Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #1711
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavinABlast View Post
nzdisneymom: Your blog is awesome! Thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge. I have been finding it very useful.
** blush ** Thanks. I'm enjoying writing it, and it's been a good way for DH and the boys to know what the plans are without having to listen to me chatter on and on about them! They can just read at their leisure and they have no excuse for not knowing what's coming up For me, the planning is as much fun as the doing - and they don't have interest in the planning - but I do take into consideration what they want to do and talk it over with them before signing us up for things. I'm excited that blogger.com has the ability to update by email so while we're traveling, I'll be able to send posts (and some pictures) so our family and friends back home can get a somewhat "live from the road" report.

Ending the holidays ~ January 3 - 6 ~ Saratoga Springs
Girlfriends Trip ~ February 25 - 27 ~ Grand Floridian
Spring Break ~ March 16 - 23 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas
Hawaiian Vacation ~ June 9 - 15 ~ Aulani
Blogged our B2B Mediterranean Cruises 2013
nzdisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #1712
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Should know the answer to this one ... but brain is failing me ...

What time is main dining?

I have an excursion in Rome until 5:45 and was wondering if dinner that night will be at Topsiders?
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #1713
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
Hi, Pam:

We are also planning to DIY in Malta. I read on several Cruise discussion boards that there's a bus that you can take and it will take you to all the stops.

I have been researching it and it looks fairly simple.

On our last cruise in Aug 2010, my husband walked up all the stairs to the central plaza and square and bought Malta honey.

It was so good that we plan to purchase more when we return.
Thanks for the tip! We love honey and will add this to the list of what we need to purchase. I think we're doing to do Malta on our own and with DCL. Just added the Blue Grotto and am going to purchase a Malta treasure hunt so we can do that through Valletta after the Grotto.
890537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #1714
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl
Should know the answer to this one ... but brain is failing me ...

What time is main dining?

I have an excursion in Rome until 5:45 and was wondering if dinner that night will be at Topsiders?
5:45, but on our last Med and Baltic, dinner was available to main sitting diners on late day port times. We would walk on board and head to dinner no matter how late we were.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:40 PM   #1715
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
5:45, but on our last Med and Baltic, dinner was available to main sitting diners on late day port times. We would walk on board and head to dinner no matter how late we were.
We had the same experience. It helps to let your server know the time your shore excursion will be back. Since it is on DCL they may already know.
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #1716
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1957

We had the same experience. It helps to let your server know the time your shore excursion will be back. Since it is on DCL they may already know.
Our servers always knew what we were doing the next day when we had DCL excursions.
We would also let them know if we were not planning to make it to dinner the next night so they wouldn't wait around for us.
You are right that they adjusted times for dinner so everyone could enjoy the dining room and the ports.
If you have only done the Caribbean or Bahamas with DCL, you are in for a real treat n the Med and on a longer cruise. We love it and it feels so different on the longer cruises n

Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #1717
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone ... That's what I thought
Old 03-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #1718
CJCPixieDust
Mouseketeer

port adventures

It looks like many of us are on the same DCL excursions, which will be fun! This is the first cruise we've done where I've "met" people ahead of time and I'm really enjoying it! It was nice to have people to chat with on Facebook before midnight on Friday. Makes the planning even more fun.

We are doing: Monaco, Monte Carlo & Eze, Acropolis Sightseeing & Archaeological Museum with Lunch, Ephesus, Didyma & Miletus with Lunch & Blue Grotto with DCL. We are doing Rome and Florence/Pisa on our own. We also got Palo dinner and brunch (which we've never done before) and some spa. We wanted Delos Island with Disney, but didn't get it. I will keep checking, but we will do it on our own if it's not available. Anyone interested in Delos with us or know about going on your own?

CJCPixieDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #1719
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJCPixieDust
It looks like many of us are on the same DCL excursions, which will be fun! This is the first cruise we've done where I've "met" people ahead of time and I'm really enjoying it! It was nice to have people to chat with on Facebook before midnight on Friday. Makes the planning even more fun.

We are doing: Monaco, Monte Carlo & Eze, Acropolis Sightseeing & Archaeological Museum with Lunch, Ephesus, Didyma & Miletus with Lunch & Blue Grotto with DCL. We are doing Rome and Florence/Pisa on our own. We also got Palo dinner and brunch (which we've never done before) and some spa. We wanted Delos Island with Disney, but didn't get it. I will keep checking, but we will do it on our own if it's not available. Anyone interested in Delos with us or know about going on your own?
We have three with y'all... Athens Ephesus and Villefranche. We have to definitely meet up ahead of time to have faces and names.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #1720
nzdisneymom
DIS Veteran

I thought some might be interested.

Sala Regia, Vatican City
http://travel.nationalgeographic.com...-vatican-city/

Old 03-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #1721
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

[QUOTE="Double Trouble"

Our twin DDs (10) like to email others their age before the trip to get a head start on making friends. If anyone has similar age DDs that are interested, please PM me and we'll set them up.

Can't wait to meet everyone! More to follow when I get some time. [/QUOTE]

Our DD will be 10 as well.

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
"Dreamy" 15th Anniversary TR!:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004870
MinnieDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:33 PM   #1722
TexasMouseFan
Mouseketeer

Secure bag

Does anyone have a secure bag they recommend? I want something to carry my camera - it's a middle size camera between a point and shoot and a full size Canon Rebel. I am looking at a Pacsafe, but they all start looking the same after a while. I'm wondering if I would be better off carrying it in the open so no one thinks I have something they want.

Also, do we carry our passports off the ship for DCL excursions? If so, I am back to needing a bag or something to carry everything in.

What are you carrying?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #1723
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Posted this on FB ... looks like we may have a bit of a crowd in Barcelona before we sale ... found this http://www.sonar.es/en/2013/

Big concert June 13-15, 2013
Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 PM   #1724
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl
Posted this on FB ... looks like we may have a bit of a crowd in Barcelona before we sale ... found this http://www.sonar.es/en/2013/

Big concert June 13-15, 2013
Arrrggggghhh!!! Pet Shop Boys....I love them!!!

Back to the Med 2013 Greece Itinerary. We're back!!http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2871334
Old 03-03-2013, 10:51 PM   #1725
MinnieDiva
Obsessive Trip Planner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasMouseFan
Does anyone have a secure bag they recommend? I want something to carry my camera - it's a middle size camera between a point and shoot and a full size Canon Rebel. I am looking at a Pacsafe, but they all start looking the same after a while. I'm wondering if I would be better off carrying it in the open so no one thinks I have something they want.

Also, do we carry our passports off the ship for DCL excursions? If so, I am back to needing a bag or something to carry everything in.

What are you carrying?
Does it really matter what it looks like? I would think bland and boring would actually be beneficial while traveling. I have a Pacsafe purse that I use, but my camera won't fit in it...I have a T1i. The husband carries the camera bag, and I keep the camera on me, either slung like a purse over a shoulder or cross body (usually like this then me holding the lens to protect it if in a crowd). If I didn't hold it, DH would never stop to take pics.

The only time we absolutely had to take passports off the ship in 2010 was in Tunisia. Not sure about this time. I do know that I had copies of them, and am pretty sure we brought them with us. We didn't make any big purchases, but don;t you need ID to buy stuff??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: