available.

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #1866
puredata
Earring, my ear

Exclamation Excursion List

Hey, this was set up for the FB group, but please feel free to add your excursion to the list to be able to see who is going with you!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
puredata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #1867
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by finkerbell View Post
We are getting very excited!!!

We will be celebrating our D/D's graduation from Law School and her masters as well!

Busy now thinking of FE ideas
CONGRATULATIONS! to you as a wonderful parent and to your DD who worked so hard .
Old 03-19-2013, 11:46 PM   #1868
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Got all the excursions we wanted on Saturday night. i'm wondering if anyone else on here will be on the same ones? Especially all you folks with kids in the 5-12 age range (mine will be turning 7 and 9.5).

Anyone overlap with us? Villefranche we will do Monaco on our own (counting on jetlagged grumpy kids - going for a light day),
We will also be on our own in Villefranche. The jetlag will be killing me as a mom.
Quote:
La Spezia my youngest is focused on doing Pisa so we will book tickets on our own (he won't be 8 so I'm hoping nobody checks) and Mykonos we are going to find a beach!
My DD10 is SO looking forward to the leaning tower of PISA. As for Mykonos, I told both DDs that we are going to head for Delos in the morning and find a beach in the afternoon after we find some olive oil
Quote:
Also got Palo dinner for the day we are in Malta - only very late times for sea days available.
I need to look again, because I only found the Palo's dinner available during non-sea days.

Need some pixie dust
Old 03-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #1869
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
We will also be on our own in Villefranche. The jetlag will be killing me as a mom.

My DD10 is SO looking forward to the leaning tower of PISA. As for Mykonos, I told both DDs that we are going to head for Delos in the morning and find a beach in the afternoon after we find some olive oil

I need to look again, because I only found the Palo's dinner available during non-sea days.

Need some pixie dust
We intentionally booked Palo in a port day...as to avoid another dinner in Parrot Cay...assuming of course that we get our requested rotation.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #1870
MoonDaughter23
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Ephesus and Virgin Mary
We're also doing Valletta - City of Knights with you, but my DD is 13. Not an age match, but she gets along great with younger kids. (Being an older "sister" and cousin has trained her well)

My Disney Adventures
Disney Magic Inaugural Greek Cruise: June 15, 2013
Disneyland/California Adventure: April 4, 2013
Disney Fantasy: December 29, 2012
Hollywood Studios, Animal Kingdom and Epcot: December 25, 2012
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 17, 2012 (Opening week of Cars Land and Mad T Party)
Disneyland/California Adventure: March 2012
Became DVC Member: December 28, 2011,
First Disney Cruise: December 24, 2011, Magic
Magic Kingdom and Epcot: January 2011
Disneyland/California Adventure: June 2007
My Daughter’s first trip to Disneyland: December 31, 2001
Animal Kingdom: August 1999
Epcot: June 1997
Disneyland: July 1994
Disneyland: June 1991
Disneyland: April 1987
First trip to Disneyland: November 29, 1986
MoonDaughter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:31 PM   #1871
ame
Addicted to travel

Quote:

Ephesus and Virgin Mary

Anyone overlap with us? Villefranche we will do Monaco on our own (counting on jetlagged grumpy kids - going for a light day), La Spezia my youngest is focused on doing Pisa so we will book tickets on our own (he won't be 8 so I'm hoping nobody checks) and Mykonos we are going to find a beach!
We're doing Villefrance on our own. I think we're planning to go to Cannes this day. My husband and boys are going on city of Knights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
We're using Magical Steps Travel. Decent price, quick email response, good reviews on Trip Advisor.
Thanks! I've sent a request for information to them outlining our needs and hoping they can make it work for us.
ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #1872
finkerbell
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
CONGRATULATIONS! to you as a wonderful parent and to your DD who worked so hard .
Thank you so much!!! We are so proud of her <3 This cruise is her graduation present
Old 03-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #1873
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Cruise Calendar

Hi everyone ... looks like I "volunteered" to create a calendar of events ... Can you please pm me any events (include date and time) and special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that you want posted on the calendar. I'll keep a running tally in this post, so that I don't get duplicate posts. I will also post a link to this post in my signature, so people can easily find it. Not sure if we have a common post of all information or not, but if we do, can the owner of that post add a link to this post. Don't want my inbox loaded with duplicates

Just a warning ... I am not the most artistic person, but will do my best ... I'll get my daughter to help.

ETA ... Created a Google Doc ... please update it with your event/occasion you want on the calendar. Here is the link ... also, decided not to post it in my signature, as didn't want non cruisers to have access to it.

Cruise Calendar - Special Events and Occasions
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"

Last edited by MJGirl; 03-21-2013 at 10:18 PM.
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:18 AM   #1874
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
Hi everyone ... looks like I "volunteered" to create a calendar of events ... Can you please pm me any events (include date and time) and special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc) that you want posted on the calendar. I'll keep a running tally in this post, so that I don't get duplicate posts. I will also post a link to this post in my signature, so people can easily find it. Not sure if we have a common post of all information or not, but if we do, can the owner of that post add a link to this post. Don't want my inbox loaded with duplicates

Just a warning ... I am not the most artistic person, but will do my best ... I'll get my daughter to help.

ETA ... Created a Google Doc ... please update it with your event/occasion you want on the calendar. Here is the link ... also, decided not to post it in my signature, as didn't want non cruisers to have access to it.

Cruise Calendar - Special Events and Occasions
Thanks MJ

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #1875
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puredata View Post
Hey, this was set up for the FB group, but please feel free to add your excursion to the list to be able to see who is going with you!)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2c&usp=sharing
Thanks so much for setting this up.

We share three excursions in common with the Cassese family.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: