Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #1726
Meum
Mouseketeer

does anyone here scrapbook? and if so, would you be interested in any France & Paris stickers? i've just finished scrapbooking our trip to Disneyland Paris and have many left over non Disney France & Paris stickers. would love to share them with someone who could use them instead of hoarding them (besides it would give me more room to buy stickers for our Med cruise!
Disney Magic Mexican Riveria Cruise 2005
Disneyland Tokyo 2006
Disneyland Hong Kong 2006
Disney Magic Westbound Trans Atlantic Cruise 2007
Disney Magic Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise 2008
First time DVC visit to Grand Californian Villas 2010
Disney Magic Inagural Northern European Capitals Cruise 2010
Meum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #1727
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Does it really matter what it looks like? I would think bland and boring would actually be beneficial while traveling. I have a Pacsafe purse that I use, but my camera won't fit in it...I have a T1i. The husband carries the camera bag, and I keep the camera on me, either slung like a purse over a shoulder or cross body (usually like this then me holding the lens to protect it if in a crowd). If I didn't hold it, DH would never stop to take pics.

The only time we absolutely had to take passports off the ship in 2010 was in Tunisia. Not sure about this time. I do know that I had copies of them, and am pretty sure we brought them with us. We didn't make any big purchases, but don;t you need ID to buy stuff??
We didn't need id for any purchases we made last time...Never carried our passports off the ship...I think I remember they told us not to, except in tunisia

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #1728
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Rick Steves What's New in Italy for 2013 - in the USA Today today.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #1729
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Well, that was weird.

You know I said I couldn't get a Palo brunch for the 4 of us?

Well, I went back and checked again.

When I booked us separately (me and DH on one reservation; DD age 21 and DS age 18 on another reservation) at the same time and the same day, we were able to get it.

So we are all going at 11 on June 26, our last day, but on two separate reservations. I hope we can sit together. I know I have seen tables for 4 at the bunch. At least we were able to get it.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #1730
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Well, that was weird.

When I booked us separately (me and DH on one reservation; DD age 21 and DS age 18 on another reservation) at the same time and the same day, we were able to get it.

So we are all going at 11 on June 26, our last day, but on two separate reservations. I hope we can sit together. I know I have seen tables for 4 at the bunch. At least we were able to get it.
Probably all the 4-tops were reserved, so you get two 2-tops. You can probably request that they be together.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #1731
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, that was weird.

Just go to Palo anytime before your reservation and let them know that you would like to be seated together if possible. They have ALWAYS been very accomodationg to us and work hard to make sure we get what we want if possible.

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #1732
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This happened with us and my sister/BIL. We had two separate reservations for the same date and time. When we showed up at Palo for dinner, they had already set up for us to be at the same table b/c our reservations were linked. Of course, it probably wouldn't hurt if you ask them ahead of time.

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Travelbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 PM   #1733
ImprovGal
No animals were harmed in the making of the dinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957 View Post
I was checking out some excursions for my family who are silver and thought you would like to know that the cooking in Tuscany is sold out you will not be receiving your phone call saying it is cancelled! Congrats.
Thank you for the good news!

I had a nice start to my day this morning before work -- I was finally able to switch the last leg of my flight itinerary from Y to C. Woohoo! (it's a shame that once work started the day didn't continue along quite as well... sigh... just makes me appreciate the vacations all the more)
Old 03-04-2013, 10:56 PM   #1734
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieDiva View Post
Does it really matter what it looks like? I would think bland and boring would actually be beneficial while traveling. I have a Pacsafe purse that I use, but my camera won't fit in it...I have a T1i. The husband carries the camera bag, and I keep the camera on me, either slung like a purse over a shoulder or cross body (usually like this then me holding the lens to protect it if in a crowd). If I didn't hold it, DH would never stop to take pics.

The only time we absolutely had to take passports off the ship in 2010 was in Tunisia. Not sure about this time. I do know that I had copies of them, and am pretty sure we brought them with us. We didn't make any big purchases, but don;t you need ID to buy stuff??
I am looking for something bland and boring. I guess I will keep looking at the Pacsafe line to find something big enough for my camera. The really crazy thing is that I am planning to carry 2 cameras. I'm sure it is overkill and I will likely change my mind qiuckly after the first port.

Thank you for the passport information. I really did not want to carry them everyday. I don't plan to buy much, so hopefully my TX DL will work for an id...or I just don't need to make the purchase.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #1735
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMouseFan

I am looking for something bland and boring. I guess I will keep looking at the Pacsafe line to find something big enough for my camera. The really crazy thing is that I am planning to carry 2 cameras. I'm sure it is overkill and I will likely change my mind qiuckly after the first port.

Thank you for the passport information. I really did not want to carry them everyday. I don't plan to buy much, so hopefully my TX DL will work for an id...or I just don't need to make the purchase.
I found my purse on REI outlet's site, but I just looked there and there's nothing . If I see a deal, I'll post it. My camera bag was quite the ordeal though. DH didn't like my sling and asked for a backpack. We found one...but it's far suited to his longer torso...so it's his to hold. The bonus is that there is a lot of space for stuff other than the camera and lenses.

Why are you planning on more than one camera??? And what part of TX are you from??

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:02 AM   #1736
canadakath
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meum View Post
does anyone here scrapbook? and if so, would you be interested in any France & Paris stickers? i've just finished scrapbooking our trip to Disneyland Paris and have many left over non Disney France & Paris stickers. would love to share them with someone who could use them instead of hoarding them (besides it would give me more room to buy stickers for our Med cruise!
Hi Meum,

I am an avid scrapbooker (when time permits!) and we are going to Paris after the cruise. I was toying with the idea of doing my first digital scrapbook for this trip though so I could do little books for the kids as well.

I would love to offer you a trade for your stickers - I used to sell Creative Memories and have a Stampin' Up obsession so my craft room is packed. Let me know if there is anything you are looking for!

POFQ - May 2009 | AKL - November 2009 | CR - November 2010 | 7-nt Western on the Magic 1/22/2011 | CR - November 2011 | POR - November 2012 |Discovering the Magic of the Med! 12-nt with Greek Isles 6/15/13 | POLY - November 2013
canadakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #1737
Boomerang4
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone. We've been off the boards for a while, but now we're back and I'm catching up with all the great posts, information and inspiration from our great disboarders...

First, a belated thanks to NZDISNEYMOM, MINDELMOUSE, MINIDIVA, and everyone else who's kept us organized and included here and on FB for the past who-knows-how-many months. Thank you so much.

By way of reintroduction, my husband and I both work overseas at embassies. this year and last, we each were at one in the middle east that was too dangerous for families, and the other had the boys at a European post (we swapped this past fall). DCL is one way we catch up with each other and spend concentrated family time. We won't always be split up, but everyone has to take their turn. I'm always trying to spread the word to my peers as they have no idea how much quality time you get on DCL with your spouse thanks to Disney's knowing it's demographics. Kids' clubs, Palo, Remy, couples massages... For that reason, I'm a big fan of B2Bs (less pressure to fit stuff in), but alas, we couldn't swing the dates this time around.

We did the Med May 28 2010 sailing initially, have great memories of it and very much look forward to this trip. Booked our excursions last Saturday morning, and are finally back into the DCL/Disboards swing of things.

This is from my earlier trip report, but it was such a fun conversation I thought I'd repost here for this group. Funny how life always circles back...

-----------------------------
My Favorite Conversation with a DCL Bartender. Ever.

One night when my husband and I broke away for adult time, we sat down in front of a gregarious, entertaining bartender in 687. Although not from the U.S., he had a marvelous (and hysterical) grasp of some of the more nuanced social strata of the most important part of American society. Let me explain.

We started a conversation with him and two of his colleagues (it was pirate night, most everyone was on deck) about what it was like to work on short vs. long cruise itineraries. Somehow this conversation devolved to CMís as high school characters. According to our new friend, there were clear personality groups that exactly mirrored American high school. Some were obvious, like the tech officers on board as the nerds. The cool kids were, of course the entertainers from the shows. Cheerleaders were the spa ladies (who they mentioned with referenced to a certain reputation...which I wonít go into here...but which is another high school stereotype). The servers were the Goths. But the stateroom hosts were also Goths. The maintenance crew were the loners (who everyone agreed worked the hardest). Officers were the teachers and principal (disagreement ensued as to whether the principal was the Captain or the Cruise Director). The Kidsí Club CMs were junior high school. Bar staff were the social butterflies or class clowns. And who were the jocks, you ask? The servers in Remy and Palo.

Wonderful.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #1738
poohmomof5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang4 View Post
Hi everyone. We've been off the boards for a while, but now we're back and I'm catching up with all the great posts, information and inspiration from our great disboarders...

First, a belated thanks to NZDISNEYMOM, MINDELMOUSE, MINIDIVA, and everyone else who's kept us organized and included here and on FB for the past who-knows-how-many months. Thank you so much.

By way of reintroduction, my husband and I both work overseas at embassies. this year and last, we each were at one in the middle east that was too dangerous for families, and the other had the boys at a European post (we swapped this past fall). DCL is one way we catch up with each other and spend concentrated family time. We won't always be split up, but everyone has to take their turn. I'm always trying to spread the word to my peers as they have no idea how much quality time you get on DCL with your spouse thanks to Disney's knowing it's demographics. Kids' clubs, Palo, Remy, couples massages... For that reason, I'm a big fan of B2Bs (less pressure to fit stuff in), but alas, we couldn't swing the dates this time around.

We did the Med May 28 2010 sailing initially, have great memories of it and very much look forward to this trip. Booked our excursions last Saturday morning, and are finally back into the DCL/Disboards swing of things.

This is from my earlier trip report, but it was such a fun conversation I thought I'd repost here for this group. Funny how life always circles back...

One night when my husband and I broke away for adult time, we sat down in front of a gregarious, entertaining bartender in 687. Although not from the U.S., he had a marvelous (and hysterical) grasp of some of the more nuanced social strata of the most important part of American society. Let me explain.

We started a conversation with him and two of his colleagues (it was pirate night, most everyone was on deck) about what it was like to work on short vs. long cruise itineraries. Somehow this conversation devolved to CMís as high school characters. According to our new friend, there were clear personality groups that exactly mirrored American high school. Some were obvious, like the tech officers on board as the nerds. The cool kids were, of course the entertainers from the shows. Cheerleaders were the spa ladies (who they mentioned with referenced to a certain reputation...which I wonít go into here...but which is another high school stereotype). The servers were the Goths. But the stateroom hosts were also Goths. The maintenance crew were the loners (who everyone agreed worked the hardest). Officers were the teachers and principal (disagreement ensued as to whether the principal was the Captain or the Cruise Director). The Kidsí Club CMs were junior high school. Bar staff were the social butterflies or class clowns. And who were the jocks, you ask? The servers in Remy and Palo.

Wonderful.
That is soooo funny! I love how the kids club CMs are like Junior High, thats cute!

21 day trip report LIVE from Amtrak, Disneyland & EB Repo through the Panama Canal!
poohmomof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #1739
mindelmouse
Rabid Disnoid's Spouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang4

We started a conversation with him and two of his colleagues (it was pirate night, most everyone was on deck) about what it was like to work on short vs. long cruise itineraries. Somehow this conversation devolved to CM’s as high school characters. According to our new friend, there were clear personality groups that exactly mirrored American high school. Some were obvious, like the tech officers on board as the nerds. The cool kids were, of course the entertainers from the shows. Cheerleaders were the spa ladies (who they mentioned with referenced to a certain reputation...which I won’t go into here...but which is another high school stereotype). The servers were the Goths. But the stateroom hosts were also Goths. The maintenance crew were the loners (who everyone agreed worked the hardest). Officers were the teachers and principal (disagreement ensued as to whether the principal was the Captain or the Cruise Director). The Kids’ Club CMs were junior high school. Bar staff were the social butterflies or class clowns. And who were the jocks, you ask? The servers in Remy and Palo.

Wonderful.
Welcome back. I am glad you found our postings helpful.

many WDW trips before 1998
WDW - Oct 2000 - offsite, WDW August 2002 - All star music resort, ,WDW Port Orleans, WDW May 2006 Old Key West, WDW Nov 2007 offsite, DCL Magic 11/1/08, MNSSHP 10/31/09, DCL Magic in the Med 8/18/2010, Wonder to Alaska 8/23/2011, NYC to nowhere 6/15/2012, NYC to Bahamas 8/25/2012, 9/30/2012 Dream Cruise, Magic to Greece 6/15/2013, Disneyland Nov 2013, Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/23/2014
mindelmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #1740
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindelmouse View Post
We didn't need id for any purchases we made last time...Never carried our passports off the ship...I think I remember they told us not to, except in tunisia
I agree. No-one asked for our Passports when we were off the ship. However, my DH just carries his passport everywhere we went in Europe.

I carried a copy of the passport in my hidden pocket.

Please remember that when one decides to copy his or her passport at a local print/copy shop, a copy of the passport is forever kept in the Hard Drive or the Memory Card of the photocopying machine.

So, I use my own copy (fax/copy/print) machine from Staples.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: