Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #1741
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
Please remember that when one decides to copy his or her passport at a local print/copy shop, a copy of the passport is forever kept in the Hard Drive or the Memory Card of the photocopying machine.

So, I use my own copy (fax/copy/print) machine from Staples.
Great advice a this also goes for the copier at your place of work. Anything that has the ability to scan and/or store will have a copy of what you have reproduced on it.
Sue
Copenhagen to Dover June, 2015!
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:41 PM   #1742
Meum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadakath View Post
Hi Meum,

I am an avid scrapbooker (when time permits!) and we are going to Paris after the cruise. I was toying with the idea of doing my first digital scrapbook for this trip though so I could do little books for the kids as well.

I would love to offer you a trade for your stickers - I used to sell Creative Memories and have a Stampin' Up obsession so my craft room is packed. Let me know if there is anything you are looking for!
sounds good to me! i'll PM you!!!
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #1743
ame
Addicted to travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang4 View Post
. I'm always trying to spread the word to my peers as they have no idea how much quality time you get on DCL with your spouse thanks to Disney's knowing it's demographics. Kids' clubs, Palo, Remy, couples massages... For that reason, I'm a big fan of B2Bs (less pressure to fit stuff in), but alas, we couldn't swing the dates this time around.
IKWYM. Our first cruise (Disney and ever) was in April 2011 to the MR after DH had been away from us for 7 months. DH had been adamant that he never wanted to cruise since the beginning of our relationship, but I was the one at home with 4 kids (including moody 13yo starting high school and DD with physical disabilities) and no support for 7 months plus caring for my mum who was unwell. So therefore I got to book our reunion holiday. We also went to DL & Death Valley, but it was the cruise that surprised us most. We never imagined that we would love cruising so much. It was the best of everything together, alone or couple. And all the kids loved it too.

We came home "converted" and tell everybody how it is the best thing for families. DCL should pay me commission as 2 families have booked b/c of my feedback and RCCL & Carnival should too as some people have booked cruises with them b/c of my love of cruising!! (Even though I've never sailed with them!!)

I think it's really great that you're able to swing this family together time. It's so important and you never regret it. We didn't start traveling with our kids til our youngest was 5 (is now nearly 10) and our only regret is that we didn't start sooner.

And the conversation about the people on the ship... my DH & I had that same conversation as we sat on the deck one day and watched people. Parents at my kids schools are the same too, just adult evolutions of HS

I have photos of our passports in my gmail account and on my phone (which is pass-protected).
ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:04 PM   #1744
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ame

IKWYM. Our first cruise (Disney and ever) was in April 2011 to the MR after DH had been away from us for 7 months. DH had been adamant that he never wanted to cruise since the beginning of our relationship, but I was the one at home with 4 kids (including moody 13yo starting high school and DD with physical disabilities) and no support for 7 months plus caring for my mum who was unwell. So therefore I got to book our reunion holiday. We also went to DL & Death Valley, but it was the cruise that surprised us most. We never imagined that we would love cruising so much. It was the best of everything together, alone or couple. And all the kids loved it too.

We came home "converted" and tell everybody how it is the best thing for families. DCL should pay me commission as 2 families have booked b/c of my feedback and RCCL & Carnival should too as some people have booked cruises with them b/c of my love of cruising!! (Even though I've never sailed with them!!)

I think it's really great that you're able to swing this family together time. It's so important and you never regret it. We didn't start traveling with our kids til our youngest was 5 (is now nearly 10) and our only regret is that we didn't start sooner.

And the conversation about the people on the ship... my DH & I had that same conversation as we sat on the deck one day and watched people. Parents at my kids schools are the same too, just adult evolutions of HS

I have photos of our passports in my gmail account and on my phone (which is pass-protected).
I have to agree about reconnecting on vacations. My DH works 72 hours a week and his coworkers think nothing of calling him on his days off. On cruises? Phone is OFF! He can actually relax and rejoin the family.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #1745
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
I found my purse on REI outlet's site, but I just looked there and there's nothing . If I see a deal, I'll post it. My camera bag was quite the ordeal though. DH didn't like my sling and asked for a backpack. We found one...but it's far suited to his longer torso...so it's his to hold. The bonus is that there is a lot of space for stuff other than the camera and lenses.

Why are you planning on more than one camera??? And what part of TX are you from??
Thank you for the REI outlet idea. Have not looked there. Maybe I will get lucky and something will show up. 2 cameras...don't laugh, but I want to have a backup and want to try to get that 'perfect picture'. I have a small Sony point and shoot that I carry to the parks. It works very well and will likely be the one I have in my hand all the time. I happened to find a great deal on a Canon that has a really good zoom. It will be a toy to have fun with. You know how it is...trip of a lifetime and I may not ever get back to Europe again (I need to make sure I throw a coin in the fountain in Rome!!)

We live in San Antonio. It's just me, Lisa, and my DD 14 and DD 11. We are doing the ABD add on for the cruise. I'm nervous about traveling alone with 2 DDs. I thought staying with DCL / ABD components was a safer option for us. We are looking forward to the trip!!!! Thank you for your help!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #1746
Meum
Mouseketeer

whew! after a few hours of reading and discussing and reading some more we've figured out which excursions we want and which ports we are just going to wing it!!!! now we'll just have to see if we get them on the 17th!!! we've got 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices just in case too. once i translate my husband's writing i'll share what we came up with and see who else is going on the same ones.

see ya, marianne
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #1747
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

Delos island new openings

I just check port excursions. Disney has just added another excusion to Delos Island at 10:15. I just added a family of 4 to that excursion. I also let go the 3 slots we origianlly signed up for at 7:45. Hurry the slots may still be there as I completed the transaction at 8:56 Central Time.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #1748
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver
I just check port excursions. Disney has just added another excusion to Delos Island at 10:15. I just added a family of 4 to that excursion. I also let go the 3 slots we origianlly signed up for at 7:45. Hurry the slots may still be there as I completed the transaction at 8:56 Central Time.
Excellent. Thanks for posting this. No doubt they'll be gone before silver and below book, but good to know they're adding stuff...

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
Old 03-05-2013, 09:06 PM   #1749
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Ok...on another thread it was mentioned that there was confirmation of the Character breakfast for our cruise. Who has that info??? There was a point in time there I couldn't keep up with all the posts!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:28 PM   #1750
baileysgm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver
Thanks so much for posting this!!!! I just now booked the 10:15 slot for a family of four. We now have everything we wanted
baileysgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:02 PM   #1751
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMouseFan

Thank you for the REI outlet idea. Have not looked there. Maybe I will get lucky and something will show up. 2 cameras...don't laugh, but I want to have a backup and want to try to get that 'perfect picture'. I have a small Sony point and shoot that I carry to the parks. It works very well and will likely be the one I have in my hand all the time. I happened to find a great deal on a Canon that has a really good zoom. It will be a toy to have fun with. You know how it is...trip of a lifetime and I may not ever get back to Europe again (I need to make sure I throw a coin in the fountain in Rome!!)

We live in San Antonio. It's just me, Lisa, and my DD 14 and DD 11. We are doing the ABD add on for the cruise. I'm nervous about traveling alone with 2 DDs. I thought staying with DCL / ABD components was a safer option for us. We are looking forward to the trip!!!! Thank you for your help!
I was just at WDW solo, and took a point and shoot.....so regret leaving the big one at home. I love my camera. I had to buy a new computer with a ginormous hard drive to hold all my stuff. I try to weed out stuff, but that only happens intermittently.

San Antonio is a nice city. I was stationed at Wilford Hall for a while...good food abounds!!!

Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #1752
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Ok...on another thread it was mentioned that there was confirmation of the Character breakfast for our cruise. Who has that info??? There was a point in time there I couldn't keep up with all the posts!
I did...We called about character breakfasts. They told us that the rotation wasn't determined until right before we left.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #1753
Scott H
First to Magically cross from Kingdom to Kingdom!

I see some talk about camera bags, I seem to recall PacSafe has a new photographer/ camera bag. Sorry did not look real close at it.
If we couldn't laugh we would all just go insane. The only difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude. Don’t dream your life, Live your dream! Paradise is not a place but a state of Mind
KEWL!!!
Scott H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #1754
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver View Post
My DD13 really wants to go to Delos Island. I hope when we book our activities on March 17th that I can get a couple of spots for the excursion.

Thanks for the update!
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #1755
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Greece: A Dry Climate--Pack an "Ocean" before you go!

I found this on the Tripadvisor Travel Forum

A Dry Climate--Pack an "Ocean" before you go!

Before you leave, run to the pharmacy and purchase a bottle of "Ocean" sodium chloride for each person in your traveling party, and lip balm. The air, especially in Athens is very dry---think Arizona or Denver, and a squeeze of these nose drops a few times a day can improve your trip considerably. Pack away plenty of sunscreen (30+), since it is very expensive to purchase in Greece.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: