Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #1681
Double Trouble
Ready for Vacation!

Joining the Fun

Finally confirmed...we're joining in for this cruise! Five of us this time, with Grandma tagging along. Traveling with "Travelbee" and "CasaMartinez", who we met on a previous DCL trip. I'll add us to the roll call and FE lists shortly. Looks like a fun (and experienced) group on this cruise. Grabbed Palo and an excursion last night; doing most on our own.

Our twin DDs (10) like to email others their age before the trip to get a head start on making friends. If anyone has similar age DDs that are interested, please PM me and we'll set them up.

Can't wait to meet everyone! More to follow when I get some time.

Apr 2014, Disney Fantasy, Western Caribbean, 7-day, Spring Break
Oct 2013, Disney Wonder, Western Caribbean 7-day, Just Because
Jun 2013, Disney Magic, Mediterranean 12-day (Inaugural Greece/Turkey), Father's Day
May 2013, Disney Wonder, Pacific Coast Northbound Repo 7-day, Memorial Day
Nov 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Thanksgiving
Apr 2012, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Spring Break
Dec 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 8-day, Christmas
Apr 2011, Disney Wonder, Mexican Riviera 10-day, Easter/Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2010, Mariner of the Seas, Pacific Coast 7-day (it's not Disney, but it was dirt cheap...so we went)
Apr 2009, Disney Magic, Western Caribbean 7-day, Earth Day, Spring Break
Jun 2008, Disney Magic, Mexican Riviera 7-day, Father's Day
Oct 2007, Disney Magic, Eastern Caribbean 7-day, Halloween
Many others (non-DCL) before the DD's came along

Last edited by Double Trouble; 03-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Double Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:55 AM   #1682
puredata
Earring, my ear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
... lost 18 pounds so far ... hoping for 20 more before the cruise ... wish me luck!!
Congratulations, and good luck!
puredata is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #1683
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajz90 View Post
Now I'm going to worry till we get to book

If bookings open midnight eastern, do they open 11 central or do we have to wait?
I also am central time, we booked at 11 pm central timelast night.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #1684
scubadiver
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but bubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by burma View Post
Delos ... did you book that last night? I know FB people were looking for that and it was gone by 12:01

We got everything too including palo ...

We are doing the Hotel in Mykonos but I was surprised I would have loved to dove in the MED somewhere
When we were booking, Delos Island was closed when we got to that port. We moved on to book other ports. We came back to Delos Island at the end and it showed it was open. But only had 3 slots.

Woo hoo I finally made 200 posts.

July 2015 N. Europe 12 nt-Magic;
Christmas 2014 AKL; June 2014 WL; June 2014 E. Carribean - Fantasy; May 2014 SSR (precruise);
Thanksgiving 2013 SSR; June 2013 Mediterranean (Turkey/Greece) - Magic; Spring Break 2013 March/April BLT/AKL Concierge
Thanksgiving 2012 Carribean Cruise - Magic; July 2012 AKL; April 2012 Hawaii - Wonder; April 2012 Disneyland (precruise)
Thanksgiving 2011 SSR; July 2011 OKW; June 2011 Alaskan Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 Panama Cruise-Wonder; January 2011 OKW
Thanksgiving 2010 Treehouse Villas; June 2010 4-Day Bahamas Cruise-Wonder; June 2010 BWV
Christmas 2009 SSR; June 2009 OKW
Thanksgiving 2008 SSR; July 2008 OKW
Thanksgiving 2007 AS Mo; Feb 2006 Disneyland; Feb 2005 CBR; March 2001 AS Mo; March 1999 AS Sports; March 1998 AS Sport; March 1996 Off Site;
July 1990 Off Site 1st time w/wife 2B
scubadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #1685
burma
My Oh My What A Wonderful Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadiver

When we were booking, Delos Island was closed when we got to that port. We moved on to book other ports. We came back to Delos Island at the end and it showed it was open. But only had 3 slots.

Woo hoo I finally made 200 posts.
Congrats ... As I said on FB I think I'm the only crazy ******* that booked the hotel thing

Plus I only have 391 but you are 2004 I am 2005
Old 03-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #1686
MJGirl
DIS Veteran

Just want to thank everyone for the congrats ... It's been hard ... But I'm actually starting to like vegetables. Had spaghetti squash for the first time and loved it! Even tried tilapia .. My mom and dad would have been proud of me!
I "Dream" of a "Fantasy" full of "Magic" and "Wonder"
MJGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #1687
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by puredata View Post
Abayaflowers: confirming my two kidlets for the chocolate factory, june 14, 1 pm... Thanks!
Awesome! I will make a tally to see how many we have so far. The reservation lady was really nice and told me that we just need a total of 15 children instead of 20.

So, if anyone else who would like their children to join in the fun. Please let me know and I will send the details over.
abayaflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #1688
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 890537 View Post
Has anyone done the Blue Grotto in Malta on their own? My mom wants to do this but my daughter really wants to do the family historical hunt. They both start in the morning so we couldn't do both. I had read in TripAdvisor that you can do Blue Grotto on your own (it's fairly inexpensive) having never been to Malta, I'm not sure how easy it would be.

Thanks

Pam
Hi, Pam:

We are also planning to DIY in Malta. I read on several Cruise discussion boards that there's a bus that you can take and it will take you to all the stops.

I have been researching it and it looks fairly simple.

On our last cruise in Aug 2010, my husband walked up all the stairs to the central plaza and square and bought Malta honey.

It was so good that we plan to purchase more when we return.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #1689
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Congrats to everyone who got booked!

We got everything except a Palo brunch .

Probably should have done that first, but I was working on a really slow broadband connection from home, and it took me almost an hour to do everything.

I'm going to try to get a brunch onboard - we've done that before without too much difficulty, and since we have 4 sea days, I am hoping the chances will be pretty good. Fingers and toes crossed! I'm wondering if this is because of our party size - I'm trying to book the brunch for all 4 of us . . .

I was able to get a Palo Dinner on DH's birthday - 6/17, so I'm happy about that!

Here is what we are doing (all DCL excursions; DH too paranoid to do anything on our own):

Villefranche:
Value Package Nice and Monaco - Adults Only

La Spezia:
Piza - Climb the Tower

Civitavecchia:
Jumping Back into Eternal Rome - Adults Only

Piraeus:
Athens Sightseeing, Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum with Lunch - Adult Only Departure

Kusadasi:
Best of Ephesus - Adult Only Departure

Mykonos:
Delos Island - Adult Only Departure

Malta:
Blue Grotto Boat Trip and Fishing Village - Adult Only Departure

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #1690
HavinABlast
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
Finally confirmed...we're joining in for this cruise! Five of us this time, with Grandma tagging along. Traveling with "Travelbee" and "CasaMartinez", who we met on a previous DCL trip. I'll add us to the roll call and FE lists shortly. Looks like a fun (and experienced) group on this cruise. Grabbed Palo and an excursion last night; doing most on our own.

Our twin DDs (10) like to email others their age before the trip to get a head start on making friends. If anyone has similar age DDs that are interested, please PM me and we'll set them up.

Can't wait to meet everyone! More to follow when I get some time.
I have a DD who is 10. I don't have enough posts yet to PM you, but if you want to PM me we can co-ordinate.
HavinABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #1691
HavinABlast
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by abayaflowers View Post
Awesome! I will make a tally to see how many we have so far. The reservation lady was really nice and told me that we just need a total of 15 children instead of 20.

So, if anyone else who would like their children to join in the fun. Please let me know and I will send the details over.
We are in too - 2 DDs.
HavinABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #1692
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJGirl View Post
All done and got everything I wanted

Got Palo's Brunch
Got Spa Massages
Got all my DCL excursions (to chicken to go on my own)

I'm booked on the White Water Rafting in Villefranche... Did it back in 2000 ... hoping their definition of Good Physical condition matches mine No heart conditions, strong swimmer, but have some extra pounds ...working on that though ... lost 18 pounds so far ... hoping for 20 more before the cruise ... wish me luck!!
Congrats!
We also do all DCL excursions we will have to compare to see if we are on any of the same. I know we are not going white water rafting!
Sue
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #1693
DL1957
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post

We got everything except a Palo brunch .

Probably should have done that first, but I was working on a really slow broadband connection from home, and it took me almost an hour to do everything.

I'm going to try to get a brunch onboard - we've done that before without too much difficulty, and since we have 4 sea days, I am hoping the chances will be pretty good. Fingers and toes crossed! I'm wondering if this is because of our party size - I'm trying to book the brunch for all 4 of us . . .

I was able to get a Palo Dinner on DH's birthday - 6/17, so I'm happy about that!

Here is what we are doing (all DCL excursions; DH too paranoid to do anything on our own):

Villefranche:
Value Package Nice and Monaco - Adults Only

La Spezia:
Piza - Climb the Tower

Civitavecchia:
Jumping Back into Eternal Rome - Adults Only

Piraeus:
Athens Sightseeing, Acropolis and New Acropolis Museum with Lunch - Adult Only Departure

Kusadasi:
Best of Ephesus - Adult Only Departure

Mykonos:
Delos Island - Adult Only Departure

Malta:
Blue Grotto Boat Trip and Fishing Village - Adult Only Departure
Congrats
DH and I are on the shore excursion for Athens and Delos Island with you. BFF and SIS and BIL and their friends are all silver so they hope to get these as well.
Sue
Disneyland - over 100 visits
WDW - Over 10
DVC since 2001
No cruises planned for 2014
DL1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #1694
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post

We got everything except a Palo brunch
How fun! We are anxiously waiting for March 17th... to book our Palo reservations and spa stuff.

Great idea Deb to list the excursions. Here's what we are doing.

Villefranche:
DIY: Train to Monaco and if we have enough time, we will be going back to Nice and down to the beach.

La Spezia:
We have hired a private car and tour guide for Pisa (quick stop) and then to Florence. Our tour company (Limo in Rome) plan to take us to lunch there.

Civitavecchia:
We are taking the train into Roma San Pietro station and having another private tour (Limo in Rome) for the Vatican, Pantheon, Palantine Hill, and Trevi Fountain. We liked our guide and tour company so much that we are booking with them again.

Piraeus:
DIY: taking the train to the Acropolis, and following Rick Steves' audio tour, lunch near by, Acropolis museum, etc. and back by train.

Kusadasi:
Still trying to decide which private tour company to use. Many have stated that Ephesus tour was amazing. So, still researching that.

Mykonos:
I was told to buy alot of the Olive soap bars there and the olive oil. I plan to take them back with us and give them as gifts. Still trying to decide what else to do. My DD13 wants to go to Delos, but I read that they might be sold out. Waiting for the 17th of March.

Malta:
DIY: taking the HOHO bus so that we can see the highlights and be within budget. We are also trying to buy the Malta honey which we ran out 1 year ago. It's amazing honey.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #1695
abayaflowers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavinABlast View Post
We are in too - 2 DDs.
Awesome!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: